Poll: What class Zandalari are you making first?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    None. Because I got sick of waiting for something that for essentially since January is only gated by one thing. TIME.

Remember when the races were there to create when the expansion came out and not timegated? Good days.

Anyone who doesn't think the system is just to get race changes out of people or keep that MAU count up at this point is well... delusional.
    With all respect, isnt new races just superficial timegating anyway? Since you either have to play them from level 1 to max is just you not playing real current content. Or you're paying to "unlock" the race with a race change, so it's not actively readily available anyway. There is just quests added to it.

idk, it's a hard choice. i like the dino forms, but i've already got a druid.

i want something that could be connected to bwonsamdi, but no class currently really fits that role.

Tied between Paladin and Druid. Would have preferred Warlock though =/

I would have loved to play but it just isn't fun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    With all respect, isnt new races just superficial timegating anyway? Since you either have to play them from level 1 to max is just you not playing real current content. Or you're paying to "unlock" the race with a race change, so it's not actively readily available anyway. There is just quests added to it.
    I mean it hardly takes as long to level a new race from 1-120 than it does waiting for them.

Literally that's what KT and Zandalari are now. Waiting. Nothing more. The unlock requirements are already there and the race isn't. And won't be for at least 2-3 months since January when the final unlock requirement became available.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-19 at 02:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i want something that could be connected to bwonsamdi, but no class currently really fits that role.
    priests do that

i mean they totally do that, priest of bwonsandi is like something natural
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-02-19 at 02:00 PM.

I might try and level a Prot Pala from scratch without switching to Ret at some point. Or maybe even Holy.
    So I guess that option gets my vote.

Otherwise, probably a Hunter or Warrior for the aesthetics.

As a Druid Feral main, I'm fascinated by the Cat Form, but I'm reluctant to play another Feral, for some reason. And while I like the different-ness of the other forms, I don't like them as much, I know this is purely subjective.

I already have several Shaman, some Mages, two Priests...

Rogue could be another option, but Monk... my Monk character is a Troll, and I love him, but I don't really want to play another Monk, either

I'm also not really decided about male or female yet.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Blizzard low effort Allied Race system checking out.
    yep pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never liked any of the druid forms for the Horde, so I'll likely go druid if I get back to the game and roll one. I really dislike the idea of troll paladins, as blizz seems to want to stretch classes to the max, but I'm not going to be bothered to much, dino druid is also a weird class design I guess.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Literally that's what KT and Zandalari are now. Waiting. Nothing more. The unlock requirements are already there and the race isn't. And won't be for at least 2-3 months since the final unlock requirement became available.
    What? Patch is likely month or less away (I doubt they'll release it after end of Q1) and all you need is campaign up to 8.1 before raid + main zone exalted rep. You are spreading some bullshit here, unless they'd changed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What? Patch is likely month or less away (I doubt they'll release it after end of Q1) and all you need is campaign up to 8.1 before raid + main zone exalted rep. You are spreading some bullshit here, unless they'd changed something.
    Yeah I edited it for clarity. Look up. Put "since January". So it is at least 2 or so months.

The final unlock requirement opened in January aka the story. If the patch is due March that's at least 2 months. You need to finish the War Campaign and the final bit didn't open until the raid did. Only about 3 or so chapters came with 8.1 back in December.

As I said edited for clarity. I highly doubt it will be 3 months unless something serious happens with the races but 2 months of waiting is still pretty crappy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-19 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean their patron is Gonk. Give them a raptor for feral and something else for guardian.
    But that would require new combat animations (at least for raptor), which means more effort put into it, and we know how Blizzard feels about that.

I will guaranteed make a paladin and maybe a druid, though I already have a Darkspear troll druid. The dino forms look cool enough to sell me another druid.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    WoW is basically the Zandalari waiting room right now
    No. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    No. /10char
    Kind of is though for people who want it.

The unlock requirements are in. All there is to do is wait for 8.1.5.

Like most things in the game these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Zandalari Shadow Priest? He does have a hybrid death & shadow theme.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As I said edited for clarity. I highly doubt it will be 3 months unless something serious happens with the races but 2 months of waiting is still pretty crappy.
    It's pretty crappy if you are waiting for Zandalari since Blizzcon. It's unfortunate that they'll switched Zandalari with Mag'har, but it really makes more sense to pair them with Kul Tiran than Dark Iron.

But in general I hate this "mommy, I want it now! NOW!" attitude with new content. We got 4 races with pre-order and another 2 with 8.0 (and I'm almost sure than 8.2.5 will bring Vulpera/Mechagnomes + 8.3.5 or pre-order Worgen/Undead allied races). When Blizzard listen to people with this mindset we end up with unfinished product like 8.0 BfA.

I wish that Blizzard would just give us just cheap Highmountain and High Elves (with some Void powers, why not) in pre-order, take their sweet time to work on proper Nightborne and Broken (screw Lightforged) model next few months, then release cheaper to do Mag'har/Dark Iron, then work on proper Zandalari/Kul Tiran, etc.

It's pretty crappy if you are waiting for Zandalari since Blizzcon. It's unfortunate that they'll switched Zandalari with Mag'har, but it really makes more sense to pair them with Kul Tiran than Dark Iron.

But in general I hate this "mommy, I want it now! NOW!" attitude with new content. We got 4 races with pre-order and another 2 with 8.0 (and I'm almost sure than 8.2.5 will bring Vulpera/Mechagnomes + 8.3.5 or pre-order Worgen/Undead allied races). When Blizzard listen to people with this mindset we end up with unfinished product like 8.0 BfA.

I wish that Blizzard would just give us just cheap Highmountain and High Elves (with some Void powers, why not) in pre-order, take their sweet time to work on proper Nightborne and Broken (screw Lightforged) model next few months, then release cheaper to do Mag'har/Dark Iron, then work on proper Zandalari/Kul Tiran, etc.
    I mean I just wish that races came on launch day to play then. Like in TBC, or Cata or MoP.

Has nothing to do with "I want it now". They took something that wasn't broken and timegated it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with races being available for day 1 and it served them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Considering how much is the race being posponed, I'll probly be able to create Zandalari Tinker first, lol
    This would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth

- - - Updated - - -

But in general I hate this "mommy, I want it now! NOW!" attitude with new content.
    Zandalari Allied race has been announced at Blizzcon 2017, and Kul Tiras 4-5 months later. We are mid February 2019 and Blizzard hasn't even announced the release date of patch 8.1.5, which probably means it will only be released on April 2019, or on the final days of march. This means people are waiting for Zandalari for almost an entire expansion cycle!! (1.5 years). and they simply can't give a reasonable reason for this timegating, besides being a marketing milestone they set on their release schedule to milk their playerbase as much as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I just wish that races came on launch day to play then. Like in TBC, or Cata or MoP.

Has nothing to do with "I want it now". They took something that wasn't broken and timegated it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with races being available for day 1 and it served them well.
    Yep. And completing the Zandalar Forever and A Nation United achievements from 8.0 patch clearly was enough to convince Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tirans to join the Horde / Alliance factions.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-02-19 at 03:45 PM.