10+ Year Old Account
    Quest objectives not sharing being a bug that is claimed to be addressed on the 22nd. - Wait till the 22nd, if that it is not fixed, complaint is valid.

Match Making putting him in Strongholds alone - Early Access, Low Player Base.

End Game content being repeat content from the leveling experience. - This is actually something that REALLY upset be about Destiny. So I side with him here.

Uninteresting NPCs in the City. Fair enough, but i'd have to experience them for myself to judge if they interest me or not.

Map Clipping issue. - Not good to see that, but it can be fixed.

Connectivity issues - This could be a huge issue once the playbase ramps up.

Dying in a no-respawn area no being able to be revived since menus cannot be opened - Says this will be fixed on the 22nd so not a concern unless it doesn't get fixed.

Short rant about cosmetics in the MTG store - Honestly don't care about this at all, and pretty irrelevant.

In the end, he says that the game has the potential to be a fantastic game like Destiny 1 & 2 became... Talk about copy and paste objectives, copy and paste level design, and tons of bugs and so on. I wouldn't be saying Destiny became a fantastic game if it were me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Quest objectives not sharing being a bug that is claimed to be addressed on the 22nd. - Wait till the 22nd, if that it is not fixed, complaint is valid.

Match Making putting him in Strongholds alone - Early Access, Low Player Base.

End Game content being repeat content from the leveling experience. - This is actually something that REALLY upset be about Destiny. So I side with him here.

Uninteresting NPCs in the City. Fair enough, but i'd have to experience them for myself to judge if they interest me or not.

Map Clipping issue. - Not good to see that, but it can be fixed.

Connectivity issues - This could be a huge issue once the playbase ramps up.

Dying in a no-respawn area no being able to be revived since menus cannot be opened - Says this will be fixed on the 22nd so not a concern unless it doesn't get fixed.

Short rant about cosmetics in the MTG store - Honestly don't care about this at all, and pretty irrelevant.

In the end, he says that the game has the potential to be a fantastic game like Destiny 1 & 2 became... Talk about copy and paste objectives, copy and paste level design, and tons of bugs and so on. I wouldn't be saying Destiny became a fantastic game if it were me.
    Destiny 2 did NOT become a fantastic game at all lol. It became better but even calling it a good game is a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The full game and release was the 15th per EA.

https://i.imgur.com/i6ZZ3W0.png
    Indeed, but that is the Early Access release. Not the Full Release.

I'm not saying it is acceptable that they even did an Early Access this way. Early Access should be a reward for the faithful, not a punishment. But the full public release is on the 22nd, which is the date the set for the patch to fix some of his concerns.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does ea access 10hour trial carry over to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    SWTOR had a really restrictive f2p model, I don't think I ever played it without giving them the sub just to unlock all the action bars.
    See I got lucky and had the founders account because I bought it at launch, they gave tons of access to founders to this day after they went f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I honestly think his videos are good reviews and what he tells about Anthem are facts. He doesn't sugar coat issues.
    I've actually been following UEG among a few others for my info about Anthem. I think he's being overly critical, but he does bring up some good points for people to consider.

One thing people tend to forget about YouTube reviews is that it's just an opinion. You don't HAVE to hate the person for giving their thoughts on something. Just consider it and ask yourself if the point is valid, or if you even care about it. Then make up your own damn mind.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-19 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    Does ea access 10hour trial carry over to live?
    Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's fun enough as is, so I'll gladly play that 6-12 months while it gets fleshed out. Rather have that then a 6-12 month delay, it's not like the game is unplayable or not fun.
    As is, I dont think it finished enough to warrant its 60$+ price tag. It feels VERY beta. Im sure BIO would have rathered to have waited but I imagine EA pushed it out and just wants them to update it live.

It is fun, it has a very strong foundation, I dont think its worth a AAA price tag atm.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    As is, I dont think it finished enough to warrant its 60$+ price tag. It feels VERY beta. Im sure BIO would have rathered to have waited but I imagine EA pushed it out and just wants them to update it live.

It is fun, it has a very strong foundation, I dont think its worth a AAA price tag atm.
    Can't really blame EA for pushing it out early after the game being in development for 6 years and already been delayed and pushed back one time, or you will get scenarios like star citizen with a 300 million dollar+ budget and still in early alpha/tech demo stage after the same amount of time. At some point you just have to release the game
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2019-02-19 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Can't really blame EA for pushing it out early after the game being in development for 6 years and already been delayed and pushed back one time, or you will get scenarios like star citizen with a 300 million dollar+ budget and still in early alpha/tech demo stage after the same amount of time. At some point you just have to release the game
    I can see that side. Im not all doom and gloom. Im very much enjoying my time and looking forward to improvements. I would be bummed if I paid more than 15$ for it at this stage, though.

I can see that side. Im not all doom and gloom. Im very much enjoying my time and looking forward to improvements. I would be bummed if I paid more than 15$ for it at this stage, though.
    Yeah, that's kind of my thoughts now that I've put some time into it. My suggestion?

Drop the $15 to play it now and get a taste. If it grabs your interest, just suck it up and drop the remaining $54 for the full purchase(10% off because of Premier). And if you're on the fence, just let your 1 month sub expire and maybe check back when Anthem is on sale at some point half a year from now.

IDK man, I've already got over 30 hrs of enjoyment into it, that's well worth 60 for me, it's more then most single player games. I got about 10 hrs worth out of RE2 and that was worth 60 to me (I mean in actual new experience, I replayed it about 10 times)

IDK man, I've already got over 30 hrs of enjoyment into it, that's well worth 60 for me, it's more then most single player games. I got about 10 hrs worth out of RE2 and that was worth 60 to me (I mean in actual new experience, I replayed it about 10 times)
    IF I compare this to the polish that went into RDR2, its laughable to say this is worth the price tag. This is a AAA game from one of the 3 largest publishers in the game today. Its buggy, unfinished in parts(looking at you, lack of info on the character), poorly optimized and lacking in endgame content(the real meat in this sort of game). Not worth 60$ for what it is right now IMO. I think in 6 months or after their first content drop it very likely will be.

Off topic, can you really clear RE2 that fast?

ok for 15€ the game.. but paying 70€ for this ? lul no thanks 0 content after the story quest 3 dungeons , and freeplay that is 4 player mode lul and than you cant even comunicate with them..

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uh no. The 15th is Early Access to players who are specific members. Maybe it is the full game but it's most certainly not a full fucking release when it's limited to a specific platform and for a specific membership type.

The full release is the 22nd. For both PC and Console.

Do not spread misinformation. I cannot go into a store and buy that game and take it home with me. I cannot buy that outright either right now. The only way into the game currently is through a subscription method.

Early Access is a common thing among games these days. Whether it's a good thing or not is not the point. In some cases it's nice to have things such as 4 days early access to the next FF14 expac.
    Wrong. The full game was released on the 15th for PC, origin access. Want to play the full game on Xbox for 10 hours on a trial? You can on the 15th and thats when it launched. The entire game. PS, xbox, thenormal pre-order guys get it later and are the only people that had to wait till the 22nd but thats just marketing not some imagined real launch date.

Do not pretend it's any other way than a full release on the 15th. Thats very disingenuous of you to pretend otherwise. Early access is common and it clearly spells out full release in ea graphics. Not a beta, not just early access but access to the full game before PS players. Not a partial game and you get the rest later. A full launch of the entire game for anyone that wants to play on a PC or xbox (with ea access) on the 15th.

Hell, even ea's own graphic shows full game release on multiple dates. Even they didn't do something as silly as claim the 15th was some pretend launch and the 22nd was the real thing. All dates, simply different launch dates to them and everyone else but direct money makers had to wait.

https://kotaku.com/anthems-fragmente...nli-1832245618

You'll notice again on the 22nd it's just the full game release, just like it says on the 15th. There is no this game is officially released on the 22 as it is both officially released on the 15th for one group and the 22nd for another.

Both dates are full launch dates of the full game for different players, mutually exclusive of each other.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-02-19 at 08:39 PM.

IF I compare this to the polish that went into RDR2, its laughable to say this is worth the price tag. This is a AAA game from one of the 3 largest publishers in the game today. Its buggy, unfinished in parts(looking at you, lack of info on the character), poorly optimized and lacking in endgame content(the real meat in this sort of game). Not worth 60$ for what it is right now IMO. I think in 6 months or after their first content drop it very likely will be.

Off topic, can you really clear RE2 that fast?
    On the 1st A scenario playthrough it took me about 4 hrs, but i've seem people take up to 10, so technically if you aren't really acquainted with RE games it could be around 15-18 hrs of gameplay, but I'm a huge RE fan so I kind of knew how they do their puzzles.

And I hated RDR2, wasn't worth 60 buck, wasn't worth 10, to me anyway. Worth is one of those weird things.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-02-19 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF I compare this to the polish that went into RDR2
    Let me stop you right there, lol.

Go ahead and youtube videos of RDR2 bugs. The game may as well have been made by Bethesda.

On the 1st A scenario playthrough it took me about 4 hrs, but i've seem people take up to 10, so technically if you aren't really acquainted with RE games it could be around 15-18 hrs of gameplay, but I'm a huge RE fan so I kind of knew how they do their puzzles.

And I hated RDR2, wasn't worth 60 buck, wasn't worth 10, to me anyway. Worth is one of those weird things.
    That's a fine opinion, but the polish and content of RDR2 is objectively greater than Anthem has at launch(Your enjoyment it of isn't really pertinent to this point). I expect a certain level of polish in a AAA 60$ game. FFS Apex is FREE and it has more polish at launch than Anthem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the latest fashion is to do either:

1. Run Temple of Scar 2 chest and quit midrun for good MW farm.
    2. Go to GM3 Freeplay and do chest route, just trigger mission first, because apparently that cancels the chest fix.

Honestly, this is just baffling how Bioware managed to pretty much step on every mine that was obvious to any sort of gamer playing these games.

That's a fine opinion, but the polish and content of RDR2 is objectively greater than Anthem has at launch(Your enjoyment it of isn't really pertinent to this point). I expect a certain level of polish in a AAA 60$ game. FFS Apex is FREE and it has more polish at launch than Anthem.
    I mean, tbf, Apex doesn't have a lot of depth, nor is it difficult comparatively to produce, nothing wrong with that it's just they way BRs are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So the latest fashion is to do either:

1. Run Temple of Scar 2 chest and quit midrun for good MW farm.
    2. Go to GM3 Freeplay and do chest route, just trigger mission first, because apparently that cancels the chest fix.

Honestly, this is just baffling how Bioware managed to pretty much step on every mine that was obvious to any sort of gamer playing these games.
    I mean, sure, if you're trying to min max. I play for fun so none of that will be things I'll be doing... hardcore minmaxers will ALWAYS find the cheap and easy method to do things.