Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "To help us reach our full potential, we have made a number of important leadership changes. These changes should enable us to achieve the many opportunities our industry affords us, ..." from Kotick's statement sounds like "we switched our profit oriented managers for even more profit oriented ones", or am I the only one who reads it that way?

10+ Year Old Account

Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Throw some stats at me! Hit me with those facts and numbers - i dont deny it, but i would love to see some data.
    data is aviable lieteraly everywhere .

including data that proves that mobile market already is bigger then PC& consoles market combined and predicted to double if not tripple in incoming 3 years.

all you need is type that into google

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    He just had to address the departures of the senior management somehow. That's just pretty normal C-level bullshit he delivered. The translation is: "Some senior managers left/were let go - we're back to stable management structure again".

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the vultures are out. That didn't take too long.
    Voltures said they will sack people on Friday. It's great when You find out from Youtubers that You will be sacked next week :/

Only voltures here are fucking corporate top earning basterds
    Cant wait for more mobile games

It's fantastic move after giving a 15 000 000 bonus for STARTING NEW JOB to CFO last month.
    Last edited by lordzed83; 2019-02-13 at 08:38 AM.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Making more money than ever is not enough, they need more. The suits, higher-ups and CEOs/CFOs etc need their yearly million dollar salaries, 15 million dollar bonuses etc

and all they have planned for 2019 is WoW Classic, WC3 remake and mobile gaming
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-02-13 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Making more money than ever is not enough, they need more. The suits, higher-ups and CEOs/CFOs etc need their yearly million dollar salaries, 15 million dollar bonuses etc
    right
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/activisio...aking-the-job/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    "To help us reach our full potential, we have made a number of important leadership changes. These changes should enable us to achieve the many opportunities our industry affords us, ..." from Kotick's statement sounds like "we switched our profit oriented managers for even more profit oriented ones", or am I the only one who reads it that way?
    sometimes leadership needs to change . its actually pretty common practive in a lot of corporation that "reward" for finishing very imortant projects is not promotion only being let go because some people burn out completly during "process" and after that only thing they think about is relaxing and enjoying the fruits of success instead having "hunger" for more.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    sometimes leadership needs to change . its actually pretty common practive in a lot of corporation that "reward" for finishing very imortant projects is not promotion only being let go because some people burn out completly during "process" and after that only thing they think about is relaxing and enjoying the fruits of success instead having "hunger" for more.
    That makes sense.
    Does it trully happen? Thats ruthless no time to enjoy success, bye bye. We need hungry people.

Sounds cool and ruthless at same time

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post

and all they have planned for 2019 is WoW Classic, WC3 remake and mobile gaming
    are you jealous ? should have learned in school and become someone prominent just like they did instead spending all this time playing games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    That makes sense.
    Does it trully happen? Thats ruthless no time to enjoy success, bye bye. We need hungry people.

Sounds cool and ruthless at same time
    there is a saying which is pretty accurate for this .

"if you dont have stomach strong enough you shouldnt want to learn/see how sousage is made"

there is a saying which is pretty accurate for this .

"if you dont have stomach strong enough you shouldnt want to learn/see how sousage is made"
    In Portugal is made with the small/ large intestines of the pig

Sounds bad? Its fucking delicious though.

they seem to have high hopes for cod blackops

unlucky apex legends release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Av9 View Post
    they seem to have high hopes for cod blackops

unlucky apex legends release
    Well, from what I have picked up - CoD and Immortal is the only thing they are going to release in 2019. That’s pretty shit, especially because BR games will totally eat CoD playerbase.

The upside though is that means they will have to buckle up with WoW, because it’s one of the few things they have going now and they will likely push new Diablo game development hard - they wasted too much time there.

Honestly 2019 outlook is a disgrace - such a huge games company and they have like 2 titles to show for the whole year... wut.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard: We seem to be getting a lot of bad PR lately

Also Blizzard: fires their entire PR team

Truly big brained thinking.
    To be fair, their PR team was quite shit.

So...this seems to be a talking point to me...but im not an expert so im not sure.

How did the "operating income" increased 51% with the company revenue only being up 15%?

Does this mean Blizzard is spending less? How in the hell did they cut so many costs that the operating income is up 51%???
    So strange.

Link for the difference between revenue and operating income:
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...nd-revenue.asp

Any experts?

So...this seems to be a talking point to me...but im not an expert so im not sure.

How did the "operating income" increased 51% with the company revenue only being up 15%?

Does this mean Blizzard is spending less? How in the hell did they cut so many costs that the operating income is up 51%???
    So strange.

Link for the difference between revenue and operating income:
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...nd-revenue.asp

Any experts?
    there can be milion reasons most of which would be visible in accounting sheets - to tell you the causes one would have to do complete analysis of their numbers - doubt anyone who can do it (i know i could ) would willingly do it for free.

unless you will find some youtube-streamer/financial analyst willing to take it as stream content

there can be milion reasons most of which would be visible in accounting sheets - to tell you the causes one would have to do complete analysis of their numbers - doubt anyone who can do it (i know i could ) would willingly do it for free.

unless you will find some youtube-streamer/financial analyst willing to take it as stream content
    51%....what kind of gymastics did they do to achieve that?

Less office parties...less cakes? only tap water for workers? lool those 51% are killing me. Really impressive.

Or it could be that 100k whales buying all the in store goodies makes up for the millions of subs lost... When i login I always see players with the in store mounts and other goodies.
    So between the above and cutting costs they probably making some more profit in % but maybe not in pure numbers.

EG. In the past they spent 1 billion to make 1.5 billion
    Now they spent 500 million to make 800 million.

So they can earn less but still make more profit in % terms

It's a play on words to make it look better then it is.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2019-02-13 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Or it could be that 100k whales buying all the in store goodies makes up for the millions of subs lost... When i login I always see players with the in store mounts and other goodies.
    So between the above and cutting costs they probably making some more profit in % but maybe not in pure numbers.

EG. In the past they spent 1 billion to make 1.5 billion
    Now they spent 500 million to make 800 million.

So they can earn less but still make more profit.
    Activision operating income increased 14%
    King operating income increased 28%
    Blizzard....51%, what tha fu**. That were some impressive gymnastics they did.

Just to add, when staff happiness is not the number 1 goal for a company anymore it usually goes downhill with time. There is less incentive for the guys working on the games to be that creative and the creativity has to come from the few people earning the big money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Activision operating income increased 14%
    King operating income increased 28%
    Blizzard....51%, what tha fu**. That were some impressive gymnastics they did.
    Impressive gymnastics like laying off people, lowering wages, not paying bonuses?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.