Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The only reason the prohibited actions had changes was for 2 reasons.

1. Harassment on over the top topics was getting out of hand as of late. And let's not deny there are things that are pretty sick to say to someone even online.
    2. It's to avoid anyone trying to get out of it with loopholes.

I just hate people like Az. They blow whatever the current critique/issue is out of proportion so they can further their channel and there are sadly people who eat that up. It's bad enough he goes around doing it with WoW but seriously now he's doing it with this game?
    In my opinion the way to deal with people like that, and how I've always operated, is to ignore them.

With him its much easier to do considering during the WoD flying issue that he was going batshit insane over, I tweeted at him once disagreeing that putting flying back into the game(Which I even agreed with him over) behind various achievements was fine, and was subsequently blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Because between the multitude of people I know personally who play it, the multitude of places with FF14 news that I follow, and the frequency that I visit fan forums about the game I haven't heard about it a single time.
    There was big thread on Reddit about it, so I don't know how you managed to miss it. IMO it's just reasonable continuation of their thought police policy on official forums, which was ridiculed multiple times even in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There was big thread on Reddit about it, so I don't know how you managed to miss it. IMO it's just reasonable continuation of their thought police policy on official forums, which was ridiculed multiple times even in this thread.
    Oh I did see that, that's the freakout? I mean I saw the official article, not the freakout that I guess was being had.

I dont even know whats objectionable about it.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-02-16 at 11:56 AM.

Oh I did see that, that's the freakout? I mean I saw the official article, not the freakout that I guess was being had.

Basically people blowing it out of proportion in some comments.

The change was made just so people can't get around account action with loopholes. And because ingame harassment had seen a rise according to the live letter.

The change was made just so people can't get around account action with loopholes. And because ingame harassment had seen a rise according to the live letter.
    That's unfortunate. I don't think I've had a single bad social interaction in some 400+ hours of playtime.

But yeah now that I read it again, I still don't get the problems with it.

It just seems like the same people who scream about 'ess jay dubyas' blowing something else out of proportion again. Oh dang you can't scream f*ggot or n*gger anymore or be an intentional cunt without punishment. WHAT SNOWFLAKES SQUARE ENIX HAVE BECOME.

I swear the second I hit 30 a switch flipped in my brain where I've just completely lost any amount of caring about these whining children screaming and crying that they can't be assholes to people "for the luls" without being punished anymore. I'm actually a tad annoyed that I was even made aware of this situation, I would have been happier being blissfully unaware about said whining children :P
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-02-16 at 12:00 PM.

That's unfortunate. I don't think I've had a single bad social interaction in some 400+ hours of playtime.

But yeah now that I read it again, I still don't get the problems with it.

It just seems like the same people who scream about 'ess jay dubyas' blowing something else out of proportion again. Oh dang you can't scream f*ggot or n*gger anymore or be an intentional cunt without punishment. WHAT SNOWFLAKES SQUARE ENIX HAVE BECOME.

I swear the second I hit 30 a switch flipped in my brain where I've just completely lost any amount of caring about these whining children screaming and crying that they can't be assholes to people "for the luls" without being punished anymore. I'm actually a tad annoyed that I was even made aware of this situation, I would have been happier being blissfully unaware about said whining children :P
    Pretty much. It's just intended for those harassing.

The changes were just made to give better clarity. Not to go "full ess jay dubyas"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-16 at 12:07 PM.

Vague rules like banning 'Expressions that compel a playing style' mean that you are probihited to ask ice mages to cast some fire spells or ask healer to do damage. 'Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion' is just batshit insane, that means you are not even allowed to disagree with someone (though, ironically, that means you can report those "you don't pay my sub" people, which contradicts the previous rule).
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

This is the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen. Yes I'm aware that this Youtuber does this kind of crap for clicks but talk about blowing the whole situation flat out of proportion. I mean it's bad enough he was doing it for WoW now he has to do it for this game?
    He does have a minor point; the wording of the changes is vauge and potentially open to abuse. It's something that Squenix should have done better with to avoid this kind of reaction. Naturally any Youtuber who looks at them is going to come up with a clickbait "outrage" video to drive traffic to their channel, but that's just the nature of the platform. Every angry gamer on the platform does the exact same thing, it's a completely predictable reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I'm a huge dark souls fan, but I always strictly play them offline and solo. I just like the experience that way. I love when I get a new one and I play late at night all alone just exploring crazy environments and bosses.
    I prefer to play Dark Souls alone too, it loses a lot of the danger when you've got people to bail you out. Sadly, summoning friends to help with a boss is the closest point of reference I have for MHW at the moment. I've got MHW on Steam, but it's quite far down my backlog at the moment. I might have to bump it up the queue, but I'm currently half way through watching One Punch Man. It's going to have to wait a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Vague rules like banning 'Expressions that compel a playing style' mean that you are probihited to ask ice mages to cast some fire spells or ask healer to do damage. 'Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion' is just batshit insane, that means you are not even allowed to disagree with someone (though, ironically, that means you can report those "you don't pay my sub" people, which contradicts the previous rule).
    Yeah not going to play the slippery slope game. Every single time a rules update like this happens, people with comments exactly like this come out of the woodwork pretending the end is nigh.

And literally every time nothing changes except the the toxicity is reduced by some amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes were just made to give better clarity. Not to go "full ess jay dubyas"
    What changes are we talking about, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What changes are we talking about, exactly?
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...216f5aef769c60

Basically people are crying "SJW" and over-reacting to it as if it's the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link, El.

I agree that there is a lot of room for interpretation here. TOO much, if you ask me.

In Final Fantasy XIV, obstructive behaviour that has an adverse impact on other users' game play and on service operation is prohibited.
    Could basically mean anything. Standing within an NPC with a big mount is also "obstructive behavior". Should we really have GMs ban people over this or should SE create systems that neutralize that kind of behavior, like putting NPCs on pedestals.

Expressions that significantly lack consideration for another person
    Could be anything.

Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion
    Completely idiotic, if player A says "Nazis were awesome!11" and I state "Your opinion is wrong" I get actioned for "unilaterally rejecting his opinion"?!
    If player A says "spell X after spell Y does more damage!11" and I state "nope, wrong opinion again, here is your mathematical proof of the contrary" I again can get actioned for rejecting his opinion?!
    Expressions that any reasonable person would find offensive
    Again: could be absolutely anything the GM or the other player don't happen to like.
    Expressions that compel a playing style
    Eeh, can anybody explain that? How does an expression compel a playing style? Oo
    An expression can DESCRIBE a playstyle but not compel another player to do it.
    Expressions that attempt to unilaterally exclude someone from the game or content/community, etc.
    So, saying "your performance is inadequate to raid with our group" falls under that? After all I am excluding the player in question.
    Expressions that contravene public order and morals
    1) who defines that?
    2) That varies from country to country and servers have mixed populations. No way to realistically enforce that.
    Other expressions that are offensive to another person
    Again, could be anything. You saying "Miqo'te are ugly" may be offensive to me.

That IS offensive.. don't say it! <_<

This means obstructing another person's game play by intentionally leaving the game or disconnecting from the server.
    There is no way for them to verify whether a DC is intentional or not.

"MPK" means the act of sending a monster towards another person so that they are knocked out, or obstructing another person's game play.
    Erm.. okay, that one is probably due to Eureka. Can kinda understand it, doing it once or twice is fun but some people have been doing that for the entire run.

In summary, I have to say, these rules do not create a safe space. These rules are too vague to be applicable, are over the top and create a space in which people are afraid to say much, because someone, somewhere might find something "offensive" and the GM might be in a foul mood and agree.

This goes way beyond "don't be an ass to other people".

Note to self: stop the baguette jokes....
    Last edited by Granyala; 2019-02-16 at 01:10 PM.

Can the slippery slopes be made elsewhere, like that stupid video, and not here?

MMO-Champion has enough threads about fake controversies over how 'ess jay dubyas' are creating the next online safe space at the expense of freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the slippery slopes be made elsewhere, like that stupid video, and not here?
    No.
    I do believe that these rules are formulated far too vaguely in order to be effective.

No.
    I do believe that these rules are formulated far too vaguely in order to be effective.
    Then can you go complain with the rest about your slippery slope and how the state of online communication in ff14 is about to be destroyed by the snowflakes elsewhere instead of clogging up yet another thread with that reactionary nonsense.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2019-02-16 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then go complain with the rest about your slippery slope and how the state of online communication in ff14 is about to be destroyed by the snowflakes elsewhere instead of clogging up yet another thread with that reactionary nonsense.
    How is stating that these rules are formulated beyond vague "reactionary nonsense"?

I didn't react to anything, I merely looked at the texts and stated what I find problematic/unrealistic about them.

Ultimately, we do not know how harshly SE will police them, if at all (how often did you report s/o in an MMO and nothing ever happened).
    Maybe the GMs are very lenient, maybe they will be ridiculously strict but it is this uncertainty that makes people feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

This is a forum about discussion not about "posts that Necroxis likes".

I really don't want to link this here but.......

This is the biggest load of tripe I've ever seen. Yes I'm aware that this Youtuber does this kind of crap for clicks but talk about blowing the whole situation flat out of proportion. I mean it's bad enough he was doing it for WoW now he has to do it for this game?

It's because of garbage clickbait like this that some people may not want to pick up the game. Hope he just sticks to WoW in the future.
    From what i understand that guy is a dude who spent most of the 2010's sofa surfing and now lives on welfare playing games all day. We all know how much youtube loves the outrage clickbait algorithm and it looks like another case of someone chasing the outrage culture meme like some kind of parasite or remora like yongyeah or any other of the 1000's of these gossip rag vlogs.

But no matter how often you click the "I DONT LIKE THIS, STOP SHOWING THIS SHIT" you watch one mmo video and its this guy or "azmongold reacts" trash flooding your recommendations.

This is a forum about discussion not about "posts that Necroxis likes".
    There's no discussion. Its bitching about a slippery slope fallacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no discussion.
    I don't expect any from you because all you do is whine about stuff you dislike. Funny how that works, eh?
    @Eleccybubbs answer is what interests me more because he seems to agree unilaterally with these new rules and I'd like his thoughts on the passages I linked (the rest of the rules was fine).

I don't expect any from you because all you do is whine about stuff you dislike. Funny how that works, eh?
    @Eleccybubbs answer is what interests me more because he seems to agree unilaterally with these new rules and I'd like his thoughts on the passages I linked (the rest of the rules was fine).
    Yes congrats I dislike when fake outrage mongers flood more threads than the already obnoxiously high amount on this forum feigning offense at a nothingburger and then proceed to spout the shallowest slippery slope fallacies as possible as to why this new thing is worth freaking out over.

Your attempts to bring up other topics are cute, though.