Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The whole game is now about raidlogging (or m+logging, for that matter). If you are that kind of player, you'll enjoy it. If you are not, you won't. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I am always loosing my interest during the first patch of a new expansion and then usually catch up in x.2 and play very intensively till the last patch.
    This is almost exactly what I do. x.2 patches always feels the best to me.

In movies often we have baddies who take over companies or jobs with a big face only to ruin it very fast, then somebody, who actually knows what they're doing takes the reins and saves the beloved company.
    I just can't keep waiting for when that somebody shows up to save wow.

I enjoy the game only when my buddies and I are raiding or in m+. Outside of that I wonder why they even bother. I want it to matter but the whole purpose of the out door map just seems to be nothing outside of a few WQ that take clearing the map daily to be impactful. Pugging is terrible rank chasers and number humpers while normally being bad at both. Most qued content is very trivial to the point of me never doing it.

Its been this way since WoD for me though. If my guild ever died I would be done with the game in a heart beat. Its really all I enjoy in WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    In movies often we have baddies who take over companies or jobs with a big face only to ruin it very fast, then somebody, who actually knows what they're doing takes the reins and saves the beloved company.
    I just can't keep waiting for when that somebody shows up to save wow.
    Pretty much one of my views. I ain't sitting subbed waiting for the game to get fixed. And at this point it's clear the devs do not give a damn.

I'll be missing out on far superior mmorpg opportunities if I just do that. Least imo.

I slowly but surely faded away for all the reasons listed above a month before 8.1; BFA just didnt do it for me. Slow (gcd), bland and boring. Hoping for 8.2 or next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    I slowly but surely faded away for all the reasons listed above a month before 8.1; BFA just didnt do it for me. Slow (gcd), bland and boring. Hoping for 8.2 or next expansion!
    See this is a common thing I see.

"8.2 should sort the game out" and other things. I mean that's fine but the game should have been good the minute it came out. I don't mean it should be perfect but 8.0 and 8.1 should have been A LOT better.

It shouldn't have to take in 8.2's case maybe a year tops to fix it.

No, I enjoy the game a lot.

I've withdrawn a bit from the forums and such, due to all the whining, negativity, and people not being able to think for themselves but blindly follow what youtubers tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post

Not sure why Legion kept me interested and glued to the game, where BfA isn't holding my attention. Why is that ?
    Legion had cool lore stuff about it. I loved all the attention the classes got. that kept me interested enough to play the entire time.

BfA doesn't have any cool class perks, and the racial shit (heritage armor and allied races) just aren't coming out fast enough. and those heritage armor quests should take a little more than 20 minutes after you've leveled. and maybe ditch the "have to level the race to get the armor" function.

believe it, i'm waiting patiently for a good sci fi game to come out that gives me the same nipple tingles that this game used to. i'm ready. (swtor is basically dead)
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Legion had cool lore stuff about it. I loved all the attention the classes got. that kept me interested enough to play the entire time.

BfA doesn't have any cool class perks, and the racial shit (heritage armor and allied races) just aren't coming out fast enough. and those heritage armor quests should take a little more than 20 minutes after you've leveled. and maybe ditch the "have to level the race to get the armor" function.

believe it, i'm waiting patiently for a good sci fi game to come out that gives me the same nipple tingles that this game used to. i'm ready. (swtor is basically dead)
    Allied Races should have just been on the character select screen at launch. But nah they chose to take a standard box price feature and timegate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Allied Races should have just been on the character select screen at launch. But nah they chose to take a standard box price feature and timegate it.
    i don't mind working for them a little, but people that didn't play legion having to go back and farm rep for all the OG allied races is stupid. and the delay on KT and Zand's has been pretty ridiculous too. my guess is that they're done with allied races until the next expansion. then we get mechagnomes and gilbin, perfect for the tinkerer class we all know is coming.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i don't mind working for them a little, but people that didn't play legion having to go back and farm rep for all the OG allied races is stupid. and the delay on KT and Zand's has been pretty ridiculous too. my guess is that they're done with allied races until the next expansion. then we get mechagnomes and gilbin, perfect for the tinkerer class we all know is coming.
    Meh. Until they change the Allied Race system and stop timegating base features among all the other screw ups I'm done for now.

Hell I expect them to try selling Allied Races soon. If they do then grats they are as crappy as F2P titles.

Find yourself a group of people serious about content. Running high keys with a good group of players saved me from quitting. Having fun, yes there are problems, but not bad enough to want me to hang up the boots just yet

By that logic, you should be given items and boss kills by purchasing games, because they are advertised on the box. More of the wow-hate fad of 2018/2019.

If you can't be bothered to work for the rewards, you aren't getting them. That's really it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    By that logic, you should be given items and boss kills by purchasing games, because they are advertised on the box. More of the wow-hate fad of 2018/2019.

If you can't be bothered to work for the rewards, you aren't getting them. That's really it.
    For an even better comparison, compare this line of thought to the TBC box features.

https://www.mobygames.com/images/cov...back-cover.jpg

We had Netherdrakes on the box which weren't even in the game until 2.1 and you had to grind a month long reputation via daily quests before you got one.

Having a "box feature" be something you need to unlock is not a new thing and a pretty dumb thing for people to argue.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I love WoW, been playing since launch, like many players. Some expansions I like more than others, but haven't really "hated" any expansion, except for WoD, due to Garrisons, which made WoW feel like a single player game, and overall WoD just sucked.

But then Legion came out, I loved it, and played it 2 years straight 6 or 7 nights a week, it's entire run. Just so much to do, besides the typical hamster wheel of Raids and M+ weekly runs. Class Halls were fun, the artifact quests were cool, unlocking artifact appearances was exciting.

I was dying for BfA, after Legion, super pumped for something fresh and new. But not sure what it is now, I am just bored. And it's not that I am sick of WoW, I actually have gone back to lower level characters and done a bunch of Legion class hall stuff on them, and Legion based content on them, and having a blast and lots of fun. I just did the full Suaramar questline last week, and had fun.

I don't hate BfA at all, but i also do not love it either. One of my biggest gripes is the class design, my characters feel worse than they did in Legion. The GCD and overall slower rotations is a major turnoff to me. Arms Warrior was bad ass fun at the end of Legion, now Arms sucks balls. As do so many of my DPS melee guys. I liked Ret in Legion better than BfA Ret, etc...

But after that super grind of Suramar, now I feel burned out. I am back in BfA with several level 120's, and just sit there scratching my head, on what I want to do ? Most my characters are i385+, so my only option is M+ and Raids to gear up. And I ran BoD Normal a few times already, and just can't do the 3+ hour Raid scene anymore, i get bored with it, just going from boss to boss, whack, whack, rinse and repeat for several hours, is getting lame.

Not sure why Legion kept me interested and glued to the game, where BfA isn't holding my attention. Why is that ?
    Because this expansion is a garbage. Probably,it's even an experiment - Activision checking how far they can go with limiting the resources to increase the profit - no matter if the lore team would consist of people,who shouldn't be allowed to write or class design or the PvP - Activision's boss probably wants to find out if his company can release a total bullshit and if there would still be people,who would accept it and still play the game,which at this point is so far from it's origins,it should be renamed to ensure that it's good past is not tainted with the shit,that is on live servers.

I feel sad and my best friend feels sad too,cause the current game - well,it's not a World of Warcraft,it's some cheap,pathetic copy of it. I really hope the subscription numbers will drop to their lowest,I really hope Activision ends 2019 with losses and decides to let the Blizzard go it's own way. I've played this game since 2006,I had breaks when I unsubbed cause I was bored,but then I came back some months later - I didn't blame the Blizzard for that,I was simply bored. Now - i've had enough. It's clear that their writing team is out of ideas,so instead of hiring people with actual ideas they go and rewrite a fine written lore and turn it into a pile of nonsensial SHIT.

I'm not burnt out, I simply had enough. If the Activision thinks,that they can spit in the faces of millions of Warcraft fans and they will just keep giving them money,well, I'm out. I'm not giving them a single eurocent unless they start to treat the Warcraft playerbase with respect. They keep going like that,there won't be needed a new game,to bring the end of the World of Warcraft - right now,they are destroying a game by themselves.

I faded away over 2 months ago now, and with the recent firing of pretty much all the WoW QA people it does not give me hope, it feels like they are purposely tanking the game.

Nah you're probably the only one. This forum is filled with positive people who enjoy BFA
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Yeah because races were were a box price feature at launch upto MoP is totally comparable to gear.....

Thanks for proving my point with that hyperbole. Funny how having races upto Mists at launch was fine but suddenly they are timegated. Although judging by your "hating for the sake of it" remark it's safe to say hyperbole is what you were going for. So no point in continuing this with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    For an even better comparison, compare this line of thought to the TBC box features.

https://www.mobygames.com/images/cov...back-cover.jpg

We had Netherdrakes on the box which weren't even in the game until 2.1 and you had to grind a month long reputation via daily quests before you got one.

Having a "box feature" be something you need to unlock is not a new thing and a pretty dumb thing for people to argue.
    Because mounts are equivalent to races yeah?

And again tell me why suddenly races have to be timegated. Neither you or the other person have given a valid or quite frankly good reason.

I bet you are the kind of person who would defend them selling Allied Races in the damn store.

Give me one good reason why races suddenly have to be timegated behind stupid requirements? And don't give me that crap about working for it because it wasn't a thing upto Mists. We got new races and you could play them immediately.

Why do they suddenly have to take a feature that was given to us on launch and timegate it? Oh right there isn't a reason. Just so they can sell boosts, race changes and keep that MAU count up which ironically has been slowly declining each quarter.

And before you even bring in the Hero Class system that's actually beneficial to the player now DK doesn't require a 55 anymore. Since you can literally play 15 levels of the game and have a level 100 character. (Demon Hunter requires 70 ofc).
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-19 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because mounts are equivalent to races yeah?

And again tell me why suddenly races have to be timegated. Neither you or the other person have given a valid or quite frankly good reason.
    I would answer this question with a question.

Why not?

New ideas aren't allowed?

Is the concept of a race choice that you can earn as a reward for playing the game not something they can experiment with?

I don't know. I don't personally like the system they went with for unlocking Allied races, but I don't think it's correct to denounce the entire thing on principle of "FEATURES ON THE BOX SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY TO EVERYONE."

That's all I was saying

The rest of your rant about selling races on the store, selling boosts, MAU and all that shite is not relevant to my post so I didn't bother to quote it. Don't strawman.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!