Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have an eBay business and I am part of an 180 vendor antique co-op with my parents. I ramped up the eBay business from being a side thing to my main thing after having complications with a hand surgery and losing my FT job in finance. After being terminated because I couldn't come back to work as fast as they wanted, I decided to be my own boss. I was tired of working for someone else who got upset every time I was sick or wanted a day off.

It has given me much more freedom in a lot of ways but it also takes a lot more dedication. I have to sell things to get paid so I am always working to find new stuff to sell. I also have to stay motivated when at home where it is easy to be lazy and decide not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Entrepreneur is just a fancy word for unemployee'd, this reads out like a facebook ad or some B/S "self-help personal training coach".
    Little do you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You might be the only person that said it in exactly that manner...but you didn't come up with the concept.

The true currency of life is time, not money, and we've all got a limited stock of that.
    - Robert Harris

“Time is a currency you can only spend once, so be careful how you spend it.”
    ― Harmon Okinyo

“Time is the most valuable currency so spend it wisely”
    ― Debasish Mridha
    Add me to the list. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snortboink View Post
    -snip
    Don't let your own personal experiences dictate other peoples outcomes.. sorry that your life isn't as positive or uplifting, that doesn't mean other people have it work for them.

You mentioned that you are an affiliate and that it costs money to get traffic and you are correct... It does cost money to make money.. but starting as an affiliate doesn't require ANY MONEY...

For instance, this company

https://impactlifechange.com/genm

is a company that helps interns get real-life experience and connect business owners with interns, in which I get $25 dollars for each person that signs up.
    I posted on my social media, Reddit and other sites and I've made a few hundred bucks passively besides the little copywriting I wrote and a few seconds to post in different locations...

You do not need a website all you need are links provided by the website who has the product.

Again because you cant build a following or it's slow for you doesn't mean the same thing will happen to other people..

Just based on everything you have said... All you say is how PEOPLE CANT DO SOMETHING, I prefer to live my life, how CAN I do something...

Building a product to sell takes time and money, you need a cart, a product, a merchant account, a way to deliver that product and so forth vs piggy backing on someone else's product...

A minimum barebones product does not require any income at all at all..

It could be a course on whatever topic, and then use teachable.com to deliver that product using their free account.

BASICALLY EVERYTHING YOU SAID HAD AN EXCUSE ATTACHED TO IT... It's pretty sad... You need to change your mindset... Maybe you should reread my tips and I have plenty more don't worry...

your assumptions about me "reading a rich quick book" without context is a Huge character flaw and obviously, you had to create a burner account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    wow thanks you solved all of capitalisms problems just like that
    capitalism has no problems.. people who don't apply themselves are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    What people? How do you get contacts? How do you acquire the right presentation/communication skills in order to not look like a babling idiot? Getting a profitable ida is also not something happening on a dayly basis. How do you recognise when somebody is trying to help you and not trying to explit you? Sure you do have to take a risk but there is a difference between blind trust and educated gamble.

Also the advice with amazon is... well, do you actually know somebody who made a meaningful money with that? Especially in times when people are actually kinda wary of referral links .
    How do you not look like a babbling idiot.. well you have to 1. be confident 2. know your shit. 3. own your shit

How do you get contacts? networking, meeting new people... you know like in real life

Work with reputable people.?

Amazon has shortened links that doesn't look like referral links... there are plenty of people that have made plenty of money with amazon... sure its very low but its about volume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I have an eBay business and I am part of an 180 vendor antique co-op with my parents. I ramped up the eBay business from being a side thing to my main thing after having complications with a hand surgery and losing my FT job in finance. After being terminated because I couldn't come back to work as fast as they wanted, I decided to be my own boss. I was tired of working for someone else who got upset every time I was sick or wanted a day off.

It has given me much more freedom in a lot of ways but it also takes a lot more dedication. I have to sell things to get paid so I am always working to find new stuff to sell. I also have to stay motivated when at home where it is easy to be lazy and decide not to work.
    That is awesome! I am actually in a transition myself.. I am working on taking myself out of Face to Face training with my clients, have someone shadow me and ultimately take over my clients, while i earn a passive income off of it for a year..

ultimately build up my online company more..

Quote Originally Posted by Itheni View Post
    32. If you think you can't, or you think you can, you are right.
    LOLWUT

I think I can bang Russian super model.

Spasibo for advice comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Tip #1: Don't go to an online forum for sound business advice.
    sure this probably isn’t the best platform, but i figured there might be some business owners that happen to be gamers too that would be cool to network with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    LOLWUT

I think I can bang Russian super model.

Spasibo for advice comrade.
    Then go out and do it... take action... unless you don’t think you can.: then you are right. It’s a mind set

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Okay so some sound advice from people I work with. Check out your local SBDC (Small Business Development Center), they can help you get funding, and mine has great classes on quickbooks, and advertising.

I shouldn't be so salty on here all the time.
    Great advice, I actually have a CPA, so no need for a quickbooks.
    And I am in a group called BNI which is a networking group with 1 professional per group and it’s a referral based group so the goal isn’t to sell to your group.

I love advertising, I just purchased a 500 dollar course on retargeting .

I have no problem finding money but I know a few others here asked about funding and you provided sound advice.

Don't let your own personal experiences dictate other peoples outcomes.. sorry that your life isn't as positive or uplifting, that doesn't mean other people have it work for them.

First, your assumption that I did not succeed at this would be inaccurate, that's how I know your advice stinks. And no, I'm not very positive or uplifting when it comes to morally bankrupt snake oil salesmen. You people feed on the most vulnerable part of the population, you are scum.

Ignoring your happy-clappy "hold onto your dreams...hope can be a special flower!" horseshit let's look at your actual substantive comments here:

For instance, this company

snip evil slave trading company url

is a company that helps interns get real-life experience and connect business owners with interns, in which I get $25 dollars for each person that signs up.
    I posted on my social media, Reddit and other sites and I've made a few hundred bucks passively besides the little copywriting I wrote and a few seconds to post in different locations...

Wow, you are a real piece of work...it is transparently a place for employers to dupe naive kids to work for nothing. I've met drug dealers with lower morals than you.
    OK, ethics aside do you know what the conversion rate is on something like that? Pretty damn low. You could send tens of thousands of people to that site and not make a penny...even adsense will virtually guarantee you a few hundred dollars. It is only worthwhile if you get targeted traffic and who has traffic targeted as scumbag employers who don't pay their staff? Oh, wait....

Btw Would you like to know how much money that one sign-up will generate on average? It is a hell of a lot more than $25. That's why I don't do affiliate work...you are giving companies dollars for pennies.

You do not need a website all you need are links provided by the website who has the product.

As a general rule any one who doesn't require a website in 2019 is dodgy and likely will disappear with your money as a great many affiliate companies do.

Now, if I were a scam artist what sort of people would I choose to rip-off....oh yes, probably people who thought they could get rich exploiting teenagers and selling them to the highest bidder. Which would be you.

Again because you cant build a following or it's slow for you doesn't mean the same thing will happen to other people..

Yes mostly it does. I've been doing it for longer, I follow the experts in the field closely, if you start for scratch you are not going to be able to do it better than me. For the most reasons if I take up tennis tomorrow I am not going to be Wimbledon champion. Duh.

Just based on everything you have said... All you say is how PEOPLE CANT DO SOMETHING, I prefer to live my life, how CAN I do something..

OK, try jumping off a fucking building and see if you can fly.

I'm actually very positive about the ability of people to achieve things they could only dream of in business, and if they received highly detailed very specific, very practical information we could see a entrepreneurial revolution globally. Unfortunately the field is crowded with low-information bullshit artists like yourself.

It could be a course on whatever topic, and then use teachable.com to deliver that product using their free account.

Most people doing that fail. Here's a way to make it work. Fuck teachable.com, or any other platform creaming off a share of the profit and adding no value. Make your own e-book and sell directly to targetted leads through forums. Charge at least $100 through paypal, no exceptions. Hype it up and reinvest the half a dozen sales you might fluke out of a launch.

Platforms like teachable, amazon and so forth are only worth giving up your profits to if you can game the system to rise to the top of their rankings.

BASICALLY EVERYTHING YOU SAID HAD AN EXCUSE ATTACHED TO IT... It's pretty sad... You need to change your mindset... Maybe you should reread my tips and I have plenty more don't worry...

Yes, the nasty man criticizing me is trying to take away your unicorns... Not pointing out deficiencies in the specific quality of my advice or anything.

your assumptions about me "reading a rich quick book" without context is a Huge character flaw and obviously, you had to create a burner account.

I honestly cannot keep it civil with predators like you. There's a lot of desperate people here living off welfare.
    Last edited by snortboink; 2019-02-14 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snortboink View Post

-snip

OMG, this is the greatest post EVER! Thank you for this. You are making my day with how upset you are getting...

Which, I don't understand why...
    Anyways... Let's get down to it...

you said that drug dealers have LOWER morals than me. I will take that as a compliment.. seems like you must hang out with a lot of drug dealers.

you are the average of the 5 people you hang out with.. I can see why you seem on edge....

I don't understand your next comment about not having a website can be dodgy... Most people starting a business.. don't have a website... Because they are starting a new business.

I think it's cute that you think people still buy ebooks..
    The "IN" thing right now is mentoring, video content.

No one reads ebooks, 100-page ebooks are given away as trip wires all the time...

and then he said PayPal... omg how funny. no mention of a cart so that you can capture stats like abandoning carts, visits, etc..

Aww you are too cute really.. you must be old school at suggestions like these.. You old yeller you.

I don't even know what you are talking about when you said gaming the system and taking all your money from teachable and other educational software like learndash, social learner and all that... They are integrated into your website or in a subdomain.

You can use a cart so you arent gouched on pricing and it's only a monthly fee or a one time fee depending on the product...

you mention alot of people on here living off welfare? based on what stats?

You do resort to alot of name calling, again..

successful people build each other up, motivate, inspire and push each other..

unsuccessful hate, blame and complain...

No, im the real deal..
    Proof
    https://pasteboard.co/I1cvCZE.png
    Last edited by Itheni; 2019-02-15 at 01:57 AM.

Then go out and do it... take action... unless you don’t think you can.: then you are right. It’s a mind set
    You need to lay off the juice, man.

You need to lay off the juice, man.
    Seems like the juice is working.. Maybe you need a new one.

Seems like the juice is working.. Maybe you need a new one.
    Posting on MMO about how great of a "business man" you are, looking for networking for what business exactly? You're just a guy who joined a few mlm's and think he knows it all now. You probably pay to attend "life coach" events and seminars to have some guy tell you things you already know but don't have the actual back bone to execute.

Posting on MMO about how great of a "business man" you are, looking for networking for what business exactly? You're just a guy who joined a few mlm's and think he knows it all now. You probably pay to attend "life coach" events and seminars to have some guy tell you things you already know but don't have the actual back bone to execute.
    making assumptions without context is a major character flaw.

Business? Well, let's see.. We just launched our podcast as I mentioned earlier.

We are looking for people in alternative/holistic medicine, anyone who has written any books on being Vegan, doing Keto, or other lifestyle diets.
    Looking for Dr. who study bio-organic farming, Bio-Mechanics.

Upcoming: we have a few guests who have overcome overwhelming odds.
    For Example:

We have a Ghost Recon From the Special Forces he will be talking about how he survived on the land in unknown areas, We have to give him a "codename" and can't have any film or photography.

We have a woman who is coming down to talk about being sex trafficked all over the world.

4 Gold Medalist Gymnastic Winner

hrm.. but hey... can I sign up under your down line?
    Last edited by Itheni; 2019-02-16 at 02:10 AM.

Tldr - give up everything enjoyable in life because money = success....
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Tldr - give up everything enjoyable in life because money = success....
    Hey man.. You must have missed every single one that said take care of your body, your mind and challenge yourself.. most of it had nothing to do with money..

10+ Year Old Account
    Habits are key, but I think these tips are pretty solid.

Sure that is your opinion that that they are pretty useless..

I am sure that you do not incorporate them, hell you post on average 11 times a day.. for 8 years.. that is the mininum.. think of how much time you would have got back if you used that to learn a new skill or maybe choose better investments in which your properies.

Don't know why you would not leverage more of your debt from the properties to create a better return... but you know.. i guess #16 would fall under being on the mmo-champion too much too.
    Yeah, yeah, I get it, you are trying to sell some nonsense. The problem with the meat of what you are saying and what you are trying to get at with me is that you don't really know what you are talking about. That doesn't mean you can't be simply selling BS and fully aware of it, I am just saying beyond a certain level you aren't.

Most people outside of the very young and ignorant want to be rich or rule the world, some have those ideas, while others who are very successful and thought to as they get older their problem isn't about what you seem to think.

The purpose of money isn't simply to fucking have it. I invest and have properties, because instead of wasting money on things I don't need, and owning my house and not having any debt, I can afford to store it for an early retirement. However I really don't view myself as RICH, and I am not really concerned with that.

My personal goal has always been to have enough to live life the way I want to, and have enough put away and invested that I can count on the income later in life. That's it.

Now that worked out great, but that isn't because I am smarter, better or even planned on it, that is just how things worked out, and at this point in my life, I am blessed enough however, I don't have a need or want for more than what I have. I am not trying to start a business, I don't NEED to do anything but what I want to.

The problem with what you are selling, and the problem I see with most is that isn't good enough, people cant ever be content with being "basic" or simply "Living well, but within means"

Which is why people fall into the nonsense you are listing in the OP. Everybody KNOWS as I said everything you listed including about habits. The problem is, that isn't what YOU are selling, and that isn't what the majority are thinking.

People have unrealistic and stupid ideas about money finance and work, people like yourself cater to that shit, and pitch the lines for your own benefit, nobody else's. Based on the false assumption of "why wouldn't someone who could be nice simply be nice" Or "Why wouldn't someone successful share their secret since they have all they want"

It's because that isn't how life works, money is a tool and a great thing, but it is either just a resource or a tool. Unless you feel you want the world or NEED everything which is stupid, that leaves Money being a TOOL.

So the real question is if you had all the money in the world, or could simply work from home, or had what you NEED and some things you want, THEN WHAT?

That prospect terrifies people more than people like yourself realize.

Because the truth is if people didn't have some kind of drama or some kind of puzzle to stay busy with, they might have to wake out of whatever delusion they are living and ask what is the purpose and meaning for their lives that isn't tied to MONEY or Success as you put it.

People that own their own business and are successful, do so because they have purpose, most business's FAIL! And being Self Employed is HARD if you don't actually know what you want, or can't decide to make choices like the ones you listed, to develop smart habits and DO what what they can and what is required.

As for Entrepreneur a buzzword over used now days, is really just another way to say mark, meaning someone easily sold and selling nonsense because they are on the hook for whatever bait they are selling.

As I said Bottom line it's all about your habits, you will live and die by your choices. Free Advice is Free for a Reason, everything COST something, knowledge is earned not given. And someone saying something isn't the same as them doing it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    "podcast that was fully funded"

Don't you just need a mic and a guest?

Also instead of posting cliche advice, why don't you post how you got funding for your initial venture?
    What some of the challenges your business faced and how you solved them.

You know... actually useful advice...
    Don't really need a guest... You can just do monologue if you want too.

making assumptions without context is a major character flaw.

Business? Well, let's see.. We just launched our podcast as I mentioned earlier.

We are looking for people in alternative/holistic medicine, anyone who has written any books on being Vegan, doing Keto, or other lifestyle diets.
    Looking for Dr. who study bio-organic farming, Bio-Mechanics.

Upcoming: we have a few guests who have overcome overwhelming odds.
    For Example:

We have a Ghost Recon From the Special Forces he will be talking about how he survived on the land in unknown areas, We have to give him a "codename" and can't have any film or photography.

We have a woman who is coming down to talk about being sex trafficked all over the world.

4 Gold Medalist Gymnastic Winner

hrm.. but hey... can I sign up under your down line?
    Yeah, all this means nothing without any evidence or credibility. You literally fit the stereotype of the late 20's 'entrepreneur'. You claim some sort of intelligence or try to make people believe you are, but you can see evidence of the opposite in the way you type and your speech. Please, go focus on your next 'make x amount of money quick scheme' by listening to your favorite spiritual coach, and leave these game forums alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So the real question is if you had all the money in the world, or could simply work from home, or had what you NEED and some things you want, THEN WHAT?

That prospect terrifies people more than people like yourself realize.
    I hear ya on this, my life has spun out over the past few months (probably why I'm pissing away more time on this place than I ever have before) and this is exactly where one of my gears stripped and just started spinning. Not to say I have all the money in the world, just that there was once a state where I had a vision for this, and now there is a state where I do not. Certainly your thoughts are more practical minded and useful than the flimflam man's, so appreciated.

Weird flex but okay
    S.H.

-snip
    You must have missed the link I posted earlier for “proof”. Go do some “research” instead of passing misinformation.

I never claimed to be Intelligence , or smart, you are literally making stuff up now... stating facts as opinion.

I am a 2x college drop out because I never understood why there was only one way to get the results the professor wanted.

why couldn’t I search the internet for an answer to a question I didn’t remember or ask a friend.

School is just about memorizing.

Its not about thinking outside the box.

It’s actually pretty limiting.

Most jobs say congrats on the degree, now this is how you are going to do your job.

You never learn about how to invest, network or have confidence in school.

I recently tried to go back 2 years ago and didn’t understand why I had to take an accounting class that I am already paying my CPA to do my book keeping and accounting, I should just get an A in the class because I am already hiring someone to do it for me.

Education today is outdated and over priced for a piece of paper that most people don’t even use in their line of work.

Education is time gated.

Mentorship is going to over take traditional education soon, I would say in the next 5-10 years.

We are already seeing signs in which people like
    Gary Vee
    Dr. Marshall Goldsmith
    Tony Robbins
    And many others

Will charge tens of thousands tonmentor you for 1 month, 6 months ? A year? And you will get more out of that time span than ANY 4 year degree.

Plus would also have a much higher ROI than any degree.

And you know what.. it’s faster, less expensive and hands on experience with leaders In the field.

So, sure I put in the work now because I don’t want to work all my life.

I don’t want to have to work till I am 65+ plus to make ends meet.

I am not satisfied with a 3% raise for cost of living.

And more of all, I’ll have only myself to blame if I were to fail.

I can’t place blame on someone else because I wasn’t successful or I was let go from my company.

But hey... if it makes you feel better about yourself to bring people down then sure, you are better than me in every way .
    You are superior and you are right about every opinion you stated earlier and all the judgements you made.

You win buddy, congrats, does it make you feel better? What did you win? +1 Internet Points for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I hear ya on this, my life has spun out over the past few months (probably why I'm pissing away more time on this place than I ever have before) and this is exactly where one of my gears stripped and just started spinning. Not to say I have all the money in the world, just that there was once a state where I had a vision for this, and now there is a state where I do not. Certainly your thoughts are more practical minded and useful than the flimflam man's, so appreciated.
    Yeah, there is no end to the amount of worthless advice that exist and people that dispense it who have no earthly idea of what they are talking about, either because they are looking to sell you something that cost more than they are willing to mention, or because they mean well, and want to sell you something they bought.

I don't give advice for this reason, nor do I subscribe to any silly steps, or mantra or any of that other nonsense. I don't give advice because it simply isn't free it has to be earned through a life lived.

The real question is how do you trust information from anyone who has never been where you have been, lived what you lived, or feel how you feel having lived it. Not knowing everything doesn't mean not knowing anything.

However, most of the nonsense in the OP's list isn't knowing anything.

If knowledge has ever been worth anything for me, it cost something, money, time or mind.

That is why knowing what I want helped me make better choices, otherwise if I am just making choices just to see where the road takes me, then I am on the wrong path. I have done that shit when I was really much much younger, I know where the roads lead, more importantly I know where I want to go and where I don't. That has actually gotten where i wanted to go, now I am just satisfied to keep learning and improving.

I think if spinning your wheels is something you need to do, then you'll likely keep doing it until you don't want/need to.

In general Being in the place you are mentally, physically or emotionally might not be the same place as everyone else, sometimes that means being alone, and not having rules, or manuals or scripts to bail you out either.

I also think being able to critically think, and problem solve alone is valuable. For me that is when I realize what I wanted and didn't and became more comfortable in my own skin.

My Kick in life is I love learning, meaning really learning things, not feeling rushed, or pressured. Reading and researching a lot about biology as it relates to genetics and medicine, I would never have imagined how fun that could be, or learning how to fly a plane.

At some point I'd like to learn a new language, Chinese I think.

Bottom line is knowing what you want, I think is the scary prospect for most.

I know plenty of people who run successful business's they all still struggle with what they want. I don't and the people I know who are the most successful don't and it isn't about money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis