Thread: Any ETA yet?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Im thinking july 2nd, simply to mess with ff14 expansion release

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Im thinking july 2nd, simply to mess with ff14 expansion release
    Probably but eh. I'll probably come back and play but unlikely.

FF14 for me is just a better MMO and an older game launch isn't really going to detract my attention personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There has been no updates to "Summer 2019" since Blizzcon. I'm slightly annoyed too, want to take a vacation, but can't since I don't know the date.
    I don't blame you man i'll be taking some time off for diablo 4 in 2020. Far worse reasons to take time off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Probably but eh. I'll probably come back and play but unlikely.

FF14 for me is just a better MMO and an older game launch isn't really going to detract my attention personally.
    I hope they dont make me choose between the 2, ff14 will win hands down bc i need my story fix

I hope they dont make me choose between the 2, ff14 will win hands down bc i need my story fix
    FF14 will win hands down over WoW right now for 2 reasons.

1. WoW right now is just a game I don't enjoy. (This is more aimed at the current game admittedly)
    2. I can't say I'd want to spend time playing an older version of the game when there is something new for me to play right there.

Not that Classic is bad god no. It's just I don't feel keen on really going back to that style of MMO. I mean I am keen to try Classic out as I never played that game specifically (was an FF11 player when WoW came out) but I mean as I said if Shadowbringers is out by the time Classic is out then Shadowbringers hands down.

FF14 just offers a far superior experience than today's WoW does imo. But that's of course subjective.

wow classic july 16th

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

blizzard has 1 "world of warcraft sub" that covers both classic and modern wow.
    either you pay the 15$ a month to play modern
    15$ a month to play classsic
    or 15$ a month to play BOTH
    That sucks as I don't play retail anymore and I'm not sure if only classic is worth 15$ a month. I would have been oke with a reduced subscription fee for only classic, 7$ a month sounds fair to me.

On the other hand, for the first time in 15 years I'm getting used to not playing WoW anymore thanks to BFA and all the shit acti-blizz is pulling off lately. It makes me doubt if I'm willing to pay them 15$ a month for classic.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    That sucks as I don't play retail anymore and I'm not sure if only classic is worth 15$ a month. I would have been oke with a reduced subscription fee for only classic, 7$ a month sounds fair to me.

On the other hand, for the first time in 15 years I'm getting used to not playing WoW anymore thanks to BFA and all the shit acti-blizz is pulling off lately. It makes me doubt if I'm willing to pay them 15$ a month for classic.
    Classic was worth 15 back in 2004 to you. And 15$ is worth far less now then it was back then. So what is your issue?

Let's face it. That sub is solely for retail. Classic is just a side project to them and maybe about 3$ of that sub.

Imo Classic should be cheaper or it's own separate sub. But well Blizzard need that money on top of releasing a mount every 2-3 months now.

Honestly while I want to come and give Classic a go as I never played it I don't really want to be subbed to the cesspit that is BFA either. Imo FF14 just offers a far superior experience at a cheaper price and so does ESO Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Classic was worth 15 back in 2004 to you. And 15$ is worth far less now then it was back then. So what is your issue?
    Back in 2004 classic received new patches and content, it's fair to pay for the development. Classic in 2019 doesn't get any new content when it's running on the newer WoW engine, server hosting also has become much cheaper than in 2004. It's just greedy to ask the full subscription fee for classic.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Back in 2004 classic received new patches and content, it's fair to pay for the development. Classic in 2019 doesn't get any new content when it's running on the newer WoW engine, server hosting also has become much cheaper than in 2004. It's just greedy to ask the full subscription fee for classic.
    classic will require time to get everything in and make sure it is updated.
    yes servers have become easier, but servers will also be MUCH higher quality then they were back then.
    15$ back in 2004 is 20$ now so your paying less then you did then.
    and again you are poaying 15 for both current and vanilla.

It's pretty much so they can say if Classic succeeds then WoW as a whole is with "MAUs". Nothing more or less.

I mean it's a smart move bundling it into one sub but let's face it the majority of that sub goes towards retail.

I'd rather not be forced to pay for something I have no interest in playing just to be able to try Classic out. So yes you are right there should be a cheaper alternative for those wanting a Classic only experience. But of course there are people who will fight you tooth and nail on it and try to tell you why you are wrong.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-17 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There has been no updates to "Summer 2019" since Blizzcon. I'm slightly annoyed too, want to take a vacation, but can't since I don't know the date.
    Welcome to my life, I was forced to schedule them so i just split them in june, august and September

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Welcome to my life, I was forced to schedule them so i just split them in june, august and September
    There has to be some update on a release date by end of March. Six months after that summer will be over!

July vacations are already booked at my work so I can't take anything off until August at the earliest now. But I will be shocked if classic is out before August anyway. I'm planning a week off to make the grind to 60. Hopefully I can make it in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    There has to be some update on a release date by end of March. Six months after that summer will be over!

July vacations are already booked at my work so I can't take anything off until August at the earliest now. But I will be shocked if classic is out before August anyway. I'm planning a week off to make the grind to 60. Hopefully I can make it in that time frame.
    Considering they have not updated us yet I would say it's more likely late august or September.. If it's not outright delayed

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that many are listing that the game is sub-based - anyone have a source on that? I expect it to be this but also expect them to fuck it up

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I see that many are listing that the game is sub-based - anyone have a source on that? I expect it to be this but also expect them to fuck it up
    Was announced at Blizzcon last year I think or around that time/shortly after. Classic is included with a current subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ephaen View Post
    Yea this timeline makes sense to me!! I hope Classic hits next year...
    Can’t wait for Cata 2025. will be the best year of our lives

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    You joke, but I think it's practically gauranteed that if Classic 2.0 is 'successful' then we'll get TBC servers that require you to pay to transfer to them thereby getting you to pay for the expansion a second time.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2019-02-17 at 05:46 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    When it comes to Cata, I can never tell if somebody is joking or not but I truly enjoyed Cata extremely much (being a Warlock, that might not be all that surprising). However I did skip on DS at the end, so that might also be why.