Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Like seriously. I don't think this expansion is great by any means, but anyone whom thinks sitting in a garrison doing literally nothing is better content, and that the selfie cam is a superior patch to a fucking raid is trolling, lying, or the dumbest human being that's ever drawn breath.
    Maybe some people preferred how certain classes/specs played mechanically? There's more to WoW than "content".

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Cata had the entire world revamped, which was nice for leveling alts, but the higher end content wasn't really that great.
    Jesus Christ what a boring and, if I had to make a wild guess, bad faith opinion. Cataclysm had some of the best raids in the game and heroic dungeon content that felt (for at least a little while) actually challenging.

People mindlessly bitched about Cata for two different reasons. First was when the expansion launched and the harder difficulty in dungeons made a silent majority of people go absolutely apeshit ballistic. The game went from heroics that were faceroll easy (WotLK) to heroics that were demanding actual knowledge of specific trash mobs and how to pull and doing high numbers, and that was very jarring for millions of players who picked the game up during WotLK.

This put an initial bad taste in the sheeple's collective mouth, and it didn't help that subs took a bit of a dip because of it. With RIFT and SWOTR coming out and being hyped as the definitive WoW killers and WoW losing subs, the popular braindead opinion was "yup, WoW is dead".

Then everything was okay for a bit. Some people bitched when the Abyssal Maw or whatever was scrapped, but that was minor. Dragon Soul came out and with it came rekindled whining that the game was dying because the final raid tier was using a bunch of recycled models/areas of the game. It was pretty shallow complaints, but it meant that Cataclysm started and finished in a spur of bitching and moaning, which left the expansion's overall reputation tarnished.

It was a pretty great expansion overall. Easily my favorite due to how much control you had over your grinding. Reputation was gained via tabards, so it gave me something to grind entirely on my own time with no gating. Dungeon tokens were '7 a week' instead of '1 a day', which meant you could pick and choose when to do your dungeons instead of being locked into logging on every day for World of Dailies or else you fell behind.

People who blindly bitch about Cataclysm, I find, often times either didn't play much during it, or- even more amusing than that- started playing the game in MoP or some shit.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2019-02-15 at 08:20 AM.

Cata was bad enough to get me to quit. It had way too little max level content worth doing, and the execution of the old world revamp was absolutely horrendous - looking at you, heirlooms, XP requirement cuts and BG levelling coming out for an expansion (yes, I know they all came out in WotLK, technically, but it was the end of WotLK, when Cata was already mostly shaped out) where levelling content was what half of the resources was pumped into. The theme was also terrible for me, just fire, spikes and dragons everywhere. I hated Burning Steppes with a passion, and Cata was Burning Steppes on a scale of a whole xpac, with the exception of Vashj'ir, which sucked for different reasons. This is all combined with the fact that my 2 beloved classes, that is shaman and warrior, were completely shafted, at least in the first tier. I didn't last until the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Maybe some people preferred how certain classes/specs played mechanically? There's more to WoW than "content".
    It doesn't matter if the classes are god tier (which they weren't and weren't close to) when there is almost literally no content to use it on.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Cata -> WoD -> BfA, but I enjoy all three expansions so, hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    It literally doesn't matter if the classes are god tier (which they weren't and weren't close to) when there is almost literally no content to use it on.
    You're wrong.

Firstly, high end end-game raiding was/will always be my main reason for playing this game. Secondly, Mages in WoD were actually incredibly enjoyable with the prismatic crystal mechanic. Combustion was also rewarding to use (you know, before blizzard made everything dull and lowered the skill ceiling in legion and beyond). One of the reasons I enjoyed MoP so much was because warlocks (which was my original main dating back from TBC) had kiljaeden's cunning and snap-shotting dots was still a thing.

The simple fact you think content should supersede and take precedence over class mechanics is an exercise in arrogance and ignorance. And you call people that enjoy/liked WoD "the dumbest human being that's ever drawn breath". Go look in the mirror.

At the end of the day WoD still had good raids too.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2019-02-15 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typos pepega

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    People saying WoD was good or better just shows the power of rose tinted goggles.
    BFA is only in its first major patch, so judging it to entire expansions is kinda bullshit... but whatever

Wod<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BFA<Cata
    but BFA with 8.2 has the potential to kick up past cata quick, with 8.3 and stuff posslbe to make it even higher
    Because you enjoy something that is old, it must be because of nostalgia? What ignorance! I prefer WoD as the raids were more engaging and I could raid log. I can’t do that with BFA and still be ahead. I would still be playing BFA if the raids were good enough to warrant me doing horrible M+. Pushed 1500 R.IO last season, I am not doing it again.

Like seriously. I don't think this expansion is great by any means, but anyone whom thinks sitting in a garrison doing literally nothing is better content, and that the selfie cam is a superior patch to a fucking raid is trolling, lying, or the dumbest human being that's ever drawn breath.
    Read my comment above. I could be wrong on this, as I am not long up and still half sleeping, but I am 99% sure you are using “whom” incorrectly.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2019-02-15 at 09:06 AM.

You're wrong.

Firstly, high end end-game raiding was/will always be my main reason for playing this game. Secondly, Mages in WoD were actually incredibly enjoyable with the prismatic crystal mechanic. Combustion was also rewarding to use (you know, before blizzard maid everything dull and lowered the skill ceiling in legion and beyond). One of the reasons I enjoyed MoP so much was because warlocks (which was my original main dating back from TBC) had kiljaeden's cunning and snap-shotting dots was still a thing.

The simple fact you think content should supersede and take precedence over class mechanics is an exercise in arrogance and ignorance. And you call people that dislike cata "the dumbest human being that's ever drawn breath". Go look in the mirror.
    Coming from someone who lacks the ability read my post, thats hilarity in its finest. Find where I mentioned cata, and then when you fail that, get your eyes checked.

And btw. Content matters FAR more than anything else, because guess what this game is catered to? The casuals. The same casuals that WoD sliced 5 million off for being the shittiest expansion that's ever been because there was no content.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from someone who lacks the ability read my post, thats hilarity in its finest. Find where I mentioned cata, and then when you fail that, get your eyes checked.
    It's very clear I meant WoD. Appears you've never been sleep deprived from an all night study session in your life, eh? Check the edit and stop being an pompous little prat. Now take the L.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is difficult because I dislike the expansions for different reasons.

I don't like WoD because of little end game content, linear questing, mount reskin madness, completely empty world because no reason to leave garrisons, the theme and music. Not to mention the boring legendary ring quest that has nothing on MoP's beautiful capes.

Cata had Uldum which was made a joke zone, questing in the new world was super linear which ruined alt replayability, Firelands was the only interesting raid, meh theme and visuals, some good music but rest is noisy and repeating.

BfA has horrible class gameplay, only 3 zones per faction, story I just can't invest myself in, GCD, no class tier sets to collect, uninteresting artifact necklace which has no function other than a number.

So I guess:
    1. WoD/BfA
    2. Cata

But BfA trumps WoD in art, music and overall theme(not the faction conflict) which is important for me, but at this point not enough to keep me playing.

1.WotLK
    2.MoP
    3.Cata

After that they cut smaller group highest difficulty raiding away.

1. WoD
    2. BFA
    3. Cata

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk >BC > Mop

Woltk was the worst thing to ever happen
    Reading OP post is even 'worser' it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Because you enjoy something that is old, it must be because of nostalgia? What ignorance! I prefer WoD as the raids were more engaging and I could raid log. I can’t do that with BFA and still be ahead. I would still be playing BFA if the raids were good enough to warrant me doing horrible M+. Pushed 1500 R.IO last season, I am not doing it again.

Read my comment above. I could be wrong on this, as I am not long up and still half sleeping, but I am 99% sure you are using “whom” incorrectly.
    LOL! Oh man that's rich.

LOL! Oh man that's rich.
    What is? As a student, I am sure if you got something wrong your teacher wouldn’t say that...

Also:

It's very clear I meant WoD. Appears you've never been sleep deprived from an all night study session in your life, eh? Check the edit and stop being an pompous little prat. Now take the L.
    LOL! Oh man that's rich.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2019-02-15 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is? As a student, I am sure if you got something wrong your teacher wouldn’t say that...
    It's rich because he was criticizing me for something despite English not being my native language (it's one of four I speak/write). I'll even assume he's American which is all the more troubling.

It's rich because he was criticizing me for something despite English not being my native language (it's one of four I speak/write). I'll even assume he's American which is all the more troubling.
    But I am wrong.... he was right

For me it was

WotLK>Classic>BC=Legion>MoP>Cata>WoD
    Can't rate an expansion that's not finished yet, but if it stays like it is, I would say somewhere between Legion and MoP. Especially the whole forced faction pride is just plain stupid imho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also forget to mention BfA got RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG which I absolutely loathe.

Probably. Difference is I didn't criticize him for spelling or using grammar incorrectly. I criticized him for quoting me incorrectly and saying I said something anyone with a quarter of a sheeps brain could see I never said. There's a massive difference. I also didn't backtrack and lie and /or make up excuses when I was corrected either, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I am wrong.... he was right
    Are you positive about that? The kid doesn't seem like the brightest bulb.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably. Difference is I didn't criticize him for spelling or using grammar incorrectly. I criticized him for quoting me incorrectly and saying I said something anyone with a quarter of a sheeps brain could see I never said. There's a massive difference. I also didn't backtrack and lie and /or make up excuses when I was corrected either, so there's that.
    You're still being deliberately obtuse and ignoring what I stated so congratz.

Also, stay up for 24hrs without caffeine and even the most simple tasks become difficult. It's been compared to being slightly drunk. I wouldn't expect you to know that. Keep insulting me though big man, it just screams insecurity.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2019-02-15 at 09:37 AM.