Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    A lot? Can you list them? Are they statistically significant?

Overall just glad that MMO-C forums don't determine law. Children are more easily rehabilitated than adults, this is one of a few reasons why children who commit crimes are treated differently than adults who do so. Rehabilitation as a general strategy is successful, check out the crime rates of countries which emphasize rehabilitation over incarceration for evidence. Fixation on vengeance and punishment accomplishes very little.

Funny how nations which take this perspective tend to have higher crime. Cause or effect? Guess that is hard to test, but I lean more toward cause.
    if you ascribe to the sociological perspective then you would be correct however psychologist, which is what courts use to decide if they should be put to death, beg to differ... So basically no matter what the cause once a person is gone beyond redemption, like these piece of crap kids, put them to death and spare society

So, are there people really trying to downplay all of this purely based on age when even a six year old should be aware of how fucked up everything is? The people calling for a death sentence are being absurd, but who the fuck is saying you don't know to not commit multiple felonies.

And I'm sure someone already pointed out the irony of this kind of statement after the Covington ordeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They’re not adults. 12 years old isn’t an adult.

And you literally want to kill children.
    these aren't children. these are monsters who deserve to die.
    best to give them all the death penalty and be done with it as a brutal and ruthless example to others.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the point of being a child?

Do you or do you not acknowledge that the child's brain is not the same as an adult's brain, is not fully formed, and is not equip for pondering long term side effects of actions.

If a 30 year old committed a crime but was retarded with the mind of a 10 year old you'd want to treat them as though they're a normal adult?

I mean these arguments are interesting on this forum because the forum one moment will say the evils of child sex which I can agree with and then turn around and say "let's fucking kill those kids and treat them like adults"

By that same token we know kids aren't adults which is why child grooming is a crime, yet when a child does something wrong the child shall be treated like an adult?

They're not adults, they're not fighting in wars, they can't legally have sex like adults, they can't smoke, drink, they can't learn to drive.
    the way i see it they chose to make an adult decision to kill someone. blood for blood. a life for a life.

- - - Updated - - -

The 12 year old girl who castrated and killed two boys didn't go on to kill anyone else got help and had grandchildren eventually who surprise surprise didn't become killers.
    too bad they didn't sentence her to death. sounds like a miscarriage of justice to me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I wonder what a society would be like that had only 1 punishment for any crime: death.

Jaywalk? Speed? Murder? You're dead, 1 trial, no appeals.

Would that level of brutal savagery be able to break humans into compliance 100% of the time?
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

You know theses kids are going places when they are so young and already used to stealing, mugging and killing people, way to go kids way to go!

This is why you don't live in certain areas. Nothing surprising about this after seeing the mugshots.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a disturbing thing when a Thread about little pieces of shit who stole from and killed a guy is full of people trying to defend the Kids. These kind of savage little cunts being put in Jail will just end up being more savage cunts once they join an inside gang or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 isn't on the cusp of 25.

The guy had a life, now the guy is dead and he doesn't have a life, that's sad. That doesn't mean let's make sure the children also have no lives, why wouldn't you want to minimize harm all around and try to REHABILITATE people. I know rehabilitation is such an alien concept but the point of prison should be to try to rehabilitate.
    you can't rehabilitate monsters.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Dindus in their pupal stage. Surely they will soon evolve into productive members of society.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-02-13 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you can't rehabilitate monsters.
    Those kids are hardly set in their ways. No one is at 12.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    doesn't matter they took a life. now they must pay with theirs.

I'm going to refer to how kids smiling was a horrible thing that necessitated death threats and doxxing while you're making excuses for murdering someone for not turning over their stuff in a robbery.

What a strange hill for people to die on.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't matter they took a life. now they must pay with theirs.
    It certainly does matter. The judicial system should be firm but redemptive is possible. A vindictive one only creates harder criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly does matter. The judicial system should be firm but redemptive is possible. A vindictive one only creates harder criminals.
    the judicial system should exist to exact revenge and retribution for those who were wronged and keep the population in line. an obedient population preferably.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-02-13 at 07:09 AM.

Some are, some aren't. It's possible that the kid shot panicked and shot the guy. It's possible the kid that shot is a lifelong psychopath. One thing I am sure of, is that while I know laws require all the kids to be charged with the murder as they were all participating in the robbery, I doubt they're all equally culpable for the shooting.

The consequences are the weight of the end of life, what that means for them and their families these are things that they're incapable of perceiving. What it means for themselves where their life will go whether they can even get away with it.

There is a reason 12-17 year old killers often are caught shortly after and in extremely stupid ways, and that's because they're fucking teens with immature brains
    Again, I never claimed that their brains were fully mature... just that they can understand the severity of taking another human life.

BTW...most killers are caught shortly after the crime regardless of age...so your final point is rather meaningless.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm going to refer to how kids smiling was a horrible thing that necessitated death threats and doxxing while you're making excuses for murdering someone for not turning over their stuff in a robbery.

What a strange hill for people to die on.
    You're talking about the little MAGA Hats?

I don't remember anyone here wishing harm upon those kids. Hell, I even said the smiling one got a wrap because it was he friends acting he fool. He looked scared more than anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Some are, some aren't. It's possible that the kid shot panicked and shot the guy. It's possible the kid that shot is a lifelong psychopath. One thing I am sure of, is that while I know laws require all the kids to be charged with the murder as they were all participating in the robbery, I doubt they're all equally culpable for the shooting.
    I'm not arguing that none of them shouldn't be charged or not see a jail cell. I am saying that seeking the definitely is ridiculous.

You're talking about the little MAGA Hats?

I don't remember anyone here wishing harm upon those kids. Hell, I even said the smiling one got a wrap because it was he friends acting he fool. He looked scared more than anything.
    Alright, sure. We'll pretend that none of that happened so you can continue to make excuses for murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    the judicial system should exist to exact revenge and keep the population in line. an obedient population preferably.
    You're allowed to think what you want. Thankfully the Western world has moved past that ideology.

You're allowed to think what you want. Thankfully the Western world has moved past that ideology.
    Unless you smile at a Native American.