Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For me, nothing about this expansion felt new. After about 2 weeks in, I felt like I was just playing a big Legion patch. Those first 2 weeks were fantastic, but then I couldn't muster the slightest desire to play. It's probably a combination of the lack of "newness" (for me) and just getting older. I've gone from playing roughly 4 hours a day 6-7 days a week to my first long-term subscription gap since TBC.

That said, I will never totally give up on WoW. I will almost certainly buy the next expansion and give it a try again. Hopefully whatever is catalysing my melancholy about the game right now will have faded by then.

Reward structure was changed and gameplay was changed. You may also have one of the other problems, which are more common across all expansions, such as bad class balance or bad lore.

You read through one of the threads dedicated to why BFA sucks, and you end up seeing a lot of complaints about the above.

Specifically on the reward structure, I feel the lack of long term and intermediate term goals hurt the game a lot(see legiondaries not being replaced, and tier gear being gone), and the gameplay above directly reference class design, the removal of the GCD, and removal of gameplay given by legiondaries, tier gear, and interesting trinkets.

Also, the novelty of new systems or classes can keep some people subbed, but in BFA the new Azerite system is uninteresting, the new content is generally considered boring(islands, and warfronts) and most other systems are carried over from legion. So you don't even really get the novelty/gimmick of something new, coming from Legion.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-02-18 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I would love to see sub numbers today ? And if they are low, does Blizzard understand what needs to be done in the next expansion to bring back Legion number of players, and keep them?
    I'm not sure that they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I am playing this game since launch and loved doing duels in front of og or getting new gear... the satisfaction I got out of it is slowly fading away.. its either cus of crossrealm/ no one cares anymore at all.
    Yeah, I dislike the cross realm even more than connected realms. On top of every other change to make things feel impersonal, it's like a double edged sword, also hurting the community. How do you make a name for yourself? And when you never have to see people again, you are bound to get more toxicity and less people looking to make friends.

It's funny, since BfA released, I may have done more old Legion content, and had more fun. I dusted off several level 100 to 110's that I wanted to get into BfA, but still never did their Class Hall stuff, and weapon appearance quests. I did the full Rouge, Warlock, and Mage Class Hall questlines this winter. and had a blast doing them. And then did a bunch of the weapon artifact appearance quests to unlock those Legendary appearances, and that too was fun times. And then recently just did the entire Suramar quest, I was only 2/11 Chapter's, and only had Honored Rep with Nightfallen, this month I completed it, and actually gave me something to do in WoW.

Why didn't Blizzard keep Class Halls? Just revise them, or fix what wasn't working well, and add to them what they learned.

BfA doesn't seem to have this cool stuff that Legion did, besides the typical Raids and Mythic+ weekly runs. I know they added Island Expeditions, and AFK-Fronts, I mean ( WarFront's ), but those are just so boring, and almost painful to force me to play through, and for what ? AP ? LOL Fuck AP. I'd rather watch paint dry.

I guess at this point, just waiting for 8.2 to actually have something brand new and fresh to play.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-02-18 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has turned into a "do all quests within a month and unsub" game. I would hop in from time to time, but 13 euros for maybe 10 Hrs a week? No thanks. I will stay unsubbed untill next expansion, do my stuff within a month and call it a day.

And this comes from someone who has been subbed non-stop from February 2006 untill February 2018.
    Last edited by TheDeeGee; 2019-02-18 at 07:59 PM.

I lost interest after WoD, had some fun in Legion but can't stand BfA so I went back to XIV

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I came back to Legion after 3.5 years of no WoW, because of the time gap, there was plenty I missed, to catch up, WoD content, Alts, Transmog, Legion Story/Mounts/Artifacts , and World Quests mostly. That lasted little under 2 years.

The game was already changed so much compared before when I quit (before Flex raiding and cross-realm), combined with the rewards coming from luck/quests/LFR, I had no incentive to go guild raid again as I'd done previously from Vanilla till half MoP.

Of course I could've put effort into finding a guild/organized raid but my days weren't as reliable to commit to a fixed schedule at the time, and I am not a person that goes pugging.

Now this could've easily be me growing past the game, but the identity of the game simply isn't the same anymore.

I still enjoyed the Legion content that I did but when I initially quit again in May 2018, I was "waiting out" BfA.

Classic, I got a mixed feeling about right now, on one hand I certainly am more interest in it then BfA, on the other, I did a lot of Vanilla already.

But now a new game is releasing next week I'll put a lot of time in because I actually WANT to play it. Custom-player made content is just way more fun to me right now over "waiting" how BfA might improve.

I still follow WoW more then I did 2013-2016, but mostly because I still have a soft spot for the "Warcraft" world.
    Last edited by Teri; 2019-02-18 at 08:06 PM.

I'm getting burned out for the following:

1.I hated the AP grind in Legion and I dislike it worse in BfA. At least in Legion it felt like grinding paid off somewhat. Waiting for the "big" catch up like in Legion which isn't a great answer but that's where I am at. Alt gearing is in a decent spot, but can't stress how much I dislike grinding the neck for the 2nd or 3rd time.

2. My guild. I used to not mind being the guild punching bag. A lot of my guild members I have either met IRL, have known IRL, or we've been raiding together for years. I get yelled at for calling out "taunt" repeatedly when the other tank isn't paying attention on mechanics that would otherwise kill me. I try to add my point of view and get told I am wrong when half the guild whispers me and agrees with what I said.

3. Raid mechanics and M+ are too hard for the average player. I am not saying I am the best player or anything, but almost every group, even groups with decent raider I/O scores are just not good. People buy runs and it shows.

i started losing interest when they added m0 level catch up gear from warfronts a few weeks into the xpac. there's so much free gear now that pushing difficult content feels meaningless. add that to the fact that classes are at their most boring state and there's nothing really enjoyable to do.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i started losing interest when they added m0 level catch up gear from warfronts a few weeks into the xpac. there's so much free gear now that pushing difficult content feels meaningless. add that to the fact that classes are at their most boring state and there's nothing really enjoyable to do.
    True. You can reach i385 EASY today, without ever once stepping foot in a Raid, and never running a Mythic+ dungeon. Just purely from World Quests, the Assualt's, and Warfronts, you can gear up so quick, and be close to [H]eroic Raid level gear, without ever once doing hard content like actual heroic Raids.

I'm in two different Guilds, my Horde Guild is actually pretty good, and they focus on heroic Raiding, and a do a good job. In my Alliance Guild, also very nice group, I just started raiding with them, and they can't even do Normal that well, wiping on bosses 3, 4 and 5 times. But they all have good iLvl's of i380+, but can't seem to run Normal raids. Doing that weekly is zero fun to me. A full Raid run will be 5+ hours. No thank you.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-02-18 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Another mention of reward structure and gameplay. Well put, I completely agree with you.

Other than the occasional warfront and LFR, I don't do any group activities in game, and I haven't done any meaningful grouped stuff for years. That's fine.

So I'm slowly levelling Allied Race alts up for the armor sets (no 'looms) and replaying WoD for the first time since it was released and damn....I'm enjoying it a lot. Maybe it's because I know I'll only be playing through it for a month or two, but the questing is outstanding. Also, I liked Garrisons back then, and they're still fun now, although not as lucrative. Likewise Legion content, but it's weird not having artefact weapon skills to level.

Bro. It's been 14 years.

Slowly? lol. 5,110 days is not slow.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Bro. It's been 14 years.

Slowly? lol. 5,110 days is not slow.
    LOL I know right? But, in Legion which was 12 years after launch, I was having a blast, and most enjoyment in WoW since Wrath era. I played Legion it's entire 2yr. run and loved it, only getting tired the last couple of months, just because it was end of expansion time. But 80% of Legion's time, I was having so much fun, and first time in years I was playing that much each night and every week.

So it's not because WoW is 14 years old, if Legion kept me glued and hooked the whole time, they can do it again. To me BfA is just a big lame fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still play every day, but not so much as in other expansions. For me one reason is, that in Legion every class had the Artifact-quests, the class-campaign, class-mounts and other stuff. In BfA is one questline and warcampaign for every character. And that one misses out the other factions half.

I hope, 8.2 and flying will speed up the things a little.

So what's to look forward to for WoW ?

- Patch 8.2 this Summer, what in 4 months or so ?
    - Blizzcon to learn of the new expansion, and beta hopefully in Winter. With a release in late Spring 2020?

Yes, it's boring. I watched all the BFA cutscenes, those are very good. Why are they so good and the gameplay is just boring. Woww seems more like a movie. Great artwork, nice cutscenes, but the game is very boring. "Hey follow this story and watch these videos and sometimes you control this character and you push a button". "Hey dude, this is a game, maybe focus more on the gameplay than the artwork and videos"?

The gameplay is getting stale, even without the prunning things would still be boring, maybe they revamp the gameplay of classes and make it more like the actions games, few combos that can be combined in different ways to keep attention, also the story is getting worse every expansion, I AM MY SCARS MOM! feels that was writed by Mark Twain compared for the current bullshit we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    True. You can reach i385 EASY today, without ever once stepping foot in a Raid, and never running a Mythic+ dungeon. Just purely from World Quests, the Assualt's, and Warfronts, you can gear up so quick, and be close to [H]eroic Raid level gear, without ever once doing hard content like actual heroic Raids.

I'm in two different Guilds, my Horde Guild is actually pretty good, and they focus on heroic Raiding, and a do a good job. In my Alliance Guild, also very nice group, I just started raiding with them, and they can't even do Normal that well, wiping on bosses 3, 4 and 5 times. But they all have good iLvl's of i380+, but can't seem to run Normal raids. Doing that weekly is zero fun to me. A full Raid run will be 5+ hours. No thank you.
    This is just one more gripe I have with the game - being able to gear up so easily. Excitement over fulfillment. Style over substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    This is just one more gripe I have with the game - being able to gear up so easily. Excitement over fulfillment. Style over substance.
    Gearing up has never been easier in WoW, than today. To be able to brain dead gear up without ever Raiding and never running Mythic dungeons but be Raid geared, is not right