Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legion: M+ and World Quests are added as well as cool features like the Mage Tower Challenge. Pretty cool. GJ Blizzard.

BFA: Warfronts and Island expeditions are added… What the f went wrong.. sad..

The saddest thing for me is how they've assassinated almost their entire cast of formerly interesting characters to prop-up the likes of Anduin and this head-in-the-dirt faction war. It had far more potential to be one of the best segments of storytelling to come out of the Warcraft universe in a long time, and they mucked it up with basic as it gets Good vs Evil with a retread of MoP's: Horde goes bad and fights itself and the Alliance are dull, perfect and win.

The opportunity to add some real nuance to both sides was completely abandoned for the rule of cool and the assumption that Horde love killing their own characters and being out-right evil and the Alliance enjoy being burned, beaten and lead by humans that do no wrong because of their human potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    When you have spent 15 years hearing from a community that thrives on some kind of insane toxic Stockholm syndrome, it's impossible to separate negative feedback from autistic screaming of people who don't want anything new and hate every change, but will turn around and lionize it was "the best ever" during the next expac.

Just look at all of the "Warlords/Cata/Pandas wasn't so bad" posts, and then compare to the flood of brainless vitriol that was shouted by forum goons while those expacs were current.

BfA is fine. There's been some missteps, but one of them wasn't a selfie patch.
    ehm what ?
    they can easily see bad things, for example how they f8cked shaman class
    the best shaman in world, the founder of shaman guides, told them that shaman is bad, which shaman did they want to hear ? i can understand they ignore my feedback (also it is always about bugs, and they didn't fix some of them either), but to ignore one of top shamans in world feedback and even say 'shaman is good the problem is ur mentality' that is the worst retarded thing i ever saw from blizzard
    if they will ignore him, what is the purpose of beta then ? sadly the answer is beta is free advertisement for bfa, it isn't for actual test of any bug anymore, yeah it used to be like that, but not anymore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Warfronts and islands do have a lot of potential; they've been misconceptualized when it comes to the various things done within them. The only thing I'd hate more than how lacklustre these features feel is that they scrap these concepts, while becoming scared of trying to reinvent themselves and the game in the future because this didn't work. It'd be as bad as Blizzard thinking that a housing system would be a bad thing because garrisons weren't as well recieved as they had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    For me the saddest thing in bfa are all the forum warriors that think they know whats wrong with wow instead of accepting that the constant change of wow has changed it far enough from their vision that they don´t like it anymore but rather bash it then say goodbye.

I still enjoy wow for what it is and accept, that it needs change every expansion so that it doesn´t become stale due to no changes.
    Those players have poured literally thousands of hours into the game and their characters.

Just quit isn't really an option when something because ingrained in your lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I like Expeditions and Warfronts, I generally don't understand why people don't.
    Not everything needs to be a challenge, not everything needs a bundle of meaningful rewards, but it does need to be fun and entertaining and I feel like Warfronts and Expeditions generally do.

Then again, I LOVE the class I am playing right now as its one of the main things the keep me playing, the gameplay of my class, I like the combat and if I can experience that while gaining some novelty items or one of the many many mounts and transmog opportunities in the game that's fine by me. Expeditions could be greater, be more exploratory with puzzles and such could be really fun as well but as they're right now I don't see much of a problem with them, and Warfronts just need a bit more difficulty, the chance to fail needs to be vastly more present
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But me personally,I don't like the Azerite or rather the Heart of Azeroth system because it fails in the same way as Artifacts did. Its an illusion of constant progression and character growth just being a continual grind of mediocrity. The traits are a cool concept, sometimes, but having to level up my heart more and more and more is not, if they want that system in the game scrap leveling altogether, no more level cap, give us something we can feed power into if that's what they want. But having a new level cap, and new item to level up once you reach max level isn't fun, isn't exciting. I wouldn't say its sad, but its just not what I want or expect to be doing once I reach level cap.
    Bizarre, most people laugh at expeditions and warfronts - they are a fucking joke - interesting you like the gameplay and combat of the class, seeing as it's all been gutted down to retarded monkey mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    No playable Vulpera. That would probably be the only reason I'd need to resub at this point...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Those players have poured literally thousands of hours into the game and their characters.

Just quit isn't really an option when something because ingrained in your lifestyle.
    I've been playing since 2006, and I quit around the begin of October. Sure it sucks leaving something I've spend 14 years of my life playing, but being so blatantly taken advantage of by Activison sucks even more.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

In an expansion that forces the factions so much apart as BFA does, you cannot have story-driven content that is the same for both factions. Or better: You can, but it feels out of place. You understand what i mean when you play Waycrest Manor as Horde

Alliance Story NPC: "It does not matter who they are! We need help!"
    Horde player: "Uh...umh....you know, actually our Warchief wants to skin you alive and then reanimate your skinless husk to do pleasure-dancing for her, while she turns this entire world into a rotting, undead shithole..."
    Alliance Story NPC: "Please help us, heroes!"
    Horde player: "OK, nevermind."

Or raiding:
    Uldir NPC: "Ghuun poses a threat to all of Azeroth! Including your kingdoms!"
    Alliance player: "You are aware that Ghuun would actually turn on the Horde first and since the Horde is actively commiting genocide on us AND forcing us into undead slavery, trying to destroy all life on this entire planet, there really is NOTHING worse Ghuun could ever do to us?"
    Uldir NPC: "Step forth, mortal heroes, and defend this world!"
    Alliance player: "Yeah, fuck you, too."

Blizzard was aware of that. That's why they chose to focus on content that was completely and totally void of any and all story as the "new endgame" stuff.

And it sucks.

The reason why so much content of BFA sucks is because of the deep faction split. When both factions play more or less the same narrative (and it makes sense for them) and the only difference is a little VO/text here and there, Blizzard can concentrate on actually making good content.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    ... to see all the recent interviews from blizzard and realising that they really thaught that the bfa features would be a good thing
    Uh, well, I wouldn't think they would make those things thinking they would be HORRIBLE.

*facepalm*

The saddest thing for me is the story and where its heading.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Bizarre, most people laugh at expeditions and warfronts - they are a fucking joke - interesting you like the gameplay and combat of the class, seeing as it's all been gutted down to retarded monkey mode.
    Why are they a joke? Because they're easy? Like I said not everything needs to be hard, or a great challenge. That's why people used to get decked out in raiding gear and go in PVP and make 1 shot pvp videos. It wasn't hard, it didn't take skill, you just had gear lol

Classes were never hard, I don't get why people stay living in that fantasy. Plus more was gutted in Legion then in BFA, BFA added more back essentially and for my class I got more things to play with then I had in Legion so *shrug*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlockjen View Post
    Uh, well, I wouldn't think they would make those things thinking they would be HORRIBLE.

*facepalm*
    Or, if you are a cynic such as myself, you could think that they made it bad because they just cba to improve it/were forced to ship it half baked by the high-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

combat gameplay feels like sheeet...it lacks impact...i can't quite put my finger on it...it's like you want to cry but you got a frog in your throat because it left you devastated.

Why are they a joke? Because they're easy? Like I said not everything needs to be hard, or a great challenge. That's why people used to get decked out in raiding gear and go in PVP and make 1 shot pvp videos. It wasn't hard, it didn't take skill, you just had gear lol

Classes were never hard, I don't get why people stay living in that fantasy. Plus more was gutted in Legion then in BFA, BFA added more back essentially and for my class I got more things to play with then I had in Legion so *shrug*
    Nothing to do with difficulty factor, the entire implementation is pathetic - however, it's clear to see that modern games are ten steps ahead of WoW with the technology they have to work with, WoW is just too old and all out of ideas on the current engine.

Well classes again weren't hard, you are a bit caught up in difficulty factors. There needs to be creativity, options, room for unique opportunity - even with the old talent trees of TBC, WOTLK etc there were always going to be cookie cutter builds, but that's fine. Some people want to have their own play style, a unique talent, passive etc. The entire game should be in the hands of the player with the ability to do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The saddest thing is that they're still thinking through "The team wants" instead of "The players want".
    Dude, look at the classic forums. The players can't agree on anything. Saying ANYTHING in the game is what even a sizable majority want is factually untrue.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they a joke? Because they're easy? Like I said not everything needs to be hard, or a great challenge.
    Because the gameplay itself isn't compelling or engaging in the slightest. Because it's endlessly frustrating to be limited in what you can actually do because your toolkit was thrown in the garbage, or "generously" handed back as mutually exclusive with other, formerly baseline bits.

If you want easy classes, that's fine, you could play, say, MoP-style classes easily. You just would be playing them poorly. Judging from the tone of your post, you probably don't do any content that poor performance would actually matter in.

Why should my class be a bore, and have all depth removed just to cater to you? You had the option of playing poorly before, the only difference now is the "ceiling" for good play is closer to where you are. You haven't moved, the rest of us have been forced down.

Plus more was gutted in Legion then in BFA, BFA added more back essentially and for my class I got more things to play with then I had in Legion so *shrug*
    Spoiler Alert: WoD, Legion and BfA classes are equally garbage.

Of course they thought they'd be a good thing. They think every new feature is going to be interesting and popular, it's why they add them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This has been the case since Classic. I just wish they had maintained more of the popular features from Legion. Keeping WQs, scaling, and continuing allied races were all good ideas. Losing the steady sense of progression we had with artifact weapons, the artifact abilities, the brawler's guild and mage towers were really heavy hits though.

It's hard to hate them for changing AP the way they did though, which was no doubt due to all the people complaining in legion about "THE INFINITE GRIIIIND!" because they were insane and thought they had to grind all the artifact traits on the first day, because they didn't understand how exponential growth worked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Nothing to do with difficulty factor, the entire implementation is pathetic - however, it's clear to see that modern games are ten steps ahead of WoW with the technology they have to work with, WoW is just too old and all out of ideas on the current engine.

Well classes again weren't hard, you are a bit caught up in difficulty factors. There needs to be creativity, options, room for unique opportunity - even with the old talent trees of TBC, WOTLK etc there were always going to be cookie cutter builds, but that's fine. Some people want to have their own play style, a unique talent, passive etc. The entire game should be in the hands of the player with the ability to do whatever they want.
    I don't understand what you mean by your top statement about technology? What are you getting at by that?

This is still possible, we just have less options of individuality. But we've been stuck with this talent tree for years now, it can't just be becoming a problem. But then when we change from this Talent tree to a different variation (if that ever happens) people will again complain about it, no matter the change because it is change and people generally don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Because the gameplay itself isn't compelling or engaging in the slightest. Because it's endlessly frustrating to be limited in what you can actually do because your toolkit was thrown in the garbage, or "generously" handed back as mutually exclusive with other, formerly baseline bits.

If you want easy classes, that's fine, you could play, say, MoP-style classes easily. You just would be playing them poorly. Judging from the tone of your post, you probably don't do any content that poor performance would actually matter in.

Why should my class be a bore, and have all depth removed just to cater to you? You had the option of playing poorly before, the only difference now is the "ceiling" for good play is closer to where you are. You haven't moved, the rest of us have been forced down.

Spoiler Alert: WoD, Legion and BfA classes are equally garbage.
    Ah I agree there with Expeditions, it isn't engaging.

So you feel, every class should have a tool for every situation? No niche, no differences? Because that's how that statement sounds.

But again, you're trying to say classes were hard or took some advanced knowledge to play. They were never hard mate, all classes have been easy to play always with a curve to master them and gear requirements. Doesn't make them hard. Pushing buttons in formulaic rotation that you figured out because of some guide on the internet isn't hard.Sorry. It just isn't.

Mechanics, sometimes hard. Classes...not so much.

Your following statements are irrelevant baiting at my play style and what I do or don't do which, we aren't talking about but you're wrong just to clarify. Stop trying to seem elitist mate, leave that for in game trash talking
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-02-13 at 09:12 PM.

For me, it's the first expansion I didn't buy/play. I played a little of BETA and just couldn;t do it anymore... WoD and Legion were such dogs to me (and only spend a few months in each of those) that I just wasn't willing to sign up for Legion 2.0.

For this reason, I will likely never buy another expansion... I have something like 23 toons to 110... and e thought of trying to grind them through BfA to get get to the next expansion... well it ain't happening.

So the saddest part of BfA.. is that it made Legion my last WoW expansion... ever. I'm looking forward to Classic, but for all practical purposes... my characters, whom I have invest so much time and love into... are dead. No future, no more adventures, nothing.

The finality of that just feels so sad. Still, I would rather see them dead and gone than to play one second more of Ion's garbage.

I hate to see good people suffer, but am glad Blizzard lost half their stock value. 800 layoffs later.. and Ion is still in charge. I hope it's part of phase two and he and his Elitist Jerks are given the boot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they listened to their community and this is what they got. The community whined incessantly about having to farm artifact power so they made the azerite gear's strongest traits be the ones you get first. This killed any motivation to grind it.

They killed off RNG legendaries and this killed off desire to run world quests / old difficulties.

Titanforging is fine. Us Mythic raiders had a legitimate problem with it early on in Legion, adjustments were made, etc. It's fine. It was always fine for everyone other than those of us that raid Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The finality of that just feels so sad. Still, I would rather see them dead and gone than to play one second more of Ion's garbage.

I hate to see good people suffer, but am glad Blizzard lost half their stock value. 800 layoffs later.. and Ion is still in charge. I hope it's part of phase two and he and his Elitist Jerks are given the boot.
    You are aware he's the first lead dev that they've had that actually seems to care about the game overall and not just one small section of the playerbase right? Legion was the first time in the history of WoW where there was a satisfying endgame for everyone.

You also realize that the drop in stock value wasn't that significant when compared with the rest of the gaming market right? Yes, there was a drop, but the entire thing wasn't just Blizzard. The market is down for ALL publishers.

By all means, criticize the things you don't like, and criticize the things you do like in order to make them better, but at least be realistic about it.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2019-02-13 at 09:27 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest