Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch League 2019 Season

Season started! First day ongoing.

Philly got a small measure of revenge for the Finals last year against London.

New York barely beat out Boston 2-1, after drawing the second to last map and a heavily contested last match that came down to some last minute pushes after they drew that game several times too.

Seoul vs L.A. going on right now.

Hope this is a fun season, Boston looked much better than I expected this first game, so hopefully they can start playing together even better as they get to know eachother more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the Philly match last night, and now I'm really really tired. Worth it though, I'm not usually one to watch video games but they seem to have got the presentation down a lot better since the start of last season. No way I'm staying up to 6am to watch much more of it live though, and the VODs on the OWL website are broken/not posted/something yet so no entertainment for lunch break. I could watch on Twitch, but I just don't like them.

Decided I'm going to back Paris I think, I expect very little as they're a new team but I'm sure this season will be better than last, lessons learned and all that.

Haven't had time to watch any games yet, is it still GOATS GOATS GOATS?

anyone know if ill be able to buy the 2018 genji all-star skin during the overwatch league ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a lot of season 1, but my interest in OW is kinda through the floor right now, so I can't say I'll watch much of S2. Especially if it's GOATS v GOATS. And Seagull is gone.

Yawn. The competitive scene has fallen prey to lack luster development and balance team. The engineers who worked on Overwatch should be proud. The rest... ehh.

GOATS GOATS GOATS GOATS GOATS sombra GOATS GOATS GOATS

so fun so exciting

I'm not really following Overwatch at all anymore, but I hear GOATS is ruining the fun of the game as no one really finds it interesting.

And honestly, the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. For the past few years it seems to revolving entirely around "getting the gang back together".
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2019-02-19 at 05:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shanghai Dragons just won their first ever match....against the Boston Uprising. -_-

Good for them though, and for Gamsu, who was great for us all last year. Let's hope the Dragons win a few more games, cause this stings after last week thinking the Uprising might get frisky again in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So I think we and basically Blizzard needs to take a long hard look at this meta, and the health of Overwatch in general, both as a spectator sport and a gaming experience.

I would say that Goats is completely ruining my enjoyment in this game, its a struggle right now for me to actually enjoy watching the league because of it. Take todays recent match:

NY Excel vs Houston

Game 1: Starts off with some fun triple dps on Outlaws and Goats on NY, the dive and focus onto JJonak allowed them to win the first battle and take some %. But then they are immediately stomped when the NY respawn, which naturally triggers a return to Goats for the Outlaws.
    Game 2: Goats
    Game 3: Goats
    Game 4: This was the only halfway interesting match, NY on last hold with a Bastion comp, camping on the bridge at the start of Route 66, Outlaws manage to outplay them with a combination of Hog and some good picks from Hanzo, NY switches their comp to Goats with Sombra, but Hanzo manages to get a 3/4 man dragon for the first point.

But with that done both teams immediately switch to Goats again. Interestingly at this point the crowd begins to "boo" and the commentators have to get them hyped up again. Resulting in an unsurprising, Outlaws loss for the 4-0 from NY.

Even throughout the games I've watched, everyone from the commentators to the crowd are bored of it, they need to change this meta, and armour order changes arent enough.
    Yep I was half watching that game (After the London/Spark match), and I heard the Boo's on that final map.

The meta is so dull, with just teams smashing into each other being kept alive until one dies...

Problem with Goats is the damage is done. Blizz needs a complete rework of heroes, retirement of heroes, comp restrictions (such as 1-2 support per match), or banned heroes in certain game modes. Not all of these things, but short of a radical change this comp is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm not really following Overwatch at all anymore, but I hear GOATS is ruining the fun of the game as no one really finds it interesting.

And honestly, the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere either. For the past few years it seems to revolving entirely around "getting the gang back together".
    Jeff said there's been a shift in focus from developing new event content to just focussing on hero balance, yet they can't change hero balance drastically because Overwatch is now an esports-centric game and they refuse to shake things up mid-season.

They just released the Paris map and all that came with it was the order priority of armour and shields.

The last hero changes were with the lunar new year event. If there was a new focus on balancing heroes surely they would be changing them in every patch, but they're not doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was one HELL of a game between the Uprising and the Fuel. Uprising come away with a much needed win.

They might now sneak into the stage playoffs, after not playing that great for parts of this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver Titans win 4-0, which puts them in first place for the stage and helps the Boston Uprising into the stage playoffs....where they will face the undefeated Vancouver Titans.

Going to be an interesting week next week.

Been a joke so far.

"Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fuck off with your Nazi dog whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Good. Fuck off with your Nazi dog whistles.
    You just like the other SJW put so much weight on a symbol like this... which isn't used in general as a "Nazi symbol"

Is the peace sign the next thing we want to condemn? Or how about a high five? Someone could feel offended by it so why not just ban it too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzsi View Post
    You just like the other SJW put so much weight on a symbol like this... which isn't used in general as a "Nazi symbol"

Is the peace sign the next thing we want to condemn? Or how about a high five? Someone could feel offended by it so why not just ban it too?
    How about you bitch about the actual Nazis appropriating this shit instead of those opposing them? Obvious which side you've chosen.

cool what do you think about the last update &

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a boring season, same 3-3 setup 85% of the games.
    Excpect changes cos no way people get a good impression of it as e-sport with the same comp being played over and over again.