Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    So if this is true, I would say 20 days of just daily challenges gets you a rare emote and within a month the epic one as stated above, but that doesn't take into account any other coin generators like the alliance system and other in-game things. Seems reasonable enough to me, but who can say at this point. Have to wait to see how much a regular person can accumulate in one day or if it's capped? Have they said anything about a daily cap? I don't recall.
    There's also weekly and monthly "Trial" things as well. Not sure how much they reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems stable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I'll be on as Sixnalia
    If anyone else wants to add me for Alliance benefits shoot me an invite :^)
    I added you, my origin is Sterkrazzy if anyone wants to add me too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You get 200~ coin per story mission. We'll have to see how much we get for other activities
    Saw someone say he got 2k from opening a chest in the world, then a few minutes later he got another 800 in another chest.

Coin earn rate seems pretty good so far... you could grind chests for a few hours and have quite a bit.

It seems like you'll be able to earn an epic quality in a week of casual play.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-15 at 05:19 PM.

Can't wait for this day at work to finish so I can play too, 6 more hours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    hold up on prices!
    Origin Premier gives a 10% discount on shard buys.

So this means that it is
    $10 for 1050
    $40 for 4600

Two victory pose emotes are
    23,000 coins for the epic
    16,000 for the rare
    6,000 for uncommon

Some emotes have shard costs in addition to coin options. Some are coin only.
    Those skin prices are still more expensive than free to play games.

Eso prices for example (in euro):
    750 crown pack - 6.99
    1500 crown pack - 12.99
    3000 crown pack - 20.99
    5500 crown pack - 34.99
    14000 crown pack - 84.99

Generaly euro price is same as dolar price (number wise). So 10 euro for 1050. They already look more expensive by crown vs shard rate.
    Now since i dont know anthem prices for cosmetics i cant realy compare them to other games price wise.

850 shard armor (lets call it costume) vs 500 crown costume (tho some cost 700, 1000 and 2000).

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore

Overall this game is more expensive for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

750 crown pack - 6.99
    1500 crown pack - 12.99
    3000 crown pack - 20.99
    5500 crown pack - 34.99
    14000 crown pack - 84.99

Generaly euro price is same as dolar price (number wise). So 10 euro for 1050. They already look more expensive by crown vs shard rate.
    Now since i dont know anthem prices for cosmetics i cant realy compare them to other games price wise.

850 shard armor (lets call it costume) vs 500 crown costume (tho some cost 700, 1000 and 2000).

And you cant earn crown in game if you don't pay the 15$/month sub, in Anthem you can. So ?

Friendly reminder: similar AAA online games which have come out in the last year were very heavily discounted very quickly. Even if the game looks fun to you, it's just smart to wait a couple months to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So...it's not a dumpster fire and EA/BW aren't greedy dicks charging $20 for each cosmetic? You mean all those outrage-bait YouTubers were painfully wrong while they spouted stupid bullshit for views? I AM SHOCKED!

Pleasant surprise though, good to hear performance is apparently much improved (that was a big issue for me during the beta, maybe if I pick it up I'll be able to bump the game up to medium settings or 1440p on low settings!) and that the leaked pricing was a placeholder, with real prices being cheaper.

Also sounding good that the currency you earn in-game for cash shop stuff isn't super rare, sounds like you'll be able to get it at a pretty steady rate to slowly pick up stuff from the store here and there.

Yay, now I hope the rest of the game is good. The remaining point of concern is the endgame with only 3 strongholds right now (though the 4th is coming next month), so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    And you cant earn crown in game if you don't pay the 15$/month sub, in Anthem you can. So ?
    Shhhhh you're destroying the narrative

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...it's not a dumpster fire and EA/BW aren't greedy dicks charging $20 for each cosmetic? You mean all those outrage-bait YouTubers were painfully wrong while they spouted stupid bullshit for views? I AM SHOCKED!

Pleasant surprise though, good to hear performance is apparently much improved (that was a big issue for me during the beta, maybe if I pick it up I'll be able to bump the game up to medium settings or 1440p on low settings!) and that the leaked pricing was a placeholder, with real prices being cheaper.

Also sounding good that the currency you earn in-game for cash shop stuff isn't super rare, sounds like you'll be able to get it at a pretty steady rate to slowly pick up stuff from the store here and there.

Yay, now I hope the rest of the game is good. The remaining point of concern is the endgame with only 3 strongholds right now (though the 4th is coming next month), so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one in the coming weeks.
    I don't particularly think only having 3 strongholds is going to be an issue since you can progress from literally everything. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I don't particularly think only having 3 strongholds is going to be an issue since you can progress from literally everything.
    This is true, but if the other activities don't remain engaging enough then that may be an issue. Dungeons are popular, but not so much when you're repeating the same ones over and over and over and over and over again. There's content elsewhere, but they need to make sure each area of content is strong enough to mostly stand on its own.

I don't think it's a killer by any means, but I'm curious to see what the reaction will be once folks start making it to endgame and start that endgame grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is true, but if the other activities don't remain engaging enough then that may be an issue. Dungeons are popular, but not so much when you're repeating the same ones over and over and over and over and over again. There's content elsewhere, but they need to make sure each area of content is strong enough to mostly stand on its own.

I don't think it's a killer by any means, but I'm curious to see what the reaction will be once folks start making it to endgame and start that endgame grinding.
    If each act is about 3 months we should be getting raid like activity pretty soon too.

750 crown pack - 6.99
    1500 crown pack - 12.99
    3000 crown pack - 20.99
    5500 crown pack - 34.99
    14000 crown pack - 84.99

Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Your point?
    They have none because you can earn an armor set in game in about a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crows are sometimes given away. Also some items can be earned in game (you usualy get them in dungeon as drops of from market) as a crafted armor cosmetic. (and they have a free giveaways for log every day into a game, so its kinda similar - but you usualy get trash for few days before you get something like free costume or pet)

Also -- we dont know yet how the currency works (player earned). There could be a limit to it per day/week. So even if you grid like insane person, you still wont be able to get the same rewards than some casual that plays a little by little. So till we have more info from other players, just wait.
    (and if you read a little back, not all items are for player currency - there is a chance this will never get updated and all new items will be cash only, so you may hit a wall when you collect everything it has to offer)

Actually you can kind of buy the crown store stuff with gold I think.

But yeah the pricing is very reasonable and as I thought was a placeholder. Good on them for sticking to their word.

Hearing some reports of the new drivers being ass on the 20 series... I won't be able until Tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Crows are sometimes given away. Also some items can be earned in game (you usualy get them in dungeon as drops of from market) as a crafted armor cosmetic. (and they have a free giveaways for log every day into a game, so its kinda similar - but you usualy get trash for few days before you get something like free costume or pet)

Also -- we dont know yet how the currency works (player earned). There could be a limit to it per day/week. So even if you grid like insane person, you still wont be able to get the same rewards than some casual that plays a little by little. So till we have more info from other players, just wait.
    (and if you read a little back, not all items are for player currency - there is a chance this will never get updated and all new items will be cash only, so you may hit a wall when you collect everything it has to offer)
    There are no caps on earning currency in game. This has been stated by the devs numerous times.

750 crown pack - 6.99
    1500 crown pack - 12.99
    3000 crown pack - 20.99
    5500 crown pack - 34.99
    14000 crown pack - 84.99

And?

Jesus christ enough already. We get it you don't like the game or it's MTX despite the fact you and others were eating up the clickbait Youtube garbage claiming those pricing were final. I mean at least a good chunk of concerned people such as myself gave them the benefit of the doubt.

It's clear you have zero interest in investing in this game. That's fine. We don't need to hear for the umpteenth time about something you and god knows how many other Youtubers were proven wrong about.

So what if another games is a tiny bit better? MTX while I dislike them are a common thing and are fairly priced in this game. Go play those games then. Problem solved. The devs stated the MTX weren't final, they ended up not being final and yet you still have the audacity to act like you have any high ground? Hint. You don't anymore. You and all those videos you chose to flood this thread with were all proven wrong on something you were so vehemently adamant about.

While I despise EA for what they've done to some of my favourite studios you are taking this to a whole new level and just doing the whole faux outrage thing while bringing nothing actually critical to the table.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-15 at 06:03 PM.

@Edge-

The selling point i found here on this thread was also the improved performance all i need in my game is good performance (not really but almost)

Crown giveaways happen maybe once a year and it's for 500 crowns. In-game earned items have nothing to do with the cash shop, cosmetics can be earned in both games outside the cash shop. The login bonuses are mostly kinda junk, and they rarely include anything of much value from the cash shop. When they do it's because they're pushing a particular update and want folks logging in.

Why is it now, "Just wait and we'll see how evil they are!" when before it was, "WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IF THEY ARE EVIL WE MUST TALK ABOUT HOW EVIL THEY ARE NOW!"?

There's also a chance that BW accidentally deletes the game if we're talking about wild hypotheticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually you can kind of buy the crown store stuff with gold I think.
    Not that I'm aware of, and without a gold <-> crown exchange gold has no value in the store.