Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Will any of the White Knights that were attacking anyone who so much as questioned the original story come in here and apologize? The answer is no.
    Will media outlets make this as big of a deal if this new report turns out to be true and offer full retractions and apologize for further igniting racial division in the US without any facts? The answer is no.
    The police say there is no evidence that the attack was a hoax. I can't find any legitimate source of evidence to say it is. I will withhold judgment until there is evidence. The level of confirmation bias on this forum is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    That was already debunked, and they said he was still being treated as a victim, so why did they specifically go after two black men when it was two white men? Makes no sense unless it’s just blatant racism!
    That hasn't been debunked, mainly because Jessie said they were white men but they were actually from Nigeria and he personally worked with them on the show. The police here are just using language that won't be inflamatory, because the incident is under investigation. They know if they come out with something official saying that he lied, while there are still loose ends here, it won't look very good. That being said, just about everything we've seen so far is that this is a hoax... unless you really believe Trump supporting nigerians, who happen to work on the show, didn't like this guy, and decided to lightly beat him up, and all of that other jazz....

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Chicago Police have dismissed reports that an attack on Empire actor Jussie Smollett was a hoax

Lets face it the fash have a hardon for smearing a blackman who got beat up. People creating mad conspiracies against him need thier fucking head checked its obvious what you think you fucking mutants, why don't you come out and say it.
    Saving this for when the PD finally admits it was faked.

If it was really faked, they should still charge the 2 guys for a hate crime. Technically it's still true, even if they were paid to fake the hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To arrest someone for something like that they typically need evidence of something, otherwise they’re just shooting themselves in the foot.
    They have apparently taken the two guys into custody, but not filed charges, and can hold them for 48 or 72 hours. My point is simply that they are doing this to shake the two guys down to get them to flop and name Smollett as coordinating a hoax. Otherwise they will simply charge them with the assault. If it's a full hoax, they won't charge with assault, not even sure what the actual charge would be for them. Smollett would get the filing false charges or whatever.

Without a confession from the two, I doubt they have any real evidence for it to be a hoax, other than the phone calls he hid from them.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hes scrubbing his twitter and instagram now. Hes erasing every post that mentioned MAGA bois.

I thought all humans knew that you can erase things from the internet just by deleting something. . . . /facepalm
    He never said that someone wearing a maga hat attacked him. Don't get your news on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Hes scrubbing his twitter and instagram now. Hes erasing every post that mentioned MAGA bois.

I thought all humans knew that you can erase things from the internet just by deleting something. . . . /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    That hasn't been debunked, mainly because Jessie said they were white men but they were actually from Nigeria and he personally worked with them on the show. The police here are just using language that won't be inflamatory, because the incident is under investigation. They know if they come out with something official saying that he lied, while there are still loose ends here, it won't look very good. That being said, just about everything we've seen so far is that this is a hoax... unless you really believe Trump supporting nigerians, who happen to work on the show, didn't like this guy, and decided to lightly beat him up, and all of that other jazz....
    The police do not lie in situations like this. If they say that he is not being investigated this is the truth. If he was and they were simply trying to keep everyone cool they would not comment on that detail. THey also specifically said that information from the original "unnamed police source" had been incorrect.

Admittedly there is a detail or two that is a little odd but most of the really weird stuff is from fake news feeds on Twitter. We know that his supposed motivation for this, being canned from the show, is simply not true, The one that kills me is how it is a hoax because he went to Subway on a really cold night... Well a lot of people did. Were the rest of them up to something as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    He never said that someone wearing a maga hat attacked him. Don't get your news on Twitter.
    Didn't you claim he never said white earlier? If not you, someone else tried that.

Plus, MSN had no trouble reporting on the TMZ piece. Gossip rag, yes. But not twitter and good enough for other news orgs to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Didn't you claim he never said white earlier? If not you, someone else tried that.

Plus, MSN had no trouble reporting on the TMZ piece. Gossip rag, yes. But not twitter and good enough for other news orgs to use it.
    I never did and I have no clue if he said that or not. The news source for the maga hat rubbish however had a big expose on "the deep state" just after ...

I never did and I have no clue if he said that or not. The news source for the maga hat rubbish however had a big expose on "the deep state" just after ...
    He's done an interview complaining how people would doubt him less if he didn't say his attackers were white.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    Everyone claiming it was a hoax... they just arrested two people for the assault. Police refute reports of a hoax. Hmmm...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/police-...ax-11550255540
    You might want to look up who the people they have arrested are hint they aren't white good ol maga boys.

He's done an interview complaining how people would doubt him less if he didn't say his attackers were white.
    I don't think that was the wording. I have actually never heard him say anything about the color of the attacker but I have admittedly not looked that hard. I have little interest in the specifics of this case but more on the entire media circus surrounding it.

I do recognize your statement though and it is incorrect to at least some extent. Didn't he say that people would believe him more if he had said the attacker was black or Mexican or something like that? That does not mean that he said that the attacker was white.

If he mentioned the attackers color around that statement I do not know but this quote did not as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wouldn’t them placing people other then Smollett reinforce that they don’t think it’s true?
    People who are of Nigerian descent who already had a previous relationship with Jussie sure sounds like accomplices to a hoax.

I don't think that was the wording. I have actually never heard him say anything about the color of the attacker but I have admittedly not looked that hard. I have little interest in the specifics of this case but more on the entire media circus surrounding it.

I do recognize your statement though and it is incorrect to at least some extent. Didn't he say that people would believe him more if he had said the attacker was black or Mexican or something like that? That does not mean that he said that the attacker was white.

If he mentioned the attackers color around that statement I do not know but this quote did not as far as I can remember.
    He also blamed Trump which narrows that down further.

The police do not lie in situations like this.
    No, American police have never lied about anything...not like they have a global reputation for corruption, incompetence and racism or anything.

The police do not lie in situations like this.
    Citation needed, if the police are waiting for someone to slip up why would they inform the press that they are doing that?
    It's quite clear that the blurry picture of the suspects they released to the press was part of a misinformation campaign since they actually had a better picture they used for facial identification of the suspects, probably what made them feel safe to return to the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    When 'pro-police' people call the police liars to support their argument.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Why would two black guys from Nigeria shout about MAGA country and assault a fellow actor who they allegedly knew from Empire and the gym? Makes no sense, this whole arrest stinks of some messed up corruption.
    Or a hoax sometimes the obvious is just the obvious no need for a conspiracy reaching all the way to the mayor or whatever you are imagining.

He also blamed Trump which narrows that down further.
    Not directly... stick to the facts please.