Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    we are just months away from California fire season
    Fortunately everything is very, very wet in California right now. So hopefully will be a milder fire season. Still will be dead trees though, but everything else should be less dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Fortunately everything is very, very wet in California right now. So hopefully will be a milder fire season.
    That's actually good news. Glad to hear it.

Of course, there's also hurricane season. And the head of FEMA doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

We don’t really know what season is ahead. Seattle had a state of emergency last week, because we had a near foot of snow drop, with a week of freezing temperatures. This shit has not been seen in 70 years... it’s why you never hear about Seattle having a lot of snow, despite it being known for rain. We don’t hit below freezing for that long.

I am just happy I got central air in the house. If we hit 90+ in the summer for that long... it will be another state of emergency in Seattle. We have a lot of forest that likes to burn as well.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Fortunately everything is very, very wet in California right now. So hopefully will be a milder fire season. Still will be dead trees though, but everything else should be less dry.

Wet winters lead to a boom in undergrowth. That's not exactly a good thing as far as fires go. It's good for their water security, not fire security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    More on the complete failure of Trump to maintain coal-fired plants in McConnell territory:

The TVA board has 7 members. Four of those seven, yes that's a majority just so you know where this is going, are Trump appointees.

Of those four, three voted to close one of the plants (Paradise #3) in a 6-1 decision.

And closing the other plant (Bull Run) was 7-0 so, yes, all four.

Not even Trump's direct action can make coal suddenly clean, profitable, or desirable. That result was lame-ass, limp-dick, and IMPOTUS.

And before you ask, yes, the coal mine owner who supplies these plants was a Trump donor. Was. I bet he's getting tired of winning.

And you'll be pleased to note, despite the plants being named Bull Run and Paradise #3, I gave up on a "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" pun because I just couldn't make it work.

More on the complete failure of Trump to maintain coal-fired plants in McConnell territory:

The TVA board has 7 members. Four of those seven, yes that's a majority just so you know where this is going, are Trump appointees.

Of those four, three voted to close one of the plants (Paradise #3) in a 6-1 decision.

And closing the other plant (Bull Run) was 7-0 so, yes, all four.

Not even Trump's direct action can make coal suddenly clean, profitable, or desirable. That result was lame-ass, limp-dick, and IMPOTUS.

And before you ask, yes, the coal mine owner who supplies these plants was a Trump donor. Was. I bet he's getting tired of winning.

And you'll be pleased to note, despite the plants being named Bull Run and Paradise #3, I gave up on a "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" pun because I just couldn't make it work.
    In regards to the Trump donor,that would be Robert Murray, and to quote John Oliver,"Eat shit Bob".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is now demanding the Nobel Prize because only he could have stopped the slaughter of three million people.

"The Wall?"

No.

"The opioid epidemic?"

No.

"That fat fucking dictator who pulled a snow job on Trump with a cheeseburger?"

Dammit. He's talking about Syria.

"Russia and Iran and Syria were going to go in and perhaps destroy 3 million people in order to get 45,000 terrorists. And I heard about it from a woman who had her parents and her brothers living there, and she said, ‘please, please,’ and I thought, and I said, ‘No, it can’t happen,’” Trump continued. “And I put out a statement that ‘you better not do it’… And in all fairness to Russia and Iran and Syria, they didn’t attack.

“This administration does a tremendous job and we don’t get credit for it,” Trump said.

The president has previously claimed credit for stopping the offensive against Idlib, and he has said that one woman, New Jersey cardiologist Rim Al-Bezem, had informed him about the issue. The activists had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Republican political campaigns in order to gain access to the president, according to reports.
    "Wait, money? Why am I not surprised."

Indeed. Also, let's not forget Trump ceded Syria to Russia anyhow. If he claims he stopped the slaughter of three million people by his presence...then he leaves...in what way was it stopped?

But that's secondary to the main point. Trump could just as easily "prove" he got the sun to rise by yelling at the moon. Also, the fact that he claims Russia was ready to slaughter three million people doesn't sound like someone who wants better relations with Russia. Whom Trump flat-out admits is run by a killer, and doesn't care. So this claim is not just ridiculous, but it's also out of character.

Trump is now demanding the Nobel Prize because only he could have stopped the slaughter of three million people.
    Why does he want a worthless price anyway? That's what he said about it when Obama got one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why does he want a worthless price anyway? That's what he said about it when Obama got one.
    Because he is a narcissist who needs constant adoration and validation and he is likely jealous that President Obama got one.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Because he is a narcissist who needs constant adoration and validation and he is likely jealous that President Obama got one.
    We all know this. I'm throwing it out there more as a headscratcher for our resident trumpanzees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not Trump's words but...
    Ah, you're talking about the Munich Security Conference Pence attended because Trump was busy dealing with the logistics and legal requirements of his national emergency golfing and tweeting at Mar-a-Lago. When Pence addressed the crowd to convey greetings from Trump, he was met with silence.

Wanna see the video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If the US think they can sell us on another war based on lies just recently after they dragged us into one in which they failed to rally support for it.

I got a few bridges to sell. Destabilizing Iran would be harmful to the security of the EU. Just as it was with Iraq and Syria.

"He told me he was so close to starting a big war with North Korea," Trump says of Obama. But Obama aides say he never told them that nor were military options under serious consideration. https://t.co/eAVyi6vlRF
    https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/st...315792385?s=19

Geezus, this lying PoS!

So the Orange Turd is telling people he had first person conversation, where Obama told him he was really, really close to war with North Korea.

Okay let's dissect this bs lie. First Obama would never disclose this, mainly cause he knew trump was a moron. He did and publicly stated that North Korea was immediate and most dangerous threat to the US.

Of course the Megalomaniac in Chief keeps claiming as a great victory that him being elected saved us from war. So maybe in his mind he believes it. Yet I say I believe most of the time as a conman, he knows the trumpkins can be fooled or listen to whatever he tells them.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If the US think they can sell us on another war based on lies just recently after they dragged us into one in which they failed to rally support for it.

I got a few bridges to sell. Destabilizing Iran would be harmful to the security of the EU. Just as it was with Iraq and Syria.
    There will be no war with Iran. Trump wants to get out of the Mid East as much as possible and the US has been pulling troops from the region as a whole, take a look how long there was no aircraft carrier present in the region not too long ago.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    There will be no war with Iran. Trump wants to get out of the Mid East as much as possible and the US has been pulling troops from the region as a whole, take a look how long there was no aircraft carrier present in the region not too long ago.
    Yes cause consistency is something the Trump administration is know for, if his cult following wants a war with iran he will be suddenly all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yes cause consistency is something the Trump administration is know for, if his cult following wants a war with iran he will be suddenly all for it.
    Right, and it's not like he said things like "NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

And, as always, by "didn't he" I mean "here is the link"

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    In regards to the Trump donor,that would be Robert Murray, and to quote John Oliver,"Eat shit Bob".
    There is a non-zero chance that Bob Murray will sue you for this post.

Ah, you're talking about the Munich Security Conference Pence attended because Trump was busy dealing with the logistics and legal requirements of his national emergency golfing and tweeting at Mar-a-Lago. When Pence addressed the crowd to convey greetings from Trump, he was met with silence.

Wanna see the video?
    So awkward. Did they really expect any applause for someone who consistently attacks his allies?

I like this particular quote that I found from reddit about how they think of Trump.

"A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
    * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
    * You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shiat. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

-Nate White

Right, and it's not like he said things like "NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

And, as always, by "didn't he" I mean "here is the link"
    I don't know what was worse with that. The fact he was all capsing like a 5 year old or the fact he actually thought Rouhani had any true power over Iranian policies that actually mattered that he needed to scream at him.

Trump UN ambassador pick, a former Fox News host, has withdrawn her name from consideration https://t.co/bkh69aiyse https://t.co/9VxqyJKiFG
    NEWS: Heather Nauert's nomination began to falter after the White House was alerted that a problem had cropped up in her background check —Trump’s pick for UN ambassador had employed a nanny who was in US legally but didn’t have a US work permit, sources tell me and @nwadhams.
    https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/...828093440?s=19

Hypocrite says what? Of course she claims her nanny was here legally it was just that damn paperwork. With this and her extreme under qualifications as Ambassador made another nomination by trump a joke.

How many of his nominations have not been qualified and really a joke?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!