Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Do you think Children are "Freaking Out" to much about Climate Change

Being a kid is supposed to be FUN.. no worries ..no cares

I don't know what the teachers are teaching them , but a lot of them now appear to have anxiety problems due to the "Bogeyman" called Climate Change.

Children, who should be at school are starting to skip school & protest about Climate Change.

Its seems now Children will not be able to enjoy their youth, without being anxious about Climate Change.

This may cause mental health issues further down track.. maybe even cause a new Terrorism to come about.. "Environmental Terrorists".
    When children become grown ups.. to bomb polluters .. bomb farms with cows.. bomb power stations. They will be radicalised.

What should be done to sooth Children's fears about Climate Change?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-walk-protest/

As they began to make their way through the streets of cities across the country on Friday morning, singing songs and holding hands, the school children and their long-suffering parents protesting against climate change resembled a rather long walking bus.

In Westminster, the day had begun innocently. An eight-year-old boy carried a sign saying: “Be cool, be green, not a dinosaur.” When asked what he thought the world would be like when he was older he replied earnestly: “Burning.”

Inspired by the by the Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, who protests every Friday outside Sweden's parliament to urge leaders to tackle climate change, British teenagers filled the streets outside the Houses of Parliament with hand painted placards reading “there is no Planet B”.

The collapse of civilisations is a vital exceptional circumstance."

In Belfast, a small but passionate crowd of young people gathered outside City Hall.

Maia Willis Reddick, a 17-year-old student at Belfast's Methodist College, said her school had been supportive of her joining the protest.
    She said: "Us leaving school means we show we value the climate the same as we value our education.

"We are still very conscious about school. I have A-levels, I have stuff to do, we just want to make the point that we are willing to take drastic action in order to highlight the problems of climate change."

Out of everything to 'freak out' over, climate change is probably the most rational.

Meh gives them something to do. Worse ways to spend ones time.

It's pretty damned rational, and apparently needed for the adults to realize that the planet isn't just about their own existence.
    Beats the crap out of being told to duck and cover beneath the school bench in the event of a nuke, since Climate change won't happen out of the blue without the little person having power to change things.

Not to mention being fearful due to being born a sinner and destined for Hell unless repenting... My dad 'members his childhood anxieties with dread.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-02-16 at 03:27 AM.

Seeing as how they are the ones that will be dealing with the consequences of the choices we have been making over the past two decades I'd say their worries are entirely rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Out of everything to 'freak out' over, climate change is probably the most rational.
    this- From ANY perspective you want to take climate change is #1 concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    The extreme weather we're experiencing lately seems like proof enough that climate change is a real concern. We Americans get a deep freeze while Austrians cook alive. That's the sorta thing you'd expect from climate change. Wasn't 2018 the fourth hottest year on record? These just keep happening one after the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't which is why I have spent the a lot of time investing in clean drinking water, and donating to causes for it. Water is LIFE. Which is along with a lot of other resources being destroyed for future inhabitants.

Older people like me can afford to care less and less, we likely might not be alive to live in the literal hell on earth that this planet will become if Stupidity continues to be something everyone finds funny, or entertaining.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Seeing as how they are the ones that will be dealing with the consequences of the choices we have been making over the past two decades I'd say their worries are entirely rational.
    Get a grip. Over the last two decades my generation has done a lot for the climate. Not Enuff for sure, but we have done our best to try and reverse what the baby boomers have done. Millennials need to shut up and actually get to work. But of course it'll be left to gen z to finally complete what we started. I have hope for them. They seem pragmatic, industrious, and they will save us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

damn 93% of climate scientist are children. who knew

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lol, I guess shooting up schools isnt the biggest threat to the Gen Z zombies eh?

Who knew

I remember “freaking out” over y2k when I was 9. Kids listen and whatever the adults are afraid of, they will be.

Of course not.

I think they complicate matters too much and make detailed predictions that may not happen but we know with all certainty that it isn't good, not good at all.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Lol, I guess shooting up schools isnt the biggest threat to the Gen Z zombies eh?

Who knew
    OP is mostly referencing European children.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I remember “freaking out” over y2k when I was 9. Kids listen and whatever the adults are afraid of, they will be.
    Well, Y2K was a serious problem. The reason nothing bad happened is because people took it seriously and addressed it in a timely fashion. Such is not happening with climate change.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

"Freaking out" about how previous generations fucked you over is hardly irrational. These kids are going to have to deal with the repercussions of global industrialism more than any generation yet. Their concern is a good omen if anything.

They're right to protest. The people who have the power to actually change things will do nothing otherwise.

Hell, they should be rioting. We should all be rioting. Some fuckers are racking up more money that they can spend in ten lifetimes while they're destroying the planet for everyone else.

There are smaller things people could do that would have more impact in reducing pollution than all the pie in the sky nonsense solutions to climate change. Instead of using all the fear surrounding the climate, we should be looking at the pollution and ways to actually reduce it. When you look at the Paris climate agreement, it basically was designed to let the biggest polluters to keep on polluting while marketing it as some amazing deal. I don't really care about the "climate change" moniker and instead wish we'd just get back to talking about pollution and real ways to reduce it and not crazy crap such as no more planes, rebuilding all the buildings (which would expel HUGE amounts of greenhouse gasses), eliminating gas based engines for cars (FYI in some areas electric cars actually output more pollution in gas depending on where the power comes from and at point it is just a feel good investment), or just offsetting it "carbon credits" that achieve nothing.

I would prefer obtainable methods of reducing pollution instead such as:

1. Work at home opportunities. If office workers could work at home 2 or 3 days a week minimum, then that would reduce car emissions considerably. There will be some jobs that this doesn't work for, but for many corporate office jobs, it is fully viable in many cases. It would also help alleviate traffic woes if down on a large scale and improve air quality. It would also be a boon for parents with kids being able to work from home to watch them more often in their early years.

2. Nationwide bottle bills - this helps greatly increase recycling rates and eliminates a huge amount of litter.

3. Sanctions against the biggest polluting nations. The middle east and Asian are all huge polluters and yet none of them are sanctioned and are often excuses as "developing" nations and given a pass. When developing, I feel that would be the best time to invest in clean technology instead of having to replace it later. Although considering the elite of the world, they would actively work against this.

Those are just a few thoughts. Maybe private jet owners should also be given a huge tax as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeees, the last thing children need to be worried about is their planet burning down around them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I’d rather have my daughter be worried about climate change than about hell.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis