Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Any business owners ? Entrepreneurs? Self employed people?

Hello! Hope everyone is doing great!

I am an entrepreneur myself, in which I own

A Fitness company

Rental properties ( 6 in vegas)

Just about to launch a podcast that was fully funded

And I also help personal trainers grow their business

What about you?

What tips do you have to be successful ?

I wrote these 32 tips.
    1. There are many ways to be successful, and not one road to get there. Success comes in many forms and always changing as we reach new milestones.

2. Challenge yourself every day, stepping outside your comfort zone is the only way to grow. If you put in the average output you are going to get average output... and even less due to diminishing returns.

3. Surround yourself with other successful people, successful people build each other up, motivate each other and inspire each other. While, unsuccessful people hate, blame and complain.

4. Learn something every day. The more I started to learn, the less I realized I knew.

5. Don't depend on "Luck",
    Create your own when you have prepared enough and the right opportunity is there.

6. Humans are extraordinary, they can turn weeds into gardens, turn rock into works of art, turn pennies into gold and failures into successes. What other thing, on earth can do that? We are extraordinary.

7. If you can think negatively, you can think positively. Right?

8. Healthy Body, Healthy Mind... They are connected... If you pollute one, the other will follow.

9. It takes money to make money, however, when you don't have money you better start getting creative as F**k. I don't get why people never understood this concept. Creativity is free, start putting in sweat equity.

10. Realizing that the wow factor of a Car vs a Luxury Car is about same after about a week of driving it, I prefer to keep my overhead low, and not pay for unnecessary expenses.

11. Try and make your life as routine as possible and minimize the time you spend on routine tasks. Stop thinking about what you will eat next, what you will wear, or spending more than 10 minutes getting ready. I have my groceries shipped to me with cooking instructions, I wear the same type of outfits day in and day out, and put some lotion on my skin and move on.

12. Time is our most precious currency, it's always being spent but never gained.

13. Stop doing less than $100 an hour tasks. Try and automate your tasks as quickly as possible. Nowadays, it is super easy to find an app for that or even use websites to get things done for you in less time.

14. Understanding the failure is just a learning opportunity.

15. Success is just part of the journey and there are little successes along the way and should cherish those mini successes because they will ultimately bring you to your goal.

16. Try to cut out TV or Cut it down. It's a time waster and really has no insightful information to give. You will be surprised how much time you have when you stop trying to catch up on shows.

17. Cut out the sugar, processed garbage, and fast food. Our bodies are like a Ferrari. If you are putting 87 Octane in a race car. It's probably not going to be running at optimal performance, Let's put race fuel in it.

18. Workout, Stretch and Hydrate. Our bodies can take a beating, but it important to take care of it. Spending an hour a day on your body is only 4% of your day, but it will pay dividends for years to come.

19. You have to meet new people, build new relationships and network today. Business deals, don't happen after 1000 likes or 5 comments, they happen in real life.

20. Starting a Business takes major focus and drive, but anyone is capable of doing it. It's just knowing you can.

21. Cut out the negative people in your life, they will drain you of energy and time, and just cause drama. I prefer to just unfollow the negativity people, unfollow and move on.

22. Being a high Performer requires you to perform at a peak level, and your body needs to be ready for it. Don't let yourself be the thing that slows you down, by not taking care of your body.

23. Investing time in your relationships is worth its weight in gold. The people that will support you, uplift, and be your best friend, are going to do more for you than you could ever know. Be kind to one another.

24. If I can pay for something that will speed something up, make my life easier, save me more time, or bring me a better investment If the numbers make sense. Why wouldn't I?

25. Having Goals are important but having a SMART Goal is a must.

26. Posture is KEY! If you have bad posture, fix it right away. You have no idea how much better you will feel when your body feels align and how confident you will feel in yourself.

27. Start every day on a positive note, First thing in the morning do something that will boost your endorphins, If that is positive self-talk, meditation, working out, yoga, going for a run. Start your Day off with a success.

28. Investing in yourself has the Best ROI. Don't be afraid to take some time for yourself, relax, take a breather. I realized my best ideas were made when I was on vacation, laying out under the sun, and doing nothing.

29. Be open-minded, by closing off your mind you are closing off opportunities that could possibly happen by being in the right place at the right time.

30. Get up earlier, you don't realize how much you can get done when everyone else is still asleep.

31. Don't let others tell you what you can or can't do. Create your Empire, because no one is going to create it for you, no one is going to hand you a golden ticket or an "EZ button", Life is about Taking action and having Grit, but most of all believing in yourself.

32. If you think you can't, or you think you can, you are right.

"podcast that was fully funded"

Don't you just need a mic and a guest?

Also instead of posting cliche advice, why don't you post how you got funding for your initial venture?
    What some of the challenges your business faced and how you solved them.

You know... actually useful advice...

10+ Year Old Account
    i am confused what is going on here?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    oof. /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, this reads out like a parody of Trump/Gwyneth Paltrow giving business advice and bragging about being self made. So I'm just playing along.

33. Thank Mom and Dad for all that money to buy properties. Since I'm too insufferable to actually work for other people.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy low, sell high. And I don't mean stocks or crypto. I've literally started my business resseling underwear after fall of iron curtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well personally I have infested in gold a time back, and some stock, I don't have any expenses or debts per say, so yes, I have invested in properties I own, that I rent. I wouldn't consider myself rich, because the rent and revenue I make goes back into that property and paying off the loans which should all be paid up by the end of this year, so I can reap the rewards from that investment.

All in all the 32 tips are pretty useless in the OP, most of what gas been written is already well known and sold to people. The problem is none of it is as easy as it looks, because life and circumstances come into play.

Bottom line, you live and die by your habits and the choices you make, sometimes you do very well, sometimes you really don't however nothing expressly success is distributed evenly or fairly, it doesn't matter how hard you work, or how lucky you are. It for sure really has nothing to do with how GOOD you are.

Most things are chance, the very few though who beat the odds do so because of the choices they make and the environment they are placed. Simple as that.

Most people hate that shit, but there it is.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I was thinking of buying a gym. Whats the lease like for your equipment?
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    Seriously, this reads out like a parody of Trump/Gwyneth Paltrow giving business advice and bragging about being self made. So I'm just playing along.

33. Thank Mom and Dad for all that money to buy properties. Since I'm too insufferable to actually work for other people.
    Thats one of the many benefits of a traditional family that should always be encouraged and not discouraged. The parents can give a hand and an opportunity for their children to become successful adults. Who in turn will get married, have children and the cycle repeats.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    Thats one of the many benefits of a traditional family that should always be encouraged and not discouraged. The parents can give a hand and an opportunity for their children to become successful adults. Who in turn will get married, have children and the cycle repeats.
    still nothing self-made about this. And mostly these guys dodge the taxes on presents too.
    It's not that much of a hassle to work for a company while saving money and beginning to freelance during that time. Even in central europe a budget of under 20k euro is enough to start a service company. (If you idea need hardware, good luck)

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    still nothing self-made about this. And mostly these guys dodge the taxes on presents too.
    It's not that much of a hassle to work for a company while saving money and beginning to freelance during that time. Even in central europe a budget of under 20k euro is enough to start a service company. (If you idea need hardware, good luck)
    Well for me, I started my business through my work experience. I had no education and I came from a very remote area in Australia. Drove to the city at 18 and did mostly labour jobs and some other odds and bits (did security and bouncing for 3 years etc). Did a lot of forklift driving a long with other work. In my early 30's I was thinking 'what can I do to make more money' and started investigating. I found that being a forklift assessor (the guy who tests you for your forklift license) would be an easy step. I needed a certificate to be a trainer and assessor, and I could charge people hundreds of dollars to make them do a written and practical test.

So that's what I did, and I went driving around industrial estates and yards to introduce myself to places and say my services. An employer can pay a fucking ridiculous amount (like ~2 grand now) to put their boys into forklift courses away from work to get a license. OR I come a long and charge $550 to do the assessment at their own yard. I give them the paper work and tell them to study it, then I come back a week later and do the tests. So I am offering a viable cost solution that makes everyone happy. Especially when the boss has say 6 people needing high risk forklift tickets and he'd rather pay you $3,300 than say $12,000 to a training place.

Don't be so caught up and butthurt over people who are blessed with normal sensible parents that helped them out in some way. Its what we should all strive to do for our children.

15+ Year Old Account
    12. Time is our most precious currency, it's always being spent but never gained.
    You didn't come up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    "podcast that was fully funded"

Don't you just need a mic and a guest?

Also instead of posting cliche advice, why don't you post how you got funding for your initial venture?
    What some of the challenges your business faced and how you solved them.

You know... actually useful advice...
    Not really clique.. how many of them do you actually incorporate... but let's see. some "useful advice"...

For podcast requires more than just a Mic and actually, it doesn't require a guest at all.. It could just be me..

But.. a podcast needs a host, you need to market it, you need to buy a mic, a pop filter, stands, you have to actually build out the room to make it sound proof.

Also, need a device that helps with equalizing volume, wiring, software, and so much more...

I presented to some other business owners that I know that were looking to grow their business and suggested we start a podcast to grow their awareness and run it based on what I thought was going to be their target audience

I can tell by your upbeat and positive attitude that you are a real go-getter, as much as I would love to give you some amazing advice that you could use, I have no idea of your situation, problems you are facing and telling a story of how I over came problems could have no real use to you..

I guess this is why I asked where are all the real business owners and self made people are.. Not just some troll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    nothing for you to see

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post

I could never work for anyone else.. How did you buy your properties?
    do you buy multi or SFH?

I am actually looking to do a cash-out refi to buy my next 4 plex but thinking of maybe just doing a 1031.. what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scart35 View Post
    Buy low, sell high. And I don't mean stocks or crypto. I've literally started my business resseling underwear after fall of iron curtain.
    that is amazing! I love it.. kids are selling slime.. why not resell underwear. nice man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well personally I have infested in gold a time back, and some stock, I don't have any expenses or debts per say, so yes, I have invested in properties I own, that I rent. I wouldn't consider myself rich, because the rent and revenue I make goes back into that property and paying off the loans which should all be paid up by the end of this year, so I can reap the rewards from that investment.

All in all the 32 tips are pretty useless in the OP, most of what gas been written is already well known and sold to people. The problem is none of it is as easy as it looks, because life and circumstances come into play.

Bottom line, you live and die by your habits and the choices you make, sometimes you do very well, sometimes you really don't, however, nothing expressly success is distributed evenly or fairly, it doesn't matter how hard you work, or how lucky you are. It for sure really has nothing to do with how GOOD you are.

Most things are chance, the very few though who beat the odds do so because of the choices they make and the environment they are placed. Simple as that.

Most people hate that shit, but there it is.
    Habits are key, but I think these tips are pretty solid.

Sure that is your opinion that that they are pretty useless..

I am sure that you do not incorporate them, hell you post on average 11 times a day.. for 8 years.. that is the mininum.. think of how much time you would have got back if you used that to learn a new skill or maybe choose better investments in which your properies.

Don't know why you would not leverage more of your debt from the properties to create a better return... but you know.. i guess #16 would fall under being on the mmo-champion too much too

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of buying a gym. Whats the lease like for your equipment?
    I don't own a gym, I run a fitness company within a gym.

use the gyms overhead while having my own trainers and clients..

reduce expenses, increase cashflow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Good question.
    there were 2 questions..I answered it below

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PL-Cibo View Post
    try living in orange county where rent is 3k a month

- - - Updated - - -

Well for me, I started my business through my work experience. I had no education and I came from a very remote area in Australia. Drove to the city at 18 and did mostly labour jobs and some other odds and bits (did security and bouncing for 3 years etc). Did a lot of forklift driving a long with other work. In my early 30's I was thinking 'what can I do to make more money' and started investigating. I found that being a forklift assessor (the guy who tests you for your forklift license) would be an easy step. I needed a certificate to be a trainer and assessor, and I could charge people hundreds of dollars to make them do a written and practical test.

So that's what I did, and I went driving around industrial estates and yards to introduce myself to places and say my services. An employer can pay a fucking ridiculous amount (like ~2 grand now) to put their boys into forklift courses away from work to get a license. OR I come a long and charge $550 to do the assessment at their own yard. I give them the paper work and tell them to study it, then I come back a week later and do the tests. So I am offering a viable cost solution that makes everyone happy. Especially when the boss has say 6 people needing high risk forklift tickets and he'd rather pay you $3,300 than say $12,000 to a training place.

Don't be so caught up and butthurt over people who are blessed with normal sensible parents that helped them out in some way. Its what we should all strive to do for our children.
    love this.. you are a true entrepreneurgreat work bud! keep it up...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You didn't come up with that.
    go to google type ""Time is our most precious currency, it's always being spent but never gained.""

I am the only one who said... learn to be better at trolling.

I think some slight bragging. Or whats that stupid phrase they use now, oh, "flex".
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    I think some slight bragging. Or whats that stupid phrase they use now, oh, "flex".
    dont be jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    Not really clique.. how many of them do you actually incorporate... but let's see. some "useful advice"...

For podcast requires more than just a Mic and actually, it doesn't require a guest at all.. It could just be me..

But.. a podcast needs a host, you need to market it, you need to buy a mic, a pop filter, stands, you have to actually build out the room to make it sound proof.

Also, need a device that helps with equalizing volume, wiring, software, and so much more...

I presented to some other business owners that I know that were looking to grow their business and suggested we start a podcast to grow their awareness and run it based on what I thought was going to be their target audience

I can tell by your upbeat and positive attitude that you are a real go-getter, as much as I would love to give you some amazing advice that you could use, I have no idea of your situation, problems you are facing and telling a story of how I over came problems could have no real use to you..

I guess this is why I asked where are all the real business owners and self made people are.. Not just some troll

- - - Updated - - -

nothing for you to see

- - - Updated - - -

do you buy multi or SFH?

I am actually looking to do a cash-out refi to buy my next 4 plex but thinking of maybe just doing a 1031.. what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

that is amazing! I love it.. kids are selling slime.. why not resell underwear. nice man!

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure that you do not incorporate them, hell you post on average 11 times a day.. for 8 years.. that is the mininum.. think of how much time you would have got back if you used that to learn a new skill or maybe choose better investments in which your properies.

Don't know why you would not leverage more of your debt from the properties to create a better return... but you know.. i guess #16 would fall under being on the mmo-champion too much too

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

go to google type ""Time is our most precious currency, it's always being spent but never gained.""

I'll bite, what's your podcast about?

OP is starting a mindfulness course and looking for gullible people.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post

- - - Updated - - -

nothing for you to see

- - - Updated - - -

do you buy multi or SFH?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If someone is bullshitting expect to be called out on it.

It you can't handle it, don't bullshit.

How someone like me, who doesn't have anything to start with but has an idea of what the business would be about, how do I start a business if I have no money at all? My first step was, get a job to have money. Now, I have to work at my current job and think about business outside my job and with current job, I have enough to live. On my own.
    You either get a loan from the bank, which would give you the most power if successful or try to convince someone into investing in you, in which case you'll have to hand over part of your company to said investor, but in return you'll have someone on your side with connections and know how. In either case you'll need a plan to show the bank or investor. Banks aren't as willing to take as much risks as some investors so if you're idea is all the way out there don't count on them. If you're going for an investor prepare to write/meet a lot of them and make sure they don't abuse you and take everything from you leaving you with nothing.

You just need a good mic unless there is video. Then you need good cam and a mic. Probably good sound card too. Rest you can control by software. There is no "so much more" to it.

He asked "how did you get your initial funding?" and you did not answer that. Anywhere. So, to rephrase that question:

How someone like me, who doesn't have anything to start with but has an idea of what the business would be about, how do I start a business if I have no money at all? My first step was, get a job to have money. Now, I have to work at my current job and think about business outside my job and with current job, I have enough to live. On my own.

There are many ways to get money.

Money is just a river, you just need to get it to flow towards you.

But to go back to your question, I’ll pretend you don’t have a job and go back where you said what if I didn’t have any money.

If I had an idea I would make a pitch deck, you can use PowerPoint to create one very easy and very professional looking.
    How to arrange the slides by following a pitch deck example.. i google pitch deck for start ups and looked at about a dozen examples to get the layout and format and then tailored it with my message.

Then present this pitch deck to people in your local market or someone you might know..

Don’t just present it to 1 or 2 or 5 people.. Its a number game, you only need 1 yes.

After each one presentation change it based on the feedback you received and objections you might encounter during your first few presentations, so you can over come this later.

If you want to get into real estate, ask a local investor or House flipper if you can go on a few jobs with them and put in sweat equit.
    Find a deal and bring it to a seasoned investor and give them most of the profits in exchange for them reaching you the ropes so you can do it yourself and learn.

Start an affiliate business to create passive income based on things you like and use, and post it on social media, look at amazon... you can link things from amazon and make 3-4% on a purchase if someone buys from your link. No start up costs.

- - - Updated - - -

To further it...

You could actually create a minimum viable product and have a pre-sale to get your funding.

A barebones product.

Create the rest of the idea or product by feedback that you are given as you build it