Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    Warfronts is the greatest idea in BfA

I make no bones this is the only feature i do right now but lets talk about this to its bear bones.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?

How many times did you feel you was fighting in a huge army fighting across a real battle field that wasnt pvp based?

Warfronts is awesome and certainly they are easy now cause this is just the first implementation of it but tell me this cant be improved upon?

We can have pvp warfront battles like this where we need to gather real resources where that actually matters and where battles might take more than 30 minutes.

We can have scaling sets of difficulty where with AI tech the other side dont derp but can actually check your moves and if your king or queen (i know they aint that but we all know what i mean) dies it means the end and you need to reset to start over for good rewards that mean something.

Islands expeditions has been a bust but warfronts is truly a feature where i truly felt i was fighting a war and i want to see more of this not just more raids with bosses just waiting to be raped.

Warfronts are the future of WOW
    Nope. They were a decent idea but the execution is just a boring mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    Warfronts, like every other easymode content in the game, need to be changed to provide a challenge. It should be possible to lose a warfront while actually trying hard to win it. The only reason to make it easy is for accessiblity, which is what has been killing the game slowly since 2008.
    Or you can go play the harder content while those that like the easier content ca do that. Everything doesn't need to be a challenge of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is possible to lose a warfront, especially if enough go afk.
    "while actually trying hard to win it"

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Nope. They were a decent idea but the execution is just a boring mess.
    But can you not see how this can be improved upon?

You see i started this thread cause i dont want warfronts to die a death and yes me saying its the greatest idea in BfA is a pretty low bar but i see so much potential and i simply dont want to see this go the way of scenarios did back in MoP.

Or you can go play the harder content while those that like the easier content ca do that. Everything doesn't need to be a challenge of your choosing.
    There's plenty of easy game out there, why come in WoW, a game that originally required effort for almost everything, and force the devs to change the game and make it bad?

Easy content make people bad at the game because they get rewarded for not accomplishing anything respectable. When these people are faced with a challenge they alt tab and make a whine post here and on the official forums instead of shutting the fuck up and getting better at the game. If easy content didn't exist, there would be none of that happening.

Easy content is cancer, go play another game.

"while actually trying hard to win it"
    That is a good way to get people to not play it after they get fed up having lost a couple of times. Easy content isn't what is killing the game. At all. Peoples change in what kind of game s they like to play is. Ask Wildstar how being challenging worked for them.

That is a good way to get people to not play it after they get fed up having lost a couple of times. Easy content isn't what is killing the game. At all. Peoples change in what kind of game s they like to play is. Ask Wildstar how being challenging worked for them.
    Easy content factually is what is killing the game. Look at when easy content was thrown into the game and look at when people started leaving.

There's plenty of easy game out there, why come in WoW, a game that originally required effort for almost everything, and force the devs to change the game and make it bad?

Easy content make people bad at the game because they get rewarded for not accomplishing anything respectable. When these people are faced with a challenge they alt tab and make a whine post here and on the official forums instead of shutting the fuck up and getting better at the game. If easy content didn't exist, there would be none of that happening.

Easy content is cancer, go play another game.
    How about you go play another game. Easy content and begin widely accessable is why this game grew to 12 million subs in Wrath. The only cancer to the game is elitists such as yourself. Also, WoW NEVER required effort. Tedium does not = effort. WoW was always the casual mmo that marketed it self on being easy to play. Get out of here with that effort nonsense.

Go play Wildstar if you want everything to be challenging. Oh wait.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-02-13 at 04:19 PM.

Yes I agree war fronts are a great idea. They encompass everything I liked about Wintergrasp and Timeless Isle.

Easy content factually is what is killing the game. Look at when easy content was thrown into the game and look at when people started leaving.
    Easy content was thrown into Wrath. Ballooned to 12 million siubs. Try again.

Go look at Wildstar to see what happens when you try to make everything challenging. Funny how the easy game still exists while the challenging game does not.

another "great" feature that 95% only does once per cycle in darkshore, totaly ignoring arathi for the quest for 400 loot. Another of these great features that will not come back in next expansion.

How about you go play another game. Easy content and begin widely accessable is why this game grew to 12 million subs in Wrath. The only cancer to the game is elitists such as yourself.

Go play Wildstar if you want everything to be challenging. Oh wait.
    Please, you can't be stupid enough to think that the day easy content get in the game everybody will leave. It's a gradual process. People leave AFTER it's implemented, not WHILE it's being implemented. For that you need to look at the decline after Wrath, not the peak of Wrath which was mostly because caused by TBC being good and not braindead easymode.

Wildstar looks like shit, plays like shit, wasn't optimized for shit and the character designs were horrible. They would have died even if they had the best gameplay in the universe.

I was intrigued at first but find them quite boring unfortunately. ITs like a bad version of HoTS.

Easy content was thrown into Wrath. Ballooned to 12 million siubs. Try again.

Go look at Wildstar to see what happens when you try to make everything challenging. Funny how the easy game still exists while the challenging game does not.
    The only reason WoW reached that many people is because of TBC carrying people over to wrath. No one played wrath because of the easymode content put in it, they played it because the game was in good shape.

You're factually wrong but you will never admit it. Let's just stop this here.

Please, you can't be stupid enough to think that the day easy content get in the game everybody will leave. It's a gradual process. People leave AFTER it's implemented, not WHILE it's being implemented. For that you need to look at the decline after Wrath, not the peak of Wrath which was mostly because caused by TBC being good and not braindead easymode.

Wildstar looks like shit, plays like shit, wasn't optimized for shit and the character designs were horrible. They would have died even if they had the best gameplay in the universe.
    Yep moving the goalposts. I knew you would. ANd you are trying to use the old bit at pointing to sub loss to back up your claim that one thing caused people to leave. Newsflashj: people leave for a ton of reasons. People left because of the flying issue. People left because they thought the game was too hrad. People left the game because it was too easy. The list goes on on and on. Correlation does not = causation. The only one being stupid is the one that is ridiculously trying to claim that the only reason people are leaving the game is because of easy content. Subs actually went UP in the duration of Wrath. The 1+ year of ICC is when the downturn started. People weren't leaving mainly because it was too easy. They were mainly leaving because there was no content to play. If they were leaving because the content was easy they would have left long before they actually did.

I am done with your BS narratives. Not going to waste my time any further on one who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warfronts have the potential to be truly amazing given a small difficulty increase. I'm looking forward to hc mode when its actually out.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Warfronts is clearly a way to try and get a bunch of people to recreate a RTS Warcraft experience. But it's one you can't lose (because losing a half hour game coupled with 25 random players is a recipe for a whole lot of abuse to be thrown about). It's not even good. You just push through, like LFR. Half the people have no idea what's really going on and stand about aimlessly.

It just doesn't add anything to the game. It's just more bland WoW content. At least islands have rare drops to go for, and the Nightborne scenario was for farming rep. This doesn't even have that. You just get some poor transmog gear that nobody needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Warfronts is clearly a way to try and get a bunch of people to recreate a RTS Warcraft experience. But it's one you can't lose (because losing a half hour game coupled with 25 random players is a recipe for a whole lot of abuse to be thrown about). It's not even good. You just push through, like LFR. Half the people have no idea what's really going on and stand about aimlessly.

It just doesn't add anything to the game. It's just more bland WoW content. At least islands have rare drops to go for, and the Nightborne scenario was for farming rep. This doesn't even have that. You just get some poor transmog gear that nobody needs.
    This is all wrong. I have never been in a warfront where laf of the people are aimless standing about. Everyone has been doing something whether it is killing or gathering resources. And right now what you say only gives "some poor transmog gear that nobody needs" actually gives gear that are still good upgrades for people and it is a great way to gear up alts. To say it doesn't add anything to the game is just completely false.

I agree. Warfront is the most interesting pve content for me now at least, certainly much better and more fun than the mindless mythic+.

Yep moving the goalposts. I knew you would. ANd you are trying to use the old bit at pointing to sub loss to back up your claim that one thing caused people to leave. Newsflashj: people leave for a ton of reasons. People left because of the flying issue. People left because they thought the game was too hrad. People left the game because it was too easy. The list goes on on and on. Correlation does not = causation. The only one being stupid is the one that is ridiculously trying to claim that the only reason people are leaving the game is because of easy content. Subs actually went UP in the duration of Wrath. The 1+ year of ICC is when the downturn started. People weren't leaving mainly because it was too easy. They were mainly leaving because there was no content to play. If they were leaving because the content was easy they would have left long before they actually did.

I am done with your BS narratives. Not going to waste my time any further on one who doesn't know what he is talking about.
    You were looking at your own team's goal, I hade to flip the entire football field over to explain what everybody but you already understood.

WoW came out and it was a demanding game. Had to put effort into it. But it was not overly complicated like Wildstar. The difficulty was fine. No one here, specially not me, said that all video games need to be the most challenging thing in the world. There's a right level for it. WoW was fine on release and TBC and for a good part of Wrath as well. While some easy content was introduced in Wrath, the real shit braindead content really appeared in Cata where the population dropped drastically. The easy content of Wrath was tolerable.

It's a spectrum. Wrath was fine, Cata became too easy, and Wildstar is just over the top. Everything is explained. You were supposed to have understood this long before this subject was even brought up. There was no bullshit narrative on my side, only your lack of comprehension made you think that, it's only in your perspective but not in reality. Your personnal issues have nothing to do with me or with the facts.

You're not the one wasting time here, you have a lot to learn. Me on the other hand I'm only here to help you understand, I cannot gain anything from this conversation.

------------------
    Please, mods, when this guy trigger-reports me for speaking the truth (something that happens way too often on this forum) please consider how wrong he was and consider what's important, spreading missinformation or teaching people the facts? Don't ban people for speaking the truth, it's only damaging the forums and creating a community of idiots.
    Last edited by Freshouttajail; 2019-02-13 at 04:49 PM.