Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Isn't it possible to do these raid tests with in internal team? Playing new raids on PTR are always a huge advantage for the raiding players and make the progress easier on live servers.
    Its only an disadvantage if they cant participate. Anyone can download and login to the PTR.

Nobody gives a fuck about your "tweets". How can a grown man be taken seriously when he's talking about how he's "trending" on "twitter". Fuck all CMs, corrupt useless son of bitches paid to do nothing. Go post in the I like pie thread whilst 50 actually usefull threads requires acknowledgment and feedback.

Go get a real job you fucking parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck about your "tweets". How can a grown man be taken seriously when he's talking about how he's "trending" on "twitter". Fuck all CMs, corrupt useless son of bitches paid to do nothing. Go post in the I like pie thread whilst 50 actually usefull threads requires acknowledgment and feedback.

Chill, and please, you forgot to take the pill today.

10+ Year Old Account

I bet this guy flips burgers.

Try working in the gamedev industry for a few years. Good luck paying the bills without self-promotion.

Nobody gives a fuck about your "tweets". How can a grown man be taken seriously when he's talking about how he's "trending" on "twitter". Fuck all CMs, corrupt useless son of bitches paid to do nothing. Go post in the I like pie thread whilst 50 actually useful threads requires acknowledgment and feedback.

Who's the parasite? "Someone has a different opinion than mine" *throws temper tantrum* time to go outside and get some fresh air bro. Yikes.
    Personally i agree with him. Most devs are super passionate about the game(s) they work on. Its basically their kid in a sense. It's also hard to convey that through text, especially if the person reading it is already angry/frustrated/trolling and not likely to agree no matter what is said to begin with. ^^
    I bet most people who have been to blizzcon, e3, pax etc and talked/interviewed a dev in the past know exactly what im talking about. If you listened to him on twitch last night with any attitude other than the "I hate blizzard, i don't care what anyone says" attitude, obviously that passion extends to CM's as well.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2019-02-14 at 04:00 PM.

Hilarious. He was laid off. What exactly did he do for the company? What was his job again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You need therapy, stat! How can you seriously wish for people to die for firing someone? You're not well, seek help, please.
    How can you justify them firing people for doing an excellent job and then "Oh you're not useful for our company even though you clearly were" and drop them? 3 guesses you're a baby boomer? Or do you just not give a fuck about people unless they're the rich fat cats dangling scraps for the rest of us?

I wish it because they have ruined the company that many of us enjoyed and loved over the years; tarnished it with their terrible decisions and drove it to the ground. You had Blizzard Employees crying in the parking lots because they were not sure who was even going to lose their job. I've seen enough instances of this, they trim the fat on the lower end so that the CEOs can still increase their pay or give it to their shareholders who don't give a fuck about the lives of anyone else unless it's their bank.

You're not well, you seek help.

Btw, here's a thread you might also want to sympathize with: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post50851207

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    People at Blizzard wasn't "responsible" for it. This was all Activision. They want more money, so they fired the non-essential people from Blizzard. People don't get it. Blizzard retains "creative control" over their games. But anything that's a money grab is all Activision wanting to see more profits. They tell Blizzard to make more money, now we see a new shop mount every month, among other things.
    Lemme rephrase and say Activision-Blizzard then, but the Blizzard CEOs had to have approved it. Compliance is the same as pulling the trigger, even if they want to say "But Fuhrer Activision told us to do it!"
    Last edited by Mrbleedinggums; 2019-02-14 at 04:04 PM.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Isn't it possible to do these raid tests with in internal team? Playing new raids on PTR are always a huge advantage for the raiding players and make the progress easier on live servers.
    Nice quote fail! Not the quote I clicked on...

The employment is usually at will. Keep that in mind, you were lucky to have had the job.

Now, who moved my cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Hilarious. He was laid off. What exactly did he do for the company? What was his job again?
    Community manager, basically next step after intern and a good stepping stone into the company with no pior...

oh wait this is MMOC...he was a CM which means he was the replacement for Chris Metzen when they didn't work CEO..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    How can you justify them firing people for doing an excellent job and then "Oh you're not useful for our company even though you clearly were" and drop them? 3 guesses you're a baby boomer? Or do you just not give a fuck about people unless they're the rich fat cats dangling scraps for the rest of us?

I wish it because they have ruined the company that many of us enjoyed and loved over the years; tarnished it with their terrible decisions and drove it to the ground. You had Blizzard Employees crying in the parking lots because they were not sure who was even going to lose their job. I've seen enough instances of this, they trim the fat on the lower end so that the CEOs can still increase their pay or give it to their shareholders who don't give a fuck about the lives of anyone else unless it's their bank.

Btw, here's a thread you might also want to sympathize with: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...7#post50851207

- - - Updated - - -

Lemme rephrase and say Activision-Blizzard then, but the Blizzard CEOs had to have approved it. Compliance is the same as pulling the trigger, even if they want to say "But Fuhrer Activision told us to do it!"
    You're at the point where you are wishing that people die horribly over this. WoW is just a game and Blizzard is just a company, not your life. (and if you do consider it to be your entire life, then yes, Please seek help as that level of obsession is not healthy) What they did is pretty shitty, yes, (especially due to the timing) but not something to wish the deaths of people over.

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    they (Blizzard) just used the Chance to get rid of useless People, look at all the twitter dramaz, not a single Person with a Background in Engineering or Software Development was fired, no Art- People either. Only People whos Job was "e-sport-community-building" or some other pr-bullshit-millenial twitter-jobs. actualy blizz is hiring Coders now. so this whole thing could be for the better. Boby Kotick you absolute madman, well played.

for reference:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph...ssacre.126153/
    Not all of these jobs might have been useful. But thinking that the only useful people are the ones working in engineering or software development is so hilariously dumb. You've got no clue of how the real world operates.

Might as well have deleted Neurotoxin completely with these changes lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Can anyone say "sinking ship"?
    It doesn’t even make sense in this case, they hired more devs and cut the community staff. The ship isn’t sinking it’s just not talking to you any more.

If you are a publically traded company, there is only so many things you can refuse without being eventually just replaced, especially if its about saving money - in fact you have a responsibility to the share holders to make them as much money as you can. The CEO only runs the company as long as the share holders are happy.

Didn't the early Romans used to decimate their armies to make the remaining members more obedient? Really feels like this 8% reduction was meant to do the same thing, and given their specialty in psychological tricks I wouldn't put it past Activision.

From my understanding the WoW team didn't really "have a say" in what was happening. Please don't hold it against them. There's good people on that team that I'll remain friends with forever no matter what happens.
    Not surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard for people to take you seriously because of all the shitty toxicity behind this post... try chilling the fuck out next time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what he said on stream with Esfand he would communicate with the dev team about issues and they would look into/fix them.

- - - Updated - - -

You do not see there is a very, very large gap between wishing death on people for firing someone and agreeing to it? I don’t know whether it was justified and neither do you, but I do know that it’s psychotic to wish death upon someone over this. If you really feel like this, and aren’t just being an edgy teen, you really need help. And I am serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. He answered forum posts, basically a job that almost anyone could do. He probably make like $50k and was very entry level. I seriously couldn't care less about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varithimas View Post
    From what he said on stream with Esfand he would communicate with the dev team about issues and they would look into/fix them.
    Yes, that's what community managers do. Literally almost anyone could do this job.

Smile

Will miss you, Ythisens. It was good to read your post here on MMO-Champion. So sorry that you and so many others lost your jobs. Breaks my heart. Hang in there, something great will come your way, I just know it!

((hugs)) to you and those who are still reeling from the layoffs. <3

Edit: I made the mistake of reading some of the more ignorant, shockingly-heartless comments... /sigh and /ignore
    Last edited by Ranger007; 2019-02-14 at 08:02 PM.