Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You need Monster Hunter World world OP, what you are describing is a Monster Hunter game.

Nah you are not alone. The Witcher 1 was a terrible game at many things (clunky controls, boring to death combat, load times everywhere, invisible walls everywhere). Probably the only redeeming feature was the story which I missed anyway since by the time I was halfway 2nd act I couldnt stand it anymore and quit the game lol.

The Witcher 2 improved a bit on most of the complains I had over the first game but didnt really feel as great as all reviews make it seem to be. Definitely enjoyable unlike the first game but also overrated IMO.

Good thing I got both enhanced editions for 3-4 euro during some steam sale a few years ago and probably will wait till Witcher 3 is dirt cheap too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Hello everyone

Literally everyone i've seen says The Witcher 3 is a godlike good game.. BUT.. I'm really struggling to like it. I absolute hate the dialog.. dialog every god damn where I go.. I wanna fight monsters, collect gear and fight monsters..! Not spam press space bar all over. I'm level 14 atm and I just arrived at Skellige and i'm so closed to being burned out.. My own fault for space bar though all dialog? In that case I can say I can't and won't be able to endure the dialog spam all over..

Should I just give up or will the game get any better? My biggest problem in the beginning of the game was the voice of Geralt but now it's simply the dialog all over....

What to do?
    It is a heavily story driven game. If you don't like to immerse yourself in the story, then this is not the game for you. All in all, the combat isn't all that thrilling. Once you learn a monsters weakness, it is a cakewalk (on less than hard difficulty settings).
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Witcher, not Monster Hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not like i like or anything. I doubt ill ever get around to playing it too.

A lamborghini does't appeal to everyone. Some people only like mustangs, or toyota camrys. Doesn't make the lambo not a lambo - its still a top of the line premier car. Its just you're a camry person.

to be honest I don't care for stories like witcher 3's either but I still enjoyed the game very much because it's very well done

You tried an RPG and you skip the RPG parts, gee I wonder what's the problem...
    You're looking for a hack'n'slash.

IF this post isn't a troll or "super edgy emo attempt" (which i suspect it is), to call the dialogue & story shallow is quite laughable. You wanna critize the combat plenty of people do that validly; you wanna say you dont enjoy the characters/lore, fine they may not appeal to everyone. But when its critically and fairly universally recognized to be an exemplary (not necessarily "omg best ever!!!!") implementation on those accounts, and has an engaging open world/quest design on top of it, you're just being dishonest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest. I bought into the hype too and when I first bought it I put maybe 15-20 hours into it, trying to complete every single little thing in the first area, and I ended up getting fed up and bored and put it down for a good year or more. I eventually came back to it after the 2 DLCs were added and initially had a hard time picking it back up, but worked though it and ended up really enjoying the game. I still think it's a bit over hyped, but it's 100% worth a play though if you like openworld action RPGs.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

There's so many different types of RPG that's kind of silly to shoehorn "story" into the "main" rpg thing. There's plenty of rpgs without such huge story focuses.

Really what you should be saying is Witcher is a STORY FOCUS'D rpg so it won't appeal to people who want more action.

People have different tastes, even if the majority of people love it it is absolutely natural for someone to dislike it

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Hello everyone

Literally everyone i've seen says The Witcher 3 is a godlike good game.. BUT.. I'm really struggling to like it. I absolute hate the dialog.. dialog every god damn where I go.. I wanna fight monsters, collect gear and fight monsters..! Not spam press space bar all over. I'm level 14 atm and I just arrived at Skellige and i'm so closed to being burned out.. My own fault for space bar though all dialog? In that case I can say I can't and won't be able to endure the dialog spam all over..

Should I just give up or will the game get any better? My biggest problem in the beginning of the game was the voice of Geralt but now it's simply the dialog all over....

What to do?
    You just don't like RPG games. You like korean braindead grindfest style games inspired by mobile model.

You should look into this new game that's gonna be fucking lit, mate. I think it's called Diablo Immoral.

Calling TW3 shallow LOL. You’re a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Calling TW3 shallow LOL. You’re a troll.
    Troll? Gtfo please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like TW3 just isn't quite to your taste, i would recommend Diablo 3 if you want a more fast paced action oriented game

Be wary when it comes to RPGs and praise. Lots of player praise seems to ignore gameplay if the story is good while some might be looking for more gampeplay.
    Which is why I'm baffled that games like Fallout 3, Oblivion and games like those gets so much praise. They are just awful games from a game standpoint.

Witcher 3 has pretty cool gameplay too though for me, when it comes to story I just loosely followed it.

It really does sound like you want to play an ARPG instead of a RPG.

Characters are fleshed out, the thing is you wont know a lot about them if you haven't read the books or played The Witcher 1 and 2.
    Also, you are skipping most of the dialogue, obviously you won't know what the fuck is going on. The dialogue and characters, the story and worldbuilding in The Witcher 3 is what makes it a great game. The combat isn't the main part.

Either skip the game if you dont like the game or play the first 2 games and THEN start the 3rd one up again.

If you just want to get sick loot and have a decent story, go play Path of Exile or Grim Dawn, as that seems like it's more up your valley.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Holy fuck no, Monster Hunter is even slower and far far more clunky than the witcher. Not to mention the cringey as fuck weeb dialogue
    But the dialogue is mostly irrelevant to Monster Hunter. The suggestion was based on the fact that Monster Hunter is all about the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Either skip the game if you dont like the game or play the first 2 games and THEN start the 3rd one up again.
    I don't think that is good advice.

Witcher 1 has not the greatest gameplay nor the best voice acting, which adds a lot to RPG's.
    Unless you know you'll be playing Witcher 3, you're basically slogging through a rather mediocre,decade old RPG, to play the second part (which is better than the first but still has its downsides) only to then possibly get the story of the 3rd game.

And on top of that, all three games fling references and characters at you that you do not know unless you read the books.

In my opinion, if you want to play Witcher 3, play it, see if you think like it, then go back to the first or second game, finish those and go back to Witcher 3, or just play through Witcher 3 once, then play the other two games if you want more context, then play through Witcher 3 again.