Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    u cant trial nightborne
    You can trial anything.
    Maybe you didn't unlock it, bruv.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    You can trial anything.
    Maybe you didn't unlock it, bruv.
    why go thru all the hassle of unlocking it before u can try it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the male NB look terrible, and I dislike the posture of the women. Was disappointed too.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Female NBs are a NE reskin and share melee animations. I actually like them but they really need to add about 5+ more face and hairstyles. GLowy hair as well.
    This tbh. Nightborne is one of the only current Allied Races I sorta like, but they need some better faces and hairstyles for the female. Otherwise I think they're pretty cool.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I just wish the Nightborne were carbon copies of the Night Elf's like the Void Elf's were of the Blood Elf's.

Or at least copy the Nightborne NPC's in Suramar, with the longer arms and trippy profile, almost alien looking. But nope, we get some cheap looking combination of a Night Elf mixed with the Suramar NPC's, but done by an intern working part-time, and the final release they look cheap as fuck.
    That's just the thing though. Void Elves are literally just a Blood Elf that has been touched by the void & are now purple. Nightborne are former Night Elves who were addicted to arcane magic and have starved because of that. They are NOT carbon copies of the Night Elves because they have changed over the years. Void Elves are a new "race".

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    why go thru all the hassle of unlocking it before u can try it...
    >hassle of unlocking

roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    It can't hurt to try to request a refund. Good luck!
    My thoughts exactly. Tell them that you're not pleased with how they looked and would just like to revert to the way your character was.

Nightborne female mage can look pretty great with the right purple robes, but man they have to give us those slanted eyes. Without it, you just look at them and something's not quite right.

(and on a more petty level, remove the chin-plate from the female version of the heritage armor. it was clearly a male decoration in Suramar)

Whats weird about OP's complaint is that all of the things he hates (thin, lanky and sickly looking, wide stance) are all Nightborne features on the Nightborne NPCs as well. What a weird thing to only realize retroactively. It's like if questing through Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge, getting Thorium Brotherhood to exalted were the DI unlock requirements, and you did all of them only to then go "I just unlocked Dark Iron dwarves and man I am not happy that they have dark skin and red hair! Why don't they look more like regular dwarves?"

Like I get not liking the differences in the faces between NPCs and the player NB, and stuff like that, but this is just complaining about Nightborne being Nightborne.

one word.... Goggle....

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm upset we didn't get the streaks in their hair. The glow streaks, or whatever. I also agree about the face option situation. Sigh

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    one word.... Goggle....
    But zey do nothing!!

In seriousness OP, things like WoWhead exist and have done for over a decade and they allow you to try armour sets on ANY playable model. maybe don't rush into things?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would mainly consider caster classes for the Nightborne. That said, they could do more with the heritage armor and faces/hairstyles. That can be said for most AR though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    [...]
    Thoughts opinions?
    First of all I had the feeling with every allied race so far. They just shine with their heritage armor. When you put them in regular mog you just feel that you wasted a lot of time for a tiny cosmetic you even do not recognize that much due to shared skeletons.

Regarding the NB specifically: Especially the males are a total joke and do not reflect Blizzard usual high standards. The females are better. But as said above wearing their heritage will raise them in another level. Unfortunately it just shines with casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can nightborne be different than nelf with 'wider legs' and stuff, when they use exact same skeleton !?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    are you implying that NightBorne NPCs are anything like player models?!
    They are similar enough to offer up a sample of what to expect. And yeah, during the dungeon that is set in Suramar, you are a a Nightborne for the entirety of the dungeon. Player models are similar in a lot of ways, and after playing through that dungeon, it should have been sufficient enough evidence as to what to expect once they were playable. Jump, run, combat... they were nothing like Night Elves, or any other race for that matter.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    how can nightborne be different than nelf with 'wider legs' and stuff, when they use exact same skeleton !?
    Is this true ? Ok take away the spread legs and puffy chest stance, other than that they're exactly the same ?

I've gone back and forth on a trial 110 female Night Elf abd my level 120 female Nightborne, both wearing the exact same mog outfit of LFR T13 Dragonsoul gear.

And the Nightborne just seems skinnier more frail, not as muscular as the Night Elf.

But she's growing on me. As I already have a bunch of male Night Elf's that I like, but I want something different to play, and might keep this Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    The Nightborne males are absolutely horrendous. If they were just a reskin of Night Elves then you people would still be up in arms calling Blizzard lazy and etc.
    Because both options are lazy?

Doing a bad job is lazy. Re-skinning an existing race is lazy.

If they did a better job nobody would say it.

imho the nightborne are the worst of all allied races. seems so unfinished and unpolished.

but hey OP, at least you unlocked legion flying ... that alone makes it worth the time you spent during the questline.

and as many others already mentioned ... trial a class before you faction change and spend money next time

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Because both options are lazy?

Doing a bad job is lazy. Re-skinning an existing race is lazy.

If they did a better job nobody would say it.
    Every allied race is a reskin. But some are more tasteful than others.