Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    lol, ive just been silenced in reddit.
    I posted the information i got from the earning reports with proof and images and explanations and i got this:

Everyone was agreeing...until it got removed
    But the moderator is right - the topic has been frequently reposted recently. While discussion of Blizzard's financials is far from irrelevant to World of Warcraft, it is not unreasonable to try and make avoid repeated topics about what is essentially a tangential subject to the primary focus of the subreddit. Especially when the discussion ceases to focus on how the situation will impact World of Warcraft but becomes focused on more general corporate matters or even politics.

I am not saying your point is wrong or deserves to be silenced, but all things considered, it is not particularly harsh that your topic was moderated. You can raise the point in one of the existing discussions or on another subreddit, perhaps one about gaming or the games industry in general. I think it's a very interesting discussion, but it isn't really fit to take center stage on a WoW forum.

I am one of many players disappointed by BfA, but even so I try to respect that this forum (and the subreddit) is primarily for those who actually play the game, or at the very least want to have a constructive discussion about the state of the game.

lol, ive just been silenced in reddit.
    I posted the information i got from the earning reports with proof and images and explanations and i got this:

Everyone was agreeing...until it got removed
    You can read right?
    You made post number 2349856294637894 about it. post your shit in the appropriate thread rather then making a new one.
    You were not 'silenced'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

@Ungeir @Gorsameth

No, just no.
    A google search shows no results for the topic at hand.
    The moderator saw something bad about Blizzard and decided to close it.

Show me someone saying:
    "Blizzard made less 27 million dollars in 2018 compared to 2017"

Show me something...anything saying that.
    No one is saying it.
    And im obsessed in finding out of is true or not. I probably have some kind of obsessive disease or something.

Im going insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    There's also a very poignant proof that what they are doing is "normal" and expected: the markets have reacted positively. I was listening to analysts this morning commenting in business media on ATVI and they were tentatively positive on the report and course of action. They were mostly focused on ATVI managing to release multiple major hits in 2020, and saw the layoffs and restructuring as a very minor and expected response to the 2019 outlook. Not even something to be considered a strategy shift, crisis or strong response. Just business as usual.
    I posted elsewhere that as of this morning 87% of ATVI's stock is held by institutional investors, pension funds, etc. They are not focused on games specifically; just whether or not ATVI will be a good return on investment.

ATVI had a good story for 2018 and answered a lot of institutional questions about 2019 one way or another. The Q&A transcript on the call was interesting as much for who asked the questions as to what questions they asked. It's not surprising that knowing that ATVI has a plan for 2019 and lowered expectations properly that bargain hunters are pushing the stock back up again.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=532228]
    Im going insane.
    Then let it go. Move on to something else.

I have to disagree with you about reddit. There were plenty of threads about the business results. No, they weren't exactly the same as yours but discussion of earnings results is discussion of earnings results and there were threads about that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you have no clue how world operates.

15 mln is not that much for competent people with this unique set of skills .

you are writing this from a position of jealousy that others have unique skills which are worth that much.
    Wow, you are tough. Maybe we need to arm wrestle? LOL, what a joke kid. Enjoy talking and being heard.. but.. never listened too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Wow, you are tough. Maybe we need to arm wrestle? LOL, what a joke kid. Enjoy talking and being heard.. but.. never listened too.
    He's spot on, what are you so triggered about? Good CFO will re-earn that money for the company and more, this is a critical position.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Because everybody quit already. The only ones left are salty fanboys like you who still play solo rpg in their solo shards.
    Again, show us the numbers to prove your assertion. IF you are going to make the claim as fact, prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He's spot on, what are you so triggered about? Good CFO will re-earn that money for the company and more, this is a critical position.
    I guess I judge people by not the content of their wallets but by the weight of thier character. Don't worry, daddy's money will buy you plenty of tokens and half finished games still because of your outstanding business skills you picked up on down at the junior high are so spot on.

I guess I judge people by not the content of their wallets but by the weight of thier character. Don't worry, daddy's money will buy you plenty of tokens and half finished games still because of your outstanding business skills you picked up on down at the junior high are so spot on.
    clearly you dont judge them by skills/experience/knowledge they posses - because succesfull CFO of multibilion dollar company wiith many years of experience in buisness posses such skills that you never imagined they would be possible

clearly you dont judge them by skills/experience/knowledge they posses - because succesfull CFO of multibilion dollar company wiith many years of experience in buisness posses such skills that you never imagined they would be possible
    You are right I give zero fucks about CFOs. Their ability to tongue bath investors at the easy solution costing other others their jobs instead of making good products (in a record year). Then you really nailed it with me not caring your opinion of my business sense.

You are a good example of the problem. You arent the CFO guy that signs the 15 million signing bonus because.. honestly if you are and your here on these forums.. LAWL. You are more likely one of the people that get canned by these folks (if you arent some welfare state level kid) but it just hasn't happened to you so you see no issue with it. But one day, I hope, your government check stops coming or you get fired during a record profit year and know what it really means to defend these people.

Never in my life would I think people would be gracefully defending firing 800 people in a record profit year and trying to make me, the guy standing up for these fired people the bad guy. I mean my god you are some sort of bad Bond villian at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Daddy and Mommy are dead and I am 34 years old earning my living just fine. I buy plenty of tokens with my own money.

Wonder if that will tilt you some more too.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much. Good CFO will earn Blizzard far more than a bunch of devs and product/project managers that did not do shit last several years judging by all the amazing new games Blizzard released last 3 years.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if you want to do a witch hunt - go hunt Mike Morehaime that led to this shit by being totally useless for years now. This shit is in a good part his responsibility and thankfully he was let go. CEO of a game development and production company that does not make and produce games.

My Daddy and Mommy are dead and I am 34 years old earning my living just fine. I buy plenty of tokens with my own money.
    This is the standard internet answer. It just gets better. LOL. Let me guess.. car accident and you were raised by wolves for a few months until they found you and now at night you dress up like a bat and fight crime for the CFO dream and the CEO way?

In the next episode "you don't make sense are you still triggered" he says?
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-02-15 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the standard internet answer. It just gets better. LOL. Let me guess.. car accident and you were raised by wolves for a few months until they found you and now at night you dress up like a bat and fight crime for the CFO dream and the CEO way?

In the next episode "you don't make sense are you still triggered" he says?
    Whatever floats your boat bud...

Don't forget to take those schizo meds, you might have skipped a day there.

Whatever floats your boat bud...

You did go with the "you don't make sense" and I am triggered. Very internet standard.

LoL i find this funny because i just took mine (im not joking, sadly)

Anyway i made a thread in WoW forums (yes, im still on about this) and the people there are kinda chill and cool.
    2 MVP's helped me
    1MVP came and agreed with me.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...o-2017/28867/5

Maybe this is the true reason why Blizzard is cutting costs?
    2018 was an expansion release...it should have been better than 2017, no?

Chris Metzen Defending Blizzard

I have read Chris's tweet and overall he is saying "Blizzard still has passionate teams developing for us", though "Business can sometimes create mixed feelings" I am sorry, but this is utter BS. How 1 person get 15mil bonus for joining Blizzard, but they are laying off 800 employees which hardly will catch up to the 15 mil? I know ye ye, capitalism etc etc, but the moves blizzard is making is just plain stupid.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want Metzen to bash Blizzard or something?

You wish.

Nice troll account.

Btw, who was this person who get 15 mil for joining Blizz?
    Care to give links?
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    Nice troll account.

Btw, who was this person who get 15 mil for joining Blizz?
    Care to give links?
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/activisio...aking-the-job/

Could've just quickly googled it yourself.

Once a lackey, always a lackey.