Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Especially since bunch of those 28 appear to be white males. Some of the theories in this forum are a bit of a stretch sometimes, but every now and then you get one of these ultra-flat-earther equivalent posts like OPs and it really makes you scratch your head and think about the fall of humankind.
    Yeah. I do realize now that it was the OP who was trying to float the BS narrative and that the guy on twtter was only highlighting those that were working for Blizzard specifically. No where did the guy on twitter say anything about diversity quotas or even imply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    These are exactly the people that were hired to fit their diversity quota's and the bubble finally popped.
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Uh, no. I recognize that customer service employees have value, which Actiblizz would too if they looked at the state of it in EU after the layoffs there.

But okay. I quit the argument because I didn't want to argue with a complete tool that just ignores and refutes anything someone says, despite having no actual argument.

Literally all you are doing is saying "No, you're wrong, how could you be right?" And assuming that qualifies as an argument.

Do you realize that just the salary of Kotick could pay for almost every employee fired to retain their job?

Do you realize if million dollar salary executives didn't get unnecessary bonuses, the 800 people laid off could've been paid?

No. You don't. You don't even understand where this country's debt came from.
    No matter how many times you repeat this BS it is still BS and you are still clueless. They didn't lay off these people because they couldn't afford it. They laid them off because they were not needed to fulfill the companies needs. They were laid off so they could put that money in areas where it is needed. Agagin, you don't keep employees simply becauseyou can afford to. This is not hte welfare state you insist it is.

The only one being a complete tool here is you. Ignore list it is so I don't have to deal with your cluelessness any further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This looks like a thinly veiled "learn to code". OP is disgusting.
    They're working overtime since their bullshit is getting ignored in other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    How do you know?
    He doesn't. He is pushing a narrative because a large number of those listed by the twee were women and minorities. What he fails to notice that there were also a number of white men in there and only 28 that were actually let go from Blizzard Entertainment itself. IN other words, he is full of it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not Bobby Kotick's job to be sympathetic It's his job to steer the companies success and profits.

And almost all of the people they laid off have limited skill sets. IT's likely none of them could be re-focused, especially if the re-focus is largely in game development.
    What was that last earnings call if not successful? And no, with that guy and that company that is not likely -at all-.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    What was that last earnings call if not successful? And no, with that guy and that company that is not likely -at all-.
    I didn't say it wasn't successful. What I am saying is that it isn't Bobby Kotick's job to be sympathetic. To him, laying off people is a business decision. His concern is the bottom line, not what happens to employees after they are laid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Since you guys are now making it about race, but white males are part of the lgbt community too? I mean two of those white males have pronounces on their damn twitter page.
    Oddly fitting how many of these twitter profiles have disney, pronounces and dyed hair
    Sometimes I seriously can't tell if people like you are for real.

You're talking about diversity hires. White men in a video game industry are not diverse. You didn't say they were firing liberals, you said they were firing diversity hires, and no, being a heterosexual white male in the games industry would not make you a diversity hire under any definition.

Do you even know what that term means?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That isn't bloat. That is what keeps Activision-Blizzard competitive with other companies in attracting top level executives. Slashing bonuses and making your company far less competitive with others means those top executives will go elsewhere leaving you with 2nd rate executives. The bloat is where you are spending money that is a waste. All the extra employees that aren't needed are a waste. No reason to keep them on and you sure as hell don't keep them on simply because you can afford to. You cut them to stay effecient and gain the ability to spend the money you saved by reallocating it to places that will help the company better.
    It's funny how 90 % of my message is how I asked twice for source showing that paying such fat bonus to top management is actually making companies competitive, and yet you managed to make a whole paragraph completely ignoring this entire point.

Still waiting for said source.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-02-13 at 03:41 PM.

So i suppose if a company is in truly bad condition then layoffs are a nessecery evil. However, im wondering what sort of bonuses upper managment will be receiving (or has already recieved) after the layoffs. Seems a fitting question.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's funny how 90 % of my message is how I asked twice for source showing that paying such fat bonus to top management is actually making companies competitive, and yet you managed to make a whole paragraph completely ignoring this entire point.

Still waiting for said source.
    Go look at compensation packages of similar high level executive positions of several different companies. You will find that they are all very similar in dollar amount. If you are far less than most, people aren't going to work with you when you can get far more money elsewhere, especially when it comes to the brightest young minds. You are going to pay the fair market value. One company pays more, the other companies will immediately follow suit. It's the free market at work.

fun company

pretty sure they fired all the customer support so now we will have to wait days for them to reply

and some retarded persons like Golden still work, nice directions from shit company

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This looks like a thinly veiled "learn to code". OP is disgusting.
    but he is not wrong.

they didnt fire devs and coders they fired PR / Marketing grunts probably will just outsorce this to other companies

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    So i suppose if a company is in truly bad condition then layoffs are a nessecery evil. However, im wondering what sort of bonuses upper managment will be receiving (or has already recieved) after the layoffs. Seems a fitting question.
    Same ones they were getting before and always were.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but he is not wrong.

they didnt fire devs and coders they fired PR / Marketing grunts probably will just outsorce this to other companies
    But he is wrong. He is claiming they are getting rid of people hired for the diiversity quota. Where he is wrong is that many of those laid off are in fact while men.

I mean blizzard laid off all their community managers... so much for "increased communication"

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Having massive layoffs amidst record profits actually kills competitiveness as it makes your company an unsafe place to work. Especially when you're already known for having poor benefits.
    All corprorations carry this risk. There is no such thing as a completely safe corporation to work for. You are taking a risk anytime you accept a job from any corporation like Act-Bl. That is the nature of the corporate beast.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-02-13 at 03:55 PM.

So your evidence that they were "diversity hires" is that, if you ignore all the white men in the list representing 4% of the people laid off, the remaining people are either not white or not men and therefore diversity hires?

Yes. It's definitely the rest of the world that is the problem.

What a pathetic fucking excuse for a human being.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

You are such a fucking Troll, overlordd. You contradict yourself five times in two different threads just to argue with people. Pretty sure you also wouldn't give a fuck if it wasn't something about WoW because you didn't open such a thread up when that happened in other companies. kthxbye.

But just for the record; Yea, that whole deal is shitty. But thats what you get from buying Call of Duty, because in this case its evident which side of the company that comes from.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    No I'm accusing you of pretending economics are so complicated that 800 people absolutely had to be fired amidst record profits. I'm not hiding either, I'm right here telling you that you are dead wrong.
    What I think they are trying to say to you is that the didn't need those 800 people, because the rest of the employees can do it just fine, so those 800 people where (being objective, it hurts to write this actually) a waste of money.