Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Where do we get this stupid idea ?
    I dunno, maybe from the cinematic where you can clearly SEE the cannons appearing from nothing then firing Arcane energy toward the wall ?

https://youtu.be/ci4-cR5IBXc?t=64
    I've watched this a few times and I can't decide if she makes them appear or if they're just enchanted and otherwise already present. They seem to be firing Arcane salvos either way, though; so she seems to be doing more than just manipulating them if they're not conjurations altogether. It's six of one and a half-dozen of the other, to be honest. Impressive bit of magic either way.

At 1:06 - 1:07 they do appear to half not be there - and they also appear to be translucent, so I'm kind of leaning toward the notion that they're conjured and not just manipulated.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-01-31 at 06:04 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've watched this a few times and I can't decide if she makes them appear or if they're just enchanted and otherwise already present.
    That's really fast but we can see them appearing. Plus, they seem to bit slightly transparent and we can't see the "physical" cannons when they shoot

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I don’t know if he is able to do it again. And if he counts as leader, since he is not leading a faction which is allied with only the horde or alliance.

But Darion was able to destroy a whole scourge army on his own. It’s probably unlikely for him to do it again, but he is the only leader who actually did defeat a army on his own.
    I don't own the final comic of Ashbringer, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Darian suicide Light bomb an army of undead?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Most Alliance leaders I reckon.

Anduin
    Tyrande
    Malfurion
    Mekkatorque
    Jaina

The Alliance is filled with raid boss level 'heroes', yet whenever they actually become raid bosses they manage to survive while Horde ones die.
    Not our fault the horde ones either go insane or just kill each other, or just get one shotted by a lowly demon.

On a serious note. Wasn't there an incredible artifact of power that the leader of the grimtotems had?
    Thalyssra?
    Thrall at one point was basically a demi god
    Tyrion back when he was alive.
    We STILL haven't really seen Velen's potential
    I bet Turalyon could still throw down
    Alleria has a huge upside
    Last edited by Highelf; 2019-01-31 at 06:45 AM.

Alleria Windrunner, the first mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers. This is all speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had the ability to create large explosions of Void energy or tear open massive rifts that can send entire armies to the Void. She consumed the darkened heart of a dying demi-god. Certainly that must count to something?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Where do people get the idea that Jaina created the cannons from?
    From the cinematic, they aren't there while she's opening the windows. She "created" them.

Illidan. Doesn't he take the place of Sargeras as "God of Destruction" or whatever? I thought that's why he went with the Pantheon at the end of Antorus. Illidan, besides the Lich King was easily the most powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    With enough distance and preparation:

Jaina, maybe also Tyrande with her new power ups.

Also:

Thrall before nerf :P

With enough preparations:

Mechatorque

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Illidan. Doesn't he take the place of Sargeras as "God of Destruction" or whatever? I thought that's why he went with the Pantheon at the end of Antorus. Illidan, besides the Lich King was easily the most powerful.
    Nope, he was just becoming Maiev (the jailer).

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've watched this a few times and I can't decide if she makes them appear or if they're just enchanted and otherwise already present. They seem to be firing Arcane salvos either way, though; so she seems to be doing more than just manipulating them if they're not conjurations altogether. It's six of one and a half-dozen of the other, to be honest. Impressive bit of magic either way.

At 1:06 - 1:07 they do appear to half not be there - and they also appear to be translucent, so I'm kind of leaning toward the notion that they're conjured and not just manipulated.
    It's fast, but if you go through frame-by-frame it's clearly visible that they aren't present when the hatches open up.

I mean Jaina kind of is doing that right now. RIP Method.

Rastakhan also stood against an Alliance force, but 1) he was backed up and empowered by a powerful death loa and 2) he got killed.

Gallywix's mech is shown to obliterate a mechanical army. But that was using an absolute shit ton of Azerite and only worked once, with the contraption otherwise being shoddy and outclassed by Mekkatorque's rig in every way.

Tyrande froze an entire Forsaken camp, but then got taken down to 60% HP by a buffed Nathanos and the PC who doesn't stand a ghost of a chance even against low-power leaders 1v1. So who knows how powerful she's really supposed to be.

If she can raise enough dead during prep time, Sylvanas can probably solo a decently sized force as well. And that's before her seemingly inevitable Void buff.

Of course, we have to be careful with our definition of "army". I mostly mean a unit of a few hundreds at the very most. I see no way even Malfurion could take on thousands of troops working together at once with special units such as skirmishers, cavalry, siege engines, etc. unless they literally walk into a storm willingly.

Sylvannas can pretty much solo all the alliance small bois and turn them into her personal incubi

Wow this mobile experience is atrocious, how did this even pass a dev build into production? I'm at a loss for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Tyrande froze an entire Forsaken camp, but then got taken down to 60% HP by a buffed Nathanos and the PC who doesn't stand a ghost of a chance even against low-power leaders 1v1. So who knows how powerful she's really supposed to be.
    Who in turn almost got killed and had to run with his tail between his legs after loosing one of his buffing Val'kyr.

Also, don't confuse gameplay power with lore power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol what's the price Jaina pays for her powers?
    Don't misconstrue my explaination. It was specific to the post I quoted and you know it.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Don't misconstrue my explaination. It was specific to the post I quoted and you know it.
    What my pointis that there isn't really a downside or restraint to her power. She can just wield it anywhere and go "magic! Poof". For example, There was a witch anime where she could only use her magic powers against the German Nazi army where there is a sort of "ley line" underground. Mages in WoW should have to keep that sort of stuff in mind. There is no consequence or requirement for her power. It's just lazy writing. Shamans need to commune to elements, Druids need approval of nature, warlocks have to bargain their soul sort of, demon hunters have to have a demon tearing away at their essence, DKs must kill to stay sane, Paladins must spend hours praying/dedicating, etc. that type of thing. In Lore it's been shown ley lines for teleportation/portals are important but apparently Jaina doesn't need to worry about that stuff because human potential.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-02-08 at 10:04 PM.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Its been said but Tyrande -has- a few times now. Malfurion likely can as well. Jaina is a strong likelyhood, and Thrall has taken on while not quite an army a few ships full of SI:7 agents so I would say he is just as strong of a likelyhood. Aside from those its purely a guessing game. I would -think- Alleria has a chance with some whammy void powers but aside from that small handful there arent many characters who can go on against literal armies. We are mostly surrounded by Heroes, got a big bad yes they hold a chance, swarms and units not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fairfang View Post
    I read somewhere in the forums that Malfurion covered Azeroth in a storm, which means his supposed to be a one-man-army right?
    Are there any characters who can one shot army themselves? People also say Sylvanas' banshee scream in the BFA trailer killed hundreds of soldiers. (btw "Wtf?")
    He summoned a hurricane over a battlefield.

However hes been super nerfed since then probably cause Knaak over did it with him as he sometimes does. In Cata he gets punked by a random flame druid and had to be saved.

In Legion he is beat by just the shade of Xavus and had to be saved.

BFA he runs from Sylvanas all over Darkshore instead of fighting her head on before Saurfang takes him down...... and he has to be saved.

Noticing a pattern here actually.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    He summoned a hurricane over a battlefield.

However hes been super nerfed since then probably cause Knaak over did it with him as he sometimes does. In Cata he gets punked by a random flame druid and had to be saved.

In Legion he is beat by just the shade of Xavus and had to be saved.

BFA he runs from Sylvanas all over Darkshore instead of fighting her head on before Saurfang takes him down...... and he has to be saved.

Noticing a pattern here actually.
    He was owning Sylvanas though before Saurfang cheap shotted him. Her health was pretty low.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What my pointis that there isn't really a downside or restraint to her power. She can just wield it anywhere and go "magic! Poof". For example, There was a witch anime where she could only use her magic powers against the German Nazi army where there is a sort of "ley line" underground. Mages in WoW should have to keep that sort of stuff in mind. There is no consequence or requirement for her power. It's just lazy writing. Shamans need to commune to elements, Druids need approval of nature, warlocks have to bargain their soul sort of, demon hunters have to have a demon tearing away at their essence, DKs must kill to stay sane, Paladins must spend hours praying/dedicating, etc. that type of thing. In Lore it's been shown ley lines for teleportation/portals are important but apparently Jaina doesn't need to worry about that stuff because human potential.
    No, Jaina doesn't have to worry because she studied her ass off for decades. That's how mages/wizards work. They sacrifice large portions of their life to attaining the knowledge of magic, and then practice it until they attain mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by fairfang View Post
    I read somewhere in the forums that Malfurion covered Azeroth in a storm, which means his supposed to be a one-man-army right?
    Are there any characters who can one shot army themselves? People also say Sylvanas' banshee scream in the BFA trailer killed hundreds of soldiers. (btw "Wtf?")
    During the War of the Ancients, Malfurion and a number of other Druids spent days casting a spell that resulted in this "storm" during which tons and tons of Night Elves and Dragons died, and then they finished the spell and killed a bunch more Night Elves and Dragons. Hardly a one man army scenario.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    During the War of the Ancients, Malfurion and a number of other Druids spent days casting a spell that resulted in this "storm" during which tons and tons of Night Elves and Dragons died, and then they finished the spell and killed a bunch more Night Elves and Dragons. Hardly a one man army scenario.
    Also they slaughtered tens of thousands of demons. Can't forget that.