Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Too bad they give a bad first-impression in the current state...

Warfronts are not fun right now. It’s like playing a game with cheat codes. The potential is great, but the current versions are not fun.
    Did they ever "fix" Warfronts? As in, can you actually lose now?

Warfronts, the concept, like you said had amazing potential, but as with most things when playing against AI it's pretty... meh.

The current warfronts certainly do not feel anything like a great or epic experience. More like playing against a.i. in old alterac valley or a slightly uptuned scenario from mop. Since a.i. is dumb, the game is an autowin, unless everyone goes afk. Between cycles it's like timeless isle, which is ok as a way to gear up alts I guess. Not that I have any real incentive for leveling several alts to cap, unless they plan on raising the availability of seasonal bosses beyond 110.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Two Factor View Post
    Warfronts is the greatest idea in BfA

I make no bones this is the only feature i do right now but lets talk about this to its bear bones.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?

How many times did you feel you was fighting in a huge army fighting across a real battle field that wasnt pvp based?

Warfronts is awesome and certainly they are easy now cause this is just the first implementation of it but tell me this cant be improved upon?

We can have pvp warfront battles like this where we need to gather real resources where that actually matters and where battles might take more than 30 minutes.

We can have scaling sets of difficulty where with AI tech the other side dont derp but can actually check your moves and if your king or queen (i know they aint that but we all know what i mean) dies it means the end and you need to reset to start over for good rewards that mean something.

Islands expeditions has been a bust but warfronts is truly a feature where i truly felt i was fighting a war and i want to see more of this not just more raids with bosses just waiting to be raped.

Warfronts are the future of WOW
    Wintergrasp was the true castle siege , because of real battle with playing characters rather than a stupid pve fake battle where npc die by looking at them

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Wintergrasp was the true castle siege , because of real battle with playing characters rather than a stupid pve fake battle where npc die by looking at them
    I loved Wintergrasp but Blizz never let that scale or improved upon it.

You say stupid fake pve battle well thats pretty much the whole game cause most of WoW is fake PVE where we kill bosses over and over again!

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Did they ever "fix" Warfronts? As in, can you actually lose now?

Warfronts, the concept, like you said had amazing potential, but as with most things when playing against AI it's pretty... meh.
    You actually could lose from day one. Enough people alfk and you will lose.

I loved Wintergrasp but Blizz never let that scale or improved upon it.

You say stupid fake pve battle well thats pretty much the whole game cause most of WoW is fake PVE where we kill bosses over and over again!
    you still need people able to do things to bring down a boss , in warfronts you just spam your abilities from checkpoint to checkpoint with 0 thinking involved , the darkshore one was even easier than arathi .

Last arathi I've done me (dh) a paladin and a lock basically pushed all by ourselves trought the central checkpoints while the rest of the raid was still between mines and lumbermill , then we just had to wait for towers to fall and gates to open . With no timegating it would have been over in under 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    you still need people able to do things to bring down a boss , in warfronts you just spam your abilities from checkpoint to checkpoint with 0 thinking involved , the darkshore one was even easier than arathi .

Last arathi I've done me (dh) a paladin and a lock basically pushed all by ourselves trought the central checkpoints while the rest of the raid was still between mines and lumbermill , then we just had to wait for towers to fall and gates to open . With no timegating it would have been over in under 10 minutes
    Yes but its only cause blizz hasnt played around with the difficulty scale.

Blizz has already said they want to implement difficulty scaling where the other side will prolly rape you if you dont coordinate just like in raids.

Warfronts can be raids but on a wider map scale with the other side sending out different troops to check what move you make.

Imagine if the other side sent out shock troopers that will rape any clothie?

like i said the possibilities is limitless and i dont want to see this feature die.

Everyone has made the same point 40 times already. I'm not going to mention those.

I will however make a comment about a different aspect of War Fronts.

I can easily see the idea of War Fronts as a raid. Each node already has a mini-boss, right? Imagine a raid with a time limit of 1.5 hours.

You and your guildmates have to go in, figure out how to best capture nodes.

Zerg raids are FUN if it is tastefully done.

Just an idea.

Call me when they're PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Everyone has made the same point 40 times already. I'm not going to mention those.

I will however make a comment about a different aspect of War Fronts.

I can easily see the idea of War Fronts as a raid. Each node already has a mini-boss, right? Imagine a raid with a time limit of 1.5 hours.

You and your guildmates have to go in, figure out how to best capture nodes.

Zerg raids are FUN if it is tastefully done.

Just an idea.
    Couldnt have said it better

Warfronts is equally boring as it is to watch & wait for paint to dry..

GW2 looks more up your alley. Warfronts atm are just glorified free loot. You could do your part and speed it up by grabbing wood and iron, or you could just stand around watching Netflix until its done.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Honestly I laugh every time I think a lot about Warfronts. It seemed like the developers were genuinely so hyped for these things and probably 90% of the feedback I've seen is just people absolutely hating it. It's like the Diablo Immortal of WoW features. And it should be! It's terrible content. Just the absolute worst example of their late '10s era on-rails MMO design.

How many times in WoW have you felt being a part of a sieging army fighting against a castle?
    Never. That includes warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Never. That includes warfronts.
    Well iam not sure what else to say. You are entitled to your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure "Waiting around for other people to gather lumber or something to get past an artificial wall doesn't really feel like a siege" can be dismissed as an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Honestly I laugh every time I think a lot about Warfronts. It seemed like the developers were genuinely so hyped for these things and probably 90% of the feedback I've seen is just people absolutely hating it. It's like the Diablo Immortal of WoW features. And it should be! It's terrible content. Just the absolute worst example of their late '10s era on-rails MMO design.
    I disagree with all of that. You hating it doesn't mean only those that hate it are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm not really sure "Waiting around for other people to gather lumber or something to get past an artificial wall doesn't really feel like a siege" can be dismissed as an opinion.
    Do you actually know what a seige is?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I disagree with all of that. You hating it doesn't mean only those that hate it are right.
    Congrats? You'll have to direct me to the part of my post where I said my opinion was the Only Good And Correct One. I'm sure you can find dozens of people who agree with you. Not sure where, but I'm sure you can.

Well I feel like I am running around mindlessly killing meaningless trash mobs and I'm really just waiting for things to move along. I think that's how most people feel. I don't see anything exciting about warfronts. What do you like about it?