Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    That's always been the spirit of PvP, or really any contest.

You might as well argue that Usain Bolt has a loaded deck and is noskill. "Loading the deck" to the max plus utilizing the deck is the skill.
    but it's different that is his skill. It's not like he's the only one wearing running shoes and everyone else has flip flops on - which is essential what twinking vs non twinking is.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    They were put back in when templates were introduced but after templates were removed, they never put it back. I believe it's because the fact that there are far more bad players than good players in the game and twinking is very appealing to bad players, it keeps them subbed. Take away things that bad players enjoy doing and you'll lose a big % of your playerbase.
    More bad players in the game than good players.

Bad players find twinking appealing.

If you took away the things the bad players liked, you'd lose a big % of your playerbase.

So before I point out what an incredibly thoughtless and ignorant argument you made, I'd like to point out that you could replace "bad player" with "majority" in your argument and it would read like this.

"The majority of players in the game find twinking appealing, it keeps them subbed. Take away the things that the majority of players enjoy and you'll lose a large portion of your subscribers."

...............duh? I mean, it's a falacious argument anyways, but you literally told yourself why you could be wrong, as you were saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    More bad players in the game than good players.

Bad players find twinking appealing.

If you took away the things the bad players liked, you'd lose a big % of your playerbase.

So before I point out what an incredibly thoughtless and ignorant argument you made, I'd like to point out that you could replace "bad player" with "majority" in your argument and it would read like this.

"The majority of players in the game find twinking appealing, it keeps them subbed. Take away the things that the majority of players enjoy and you'll lose a large portion of your subscribers."

...............duh? I mean, it's a falacious argument anyways, but you literally told yourself why you could be wrong, as you were saying it.
    Sure thing, fresh account.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't answer my question, but I think you got the point.
    Pretty sure I did answer your question actually. Bolt's amazing genetic makeup is comparable him twinking against other people in competition. The same can be said for Michael Phelps. Not everyone is created equal.

There are always those who blow the competition out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    but it's different that is his skill. It's not like he's the only one wearing running shoes and everyone else has flip flops on - which is essential what twinking vs non twinking is.
    Flip flops would be a penalty when running, no one is given penalties in BGs they're just not boosted to be comparable to others.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Sure thing, fresh account.
    Haha ok, yes clearly my having 221 less posts make me a total idiot. My bad, I must have forgotten.

Do you have anything to say about the actual argument now? Please give me your points for why I am incorrect and you are correct. I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    Haha ok, yes clearly my having 221 less posts make me a total idiot. My bad, I must have forgotten.

Do you have anything to say about the actual argument now? Please give me your points for why I am incorrect and you are correct. I am interested.
    It was a silly response. If the majority of players preferred it, there would be more than 2-3 per game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a silly response. If the majority of players preferred it, there would be more than 2-3 per game.
    Most people just aren't willing to put in the effort, as in everything else in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Just started leveling a character for the first time in years (always leveled my toons via bg/questing) and all these xp-off twinks are in the bg again!

Honestly the majority of times these 5man twink premades enter a bg the opposing team just afks in the gy, myself included. So retarded. Who made the decision (and when) to restore twinks to bg's?
    If you slap some enchants on your looms and fill all your slots with items you are more then decent and can kill them, the difference is the premade, even at 120 if you go 5 man with your healer and you have voice it's a sure win.

When i lvl-ed my warr i slapped crusader on my weapons and as fury you just destroy everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You mean like putting in the effort of actually competing against other relevant players on a level playing field?

Of course not.

Keep telling yourselves how amazing and dedicated you are to camp a lowbie bracket smashing newbies.
    I don't twink, but nice try. I also don't have a problem with people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I don't twink, but nice try. I also don't have a problem with people who do.
    I don't have a problem with it. I just think it's a little silly deliberately keeping yourself in a bracket where you know the majority of those you fight are levelers or new players instead of in a bracket where you know the majority of those you fight are experienced, seasoned and max level. Oh well, to each is his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with it. I just think it's a little silly deliberately keeping yourself in a bracket where you know the majority of those you fight are levelers or new players instead of in a bracket where you know the majority of those you fight are experienced, seasoned and max level. Oh well, to each is his own.
    I just don't see how it's really much different from geared vs un-geared players, and it's certainly no different than the way BGs were all the way up until templates were introduced (which only reduced it by a little bit).

You're going to get rolled by geared, seasoned and experienced players no matter what bracket you play in.

I just don't see how it's really much different from geared vs un-geared players, and it's certainly no different than the way BGs were all the way up until templates were introduced (which only reduced it by a little bit).

You're going to get rolled by geared, seasoned and experienced players no matter what bracket you play in.
    Geared vs un-geared where? At max level? You're already level 120 at that point. You're not leveling up anymore. And at that point, you're fighting all max level players, not banking on new players and rerolls. It's silly and I shake my head when I think about it but whatever, if a high schooler wants to beat up elementary kids and call himself a "competitive MMA fighter" then he has every right to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geared vs un-geared where? At max level? You're already level 120 at that point. You're not leveling up anymore. And at that point, you're fighting all max level players, not banking on new players and rerolls. It's silly and I shake my head when I think about it but whatever, if a high schooler wants to beat up elementary kids and call himself a "competitive MMA fighter" then he has every right to.
    But twinks don't call themselves MMA fighters. We're just talking about differences in gear at different points - plenty of people gear through dungeons and get way better blue gear than the quest greens available to them - should they not be able to queue against people who exclusively do quests or even just grind on mobs?

Besides, twinking is a faint shadow of what it used to be - you can't use completely broken enchants and things like that anymore to truly break your character the way you used to be able to. "Twinks" nowadays are hardly more than people who have gotten lucky with dungeon drops.

But twinks don't call themselves MMA fighters. We're just talking about differences in gear at different points - plenty of people gear through dungeons and get way better blue gear than the quest greens available to them - should they not be able to queue against people who exclusively do quests or even just grind on mobs?

Besides, twinking is a faint shadow of what it used to be - you can't use completely broken enchants and things like that anymore to truly break your character the way you used to be able to. "Twinks" nowadays are hardly more than people who have gotten lucky with dungeon drops.
    Oh geez, it's called a "comparison." Come back when you want to have an actual discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    far more bad players than good players in the game and twinking is very appealing to bad players, it keeps them subbed. Take away things that bad players enjoy doing and you'll lose a big % of your playerbase.
    I'd bet actual money that a majority of people still play simply to farm old content.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

y'all defending twinking like it's this skillful, totally fair thing lol

bitches i do twinking, and the reason i do it is because it's basically cheat codes. it's fun to be an asshole that no normal lowbie can touch.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    y'all defending twinking like it's this skillful, totally fair thing lol

bitches i do twinking, and the reason i do it is because it's basically cheat codes. it's fun to be an asshole that no normal lowbie can touch.
    Thank you for the ghetto honesty lol

I think *eventually* segmenting low level pvp between twinks and nontwinks is the goal. But the mistake was they needed to keep both groups together until the twink community got big enough to support it, which wasn't the case when they split them. It was growing fast but not there yet. Once it got big enough, split it off and give it its own endgame. You can design new features like custom tournaments and leagues for twink vs twink play with rewards.

Today, the playerbase is so small that the moment has passed.

But there's a lot of questionable crap that goes on at max level in pvp and pve. People ignoring arena until they find a broken comp to win cheap glad titles. End game raiding guilds server hopping to load up on auction house BoEs. Split raids. Its really strange to me that there is this negative perception of the vanilla honor grind and no one complains about all the massive amounts of time AND MONEY spent by current end game raiders to get ahead.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think *eventually* segmenting low level pvp between twinks and nontwinks is the goal. But the mistake was they needed to keep both groups together until the twink community got big enough to support it, which wasn't the case when they split them. It was growing fast but not there yet. Once it got big enough, split it off and give it its own endgame. You can design new features like custom tournaments and leagues for twink vs twink play with rewards.

Today, the playerbase is so small that the moment has passed.

But there's a lot of questionable crap that goes on at max level in pvp and pve. People ignoring arena until they find a broken comp to win cheap glad titles. End game raiding guilds server hopping to load up on auction house BoEs. Split raids. Its really strange to me that there is this negative perception of the vanilla honor grind and no one complains about all the massive amounts of time AND MONEY spent by current end game raiders to get ahead.
    The strange thing is, even before they split, twinks claimed their community was huge and booming. So when they didn't get queues after the split, they were either misinformed and their community was tiny or many refused to queue unless they had fodder bait to gib or the combination of both.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think twinking is stupid but they buy my Saltwater Pots so f it