Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Yeah... about that killing the planet bit...

No
    And your proof of us not doing that is??????

Oh wait you don't have any proof and are clearly speaking out your ass. Like I said its already been settled, We improve things or we kill the planet.

Doesn't matter how much you want to ignore reality.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hard to be eager about the future when you're concerned you won't have a human habitable environment to raise your children in. We've already got countries where the smog is so bad you have to wear a facemask in public and a growing-to-continent-sized garbage patch hanging out in the pacific ocean.

We'll either work to make things better, or our apathy will continue to make things worse until we can't live on this planet anymore. And I don't see any readily available backups.

Oh I'm sure no matter how hard we try we won't destroy the planet. At worst, I'm sure the tardigrades will be fine.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-02-17 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah... about that killing the planet bit...

No
    Its not killing the planet, its killing the humans on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Re-read my post. I didn’t say anything you seem to think I did. Besides you should know better than most nothing is ever ‘settled’ in fields of science. And you’re proving my point about hubris Endus.
    Its as settled as Gravity and evolution are. Its up to those who deny it to disproof it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean heck we’re in the middle of a brief warm snap in an ice age. Maybe long term we’re doing the right thing. It’s hard to say.
    Natural climate change happens over way longer periods of time, its like not a single denier has ever even taken any classes on climate science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And your proof of us not doing that is??????

Oh wait you don't have any proof and are clearly speaking out your ass. Like I said its already been settled, We improve things or we kill the planet.

Doesn't matter how much you want to ignore reality.
    I'm not. You're inventing your own. Dunno what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its not killing the planet, its killing the humans on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Its as settled as Gravity and evolution are. Its up to those who deny it to disproof it.

- - - Updated - - -

Natural climate change happens over way longer periods of time, its like not a single denier has ever even taken any classes on climate science.
    I'm not denying anything but you guys are being way past hyperbolic. Its like you live in a fantasy land.

I'm not. You're inventing your own. Dunno what to tell you.
    And your source for me being wrong is?

Like I said you don't have any.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

When I was a kid the only thing I cared about was getting out of school and going to play with my family/friends, or playing video games when I got home, political discussion never even came up in any type of conversations until i was in late jr high and i think it was because of 9/11. I'm a firm believer in letting a child be happy for as long as they can, because when its time to be an adult, your life just gets flipped around and becomes far harder than you ever thought it would while growing up.

On one hand, It's good for kids to enjoy their fleeting childhood, on the other hand yeah I'd say they have a right to be worried about the state of the world when they're adults.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be long dead by the time climate change has any major effect on me, so I don't care really.

But kids should be in school, and if they refuse, send them to a juvenile detention centre. Kids these days get off too lightly with shit. Bring back mandatory national service for 2 years, teach them that the world is a shithole where being an entitled fuck should get you slapped silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-read my post. I didn’t say anything you seem to think I did. Besides you should know better than most nothing is ever ‘settled’ in fields of science. And you’re proving my point about hubris Endus.
    The arguments you were making were textbook climate change denial conspiracy nonsense.

The usual framing is that climate change denial has 5 "stages". https://sustainability.com/our-work/...change-denial/

In the post I responded to, you included Stage 2 denial, with a helping of Stage 5 for flavour. If you don't want to get called out for being an anti-science kook, try not making kooky anti-science conspiracy claims. Which you are.

It's no different than claiming that scientists aren't sure if the Earth is flat or not. Stop pretending otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Being a kid is supposed to be FUN.. no worries ..no cares

I don't know what the teachers are teaching them , but a lot of them now appear to have anxiety problems due to the "Bogeyman" called Climate Change.

Children, who should be at school are starting to skip school & protest about Climate Change.

Its seems now Children will not be able to enjoy their youth, without being anxious about Climate Change.

This may cause mental health issues further down track.. maybe even cause a new Terrorism to come about.. "Environmental Terrorists".
    When children become grown ups.. to bomb polluters .. bomb farms with cows.. bomb power stations. They will be radicalised.

What should be done to sooth Children's fears about Climate Change?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-walk-protest/

As they began to make their way through the streets of cities across the country on Friday morning, singing songs and holding hands, the school children and their long-suffering parents protesting against climate change resembled a rather long walking bus.

In Westminster, the day had begun innocently. An eight-year-old boy carried a sign saying: “Be cool, be green, not a dinosaur.” When asked what he thought the world would be like when he was older he replied earnestly: “Burning.”

Inspired by the by the Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg, who protests every Friday outside Sweden's parliament to urge leaders to tackle climate change, British teenagers filled the streets outside the Houses of Parliament with hand painted placards reading “there is no Planet B”.

The collapse of civilisations is a vital exceptional circumstance."

In Belfast, a small but passionate crowd of young people gathered outside City Hall.

Maia Willis Reddick, a 17-year-old student at Belfast's Methodist College, said her school had been supportive of her joining the protest.
    She said: "Us leaving school means we show we value the climate the same as we value our education.

"We are still very conscious about school. I have A-levels, I have stuff to do, we just want to make the point that we are willing to take drastic action in order to highlight the problems of climate change."
    You think children are meant to be oblivious to the world? I understand they should not feel that their environment is out of control, but sheltering them because they are suppose to be naive children is foolish imo. Don't confuse passion and interest for anxiety and fear. Its not like there's bombs going off, or a plague around killing half the people they know... They're not likely to have mental issues over fears of climate change.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it’s worth pointing out that the debate over climate change to the extent that it exists is over the degree to which human activity contributes. It’s naturally happening on its own already. The question becomes how much can or should we slow that. Make no mistake however, even if humans were erased from the planet tomorrow, it would still be warming. It’s the hubris of humans that we assume we’re the cause of any change on this planet. It’s gonna do what it wants regardless of what we think.

I mean heck we’re in the middle of a brief warm snap in an ice age. Maybe long term we’re doing the right thing. It’s hard to say.
    Where are you getting this? Do you not believe in gravity, a round earth, or the sun at the center either? It is widely accepted in the science community that humans are greatly hastening climate change in a manner that isn't normal for the Earth, and the numbers as far back as we can go (which is far) support this.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Get a grip. Over the last two decades my generation has done a lot for the climate. Not Enuff for sure, but we have done our best to try and reverse what the baby boomers have done. Millennials need to shut up and actually get to work. But of course it'll be left to gen z to finally complete what we started. I have hope for them. They seem pragmatic, industrious, and they will save us all.
    Not entirely sure what you're reading into that.

You are right that we've made leaps and bounds of progress, in America especially over the past 10 years or so but definitely worldwide with batteries and such.

None of that though changes the simple reality that whatever policies we put in today they will be dealing with the consequences, good and bad.

Same as my generation is doing with those of the baby boomers.

I think they should be worried about this stuff, but they shouldn't have to be worried about this stuff.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    Being a kid is supposed to be FUN.. no worries ..no cares
    I can't remember when they weren't scaring the kids. "Impending Ice Age" "Impending Global Thermonuclear War" "Federal Dept Will Cause Country to go Bankrupt and the Entire Infrastructure Will Collapse" "Democrat Policies Will Kill Us" "Republican Policies Will Kill Us"

So yeah, children are always been used to spread scare propaganda, and it's pretty disgusting and gross. Just not anything new.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember how we got rid of the hole in the ozon layer when i was young?

It works and entitled baby boomers should sit down and shut the fuck up. They are no longer relevant and simply part of the problem. You don't care? You don't have a say in the manner, few more decades and the worst generation of the last 200 years will have died out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I remember “freaking out” over y2k when I was 9. Kids listen and whatever the adults are afraid of, they will be.
    you don't know what you're talking about.

Y2K was a major, major threat. Companies spent billions by the hundreds to update their software and hardware and avoid system crash or weirdness like confusing 1900 with 2000 (both ending in 00). It was a small but serious problem. That being said, i don't recall being freaked out about it, just stated it's a major issue and need to be addressed.

When I was a kid it was all about the water table/planting trees, and littering/recycling. It's nothing new to introduce environmental agendas into the public school system, at least where I'm from. It would have been a little harder to keep people doing recycling as a habit over the years if it wasn't taught early and made fun for children. Those children are having children that have never lived in a world without the concept of recycling.

Climate change is a little tougher. There isn't too much an individual child can do to impact climate change. Climate change happens at the whim of the universe, and is exacerbated by human means. There's only so much one person can do to help when the biggest threats are out of peoples' control (nature itself, and powerful corporations/industry). Teaching kids to worry about it at a learning age at least keeps the conversation going for a generation longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I'll be long dead by the time climate change has any major effect on me, so I don't care really.
    This is a horrible outlook to have. How can you lack empathy for your fellow man like this? "Oh, sure, you guys won't be able to grow food and will lose your homes to natural disasters but it's not my problem."

Pathetic.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Climate Change is a hoax made in order so governments around the world can put even more taxes on companies making goods, so they can fund their marxists utopia. If people really care about young generation I would rather put emphasis on pharmacy companies and doctors are are stubborn to vaccinate sick newborns because they cannot wait for baby to get back to health, or to see that GMO will poison us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

I'm not denying anything but you guys are being way past hyperbolic. Its like you live in a fantasy land.
    Yeah, you're denying the effects it will have on human society.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Climate Change is a hoax made in order so governments around the world can put even more taxes on companies making goods, so they can fund their marxists utopia. If people really care about young generation I would rather put emphasis on pharmacy companies and doctors are are stubborn to vaccinate sick newborns because they cannot wait for baby to get back to health, or to see that GMO will poison us all.
    Terrible bait.