View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's nice of the UK to try to maintain these companies while they slowly but surely move over
    To be brutally honest, if I was looking at an abyss like they are, I'd cling to anything I can, too. So any news that isn't utter disaster must seem like a win to them. "Look, we're still not dead!" seems like the current slogan of the month.

It's pitiful, but what can you do.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by slartworp View Post

That stuff is very weak frankly. It is all guilt by association. I've been in the same room as a terrorist, it didn't mean I endorsed terrorism.
    But did you call them friends, go to events they created, praise them etc? Did you invite the leader of a terrorist organization weeks after said organization attempted an assassination on the Prime Minister?

#takingbackcontrol with tweets that age badly
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-02-18 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post

#takingbackcontrol with tweets that age badly
    That's not the end of the story... as predicted, here comes the EU blame:

Britain doesn't really shower itself in glory these days, but that's just pitiful.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's not the end of the story... as predicted, here comes the EU blame:

Britain doesn't really shower itself in glory these days, but that's just pitiful.
    Wait wait wait. Because leaving the EU means no more EU based benefits then it's the EU's fault that Honda decided to go "I'd rather be with the guys with more money and more customers."

Brexiteers are fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait wait wait. Because leaving the EU means no more EU based benefits then it's the EU's fault that Honda decided to go "I'd rather be with the guys with more money and more customers."

Brexiteers are fucking stupid.
    And yet, their creativity in blaming the EU for virtually anything is blossoming. It'll keep me entertained for a while to see new things they can blame the EU for.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    In what context to Brexit? I think it warrants its own thread talking about social media and data privacy instead. No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Shadow Priest View Post
    Strangely, as a centrist, I don’t feel any pleasure in hearing that Chuka and co. have walked out. It’s just more division isn’t it? I kind of wished they’d stayed to voice their dissent within Labour. Unless the split becomes more pronounced and takes in centrists from other parties, this is just going to give the Tories free reign.
    5 Tories (Including Soubry and a minister) could be joining them it seems https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ised-join-new/

If what Pann said is true in the other thread in regard to the MPs that left Labour then the conservatives even with the DUP have lost the majority if the 5 go.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2019-02-19 at 12:49 AM.

But did you call them friends, go to events they created, praise them etc? Did you invite the leader of a terrorist organization weeks after said organization attempted an assassination on the Prime Minister?
    I don't know, you'd have to ask that Prime Minister why she opened secret communications with those terrorists years before. You'd also have to ask the whole of the British establishment including the Queen why they felt it necessary to court and publicly meet with terrorists. I imagine it was part of the peace process. that thing which stopped thousands of people being killed.

Kallisto wrote But did you call them friends, go to events they created, praise them etc? Did you invite the leader of a terrorist organization weeks after said organization attempted an assassination on the Prime Minister?

You know Margaret Thatcher opened secret negotiations with the IRA years before the assassination attempt. And that the whole of the British establishment courted the IRA, and that the queen met their leaders and socialized with them. You also know that a former loyalist paramilitary group sits in government right now?

The peace process happened, you seem to think it is 1986 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by slartworp View Post
    Kallisto wrote But did you call them friends, go to events they created, praise them etc? Did you invite the leader of a terrorist organization weeks after said organization attempted an assassination on the Prime Minister?

You know Margaret Thatcher opened secret negotiations with the IRA years before the assassination attempt. And that the whole of the British establishment courted the IRA, and that the queen met their leaders and socialized with them. You also know that a former loyalist paramilitary group sits in government right now?

The peace process happened, you seem to think it is 1986 or something.
    Margeret Thatcher. Prime Minister of UK in the 1980s

Jeremy Corbyn at times these happened. A nobody back bencher who position as MP is barely above the general public at the time. Until Jeremy Corbyn became Opposition leader he has no business talking to anyone in regards of things like peace process.

Margeret Thatcher. Prime Minister of UK in the 1980s

Jeremy Corbyn at times these happened. A nobody back bencher who position as MP is barely above the general public at the time. Until Jeremy Corbyn became Opposition leader he has no business talking to anyone in regards of things like peace process.

My interpretation of your harsh comments about Corbyn is that you are expecting a new GE very shortly? So if the 4 or 5 Tories do whatever they plan to do (leave the party?), what are the logistics going forward?

Presumably it is 100% guaranteed that if 5 Tories vote no-confidence, that all of the non-Tory non-UKIP members would also join them in voting no-confidence? Could 5 of them vote confidence and keep May in office?

If I understand correctly, if there is a new GE it will all be done and over with by the end of say April?

That account is complaining about the EU doing what the UK government wanted the EU to do
    Of course it is, the same is true for many other matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The truly ironic point here is that:

That account is complaining about the EU doing what the UK government wanted the EU to do
    They were told this months ago that's why us working at german, dutch and other plants weren't really unhappy with a no deal brexit as it meant increased production, work and pay for us.

But yes the victimhood is amusing considering it's a self inflicted wound. MP's kept telling them no things won't change with the brexit we'll become more competitive!, they bought it without doing any research on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they need to have a second referendum now that more of a % of the population has an idea what exactly leaving the EU means, and just how badly this could (likely, at this point) go. Seems like they are really setting themselves, and more importantly, the world economy up for trouble with their current path.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Maybe they need to have a second referendum now that more of a % of the population has an idea what exactly leaving the EU means, and just how badly this could (likely, at this point) go. Seems like they are really setting themselves, and more importantly, the world economy up for trouble with their current path.
    Conservatives want to push through the May deal and face major electoral losses by breaking off the brexit, the Labour party is deeply divided with the leadership being for a hard brexit.

So there's no real platform for it. It's going to be May deal, No deal or extension (highly unlikely) till before the EU elections in May.

the Labour party is deeply divided with the leadership being for a hard brexit. .
    There has been no indication that the leadership is for a hard brexit.

You constantly make these assertions as if they were fact. Check your information.

Quote Originally Posted by lathewrope View Post
    There has been no indication that the leadership is for a hard brexit.
    Excellent - can you let us know how, as the leader of the opposition, Corbyn intends to prevent a no deal Brexit happening, outside of asking nicely?

Conservatives want to push through the May deal and face major electoral losses by breaking off the brexit, the Labour party is deeply divided with the leadership being for a hard brexit.

So there's no real platform for it. It's going to be May deal, No deal or extension (highly unlikely) till before the EU elections in May.
    She's trying to be a Thatcher-style Iron Lady who doesn't budge, and as a result, since her deal isn't worth the paper it's written on as far as Parliament is concerned, and the EU also isn't going to budge (and indeed, why would it?), we're gonna drop out without a deal.

I can't personally see an extension being agreed, since we're not offering anything that hasn't already been shot down, and the EU has already said it won't extend without a good reason.

So, all told, we're in a bad place.