Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Comparing expansions

If you had to rate Cata,WoD,BFA which one would be the most disliked by you?

For me it is Wod>BFA>Cata

I liked quite a lot Cata.It gave me 2 pasanger drake.
    WoD was really disapointing.
    I enjoy BFA's story and M+ but that is it.Where is the mage tower similar content?Never added!
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-02-14 at 10:36 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

BFA > Cata > WoD here if I'd have to rate the worst. It's the only xpac i'm not looking on coming back anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    bfa>wod=cata

I'd say WoD was the worst. There was next to no content and content cut repeatedly. They also had the system in place which was essentially "instance yourself in your garrison and click on this table."

BfA and Cata I'd probably rank as a tie right now. Cata had the entire world revamped, which was nice for leveling alts, but the higher end content wasn't really that great. BfA, it's not over yet so it's hard to really rank it. Where it stands now, I'm far from impressed. Hopefully they turn it around, which would make it the third worst expansion, but who knows if they can.

Not really a fair comparison but BFA would be most disliked but not because of anything from BFA but because of scaling (legion) and ability pruning (WoD). Cata would come second because shattering ruined the old world. WoD gets the best ranking simply because it was just the first round of ability pruning and it had mission gold. I don't hate entire expansions like you guys, I usually just dislike one aspect of the expansion and everything else is fine.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-02-13 at 01:06 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

from dislike to like:
    (Legion) > BfA > Cata > WoD

M+ was an amazing addition to the game, but on every other aspect I really dislike the direction the game design has taken after WoD. World of tricking casual players into staying subbed a month or two longer.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2019-02-13 at 01:05 PM.

Cata was pretty good until dragon soul. People judge it harshly based on the memory of that raid. Both WoD and cata were better than BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    People saying WoD was good or better just shows the power of rose tinted goggles.
    BFA is only in its first major patch, so judging it to entire expansions is kinda bullshit... but whatever

Wod<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BFA<Cata
    but BFA with 8.2 has the potential to kick up past cata quick, with 8.3 and stuff posslbe to make it even higher
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but BFA with 8.2 has the potential to kick up past cata quick, with 8.3 and stuff posslbe to make it even higher
    No it doesn't. Its a rotten garbage light years away from Wod which was previously the worst expansion. When the core systems design drive away most players it doesn't matter what new sylvanus fanfic they release in 8.4 or 8.5

Woltk >BC > Mop

Woltk was the worst thing to ever happen

1. BfA
    2. WoD
    3. Cata

Overall mine is WotLK>MoP>BC>WoD>Cata>BfA

@ArenaDk
    lol.....

for me bfa is the worst, then wod then cata

1. Cataclysm (the first weeks were fantastic, maybe the best of any expansion)

2. Warlords of Draenor (good first weeks, that's it)

3. Battle for Azeroth (worst expansion to date, nothing good besides visuals)
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    From best to worst

BfA > WoD > Cata

Cata will always be the worst expansion because it was the only expansion to make me quit WoW due to how bad it was.

WoD was bad because there was literally notihng to do, but I can say I at least stay subbed

BfA is going to go down as the most under rated expansion for me. Especially with how people harp on it as the worst. It has problems but then again so did some of the ebtter expansions like WoTLK and MoP

Overall my chart is

TBC > WotLK > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD > Cata
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-13 at 01:31 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    BFA is only in its first major patch, so judging it to entire expansions is kinda bullshit... but whatever

BfA has been sh*t for 8.0 and 8.1 (okay, personal opinion).

8.2 and 8.3 (if there will be 8.3 after all) won't make this expansion any better, too much damage has been done already until 8.2 and the overall perception will hardly be improved one year after the expansion's launch by a possibly good / great patch. One year of desolation is enough to ruin the experience for a long time.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-02-13 at 01:31 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    1. BFA
    2. WoD
    3. Cata

I got burned out during Cata, and quit all together for the first time since playing near the end of the first tier. I came back for Firelands after a while to see it, but quickly quit again. I never did DS as a current raid.

WoD also burned me out quick, probably for the mistake that I'd decide to be MT for that expansion. Forced myself to keep on raiding and hating it.

Not burned out with BFA currently, due to the new raid. I stopped playing all together for around a month (maybe more) before this new raid came out though, as I was burned out with Uldir and the current M+.

Still pains me to do at least one M+ a week atm, but I only do it when my guild ask me to come along with them. No chance I'll pug.

Having fun in raids though, see how long that lasts. We better not have another long wait for the next raid.

I've never enjoyed this game outside of raids, besides levelling for the first time and gearing up in 5 mans to be able to raid. End game content outside of raids and 5 mans has always sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk >BC > Mop

Woltk was the worst thing to ever happen
    curious why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    No it doesn't. Its a rotten garbage light years away from Wod which was previously the worst expansion. When the core systems design drive away most players it doesn't matter what new sylvanus fanfic they release in 8.4 or 8.5
    So you rather literally no content for 2 years then content you personally dont like and have only experianced 6 months of?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    BfA has been sh*t for 8.0 and 8.1 (okay, personal opinion).

8.2 and 8.3 (if there will be 8.3 after all) won't make this expansion any better, too much damage has been done already until 8.2 and the overall perception will hardly be improved one year after the expansion's launch by a possibly good / great patch. One year of desolation is enough to ruin the experience for a long time.
    Yes 2 years with 1 actual content patch, where we are all locked in our garrison is somehow better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    1. BFA
    2. WoD
    3. Cata

I got burned out during Cata, and quit all together for the first time since playing near the end of the first tier. I came back for Firelands after a while to see it, but quickly quit again. I never did DS as a current raid.

WoD also burned me out quick, probably for the mistake that I'd decide to be MT for that expansion. Forced myself to keep on raiding and hating it.

Not burned out with BFA currently, due to the new raid. I stopped playing all together for around a month (maybe more) before this new raid came out though, as I was burned out with Uldir and the current M+.

Still pains me to do at least one M+ a week atm, but I only do it when my guild ask me to come along with them. No chance I'll pug.

Having fun in raids though, see how long that lasts. We better not have another long wait for the next raid.

I've never enjoyed this game outside of raids, besides levelling for the first time and gearing up in 5 mans to be able to raid. End game content outside of raids and 5 mans has always sucked.
    Next raid wont be long, dazar was only so long because of the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting with Mope, every expansion has just gotten worse and worse. I'm amazed people even still play WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    If you had to rate Cata,WoD,BFA which one would be the most disliked by you?

For me it is WoD>BFA>Cata
    I liked quite a lot Cata.It gave me 2 pasanger drake.
    WoD was really disapointing.
    I enjoy BFA's story and M+ but that is it.
    I think you mean Wod<BFA<Cata

> means better then < means less then
    Big side= good, small side= bad

Wod better then BFA better then cata