15+ Year Old Account
    I really dont like what they did to kairi. Like its cool if she was still a damsel, but dont build her up and knock her back down, especially with her awesome new clothes :/. Sometimes i think nomura hates women

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I really dont like what they did to kairi. Like its cool if she was still a damsel, but dont build her up and knock her back down, especially with her awesome new clothes :/. Sometimes i think nomura hates women
    Well he doesn't. Just because of one female character. The rest are awesome. As for KH3, literally everyone got the middle finger so Sora can have his spotlight. If anything the worst part is Riku. Gets his ass kicked twice by a lame demon tower, then doesn't even fight Aqua cause Sora has to for no reason. (don't even make me start about the random haircut and oh apparently we can just get new keyblades lol) Atleast we got to fight as Aqua against Vanitas, but that was because they already had her playable in that engine. Wish we'd get to play as Kairi instead, would make more sense.

But anyway, I've seen people call this game sexist because of the way it treats the female characters... (huh?) Aqua is arguably the best out of the BBS trio. Xion dies but that has nothing to do with what's between her legs. And Namine is in a way a better Kairi, but being unable to fight doesn't mean shes a bad character. Just because someone isn't a ninja that can jump over a mile long building doesn't mean they aren't a good character. Invi and Ava are cool too. And we also have Skuld too but there's not much to judge from the mobile game.

Reminds me of when people called Tabata and FFXV sexist because it didn't have any female characters in the party.

Kairi is still my favourite though (sue me) and I really REALLY hope she gets to be playable in the future or something like that, but even if she doesn't and even if she remains the same she is now I'm not gonna make it all political and say its sexist...

/rant

PS: I find most if not all characters interesting, but I don't think KH3 did justice to any of them.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2019-02-12 at 07:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well he doesn't. Just because of one female character. The rest are awesome. As for KH3, literally everyone got the middle finger so Sora can have his spotlight. If anything the worst part is Riku. Gets his ass kicked twice by a lame demon tower, then doesn't even fight Aqua cause Sora has to for no reason. (don't even make me start about the random haircut and oh apparently we can just get new keyblades lol) Atleast we got to fight as Aqua against Vanitas, but that was because they already had her playable in that engine. Wish we'd get to play as Kairi instead, would make more sense.

But anyway, I've seen people call this game sexist because of the way it treats the female characters... (huh?) Aqua is arguably the best out of the BBS trio. Xion dies but that has nothing to do with what's between her legs. And Namine is in a way a better Kairi, but being unable to fight doesn't mean shes a bad character. Just because someone isn't a ninja that can jump over a mile long building doesn't mean they aren't a good character. Invi and Ava are cool too. And we also have Skuld too but there's not much to judge from the mobile game.

Reminds me of when people called Tabata and FFXV sexist because it didn't have any female characters in the party.

Kairi is still my favourite though (sue me) and I really REALLY hope she gets to be playable in the future or something like that, but even if she doesn't and even if she remains the same she is now I'm not gonna make it all political and say its sexist...

/rant

PS: I find most if not all characters interesting, but I don't think KH3 did justice to any of them.
    All the women suffer way more than any of the guys and even when they fight they always lose. I really dont care about sexism in games, but its weird.

Probably. Its still ok to be racist in Japan after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    While I am not going to say it's outright sexist, it just pisses me off that Kairi gets treated as DiD in every single game she's involved in.

Kingdom Hearts; her heart escaped and her body is now an empty shell; and thus she needs rescuing!
    Kingdom Hearts 2; she got Kidnapped by Axel and needs Sora to rescue her (she escapes with help from Namine and Riku instead).
    Birth by Sleep, she's attacked by Unversed and Aqua has to save her!
    Kingdom Hearts 3; OH NO! After extensive training to be a keyblade wielder, she got kidnapped again (during the final battle no less!) and to be used to move the plot forward! I mean she does appear in the ending, safe and sound, and Sora disappears, which I guess turns Sora in to a Dude in Distress? But that does not excuse the poor handling of this character.

Kairi is literally defined by being a damsel in distress at this point. Which makes the whole notion of her training to be a keyblade wielder pointless.

Which is just my opinion.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2019-02-12 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Probably. Its still ok to be racist in Japan after all.
    Yea the anime and gaming industry could use some work when it comes to writing women. To many for together waifu shit gets annoying.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad this thread died, but I guess it wasnt as good as we were all hoping so there isnt much to say anymore

I'm sad this thread died, but I guess it wasnt as good as we were all hoping so there isnt much to say anymore
    A lot of long awaited games can't live up to the hype. A least this one is enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously.

So yeah, there's nothing to talk about until Nomura announces DLC. Which I hope is soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    A lot of long awaited games can't live up to the hype. A least this one is enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously.

So yeah, there's nothing to talk about until Nomura announces DLC. Which I hope is soon.
    I just think its a shame cause I can talk about 2 allllllllllllllllllllllll day

I really liked KH3, but my opinions don't really solidify until some time after a release. Not much else to talk about at the moment until more details are released. The Ultamania guide, which could shed some light on some of the more confusing elements will be releasing the 28th of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I really liked KH3, but my opinions don't really solidify until some time after a release. Not much else to talk about at the moment until more details are released. The Ultamania guide, which could shed some light on some of the more confusing elements will be releasing the 28th of this month.
    Does it explain why we didnt get any final fantasy characters?

Ha I'd like a more in depth response to that too. It probably just boils down to what Nomura said in past interviews, though. Too many KH characters to deal with and saying it does not need the help of FF characters to support the KH franchise anymore.

The only 2 reasons that'd make sense in my eyes are:
    A: Nomura didn't think the game required them at this time
    B: Disney said 'no'

I guess a third option might be that Nomura was pissed that he was taken off FFXV and decided not to include any in KH3 out of spite. But I'd like to think he'd not be that petty.

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing a lvl 1 run on beginner mode; just to test how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    The only 2 reasons that'd make sense in my eyes are:
    A: Nomura didn't think the game required them at this time
    B: Disney said 'no'

I guess a third option might be that Nomura was pissed that he was taken off FFXV and decided not to include any in KH3 out of spite. But I'd like to think he'd not be that petty.

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing a lvl 1 run on beginner mode; just to test how it works.
    There is a lot more possibilities then 3.

We're never going to know the truth anyways, well unless they become DLC and then you will know exactly the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is a lot more possibilities then 3.

We're never going to know the truth anyways, well unless they become DLC and then you will know exactly the reason why.
    my theory is that with all the new merch, promotion and renewed interest in the brand that disney is trying to make the brand more standalone, if final fantasy remains a staple of the series they have to work out a deal with square anytime they want to use those characters.

if they wanna make a kingdom hearts cartoon, or movie, or toy line or whatever they can do so as they wish if its all original owned ip.

I wish the hollow bastion gang wouldve been given a send off though instead of just not being there
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It was as good as I expected... I dunno what you were expecting. Combat is great, story is great, graphics are great. Only really disappointing thing was 100 Acre Woods tbh. Oh and no Final Fantasy characters.

as a stand alone game it is good (8-9 of 10)
    but as a sequel game (and after playing kh2) it isnt as good as I would like to (6-7 of 10)
    during my first playthrough I gave it easily an 8 but after finishing the story I was: the heck was this, there are so many things missing
    and my 8 dropped to a 6

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It was as good as I expected... I dunno what you were expecting. Combat is great, story is great, graphics are great. Only really disappointing thing was 100 Acre Woods tbh. Oh and no Final Fantasy characters.
    Sephiroth fight, ff characters, critical, the game not being so easy on proud, a less butchered twilight town and 100 acre, the cooking mini game actually being a game and not a single qte, synthesis being worthwhile, better combat, better music, a less russhed end, no jarring disney cutscenes, to name a few things

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth fight, ff characters, critical, the game not being so easy on proud, a less butchered twilight town and 100 acre, the cooking mini game actually being a game and not a single qte, synthesis being worthwhile, better combat, better music, a less russhed end, no jarring disney cutscenes, to name a few things
    And those make the game a 7? You do realize a 7 by most people's standards would indicate the game isn't even worth playing?

I think you have such a big hard on for KH2 that no matter what KH3 was, if it wasn't exactly like KH2 you wouldn't enjoy it that much.

Hell, you even said when you got to the end of the game that it was the best 3 hours of gaming you ever experienced. Now it's rushed? At least be consistent in what you say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    And those make the game a 7? You do realize a 7 by most people's standards would indicate the game isn't even worth playing?

I think you have such a big hard on for KH2 that no matter what KH3 was, if it wasn't exactly like KH2 you wouldn't enjoy it that much.

Hell, you even said when you got to the end of the game that it was the best 3 hours of gaming you ever experienced. Now it's rushed? At least be consistent in what you say.
    Im not a shitty game joruno where a 1-7 dont even matter on their scale.

I enjoy kh1 just as much as 2 and in fact theres a lot in 1 i still find better than 2.

At the time yeah and gameplay wise. Story wise, I would have liked they spread the rescuing out and we got to talk to some of them more.