Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you still completely do not understand anything I said. It does not matter what rules country X uses to provide citizenship, as long as the recipient does not claim it - he/she is not a citizen.

How many times I need to say that before you get it through your skull?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang...ationality_law

Jus sanguinis
    Edit
    Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespectively of the place or legitimacy of the birth.[2] Therefore, any person born to a Bangladeshi woman illegitimately outside Bangladeshi soil would still be a Bangladeshi citizen, whereas a person born to two non-nationals in Bangladesh would not.

Dosn't matter how many times you can state something thats wrong. Decent citizenship under ours and Bangladeshi law is yours to reject. Not yours to claim.

Do some reasurch first, I've done mine it's common courtesy, till then stop a. Butting into UK buissness and b. Talking about laws in country's you have no understanding of.

Quote Originally Posted by trontworp View Post
    Which is pretty much the same reaction you get if you talk to westerners about any one of a different ethnicity. What is your point exactly?
    That is not true, most people don't laugh at seeing a head in a trash bin. Also my point was pretty clear, try rereading if you didn't understand it.

I think you still completely do not understand anything I said. It does not matter what rules country X uses to provide citizenship, as long as the recipient does not claim it - he/she is not a citizen.

How many times I need to say that before you get it through your skull?

----

Honestly, just use bloody common sense. If this was that easy, your precious foreign secretary would just go ahead and say "lol she's a Bangladesh citizen, UK citizenship revoked, ciao!" and end it there. Problem is - he can't do that.

What he CAN do, assuming this whole Bangladesh thing is even true, he could contact his peers there and cut a deal with them AND with her, where she claims the citizenship and they welcome her. I can bet your ass this process will need to be oiled with some good ol' pounds there for both the parties in question.

Or you know, seeing you are so brilliant and well versed in international and citizenship laws, could just pick your phone, call him and tell him to do things your way, after all seems like government's legal team is clueless and you are the key man here with the plan.
    Don't be obtuse. That's what he is doing but there's a legal and review process, boxes to tick. It takes a few weeks to remove some ones citizenship. Which is what he said he is in the process of doing.

And I trust he knows a hell of Alot more than some rando on a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    Don't be obtuse. That's what he is doing but there's a legal and review process, boxes to tick. It takes a few weeks to remove some ones citizenship. Which is what he said he is in the process of doing.

And I trust he knows a hell of Alot more than some rando on a forum.
    OK, breh, you know what just for funzies. Let's stop this here and get back to it in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna have a good laugh then.

Here's my prediction - either of 2 happens within 2 months:

She either finds herself in UK OR in 3rd country that with a nice lump of $$ for agreeing to the citizenship deal.

That's your boxes to tick.

OK, breh, you know what just for funzies. Let's stop this here and get back to it in a couple of weeks. I'm gonna have a good laugh then.

Here's my prediction - either of 2 happens within 2 months:

She either finds herself in UK OR in 3rd country that with a nice lump of $$ for agreeing to the citizenship deal.

That's your boxes to tick.
    Or her citizenship get stripped and she's left to rot in Syria by Bangladesh. Which is what we're actually working on doing, Bruh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    Do some reasurch first, I've done mine it's common courtesy, till then stop a. Butting into UK buissness and b. Talking about laws in country's you have no understanding of.
    That's large hearing this from a person who was full of shit from the start - you literally grasped at straws here after you got with your pants down not knowing even basic law that you can't strip citizenship if person has only one such.

El Oh El.

That's large hearing this from a person who was full of shit from the start - you literally grasped at straws here after you got with your pants down not knowing even basic law that you can't strip citizenship if person has only one such.

El Oh El.
    Who's linked to the relevant laws and who's just waffled about shit?

Oh yea I have the links and quotes.

You probly don't even know what jus sanguinis even means....

no sympathy for a piece of trash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    just because you are a UK citizen doesn't mean the UK has to go out of their way to bring you back after you left for a enemy 'state'.
    Never said that we should, but to say that we can completely wash our hands of her is a legal falsehood.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Fuck her.
    I think they already did
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

She's a traitor to the country that gave her every possible opportunity in the western world and a terrorist sympathizer showing no remorse? People can't forgive Liam Neeson but they can in this case because the brat has a passport? lmao if you support this dickhead coming home you need a word with yourself.

international law says she's a british citizen because she only has a british passport, so by international law yes she should be allowed back into the country.

she should then be tried - as an adult - under the terrorism act. should her child be born, her child should be taken into custody and social services should take care of the matter.

that is what should happen by law. let's see if britain follows international law : )

Don't see why any extraction should be offered, however if she literally only has UK Citizenship they can't prevent her getting back in to the UK:

Lord Carlile told BBC Radio 5 Live if Ms Begum has not gained a second citizenship of another country she will be allowed back to her homeland.

This is because under international law it is not possible for a person to be made "stateless".

Source: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4067586.html
    That being said if she does get back in the UK one would hope it would get flagged and arrest would happen shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    That being said if she does get back in the UK one would hope it would get flagged and arrest would happen shortly after.
    absolutely, she'll be detained and tried under the terrorism act.

there is a degree of sympathy we should have for her: she was groomed, radicalised, impregnated, and married at the age of 15 by ISIS recruiters. still, does not completely excuse the actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    international law says she's a british citizen because she only has a british passport, so by international law yes she should be allowed back into the country.

she should then be tried - as an adult - under the terrorism act. should her child be born, her child should be taken into custody and social services should take care of the matter.

that is what should happen by law. let's see if britain follows international law : )
    I think they do have the option not to ask for her to be extradited should she be charged in another country but that is about it. More importantly, 2 English/Dutch children have already died due to having idiot parents so lets make sure the 3rd one gets a better start and a better mom.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be wary. There may be alternate intentions for her wanting to come back. Not to mention going to join an organization that is actively working against your own country. If she does come back i don't think she's going to like what happens. I foresee lots of interrogation err.. debriefing on who/what she knows and then a hefty jail/prison time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be allowed to come back.

She actively says she still supports our enemies, why would we want her back? 0o

Left leaning person here. She made her choice. Let her reap the repurcussions from it.
    RETH

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are mean. I totally hope she makes it back to the UK.

anything before the age of 18 should be treated as a minor (not dismissed though), and therefore they should help her get back. just because terrorism is currently a hot topic doesn't mean we just get to ignore laws that protect minors. anything she did past 18 sure persecute/treat as an adult.

though honestly i'm not really a fan of laws that allow persecution for stuff outside a countries soil/jurisdiction. not like she actually did something on UK soil. at worst she attacked UK or allied troops, but honestly there is no war declaration or anything so that kinda leaves it as Syrian jurisdiction for anything she did in my opinion.