Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I hope people will pay attention - they will reduce their NON-DEVELOPMENT positions.
    Of course, you don't kill the goose that lays the eggs, lol. No one even thought they would be firing developers. So your exclamation is kind of moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Imagine trying to justify companies laying off or firing people in 2019 cuz "other companies to do it!"
    Imagine people forgetting Mike communicated a laid off 600 employees from Blizzard, not ACTVI, blizzard in 2012, but hey, long live Mike! this new one is an asshole! let's forget stuff! This is not how companies who are in nasdaq work!

About the thing of 2012:

https://www.engadget.com/2012/02/29/...hW0hHSM3lvFsjw

Let's be clear, it's hard, and I really feel sorry for the ones that have been laid off. But it happens and if the company truly wants to reestructure, they are not wrong, it could have been done better, but they are not evil incarnate. I wonder why do they even communicate this, as others have pointed out, other major companies don't tell shit about this.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Imagine people forgetting Mike communicated a laid off 600 employees from Blizzard, not ACTVI, blizzard in 2012, but hey, long live Mike! this new one is an asshole! let's forget stuff! This is not how companies who are in nasdaq work!
    Um, that was bad then and it's bad now. What the fuck are you even blabbing about? Nobody should be surprised that this is happening, but if you're mad now and you weren't before it's good you're finally coming around, if you're still defending them umm let's just say I'm amazed you're able to make it out of your door with your shoes properly tied.

Let's be fucking real clear about something, if you're one of the most profitable companies in your business like Blizzard is, and you pay your employees well below industry standards, you are a shitty company to work for and you deserve all the hate being thrown at you.

If you're a person that just enjoys Blizzard games and you're defending them here, seek professional medical help immediately because you're clearly not well.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2019-02-13 at 11:55 AM.

Only thing I must say to J Allen Brack:

mobile gaming is not gaming, its mild entertainment at BEST.
    Hardcore gaming, real gaming, ESport is PC. focus on PC gaming or you will loose way too many gamers.

Um, that was bad then and it's bad now. What the fuck are you even blabbing about?
    No one cares back than and now days he is praised as the second coming of Christ.
    And that were only blizzard employees.

But iam happy the CM is gone. It got boring seeing the classic community flaming him all the time, probably him being hated by the classic community Was a big part of him being fired

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

Hardcore gaming, real gaming, ESport is PC. focus on PC gaming or you will loose way too many gamers.
    Mobile gaming is gaming. Are you a gamer if you play hearthstone on the pc , but not when you play it on your phone ?

And Btw Fate Grand order makes almost made around 1,5 billion ? I think we know were the gamer leave their money

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggers View Post
    Lay off the CM who supports classic WoW before the release of classic WoW. Classy AF Blizzard, hope your company suffers as a result.
    So you want more people to be fired..?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Um, that was bad then and it's bad now. What the fuck are you even blabbing about? Nobody should be surprised that this is happening, but if you're mad now and you weren't before it's good you're finally coming around, if you're still defending them umm let's just say I'm amazed you're able to make it out of your door with your shoes properly tied.
    First of all, I apologize for the way I talked to you, this is not how one should talk to others here, sometimes anonymity gets the better of me.

As I said after that, I don't think they are wrong in doing these layoff from non-development, but it's not good also. If I search deep down from what I really feel, it would be sadness for the ones being laid off, as some of them really loved working there, and while I don't defend them doing so, as you said, I'm not surprised and neither mad and anything on the line.

Again, sorry!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    bought destiny dlcs the moment they left activision
    And went to tencent... The people in charge of diablo immortal
    Oh BTW since its still on their store they still get a cut, so you just paid Activision blizzard the exact same amount you would have if you bought it months ago...
    Destiny 2 is still owned by actiblizz. Just bungie can make new destiny games elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    No one cares back than and now days he is praised as the second coming of Christ.
    And that were only blizzard employees.
    You speak for nobody but yourself, plenty of people cared and that is part of why they quit the game. It has really been nothing but a steady decline in subs since Cata with occasional increases in population when a new expansion or patch is released. And I'm not sure what fucking planet you're living on but people were really generally glad to see Mike go, right now a lot of them just realized that things are not going to get better.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2019-02-13 at 12:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

I love how we have somehow put a gate as to what "gaming" is... Remember back when anything that was electronic and was a little game was... A game? Most games we used to get called nerds for playing, are now "casual mobile ripoffs" ice climbers, there is hundreds of games like that on mobile that... Apparently arnt games, but back then sure as hell were

Its like going to a baseball game and saying. "You fucking 12 year olds. This isn't real baseball, get the fuck off the field casuals, your ruining real baseball just by existing!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    there are quite a few positions in the news post about CMs, esports and PR jobs. i think that in these times, those are the people needed RIGHT NOW to talk to the community.

but that is it. this is the moment. this is what mike morhaime saw when he got overwhelmed by applause at the opening ceremony of blizzcon 2018. he saw all those passionate fans - and knew his diablo team would betray them. he saw many people from his company - and knew bobby nodick would betray them. he even saw the two destiny players - and knew that they would soon be free from bobby.

he saw all this and you can just see it on his face. the look of someone who knows what will happen in the next few months. and the whole diablo immortal debacle is probably one of the most important factors for the online hate and memeing about blizzard and subsequently the plummeting of their shares. that is all so sick.
    So the fans hating on and meming diablo immortal is the cause of these firings? I'm confused what your saying.

You speak for nobody but yourself, plenty of people cared and that is part of why they quit the game. It has really been nothing but a steady decline in subs since Cata with occasional increases in population when a new expansion or patch is released. And I'm not sure what fucking planet you're living on but people were really generally glad to see Mike go, right now a lot of them just realized that things are not going to get better.
    Odd I can’t find this threads about people caring about it. Maybe only you can view them

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And went to tencent... The people in charge of diablo immortal
    Oh BTW since its still on their store they still get a cut, so you just paid Activision blizzard the exact same amount you would have if you bought it months ago...
    Destiny 2 is still owned by actiblizz. Just bungie can make new destiny games elsewhere.
    Pretty sure it was free for quite some time a few months ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I left WOW in Oct 2017. At the time, it wasn't planned to be permanent. I enjoyed Legion as an expansion, I was just burned out on MMO's in general and needed a break. When I saw from people playing the beta what a dumpster fire BFA was going to be, I decided to not return for that. Then in November 2018 I uninstalled all Blizzard products from every device I own (even the battle.net launcher, I told the one person I know who still uses it that the would have to talk to me some other way), and added them to my permanent boycott list along with Konami, EA, and Apple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Pretty sure it was free for quite some time a few months ago.
    The game was, not DLC's which is what he bought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I left WOW in Oct 2017. At the time, it wasn't planned to be permanent. I enjoyed Legion as an expansion, I was just burned out on MMO's in general and needed a break. When I saw from people playing the beta what a dumpster fire BFA was going to be, I decided to not return for that. Then in November 2018 I uninstalled all Blizzard products from every device I own (even the battle.net launcher, I told the one person I know who still uses it that the would have to talk to me some other way), and added them to my permanent boycott list along with Konami, EA, and Apple.
    ok? nice story? What are we supposed to get from this other then "i didnt like the game so i quit"

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The FFXIV team fired the decision makers and apologized for fuckin' up. SE and Nintendo remember what responsibility means.
    It's not a fair comparison though. Japanese values are completely different than those in the US. No way would a Japanese company make record profits and say it it failed to reach it's full potential and lay off 8% of it's workforce.

Layoffs are because of ONE thing.

Blizzard does not listen... they keep saying they are, but they aren't.

Over and over they ignore the pleas of their playerbase... they say things like: "Oh, but we hear a lot of people say one thing, and a lot of people say the exact opposite."

While there is divide, you only have to look at subscriptions to tell which choices are bad ones. They are choosing to pursue "features" that are designed for short time players... who will "expectedly" unsub after a few months... and in the meantime.. people who want to play longer leave game entirely because the game just doesn't offer a satisfying experience.

Sad thing is... they canned approx 800 people... amd are going to put that money toward the dev team who are the ones fucking it up. Sad.

What a touching message from our great president! Love Live Brack! Long Live Ion!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken42 View Post
    “While our financial results for 2018 were the best in our history, we didn’t realize our full potential."

That is a direct quote from Bobby Kotick after today's announcement. For ActiBlizz it's not about making money, it's about making all the money people be damned.
    But there were almost no developpers fired. One guy from IT. Rest were just people hired for diversity quota, or are we really going to just ignore that most of these people represent a certain part of the lgbqt community?

10+ Year Old Account
    Brack right now:

Typical drivel from a chief bootlicking officer.

Dear Customers,

Over the past <nebulous timescale>, I've spoken to many people about how we <do the thing our focus groups think you want>.

<assurances that we know what we're doing>. <assurances what we're doing is that thing our focus groups think you want>.

With that in mind we are <nebulous non-committing assurances that sound like they lead to that thing our focus groups think you want>. <brief nod to the elephants in the room so customers will continue to waste money on them in false hope>. <assurances about direction and priorities>. <enthusiastic statement about positive future>.

In order to do that, we have to <overview of shitty business practices>. <minimal details about shitty business practices, and marginalization of the importance of those who will suffer them>. <feigned sympathy for those being fired>. <stress that this was a difficult decision for bootlicking senior management types to generate sympathy>.

<re-stress difficulty for bootlicking managers>. <enthusiastic statement about positive future>.

Sincerely <lol>
    Chief Bootlicking Officer
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2019-02-13 at 01:40 PM.