Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Druids, pushing 40 buttons without looking

World of Warcraft Druids have the most abilities and spells of any game character of all time. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I love the challenge of pushing up to 40 buttons with my left hand without looking, and steering easily with my right. Compared to the first game boy I had, with 2 buttons. No other platform or game has such a massive freedom of choice. Nothing else in the world comes close to being as badass as pushing 40 different fucking buttons that make something happen. Oh, and I just dumped my fury warrior because I was constantly spamming the same 3 buttons for hours.

If you can't handle 40 keybinds then just start with the essentials and add more when you get comfortable. Also you just said you rerolled so you can't really expect to have good muscle memory for 40 new spells.

Goodluck friend.
    Hi Sephurik

While we do have a lot of spells, we don't have them all at once. So saying 40 buttons is a bit misleading.

You could probably get everything you use regularly on half that many, possibly less.

I think there are probably ~15 spells that I use consistently

Yeah, despite spell pruning over the years we have a ton when you factor every shape shift form and affinity talents to choose from.
    Even a lazy sack of shit resto druid using Guardian affinity like myself, it can be a lot more than you're used to; especially as a mere Warrior
    ~RIP Stance Dancing

Get a 12 button mouse. There's 12 keybinds.

Give them all shift and ctrl modifiers. There's 24 more keybinds.

Shift W+Q+E+R+F+D+S+A+Z+X+C
    Ctrl W+Q+E+R+F+D+S+A+Z+X+C
    Shift wheel up/down.
    Alt wheel up/down.

And you're done :>

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Get a 12 button mouse. There's 12 keybinds.

Give them all shift and ctrl modifiers. There's 24 more keybinds.

Shift W+Q+E+R+F+D+S+A+Z+X+C
    Ctrl W+Q+E+R+F+D+S+A+Z+X+C
    Shift wheel up/down.
    Alt wheel up/down.

And you're done :>
    But..then how do you move D:

Quote Originally Posted by Consiliem View Post
    You dont need to by simply having those keybinds everything within 30yards instant dies and teleports you to the corpse to loot it rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Consiliem View Post
    You can still move with WASD!

I use right click and W to move. For example Shift+W is bound to Rejuvenation.

q and e are bound to abilities as well, I strafe with the mouse.

Making macros to bind spells together goes a long way. For example, I tend to combine a harmful spell and a helpful spell together in a macro, and with the right conditions one bind can be used for two spells without needing Shift/Alt/Ctrl as a modifier. You can get fancy with certain macros to have 3 or more spells, such as (for moonkin) making a macro that will cast Solar Beam, Innervate, or b-rez depending upon what I'm mousing over and what conditions are met. Above 3 abilities, you'll likely need to start using modifiers. Even then, my bars are filled like crazy with abilities and other macros I use for certain things I use with frequency. I tend to have to use a lot more abilities in PvP than PvE, but the difference is mostly because PvP talents tend to add active-use abilities.

And here's the dirty little secret: you don't need to bind everything to a button or key. Not all actions require fractions of a second reaction times, and just clicking a button for an ability that you don't use often and doesn't require fast reaction time is perfectly fine.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Well if you are Guardian or Feral you are not using a hell of a lot of buttons lmao.

I can't understand what the point of this thread is.

- Do you actually enjoy having many abilities? If so, what's there to talk about?

- Is the thread ironic, meaning that you don't enjoy having many abilities? Then why don't you try any other class/spec? Or why don't you practise until you become good and actually enjoy the complexity. A typical piano has about 88 keys, but you don't see people complain about that. They practise and learn to use them and have much more fun in total than if they had 10 keys, right?

I don't understand, weird thread. I rate 2/10 just for the time you gave to type it.

i don't recall a lot of buttons in any druid spec recently, i guess there are a bunch you can use if you wanted to fluff a rotation but as a rule blizzard have dumbed down every spec even the droods.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    i don't recall a lot of buttons in any druid spec recently, i guess there are a bunch you can use if you wanted to fluff a rotation but as a rule blizzard have dumbed down every spec even the droods.
    Not for Balance, they haven't. Depending on build, i actually need more buttons now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not for Balance, they haven't. Depending on build, i actually need more buttons now.
    Yup. Just doing a quick count-up of core abilities I count 31 keybinds over 35 abilities. And all of these are used all the time in PVE content.

Moonkin, Bear, Cat, Travel, Moonfire, Sunfire, Stellar Flare, Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike, Warrior Of Elune/Treants, Starsurge, Starfall, Fury of Elune/Moons, Celestial Alignment/Incarn, Typhoon/Mass Entangle, Entangling Roots, Wild Charge, Dash, Soothe, Rebirth, Revive, Innervate, Solar Beam, Dispel, Barkskin, Swift Mend/Frenzied Regen, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Potion, Healthstone, Trinket

Then less core binds like hibernate and drums. Then your racials on top of that. There's probably even more for PVP which I don't engage in.
    Last edited by nlc; 2019-02-14 at 10:22 PM.

I would love to see some people's keybindings. My main 'issue' I have is that I would like to macro arena targets. For example a macro to cyclone arena target 1,2 and 3.

But I just run out of keybindings. I have them right now for:

- All the healing spells
    - Shifting forms
    - Damaging spells / utilities
    - Mounts
    - Healthstone

I'm probably forgetting a couple. I guess I could make some profile for PvE and PvP, to swap between them when I need to. But ideally I would just use more keybindings. Maybe I am overlooking a couple of very useful bindings now, or I should look into profiles / a gaming mouse.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Got a wonderful macro for druid healers amd any other healer mind you

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm:exists] Solar Wrath: Reguvenation

The damaging ability can be replaced by sun or moonfire and reguv by any healing spell
    This helps reduce clutter on your bars

Basically what it does is shows then healing spell normall and is castable on friendly targets and when you target enemies it swaps to the damaging ability for.the same keybind.

Helps me keep up the damage in M+

Quote Originally Posted by CarloSmitHolm View Post
    World of Warcraft Druids have the most abilities and spells of any game character of all time. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I love the challenge of pushing up to 40 buttons with my left hand without looking, and steering easily with my right. Compared to the first game boy I had, with 2 buttons. No other platform or game has such a massive freedom of choice. Nothing else in the world comes close to being as badass as pushing 40 different fucking buttons that make something happen. Oh, and I just dumped my fury warrior because I was constantly spamming the same 3 buttons for hours.
    Only 40? I think you're missing something. As a Rogue I have 60 binds and often want more (for Arena mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Only 40? I think you're missing something. As a Rogue I have 60 binds and often want more (for Arena mostly).
    Only 60? You must be pretty low ranked then, I have 87 key binds, and I am just you're average Joe in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Only 60? You must be pretty low ranked then, I have 87 key binds, and I am just you're average Joe in arena.
    Precisely why I want more. I just cba to re-learn binds again, I know I need to change them.