Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So the latest fashion is to do either:

1. Run Temple of Scar 2 chest and quit midrun for good MW farm.
    2. Go to GM3 Freeplay and do chest route, just trigger mission first, because apparently that cancels the chest fix.

Honestly, this is just baffling how Bioware managed to pretty much step on every mine that was obvious to any sort of gamer playing these games.
    My question is, why?
    The chase for gear is the only thing there is in the game. If your cheesing it, what is there? what are you even playing for at that point?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My question is, why?
    The chase for gear is the only thing there is in the game. If your cheesing it, what is there? what are you even playing for at that point?
    You ask me why chase gear in a looter shooter that's all about getting gear?

That's a giggle of the day there.

Depends on the reason you're getting the gear. If literally the only thing you care about is getting gear, that's one thing, but actually playing teh game using the gear you're getting in order to tackle greater challenges, etc... that's a different story.

Just seems really weird to chase gear JUST to chase gear, rather than chasing it so you can enjoy the harder difficulties of the game and experience new challenges.

10+ Year Old Account

I think he meant, why rush the chase by cheesing it. Once you have all the gear, completed all the content, what is left?

My answer would be, people rush to complete the content first, and fastest. It is what some people enjoy to do in gaming, rather than playing the game for what it is worth.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Let me stop you right there, lol.

Go ahead and youtube videos of RDR2 bugs. The game may as well have been made by Bethesda.
    but it's rockstar! there can't be bugs in their games according to youtubers! How you dare!!!
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    but it's rockstar! there can't be bugs in their games according to youtubers! How you dare!!!
    lol indeed.

Not going to say it was a bad game or anything to that affect. Just that it, like GTA, has it's fair share of crazy bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think he meant, why rush the chase by cheesing it. Once you have all the gear, completed all the content, what is left?

My answer would be, people rush to complete the content first, and fastest. It is what some people enjoy to do in gaming, rather than playing the game for what it is worth.
    Again you ask me why people choose the most efficient way to gear up in a looter game? I am baffled, do I really need to explain this?

Usually your chasing gear to be able to do fun activity X. But there is no X here. There is nothing to chase for, Grand Master is just a bigger bullet sponge.

By cheesing the gear chase your removing the one fun element the game has. And then after hours of it they burn out, complain there is nothing to do and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you ask me why people choose the most efficient way to gear up in a looter game? I am baffled, do I really need to explain this?
    Potentially, Because we've explained two reasons why they would already.

1. To be competitive and complete End Game before others
    2. To rush through the game and unintentionally end up disappointed by the short game length.

Other than that, I don't see any other reason to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Usually your chasing gear to be able to do fun activity X. But there is no X here. There is nothing to chase for, Grand Master is just a bigger bullet sponge.

By cheesing the gear chase your removing the one fun element the game has. And then after hours of it they burn out, complain there is nothing to do and quit.
    This is what Anthem amounts to. It's a typical looter shooter - there is no "game" here. It's treadmill of doing same shit all over again for better loot, that's it. And when there is a way to get shit faster, people will do it, because this is how these games are setup.

There is no need to try making Anthem into something it's not anyway.

This is what Anthem amounts to. It's a typical looter shooter - there is no "game" here. It's treadmill of doing same shit all over again for better loot, that's it. And when there is a way to get shit faster, people will do it, because this is how these games are setup.

There is no need to try making Anthem into something it's not anyway.
    Which is a big problem for the games longevity and why so many are calling for undecided people to wait.
    There is no carrot, there is just a stick.
    Even in D3 your chasing something to use your gear on (a higher Rift number).

Anthem has nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This kind of hyperbole is wretched.
    What hyperbole? Chest runs and stronghold farm for chests (in part also due to final boss being useless) is really... like REALLY something they should have figured out will happen. I mean... come on. That's like basics.

I mean, come on?

I'm not talking here about a bunch of affixes on items not working, that's bugs unique to the game (even if that's not a first really), but that? Having to drop everything and start hotfixing this obvious stuff on launch? Eeeesh.

I do think anthem have some potential, the core gameplay is kinda fun which is important, as long as they can improve/fix all of the problems over time and add more meaningful stuff do to it can be something really nice

WE NEED FUCKING text Chat!!!!!!!!!

Cannot stand this no communication whatso ever. Specially when players are lost

Other than that, I am really liking the story. Some say it is boring, but I find it to be enjoyable. I am a freelancer in a ditch of a town trying to make my way. I like its progression so far. Just got the Signet of Tarsis. I like it. Action is a bit far and between, but I appreciate that in this setting

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I can see that side. Im not all doom and gloom. Im very much enjoying my time and looking forward to improvements. I would be bummed if I paid more than 15$ for it at this stage, though.
    Thing is, and a lot of people seem to be forgetting this, you aren't going to be paying anything else when they add content if you buy the box.

That 60$ is it, and then if you wanna buy skins you can but they're not charging you 40$ for 2 DLC's that clearly aren't worth 40$ like destiny does, you don't need to be subbed, you'll just get to log in and go at it. When they have the time to fully implement and polish all this stuff they clearly didn't have the time to do before launch, as well as all the changes they'll make via feedback, you can just pick up the game and enjoy it because there's no additional costs.

I imagine as a player who is already enjoying the game with it still on the prelaunch build without the myriad of fixes coming "day 1" or even what's to come in the future, I think I'll be getting my moneys worth when I drop the 54$ for the box.

Hell I just dropped 30$ to go see a movie by myself between the snacks and the ticket, and that was all of like 2ish hours of entertainment.

The question is more, why do it in a way that undermines the progression or worse in the case of the chest farming route. Unless you're just farming gear for completionist sake so you can stop playing the game quicker or something odd.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    WE NEED FUCKING text Chat!!!!!!!!!

Cannot stand this no communication whatso ever. Specially when players are lost
    This is especially true for the launch bay.

Having a social hub where you can't socialize is pretty freaking pointless. At least its something they're supposedly working on, or at least acknowledged.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Hell I just dropped 30$ to go see a movie by myself between the snacks and the ticket, and that was all of like 2ish hours of entertainment.
    And it's not like you can go back into the theater and be like "but I already paid! I should get to watch it again!"

If you want to replay the anthem story, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's fun enough as is, so I'll gladly play that 6-12 months while it gets fleshed out. Rather have that then a 6-12 month delay, it's not like the game is unplayable or not fun.
    It just sets a bad precedent that lets these companies continue shipping a half-finished product. The complete flipside of that was Respawn shipping Apex in a very solid state. (Granted, the scope of the game is much smaller on a proven engine, but the sentiment stands)

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    It just sets a bad precedent that lets these companies continue shipping a half-finished product. The complete flipside of that was Respawn shipping Apex in a very solid state. (Granted, the scope of the game is much smaller on a proven engine, but the sentiment stands)
    It's no different then an MMO expansion launch....

First few weeks you only get leveling and dungeons.

Few weeks later you get raids and pvp

couple of months more content

then more content a few months later.

I personally still have a lot to do in game and I've played for over 40 hrs, not might fault people rush and then Bitch that there is nothing to do, people do the same thing in MMO's all the time. They have a lot of things planned for the upcoming month, so it's whatever.

But I also couldn't give two shits about things like text chat, or guilds, or what have you.

Yes, Anthem currently is a buggy and unfinished game BUT the gameplay is insanely fun. It feels and looks awesome flying around and blowing up stuff with your different types of javelins and builds. This alone keeps me playing for hours despite the obvious issues with the game. It would be a lot worse the other way around because you can't fix a game with terrible core gameplay*

The release patch on Friday is going to improve a lot of things and fix many essential bugs. After that they should focus on endgame progression (difficulty curve, loot system, item stats & abilities) and releasing more content.

If you want a polished game I would suggest waiting, though.

*Hello, current WoW class design...
    Last edited by chooi; 2019-02-20 at 12:57 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes shooting and action are really good.

I sat down today to farm my ass off with for like 4 hours doing 2 chest run in Temple of Scar.

Ended with a ridiculous blast damage Ranger build with Truth of Tarsis and like 150% Blast Damage increase hitting weak spots with Truth of Tarsis for 90k plus setting off combos and Blast Missile/Seeker Grenade doing something like 40k give or take.

I heard there is some guy that can get something like 200k Devastator shots with this build, but I bet this and many other builds will be nerfed because there is clearly unintended MW/Regular inscription double stacking possible now.