Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, it does not matter if the attacks are warranted.

She was more qualified and experienced than her opponent in 2016.
    The accusations against her in 2016 were not warranted.
    She still lost.

To Donald Trump. America's Hemorrhoid (because he's not useful enough for me to call him America's Asshole).

Try finding a candidate people actually like. Clinton lost, by not being a convincing enough alternative to Orange Chunk to get voters to come out and oppose him. If I were American, I'd have voted for her, but this isn't a hypothetical; she ran, and lost, to the easiest possible opponent she could have faced. Why would you run her again?
    Here are some things you seem to be forgetting, I said I am going to support Hillary, that doesn't suggest she makes it through the gauntlet which is the primary, but I love her, I would like for her to run again, and IF she makes it all the way through she would have my support, if she doesn't well she doesn't.

I am not holding my breath and holding out all hope, but I also think her debating and going up against the bigger field would be great, if she wins, and I believe she can over comb the media bullshit like she has in the past, I think she would beat Trump in the GE.

Obviously I believed that before and I was wrong.

As for finding a candidate that people like, NO, I am against that shit, it's the kind of mind numbing stupid shit that got us Trump and unless you think HE is the only problem rather than the Symptom and I DON'T, You can go ahead and pitch we need someone more popular.

I think we need someone more educated, and I think we need to force people to deal with their own issues grow the fuck up and decide if Trumps the best we can do, not because they needs to be hand held, and sold some kind of bullshit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    His age is no problem, and the only damage was caused by Clintons own stupidity.
    Clinton even without the super delegates votes still had the majority of votes and had them long before the primary was held. Sanders should of done like the other candidates who lacked the votes drop out and put is support behind Clinton to bring the democrats together, but instead he continued to beat in a wedge which fractured them.

That wedge lead to his die hard supporters to vote for Johnson, Green, or just write in his name. So yes he did enough damage last time around and needs to sit this one out.

Granted Clinton made several mistakes as well, such as not campaigning even once in the Rust Belt states.

If some how he does win the primary, which I doubt. I'll vote for him, but will be holding my nose while doing so. Just to get rid of Trump and the current GOP.
    Last edited by Hobb; 2019-02-19 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Really curious what you reasoning is here?
    Because if Biden Runs he would be the Most Qualified short of Hillary in my opinion, he has already been Vice President, and while I don't think he would in anyway clone Obama's administration, I think he has enough of an ability to support those that came over and Voted Hillary in 2016.

I think in the primaries those that have come over voted HRC registered as Democrats can have a voice between Bernie and Biden, both would have to earn the nomination to go forward, I think that would be great, because people are voting based on information of what they want and don't want which is Trump.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-02-19 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Clinton even without the super delegates votes still had the majority of votes and had them long before the primary was held. Sanders should of done like the other candidates who lacked the votes drop out and put is support behind Clinton to bring the democrats together, but instead he continued to beat in a wedge which fractured them.
    Sanders endorsed Hillary after losing the DNC. It was the BernieBros who went berserk and turned to Trump after losing the primary. Fucking idiots turned to a man who is literally the opposite of Bernie because they were upset about the primary. They either didn't really care about Bernie's positions, or they were idiots.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Try finding a candidate people actually like. Clinton lost, by not being a convincing enough alternative to Orange Chunk to get voters to come out and oppose him. If I were American, I'd have voted for her, but this isn't a hypothetical; she ran, and lost, to the easiest possible opponent she could have faced. Why would you run her again?
    Oh and by the way if Bernie had made nearly as many waves before he ran in 2016 where he had the kind of Enemies that Hillary had, The GOP and Hillary would have had a lot less time mud slinging and bullshitting about Hillary like they always have since she was first lady.

However now going forward, Bernie has a lot more to contend with also, the exact same bullshit he would have had to win over in the GE last time. The Trumpsters lured Hillary haters over, because it was easier to do because most BernieBros didn't know shit about Bernie, but now that they are in love with him they aren't likely to care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Sanders endorsed Hillary after losing the DNC. It was the BernieBros who went berserk and turned to Trump after losing the primary. Fucking idiots turned to a man who is literally the opposite of Bernie because they were upset about the primary. They either didn't really care about Bernie's positions, or they were idiots.
    Yeah I think some people misinterpret running for announce running for President as an automatic thing, when it isn't which is exactly why there is a process. Bernie, Hillary, Hell Even Kanye can run, they would still have to get the nomination unless they really go full boat grass roots independent and run.

But since we all know that is never going to happen, at least on a local level to even be a viable party or candidate for executive office. However that shit requires work, and actually having to work with others who might share the same ideology or party don't always agree on everything else.

For as much of an echo chamber as some like to think it is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Setting aside the "most qualified and tested" bit, which is silly, Clinton cost the Democrats the 2016 election, to Donald fucking Trump, because of how much of a REEEEEEE factor she triggers in so many people.

It doesn't matter that you disagree with the REEEEEEE. The REEEEEEEE still votes.
    Wasn't it more because she didn't campaign in 3 states. In turn losing those states by a combine total of less than 100k votes. While also taking the majority of votes by over 3 million?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post

That wedge lead to his die hard supporters to vote for Johnson, Green, or just write in his name. So yes he did enough damage last time around and needs to sit this one out.

Granted Clinton made several mistakes as well, such as not campaigning even once in the Rust Belt states.

If some how he does win the primary, which I doubt. I'll vote for him, but will be holding my nose while doing so. Just to get rid of Trump and the current GOP.
    Compared to the damage Clinton did to Obama in '08, its nothing.
    Any vote Clinton did not get and went to 3rd party/did not vote is purely on her and her alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Those people where never pro-bernie in the first place, and is not something Clinton can complain about with 30% of her voters going to McCain in '08.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What does this mean for those running as the Bernie alternative? Doesn’t that immediately knock out Gabbard?
    They are the alternative if Sanders dies before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I know, but he was asked long before the DNC to drop out since he lacked the votes and help bring the party together. But he refused until it was too late and the damage was already done.

I have family members who were Berniebros and they all figured Clinton was going to win hands down. So as a protest vote that either voted for Johnson, Green, or wrote his name in. After the election all but one of them regretted that mistake and said that should of voted Clinton instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that a lot of the people who claimed to switch from Bernie to Trump were Russians.

Trump himself was supporting Bernie in the Dem primaries because he wanted to damage HRC as much as possible. We know Trump's team was working with Russia, and it's far more plausible than saying that all the "BernieBros" suddenly dropped all of their progressive views to support a wannabe dictator. I'm sure some of them did, but they were pushed by bots lying about Bernie's similarities to Trump. Russia was stoking hatred on all sides of the spectrum.
    Last edited by roboscorcher; 2019-02-19 at 03:34 PM.

Obviously better than Trump but not my choice. Would be better if he sat out and got behind another candidate to avoid polarization. His failure to realize that this is what is needed of him also tells me he's more self centered than he lets on though of course he could still prove me wrong by dropping out early and doing so.

I think that a lot of the people who claimed to switch from Bernie to Trump were Russians.

Trump himself was supporting Bernie in the Dem primaries because he wanted to damage HRC as much as possible. We know Trump's team was working with Russia, and it's far more plausible than saying that all the "BernieBros" suddenly dropped all of their progressive views to support a wannabe dictator. I'm sure some of them did, but they were pushed by bots lying about Bernie's similarities to Trump. Russia was stoking hatred on all sides of the spectrum.
    We know Clinton's team also supported Trump nomination for same reasons (while also stocking hatred to him and his voters).

He's too old to cut the mustard anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

Trump Supporting Bernie was to try to build a bridge between those discontent with the the primaries, who weren't going to vote for Hillary.

And it WORKED! If people weren't against Hillary as much as the others like to pretend, after Bernie lost they sure were. I do think part of the big problem is that Hillary was Favored, I don't think that was a secret, and I do think influence and bias played a Role.

But then again it ALWAYS plays a role and NO it's not OK!

But Bernie was already getting his speeches cut short by the media and others to break away to Trump and all of his Antics and bullshit. And yes many of who were biased felt Hillary was he best chance, and felt Bernie was going to be an easy Target which he would have been.

So obviously once Hillary won, Trump and the GOP pretty much scrubbed any attacks they had in the chamber and decided to try to use the discontent in their favor.

But the Truth is Hillary won, and just like Trump Bernie could have won too, but he didn't have the Support by all, but more importantly the votes..

Now if some how without super delegates Bernie won, but Hillary beat him, then I could understand some confusion, but there was no confusion, I know this because I supported Bernie.

He didn't win, and primarily it was because either between people that felt he was too far left, or those that knew Bernie and what was to come didn't feel he could win against Trump, they voted for Hillary.

It happens, and it isn't the first time it's happened the GOP have had it happen too.

The thing is that is how it works, Parties might be all aligned when it comes to many foundation things, that doesn't mean everyone all agree, on methods, go forward from that.

And Nobody and I mean nobody I knew whether they favored Clinton, or didn't like Bernie's Politics hated, him or even disliked him, until he basically after the elections through the Party under the bus, and defaulted to his I am an Independent Bullshit.

Well guess what, THIS time he isn't if he runs, and if he and his supporters have a problem with that, or can't come to terms and deal, then he isn't going to win this time either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He's too old to cut the mustard anymore.
    The old fart's got over a decade of energy left in him, not worried about age.

Besides, he's got 5 years on Trump. Trump's not much younger.
    Putin khuliyo

The old fart's got over a decade of energy left in him, not worried about age.

Besides, he's got 5 years on Trump. Trump's not much younger.
    Democrats sure had a huge problem when John McCain (age72) ran, saying he was too old, so I can only imagine what they will think of Bernie sanders as he will be 79 if he took office.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    His age is no problem, and the only damage was caused by Clintons own stupidity.
    He is geriatric and he will cause another 4 years of Trump. He is trash.

Was hoping he would stay out of this race, but I certainly won't be complaining if he wins the nomination.

Ironically, I think Warren has gone further left than Bernie on the economic front. Curious to see what he does to try to stand out in the crowded field. Meanwhile, I feel like I have a lot of good or decent choices for the Dem ticket, which is quite refreshing.

who cares. the undemocratic democrats are just going to rig the primaries against him again.