Is there a way to pin places/players on map and see them through the hud? I find really annoying that a compass is the only way to see where you're going without opening the map
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I've gotten to the tombs part but honestly, I'm just working through all the side missions and that's completing everything pretty easily. I imagine I'll have only a few things left to grind out once I finish all the mission available.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Seriously though, we kind of live in a golden age of videogames. I REALLY don't understand the need to jump on new releases day 1. Although if you're going to throw down for EA Premier, you might as well.
    Its a live game. There will always be people who want to be on that bleeding edge of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Even if all of that might "take them a while" ... that many of those are even a thing and were designed that way in the first place is baffling. Probably a combination of bad design and rushing the game out the door IMHO.
    Feels like the game still needs like 6-12 months of dev time to be a "finished" experience.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    By the time I got to the tombs I only had two achievements left to get (multi kill and treasure chests). Both of which I got within an hour. I can see it bothering people who are story rushing, so people who are doing streams and the like to highlight the main content, but if you do every mission you come across before advancing the main story you should already have the majority of the requirements finished by the time you get there.
    Must've been bugged for me because I had 0 credit for each challenge when I reached that mission. That said, it's easy enough to get all the credit, but yeah I had to start from scratch. 0 missions, 0 harvests, 0 chests, 0 melee/ultimate kills, etc.

Of course, regardless of how quickly you can do it, it's nonsense to put padding like that in your main story campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Feels like the game still needs like 6-12 months of dev time to be a "finished" experience.
    It's fun enough as is, so I'll gladly play that 6-12 months while it gets fleshed out. Rather have that then a 6-12 month delay, it's not like the game is unplayable or not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If you're actually playing the game and not just trying to piss through the story as fast as possible because you gotta be world first lvl 30!!!!! type of player then you'll end up finishing like 90% of those things just by playing and the last bit is quick enough to do.

Its straight up an outrage bait topic.
    Pretty much why I've unsubbed from nearly all gaming channels I used to sub to, it's all turned to cancer for clicks and I'm done with it. Nothing but music/painting channels for me, I guess.

I hope Bioware is doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeah, though that's pretty much every multiplayer game from a major publisher these days.

I get the impression that's the most EA part of this launch so far. And even still the games in a pretty damned good state all things considered, and that's without all these day 1 patch fixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Pretty much why I've unsubbed from nearly all gaming channels I used to sub to, it's all turned to cancer for clicks and I'm done with it. Nothing but music/painting channels for me, I guess.
    Dantics and open world gaming are good for Anthem news if you still wanna watch stuff. They're both people just posting news roundups and stuff about the game as opposed to clickbait.

I kind of don't care anymore now that the games out, not really much reason to watch them when I could be playing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's fun enough as is, so I'll gladly play that 6-12 months while it gets fleshed out. Rather have that then a 6-12 month delay, it's not like the game is unplayable or not fun.
    Yikes, that is not a good selling point

The inherent problem with that statement is that the majority will not wait. So after 6-12 months the game is a ghost-town, looking for the original players to suddenly come back, which they generally won't do. Other devs/publishers have a better chance, since they have a better track record of supporting their games following a slow stretch. EA will abandon it if it underperforms for even a 3 month stretch (or until the next quarterly call). Most people have been affected by EA, one way or another by now, so they know the drill.

And your talking 6-12 months. For EA games, thats a tombstone.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-02-19 at 01:33 AM.

When I first heard about the "super grindy" story mission I thought of an old attunement quest Wow. I explained that to my friends and they were okay with it, by the time I got to the that part I only had Chests and Multi Kills to do...yeah nothing like old attunement quests from wow...lol.

I just finished the main story of the game and i can say i really enjoy the gameplay in the javelins. The city stuff i really dont like. You walk way too slow. But the outside world is really fun to play in. Flying around during fights, slamming down on enemies or picking a good spot to just shoot everything. And all the boss fights whether they be big bosses or the smaller ones are really fun and engaging trying to dodge mechanics while unloading on weakspots.

Its a pretty cool game and i cant wait till i get some better weapons that have cool effects.

Jesus what is with people dropping rando youtube videos...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Jesus what is with people dropping rando youtube videos...
    They lack an opinion, but wanna contribute to the outrage. *shrug*

There's parts of it that don't share that should, but the devs already said that's unintentional.

Its straight up a click bait outrage topic which are all the rage right now because AAA EA game.
    Yeah.. I'm just shocked he released a video basically complaining about having to play the game.. he acts like exploring the world is some burden.. the world (albeit not as populated as I'd hoped) and game play are the best part of this game..

"Broke My Spirit with Insufferable ...." hyperbole much?

*edit*
    I understand he's just click baiting but still.. try harder with that shit
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2019-02-19 at 04:36 AM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Really enjoy the game though I hate that we have to wait till Friday to get some of these bugs fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    He is probaly rushing story only (he said 20 hours). Wich could end up in this position. (while ignoring everything else)
    And yeh sadly all youtubers are like this this days. (you gota spam to stay revelant on youtube)
    There are plenty of youtubers that actually make more honest videos, or actually care about the game/movie/etc that they are discussing. The problem is people like you listen to the clickbait morons that make biased, presumptive BS videos just to get ad revenue and the sheep keep following them...

https://www.reddit.com/r/anthemthegame/comments/as5jnd

Day 1 patch highlights.
    A lot of bugfixes and QoL stuff. Interceptor is getting buffed.

Just finished the main story arc tonight, after 32 hours. Finished it at level 18, never did group stuff (except free roam twice and 1 stronghold), so that might be why I ended up so low, that and I played on normal. Really enjoyed it, it was noting spectacular (the story), but it was good for me. I liked talking to people between mission, didnt miss a conversation (probably the reason I clocked 32 hours for that).

So now the grind begin! Absolutely love the combat so I dont see myself stop anytime soon. Will most likely buy it at the end of my 30 days of premier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, mechanically - combat is very nice. Game is sure pretty and it has ME combat core stuff like combos, armor/shield, so it's easy to jump into if you played ME, because it's similar.

Flying is ok, despite many valid complaints in Beta, Bioware seemed to manage to pull out some magic trick and improve it, so it feels very natural after short break in time. There are a lot of abilities and stuff that knock you off the air though and it can get pretty annoying after a while.

Story is nothing to write home about, but it's functional. It does give you some intro to the world and factions and my issue mainly is how very VERY short it was. They even sort of gated it in the middle with totally cheap quest that required you to complete various random achievements. After that story was done in a couple of hours leaving you with "that's it?" feeling.

One big improvement is facial animations and characters overall, ME:A should have had that. Outside a few weird poses like Faye in her weird holding cigarette/vase pose when talking and Owen being annoying as fuck with plasticy face, rest were well done and sometimes I was impressed how facial animation produced various emotions that felt spot on. Well aside from teeth looking like what a boxer wears to protect teeth, but that's minor.

Now here's the hard part where game falls flat on its face. Amount of activities you can do is VERY limited, it basically amounts to "defend this circle", "fetch items from point a to point b", "survive ambush", "kill fat X". So most of the quests and all repeatable content basically amounts to do 3-4 of the above in random order in succession without any sort of spice up like environment challenges or unique handicaps. These exist in Strongholds, but the problem is you only have 3 of those and 1 of those is simply a reused last mission.

So I am basically in a situation where I "finished" the game and only things I can do is basically either grind same 3 Strongholds or do Contracts which is basically 4 of the things above glued together as I mentioned.

There is Freeplay, but that's basically fly around until you spot one of the 4 above activities and do it.

So in my opinion unless Bioware injects serious variety into the game soon it will fade away fast. Maybe the good advice would be to do one of the following:

1. Get Origin Premium, for 15 bucks you get a month of this game, which is way more than you need to feel "done" with it.

2. Wait a couple of months and then do (1).

I honestly can't recommend buying it, simply because currently it's not worth 60 bucks, it is worth 15 bucks Premium asks for it, but that's about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot the technical aspect. I use 1080Ti and 9700K, so I had no trouble whatsoever playing it at top details and good frame rate, what I did have trouble with is loading screens. Boy, did they overdo it... There is loading screen for just about anything you can imagine. At this point I'm impressed there is no loading screen for talking to npc. I put the game on top of the line PCI-E ssd and you still have enough time to go grab a drink before you can play your next objective and I hear people who put the game on HDD suffer.

Bugs - there are a few, most annoying ones having mission stop progressing for some reason and requiring you to bail and restart, but these were not super frequent, I had like 2 cases so far. Annoying though, especially because you forfeit loot.
    How far did you get into grandmaster difficulty and are your javelins decked out in specific builds using properly inscribed masterworks/legendaries? If you haven't done either of those you are kind of missing the point of the game to be fair. That's probably why this type of game doesn't feel worth it to you, as your “carrot” is now gone. But for some of us doing the two things I asked about are kind of what this game is all about. But again it's not for everyone and I can respect that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anthemthegame/comments/as5jnd

Day 1 patch highlights.
    A lot of bugfixes and QoL stuff. Interceptor is getting buffed.
    Couple highlights I appreciate from the notes:

Colossus can rez players with his shield out
    Player tethering during missions is being adjusted
    Load time fixes