Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    it really is bad though
    This. Warfronts are just terrible. Darkshore just started on my server and I do it once per alt for the quest but after that? You'd have to put a gun to my head.

I am a Horde only player and the way they decided to make half the content faction exclusive basically means I only see 50% of the content. At least in old world the contested zones still had meaningful Horde quests there.

You back your argument with a few very good points, especially the point about having more faction specific content. That's a win/ win for everyone if done right cause it increases the chance players will play both factions. A big reason why BFA gets a bad rap is because it's following a very good xpac, it's kind of being a stand up comedian and following the late great Robin Williams act. I think where BFA truly fails is the class design because whether you raid, do mplus or pvp, it all comes down to whether or not the classes are fun to play and currently they're not with a few exceptions (demo, Surv and fire). I respectfully disagree with you, I think BFA is the worst xpac, even worse than WOD and Cata (at least class design in both didn't suck).

The entire point of the game is to get better gear so you can dominate other players.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I am a Horde only player and the way they decided to make half the content faction exclusive basically means I only see 50% of the content. At least in old world the contested zones still had meaningful Horde quests there.
    Since the beginning there have been alliance and horde only zones and storylines. In the RTS you didn't just play one faction and call it a day, or rather if you did you could expect to miss out on a lot of content.

Legion wasn't good, it only appeared that way after what they passed of during the previous expansion. As for BFA its a water down version of Legion with very poorly implemented features..

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The only good thing I can say is that it's starting to be less bad.

Art aside, because world design, music, cinematics, models, all art is great.
    Even the art is kinda disappointing, because all the gear looks bad and there are no class sets anymore.

True, it's not as bad as people say it is.

In fact, it is worse.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Since the beginning there have been alliance and horde only zones and storylines. In the RTS you didn't just play one faction and call it a day, or rather if you did you could expect to miss out on a lot of content.
    Quite true. It might be the only reason i will resub for classic, because in 2005 till Cata i played only horde and never experienced the Alliance side of the story of the pre-revamp world. If i do decide to resub (concerned that my sub will actually count as support to the current game design, which i absolutely loathe) it's gonna be to experience the Alliance side of classic only, which i missed out (and regretted it much later).
    /spit@Blizzard

I seriously tried to enjoy this expansion but the only fun I had was leveling my character to 120 the first time. There are lots of things to do in BFA but none of them are enjoyable or fun. Everything feels so pointless, it's all about mounts and toys and I don't care about them.
    Last edited by deviant010; 2019-02-16 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That's a very interesting point. I thought a lot about why they did this. Perhaps they realized that a lot of people play both factions and tried to lure in the remaining players to play both storylines. However they also tried to encourage the faction affiliation through the story and commercials. I think they just wasted a lot of potential there to create more content accessible for both factions right from the startof bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Even the art is kinda disappointing, because all the gear looks bad and there are no class sets anymore.
    I like the gear better than any of the freak shows in previous expansions. Legion had it mostly fine too. I rather have the four sets per warfront/raid anytime today, than the nonsense class sets in the past which everyone was mogging out of. Check how many people wear modern sets today - you will see many more running around.

But I agree that is subjective. Still even if I didn't like the sets I couldn't classify the art as a whole disappointing. They have outdone themselves in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I like the gear better than any of the freak shows in previous expansions. Legion had it mostly fine too. I rather have the four sets per warfront/raid anytime today, than the nonsense class sets in the past which everyone was mogging out of. Check how many people wear modern sets today - you will see many more running around.

But I agree that is subjective. Still even if I didn't like the sets I couldn't classify the art as a whole disappointing. They have outdone themselves in every aspect.
    I mean I do like some of the sets in BfA (the Alliance season 1 ones and the kul tiras gear), but we've got way less gear overall (main reason) and the other sets are 'meh' at best imo (I think that the Uldir sets are just bad), so that's why it's disappointing for me (or maybe I just expected too much).

But yeah, the very old sets are terrible imho. I stopped mogging these in MoP already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    I seriously tried to enjoy this expansion but the only fun I had was leveling my character to 120 the first time. There are lots of things to do in BFA but none of them are enjoyable or fun. Everything feels so pointless, it's all about mounts and toys and I don't care about them.
    Yeah same here. All of the repeatable content just isn't enjoying to me. It's all like Legion, but weaker and less innovative in every way and the new features (Island Expeditions might be interesting if they actually rewarded anything like gear and mats) just suck.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    its really that bad

It's terrible

BFA being sold on the features that no one likes:

- Warfronts, good once, boring twice, Insanely good content for all them bots / leechers who do nothing, gotta get that mythic ready ilvl for 0 work.
    - Islands, similar to warfronts, Good a few times, boring after, one island differs way to much from another to make them enjoyable, forced to farm if you return to expansion late and want to raid seriously.
    - new races, Some are not even released yet, despite them selling the game offering these races
    - AP, Neck, Yes it's similar to Azerite power and the weapons but they still did things miles better, you DID NOT lose powers with every "upgrade" you got from a boss, and there was a point where as long as you had 3 gold traits you was fine, and then came concordance which was the next breakpoint and so on. Right now you're constantly farming the neck, which they delayed catch up mechanic for between tiers.

For a player who plays the game for Raids and Mythic + the game is impossible unless i wanna lower my standards and raid in a more casual guild, nothing wrong with those who do but that's not for me, to raid in a guild raiding mythic and progressing at a decent rate you are expected to grind your neck daily doing the same WQ 300 times a month, You can't do what you enjoy because mythic + gives trash AP reward because ISLANDS took wow devs time, you must do them!.

Not to mention for some people, the cost of consumables is also an issue, potions are the main concern, so while farming your neck, you gotta farm gold but then you're wasting your precious AP grinding time, can't be having that.

Game requires too much right now, had a mate return and try out BFA, he did WQ's then log off for a week or two, whats the point.

You can say "it's really not that bad" about a lot of things but bfa was diagnosed with cancer before they rushed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    it really is bad though
    This.

The expansion is barely 6 months out and people are quitting in droves and are already reaching for the next expansion. BfA is THAT bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Wotlk was worse

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    That's a very interesting point. I thought a lot about why they did this. Perhaps they realized that a lot of people play both factions and tried to lure in the remaining players to play both storylines. However they also tried to encourage the faction affiliation through the story and commercials. I think they just wasted a lot of potential there to create more content accessible for both factions right from the startof bfa.
    I think that class campaigns motivated many people to level alts to see multiple class questlines, and it made levelling alts a bit less boring of course, and then they tried to duplicate it with faction content.

Problem is that playing another faction on an alt is for many people a bigger leap than playing another class, especially with Blizz pulling out all the stops to get the factions (And by extension, their players) at each other’s throats, so like many ideas in BfA, it seemed good on paper, but failed to work on live.

It really is that bad.

Toppled on top of the fact that the devs clearly do not care about making a good game anymore and Ion is about as competent as the people running Enron were well.... speaks for itself really.