Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

BiS-list for every stage (release - Naxxramas)(all classes)

This thread is discontinued. Use the following link instead:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51189005

Hi,

With the launch of the official Classic servers only being a few months away (hopefully) I thought it would be a good idea to share a sheet that our guild has been using to distribute loot. As familiar the loot distribution can be somewhat of a drama starter - especially in Classic, where bosses only drop 2-4 items per boss where there are 40 raiders drooling over the loot. Our guild has been active since the launch of the most recent super hyped private server and this list has worked very well. Less drama - happier raiders!

The sheet contains every “best-in-slot” item for every stage on the way (from release to Naxxramas) for “every viable” specc, with the best possible enchant for each slot. There is also a bonus sheet containing nature resistance items for each class for when the gates of Ahn’Qiraj are open.

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...BMWO5UxIWLlZl0

Use the sheet as you wish and do not hesitate to leave feedback or post if you have any questions, alt. contact me on Discord - pingaan#5396.

To top this up I would like to do some PR for our guild. We are a setup of mature ppl with a solid core on about 30 raiders. Many of us are family guys, but with a past vast experience in high-end raiding. Personally, I am one of the founders of Ad Noctum/Kreml High (vanilla-WotLK) and I have been acting as the guild master of this recent settlement. Along with players from past Nihilum, Method, Glamuor, Nightmares Asylum, Forte and more we have managed to create a laid-back guild with great atmosphere and decent raiding. We raid only twice a week and we raid hard! Keep and eye out for <Noctum> on the EU servers. We WILL be there!
    If you are interested in our guild please send me a PM on either these forums or Discord.
    I’ll happily invite you to our private Discord server for you to get a feel.

Note that even though the game launches with the preferences of the end of Vanilla (patch 1.12), the dungeon items added in 1.10< will most likely not be there from the start, hence they're not in the list!
    The list will be updated with future announcements and patches.

Change log:
    22 Nov (2018): Added holy paladins to the sheet.
    10 Dec (2018): Added a complete list of enchants for each class, matching each patch.
    21 Feb (2019): Updated elemental shaman, s-priest and a lot on the prot warrior columns.
    25 Feb (2019): Updated warrior weapons accordingly to racials, as well as added some dungeon BoP's
    11 Mar (2019): Added tooltips/notes to each cell with info about the items. Please send me a PM if you find any inaccurate info.
    12 Mar (2019): Updated the sheet to fit the latest blue post regarding 6 stages instead of the previous 4 stages.
    14 Mar (2019): Polished the thing up, updated a cloaks and offhands for the casters in the early stages. I also added a donate link (yes, I am that cheeky!)
    15 Mar (2019): Froze column one and row one for easier browsing.
    19 Mar (2019: The top left cell is open for advertisments. Contact me on j.tobias.lind@gmail.com if you are intersted.
    26 Mar (2019): Added a complete sub sheet containing all the vital buffs and consumables concerning raiding and PvE.
    31 Mar (2019): Total remake of the sheet. Added up every equipment sub-sheet to one. Added colouring to the items. Added icons to each item and buff. Added a wardrobe link to each gear setup.
    2 apr (2019): Added class picture avatars.
    9 apr (2019): New sub-sheet added! It contains a full list of the raid encounters with loot info, links to kill strategies, lore and info.
    10 apr (2019): #1. Added attunement guides to the encounter sub-sheet. #2. Added a pre-phase 3 AoE-tanking gear setup for bears and prot warriors. #3. Optimised phase 5-6 for s-priests. #4. Added links to listings of items good for all classes, such as second best, third best etc, for each slot - the links are embedded in the class avatars at the top of the equipment sub-sheet. #5. Various optimisations for druids and paladins. #6. With the latest blue post announced PvP plans, the sheet has been updated accordingly.
    11 apr (2019): Added shortcuts to each phase to the left in the "BiS" sub-sheet, as well as another donation button (even more cheeky)!
    14 april (2019): Corrected the rogue p6 dagger list. Added Scroll of Protection IV for tanks and Manual Crowd Pummeler as a consumable for ferals.
    18 april (2019): Updated mages p4, warriors (non orc/humans) pp1-p2, hunters pp1-p2.
    19 apr (2019): Made small corrections on druids (bears) in every phase.
    23 apr (2019): #1. Corrected chest piece for resto-shamans through pp1-p4. #2. Corrected trinkets for warriors p5-p6. #3. Added "swap-trinkets" for hunters and rogues. Swap-trinket definition: A "use-trinket" which you feign-death/vanish to switch from after the buff has run out.
    1 may (2019): Sheet is now updated to fit the lastest bluepost about skipping progressive itemization. Biggest change has been prot warrior. Please have a look and leave feedback.
    2 may (2019): Polished and corrected the hunter column!
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-05-14 at 07:15 PM.

Hey, thanks for posting but heads up - your google doc requires "Requesting Access" to view.
    Fix that by going to your doc, picking Share and then pick the option that is "People with this link can view"
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Doh! Thanks...

Nice!

It highlights how wonky itemization was in vanilla.

There's amazingly little tier as BiS for Tier 1.

And hunter's 8-piece bonuses for every tier must be amazing.

And the nature resist BiS lists have so much weird stuff in them...dungeon drops...Maraudon drops...random greens...geez.

The hunter's BiS Tier 3 trinket has 1% dodge on it...totally useful itemization in PvE.

The T2.5 sets must have been awful...looks like rogues and shamans are the only classes that get any real use out of them.

And slightly off-topic...what was best for healers? A separate spirit and MP5 set? Did it matter on fight? Or did different classes just stack different stats or what?

Also...I'd recommend adding that frost wand that was a quest reward for Viscidus in a note somewhere.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2019-02-20 at 02:21 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    Hi,

With the launch of the official Classic servers only being a few months away (hopefully) I thought it would be a good idea to share a sheet that our guild has been using to distribute loot. As familiar the loot distribution can be somewhat of a drama starter - especially in Classic, where bosses only drop 2-4 items per boss where there are 40 raiders drooling over the loot. Our guild has been active since the launch of the most recent super hyped private server and this list has worked very well. Less drama - happier raiders!

The sheet contains every “best-in-slot” item for every stage on the way (from release to Naxxramas) for “every viable” specc, with the best possible enchant for each slot. There is also a bonus sheet containing nature resistance items for each class for when the gates of Ahn’Qiraj are open.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Use the sheet as you wish and do not hesitate to leave feedback or post if you have any questions, alt. contact me on Discord - pingaan#5396.

To top this up I would like to do some PR for our guild. We are a setup of mature ppl with a solid core on about 30 raiders. Many of us are family guys, but with a past vast experience in high-end raiding. Personally, I am a one of the founders of Ad Noctum/Kreml High (vanilla-WotLK) and I have been acting as the guild master of this recent settlement. Along with players from past Nihilum, Method, Glamuor, Nightmares Asylum, Forte and more we have managed to create a layed-back guild with great atmosphere and decent raiding. We raid only twice a week and we raid hard! Keep and eye our for <Noctum> on the EU servers. We WILL be there!
    If you are interested in our guild please send me a PM on either these forums or Discord.
    I’ll happily invite you to our private Discord server for you to get a feel.

Note that even though the game launches with the preferences of the end of Vanilla (patch 1.12), the dungeon items added in 1.10< will most likely not be there from the start, hence they're not in the list!
    The list will be updated with future announcements and patches.
    I tried doing this once, for one spec, for one tier and I know how much work that was. Kudos for you for doing this and thank you a lot. This is super helpful. You could post this on the wow reddits now or maybe later when classic is out. Awesome work.

Really cool, good effort. I would recommend putting each class in their own tab though and have all their stages in that tab.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Did I miss something or is there no lazorchicken in there?

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Nice!

It highlights how wonky itemization was in vanilla.

And the nature resist BiS lists have so much weird stuff in them...dungeon drops...Maraudon drops...random greens...geez.

To be honest this is something that I miss most of all that I'm really sad current WoW lacks.

Back in Vanilla, itemization was all over the place and often the best possible item wasn't obvious. You could be max level and require a drop in a level 40~ dungeon to be geared the best. It makes old content relevant and gives you incentive to explore and try new things.

Current WoW is much less fun with gear. You know exactly where you need to go to get your gear and it just feels handed to you. That's just my opinion though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! TY for this.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man those items, loved getting that juicy mp5 on my little dwarf holy priest back then, farming some of those items was really fun especially considering alot of gear pre raid was still BiS for quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome list, saving it, thank you!

Wow nice! thanks for sharing!

Thanks, now I need to find that moron that said "Vanilla Tier were good" when most of the class don't use any before Tier 3.

Oh and caster don't really need NR for Viscidus, only non-caster for Huhuran.
    Last edited by Zequill; 2019-02-20 at 01:33 AM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Be careful with bis lists, without proper understanding of the underlying stats. It's very easy to get funneled into an item set, which is not at all optimal because you are missing one or more pieces. Remember that a best in slot list, assumes that the player has access to every single item on the list, all at once. This is especially the case with hit, where upon hitting cap any more is wasted entirely. This is not only a possible situation to find yourself in, it is almost guaranteed.

Knowing that the Drake Fang Talisman is best in slot on a hunter for example, is not useful information. It's obvious information. Alternatives has to be presented, assuming different items to be available to the player. A hunter is just not gonna acquire that item, in any reasonable time frame. It's likely you will move into AQ40 without it, and not at all unlikely you will move into Naxxramas without it.

Talisman of connivery, Quick strike ring and Drake fang talisman on a hunter is pure fantasy.

Options for a hunter in T2/T2.5 content + ZG
    Necks:
    Onyxia Tooth Pendant +1 hit
    Prestor's Talisman of Connivery +1 hit

Rings (2) :
    Band of Accuria +2 hit
    Quick Strike Ring +0 hit
    Circle of applied force +0 hit
    Ring of the unliving +0 hit (world boss, Dragons of nightmare)
    Band of jin + seal of jin combo (2 rings) +1 hit
    Don Julio's Band +1 hit

Trinkets:
    Drake Fang Talisman +2 hit
    Dire maul book +0 hit
    Blackhand's Breadth +0 hit

Cloak:
    Puissant cape +1 hit (world boss, Azuregos)

A hunters gearing path goes from pre-bit set, which is all reasonably obtainable from dungeons. Except the Dal'rends set, which you should always pass to melee guildies. From pre-bis, you get the full T1 set, then the full T2 set, then the full T3 set. There is some AQ40 set, which involve rank 13 and leather belt from C'thun, but that is another fantasy set to move towards. The cloak off of Ragnaros, granting +22 agility is not desired by anyone but Alliance hunters (kings bonus) to my knowledge. Even Horde hunters should consider the added stamina, fire resistance and nature resistance, at least as a backup for AQ40.

I added the hit values to the items, to emphasize how different your item setup can end up being. In addition to all of this, there exist situations where a hunter may prefer adding the +7 damage scope over the +3% hit scope if certain items are available. A Troll hunter with the Rhok'delar bow will most certainly do this, as the +5 weapon skills add +3% hit for free vs boss level mobs. The crossbow is quite rare after all, and trolls would do well to pass it to the orc hunters.

Without the proper context. Bis lists does not alleviate any drama issues over bosses only dropping 2-5 pieces of loot. In fact, it does the opposite. Looking at the bis list, i should seek out the quick strike ring. But with the knowledge that i have, i know that the quick strike ring represent an insignificant upgrade over other options. The ring has +9 strength, in addition to the attack power and the critical strike bonus. There are other options, which are almost as good without taking valuable items from other people.

Edit:
    Hunter is just the class i know the best, and is most comfortable discussing in depth. I'm sure players more familiar, will find equally unreasonable item combinations which are only best in slot provided every single one of the ''exotic'' items is present and equipped. An ''exotic'' item in my mind, being an item which is desired by 10+ players.
    Last edited by NovatHunter; 2019-02-20 at 07:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No Retribution paladin list
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I can only speak for resto shaman but it looks quite good. I did not look into items from classic a long time but I actually remember almost every item on that list. Brings back memories and I decided right now in this moment to play resto shaman and not mage Damn I am really looking forward to classic wow.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I tried doing this once, for one spec, for one tier and I know how much work that was. Kudos for you for doing this and thank you a lot. This is super helpful. You could post this on the wow reddits now or maybe later when classic is out. Awesome work.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._naxxramasall/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Thanks, now I need to find that moron that said "Vanilla Tier were good" when most of the class don't use any before Tier 3.

Oh and caster don't really need NR for Viscidus, only non-caster for Huhuran.
    No one needs NR-gear for Viscidus, except for the tank perhaps.. Huhuran is the NR boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Sadly, neither ret or prot paladins have a spot in a decent raid setup in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    There was only Holy Paladins in vanilla mate.
    Hi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why would people want an OOMkin?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    He said viable specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.