I mean first half was anyone's game. Then we lose 2 of our best attacking players and we are forced to play a slow Mata and a useless Sanchez and we lose what we had and PSG takes over.

Sanchez was an overrated player at Arsenal already and I guess it's nice in one way Wenger got the last laugh but holy crap did they screw us over. 500k a week? Ramsey should get 800k a week at Juve to match that lunacy.

ashley young with 0 from 6 crosses successful and made key errors.

Working hard with that new contract glow i guess
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-13 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    ashley young with 0 from 6 crosses successful and made key errors.

Working hard after with new contract glow i guess
    How to beat United: Give Ashley Young space to cross, have defenders pick it up, abuse the space he leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Pogba sent off. Harsh call I think
    "Harsh"

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

"Harsh"
    I didn't see any replays or that picture before I said it. On initial viewing live, I thought it looked harsh. Obviously it's a good call seeing the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Also I really don't get the Phil Jones hate, he's a great squad player, he puts 100% effort in on the pitch and in training, and he fights for every ball.

But he makes a few clangers like every defender (Vidic vs Torres every time anyone?) and makes weird faces and he gets shit on.
    Hopefully PSG is a wake up for people to realise its not about "hating" on players.

Its about reality, and that if "effort" was enough to make you a professional footballer wanting to claim the major trophies, you're shit out of luck. You need TALENT AND WORK ETHIC and a bit of luck.

Its nothing to do with his faces. Its about accepting mediocrity for years and claiming to have ambition as a club to actually win shit.

Yes I know Phil Jones didnt even play. But Bailly barely even plays, its normally Jones as first choice to partner up with lindelof or smalling. So bailly cant even develop and gets thrown into big games because at least he has pace and you literally cant play jones vs the likes of Mbappe.

And the likes of ashley young linger around the club claiming a pay cheque and because they're english in the english league they are kept around as quota checkers
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-02-13 at 07:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    man you really hate Ashley Young don't you

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    man you really hate Ashley Young don't you
    Modern fullbacks are a massive part of the game. And utd have a failed winger claiming a pay cheque every week

- - - Updated - - -

Lukaku, pogba, matic, rashford are all good in the air and no one can whip in a half decent cross.

Half the attacking talents are wasted because the only width coming in to whip a cross is the half backs and luke shaw has a hard enough time because utd is left dominated with martial/pogba/whoever the fuck start out wide left and drift in central. And when lingard went off that automatically resulted in the typical imbalance on the right wings because no one is a natural right wing and the only attacking outlet is ashley young who couldnt land a cross if his life depended on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully PSG is a wake up for people to realise its not about "hating" on players.

Its about reality, and that if "effort" was enough to make you a professional footballer wanting to claim the major trophies, you're shit out of luck. You need TALENT AND WORK ETHIC and a bit of luck.

Its nothing to do with his faces. Its about accepting mediocrity for years and claiming to have ambition as a club to actually win shit.

Yes I know Phil Jones didnt even play. But Bailly barely even plays, its normally Jones as first choice to partner up with lindelof or smalling. So bailly cant even develop and gets thrown into big games because at least he has pace and you literally cant play jones vs the likes of Mbappe.

And the likes of ashley young linger around the club claiming a pay cheque and because they're english in the english league they are kept around as quota checkers
    You do realise you need to have squad players as well right? I have no issues with Jones staying longer in the club as long as no one expects him to be a starting player and i seriously doubt anyone do. Same with Young. He can play at alot of different positions, but he sure aint a starting player. We just need a better alternative on the right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You do realise you need to have squad players as well right? I have no issues with Jones staying longer in the club as long as no one expects him to be a starting player and i seriously doubt anyone do. Same with Young. He can play at alot of different positions, but he sure aint a starting player. We just need a better alternative on the right back.
    you're kidding right. Young and jones ARE normally the starters. They're not squad players, they are called on 9 times out of 10 when not injured

10+ Year Old Account
    you're kidding right. Young and jones ARE normally the starters. They're not squad players, they are called on 9 times out of 10 when not injured
    Jones only starts when Bailly is suspended or injured. It's very rare to see him start a league game when the other centrebacks are well. Young does start, but thats because there really aint a better in the team atm. That's why i said we need a better replacement for that position, but i sure dont mind having him in the squad. You need 22 people in the squad and they cant all be world class players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bailly has been variously injured and suspended. He is first choice alongside Lindelof now.

- - - Updated - - -

Jones only starts when Bailly is suspended or injured. It's very rare to see him start a league game when the other centrebacks are well. Young does start, but thats because there really aint a better in the team atm. That's why i said we need a better replacement for that position, but i sure dont mind having him in the squad. You need 22 people in the squad and they cant all be world class players.
    Yep, we definitely need a new right back now Valencia is effectively done.

I think playing Young as RB is fine if we go up against Huddersfield or Burnley but a team like PSG with such fast attacking players, you need someone who is faster than a bag of turtles if you want to avoid nightmares.

I think Young is harshly done by, he re-ignited his career by changing positions and being pretty much the only player to shine under LVG. I'd definitely agree, a perfectly good squad player for cover or easier games. He actually put in a couple of decent crosses in first half (I didn't dream it)

Jones I don't even rate as a squad player I'm afraid, lower-mid table teams will look at a team sheet with him in and always think they have a chance.

The bigger problem at moment is definitely Sanchez, he's just completely gone as a player and I cant see him turning it round at the club (and hes on stupid money)
    Last edited by Wezmon; 2019-02-13 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Utd were terrible in the 2nd half, 1st half wasn't great either.

They need to replace Young, Bailly or Lindelof (probably Bailly, he's not improved), Matic and Lingard (he's a good squad player) with very good players if they want to challenge for the Premiership or CL. Jury still out on Martial, he's so inconsistent. Not convinced Rashford is good enough to be a top striker either, but he's been proving me wrong recently.

Players like Sanchez and Lukaku need to go, just take a huge loss on them. They are bad squad players.

I'm happy with players like Jones being squad players, if he continues to get a run in the team with Bailly and Lindelof fit, then /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Madrid and the forty robbed wins

Somehow always get the refs in their favour. Obstruction of Courtois cause Courtois runs into the guy. Fucking hilarious.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2019-02-13 at 08:48 PM.

Somehow always get the refs in their favour. Obstruction of Courtois cause Courtois runs into the guy. Fucking hilarious.
    Yeah its ludicrous. Never seen a video ref abused like that.

Ajax robbed of a goal. Critics of VAR will have a field day with this call

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Ajax robbed of a goal. Critics of UEFAdrid will have a field day with this call
    That's more like it.

Ajax out-playing them as well. I don't understand the call at all. Courtois didn't react on the "foul" himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was offside apparently.