Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    So Race to the Bottom of the Barrel it is?
    Nope

I guess you agree people should try eliminating even more emissions then.
    Sure, gradually. Adopting the fringe left attitude that we need to upend people's lives and society for a negligible benefit is, in my opinion, asinine, however.

yet we're still behind compared to some European countries as well as Canada.
    The US isn't behind Canada and is silly to compare the US to the EU in this regard. The EU has over double the population density the US has. Its far easier and FAR more economical to adopt mass transit both within cities and between cities in Europe relative to the US.

So you just want to make things worse?
    More like I don't want to make our own lives worse (significantly worse if the far left has its way) in exchange for a relatively insignificant benefit in the fight against climate change.

Yet plenty of Western countries are trying to lower emissions or have it as some a Goal.
    Every single one of those nations could meet their emissions goals and then some and it would accomplish absolutely nothing. For example, India is expected to double their carbon/equivalent emissions by 2030. To put that in perspective, the US and EU combined could reduce our emissions by 30% in that same time frame and JUST India alone would wipe out that reduction entirely with their emission expansion.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2019-02-16 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    where i exist weather is insane, even an 8 year old kid can see this isn't normal, egypt has a very severe cold climate these days that our buildings - that were never ready for months of near zero temp - are shrinking and that may cause a catastrophe in very short time
    how can u make a kid not panic about something he literally breath every second living? at least i hope that kids of this generation actually stand for global warming and stop the mega cooperation that are - alone - responsible for 90% of world pollution before it is 'too late' (also sadly most studies show we already crossed the point of no return)

- - - Updated - - -

Yet some European Countries have been able to cut emissions without diminishing quality of life as well as being even more green then the USA.
    most 1st world countries cut their emissions by moving their f8cked up factories and stuff to 3rd world country, last year (or 2 years?) in brazil a damn fell ruined insane amount of forest lands, literally killing 3% of world 'lung' in just 1 fall, due to work to a factory that is partially owned and controlled by UK, who didn't suffer a single thing from that act but a scapegoat from brazil carried all the sh8t
    UK literally f8cked entire world but no one blamed them because that happened in Brazil, there isn't a single 3rd world country that has free will, all are puppets under the mega cooperations of 1st world, i'm so 'glad' that UK is reducing their emissions by 0.001% while they f8ck my - and lot of 3rd world countries - by 1000% so UK government can look clean in eyes of public, and let the public yell and insult us even if i did try to move (and i did) i'll just get burned alive for dare to protest by guns that my government acquire from ur countries
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The democratic countries all need to vote in completly different, green-left governments, to even stand a chance at stopping the worst. And to really come down hard on the biggest polluting companies.

And press criminial charges on those in charge of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I think the ones with the power doesn't do enough about it, or even freak out. Hence a lot of children freak out because it feels like the ones with power doesn't even care.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I survived world war 6 and that swedish kid with autism got beated up cus she was wrong.

I think it’s worth pointing out that the debate over climate change to the extent that it exists is over the degree to which human activity contributes. It’s naturally happening on its own already. The question becomes how much can or should we slow that. Make no mistake however, even if humans were erased from the planet tomorrow, it would still be warming. It’s the hubris of humans that we assume we’re the cause of any change on this planet. It’s gonna do what it wants regardless of what we think.

I mean heck we’re in the middle of a brief warm snap in an ice age. Maybe long term we’re doing the right thing. It’s hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Being a kid is supposed to be FUN.. no worries ..no cares

I don't know what the teachers are teaching them , but a lot of them now appear to have anxiety problems due to the "Bogeyman" called Climate Change.

Children, who should be at school are starting to skip school & protest about Climate Change.

Its seems now Children will not be able to enjoy their youth, without being anxious about Climate Change.

This may cause mental health issues further down track.. maybe even cause a new Terrorism to come about.. "Environmental Terrorists".
    When children become grown ups.. to bomb polluters .. bomb farms with cows.. bomb power stations. They will be radicalised.

What should be done to sooth Children's fears about Climate Change?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-walk-protest/

As they began to make their way through the streets of cities across the country on Friday morning, singing songs and holding hands, the school children and their long-suffering parents protesting against climate change resembled a rather long walking bus.

In Westminster, the day had begun innocently. An eight-year-old boy carried a sign saying: “Be cool, be green, not a dinosaur.” When asked what he thought the world would be like when he was older he replied earnestly: “Burning.”

Inspired by the by the Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, who protests every Friday outside Sweden's parliament to urge leaders to tackle climate change, British teenagers filled the streets outside the Houses of Parliament with hand painted placards reading “there is no Planet B”.

The collapse of civilisations is a vital exceptional circumstance."

In Belfast, a small but passionate crowd of young people gathered outside City Hall.

Maia Willis Reddick, a 17-year-old student at Belfast's Methodist College, said her school had been supportive of her joining the protest.
    She said: "Us leaving school means we show we value the climate the same as we value our education.

"We are still very conscious about school. I have A-levels, I have stuff to do, we just want to make the point that we are willing to take drastic action in order to highlight the problems of climate change."

Maybe being what 20 ish yourself you missed the 50-60-70-80-90's?

Hide under your desk from the commies and the bomb!!!

Hippies are going to steal you from your parents and make you drug slaves!!!

Satanic panic you will get sacrificed as a kid to satannnnnn!

Cold war, Communist again......cause we had to recycle our boogymen during the late 80's

Stranger danger and the war on drugs....be careful kids you will get addicted to WEED!!!

Out of the all the boogymen during my life....at least climate change even if fake will still make a better world to live in.

etc etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    this- From ANY perspective you want to take climate change is #1 concern.
    Not even close. Eradication of diseases, repairing waterways from over-fishing, poverty, reducing the rate of child mortality in 3rd world countries, developing advanced agriculture to be able to release farm land for reforestation and ensuring clear water all over the world are just a handful of issues that are far more important than climate change.

I think they're right to be upset about climate change, considering it affects their lives directly, and their parents and grandparents are the cause.

The stupidity of the previous generations cannot be understated. You're simply an idiot if you vote for a political party that thinks climate change is a hoax. The health and safety of the world is far more important.

Sadly, most of them are complete tools, and vote on issues like gay marriage and guns. Things that, ultimately, don't matter.

In fairness to conservatives, I'd probably take the lazy way out too and blame some shadowy conspiracy of teacher/professor indoctrination instead of grappling with the fact that a whole lot of young people have rightly concluded that my entire value system - to which I, as one of their elders, owes my life and my identity, and which governs the world in which they find themselves - is absolute trash. Just a big ol' worthless shitpile.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Not even close. Eradication of diseases, repairing waterways from over-fishing, poverty, reducing the rate of child mortality in 3rd world countries, developing advanced agriculture to be able to release farm land for reforestation and ensuring clear water all over the world are just a handful of issues that are far more important than climate change.
    and all of those are effected by climate change in no small way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I think it’s worth pointing out that the debate over climate change to the extent that it exists is over the degree to which human activity contributes.
    No, it isn't. That debate was settled pretty conclusively more than a half-century ago, by scientists, and they've only refined that conclusion in greater detail since. There is no such "debate". There's science, which has consensus that human activity is the driver of climate change, and then there's climate change denier crackpots who can't accept the facts.

That isn't a "debate", any more than there's a "debate" about whether the Earth is flat.

It’s naturally happening on its own already.
    No natural vectors would be contributing significantly to warming at this time. None. If anything, solar variance suggests we should perhaps see some cooling, but so little it would essentially not be measurable.

The question becomes how much can or should we slow that. Make no mistake however, even if humans were erased from the planet tomorrow, it would still be warming.
    Yeah. We've put enough CO2 into the atmosphere that even if we stopped tomorrow, the change in atmospheric chemistry would continue to push temperatures higher for centuries.

That's the point.

It’s the hubris of humans that we assume we’re the cause of any change on this planet.
    No, it's basic fucking science.

You're no different than a flat-earther, pulling this kind of garbage argument.

Countries ending up becoming uninhabitable in a decade or so at this rate isn't a concern?
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-02-19 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, it isn't. That debate was settled pretty conclusively more than a half-century ago, by scientists, and they've only refined that conclusion in greater detail since. There is no such "debate". There's science, which has consensus that human activity is the driver of climate change, and then there's climate change denier crackpots who can't accept the facts.

That isn't a "debate", any more than there's a "debate" about whether the Earth is flat.

No natural vectors would be contributing significantly to warming at this time. None. If anything, solar variance suggests we should perhaps see some cooling, but so little it would essentially not be measurable.

Yeah. We've put enough CO2 into the atmosphere that even if we stopped tomorrow, the change in atmospheric chemistry would continue to push temperatures higher for centuries.

That's the point.

No, it's basic fucking science.

You're no different than a flat-earther, pulling this kind of garbage argument.
    Re-read my post. I didn’t say anything you seem to think I did. Besides you should know better than most nothing is ever ‘settled’ in fields of science. And you’re proving my point about hubris Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Re-read my post. I didn’t say anything you seem to think I did. Besides you should know better than most nothing is ever ‘settled’ in fields of science. And you’re proving my point about hubris Endus.
    When it comes to Climate Change its quite settled.

Ether we change how we do things or we kill the planet.

There is no gray area here at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I’d rather have my daughter be worried about climate change than about hell.
    QFT

I'd rather this coming generation cared enough to do what us fat old fucks didn't to prevent it. Go kids, go.

Crazy leftist (Marxist) teachers are trying to ruin generations of children with their propaganda and lies

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    When it comes to Climate Change its quite settled.

Ether we change how we do things or we kill the planet.

There is no gray area here at all.
    Yeah... about that killing the planet bit...

No

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Crazy leftist (Marxist) teachers are trying to ruin generations of children with their propaganda and lies
    Thanks for contributing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, kids want to grow up into a world that is habitable. Shocking.

Here's what we can do about children's fears about climate change: start doing something about climate change. Something serious. Invest in green technology. Reduce carbon emissions, things we should have done decades ago.
    Putin khuliyo