Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Let's put it this way, progression is so out of whack I no longer feel the need to engage in mythic+ or raids. They are handing me the gear through other means. My main is sitting at 390 item level, I haven't run but one regular mythic 5 man for the story and zero raids. I play 3 hours a week just to kill time. I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous and strips any reason to want to even mess with the rest of the content.
    So your main is sitting at 390, when you are supposed to be at 410, with 420 ilvl traits and not 385 ones, yet somehow you feel complete because of a number.

So, because you avoid content that will show you, your character is a pile of useless steaming shit compared to what its supposed to be, its somehow the games fault.

They are handing out gear for free because its irrelevant shitty gear meant to make you catch up with the active population in order to be useful.

Cause same as everything else and every other game the last 5-8 years.

"No one has the time to wait for others".

Get off your high horse because you choose to remain blind with irrelevant content.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-20 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    I mean if you never do lfr and stick to higher difficulties, the "apathy from beating the game" is non-existent.
    And yes, lfr is a blight, a plague

Also, Dark souls has NG++
    Yes it has and just like in wow majority do not care about ng++. People wont just blidnly cover their eyes and pretend LFR isnt in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes it has and just like in wow majority do not care about ng++. People wont just blidnly cover their eyes and pretend LFR isnt in game.
    the same way you don't like ng+ in dark souls, a lot of people don't like/do lfr.

I fully acknowledge that it's in the game, i just dont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    So your main is sitting at 390, when you are supposed to be at 410, with 420 ilvl traits and not 385 ones, yet somehow you feel complete because of a number.

So, because you avoid content that will show you, your character is a pile of useless steaming shit compared to what its supposed to be, its somehow the games fault.

They are handing out gear for free because its irrelevant shitty gear meant to make you catch up with the active population in order to be useful.

Cause same as everything else and every other game the last 5-8 years.

"No one has the time to wait for others".
    He doesnt need better gear. He alredy faceroll 99% of all wow content and mythic isnt worth of time as explained prevyously. Thanks to accessible raiding where anyone can finish content doing mythic is nothig but waste of time. You have 10-20 more itemlvl hur durr noabdy cares. In few months there will be patch and 420 will become utter trash gear.

He doesnt need better gear. He alredy faceroll 99% of all wow content and mythic isnt worth of time as explained prevyously. Thanks to accessible raiding where anyone can finish content doing mythic is nothig but waste of time. You have 10-20 more itemlvl hur durr noabdy cares. In few months there will be patch and 420 will become utter trash gear.
    Then you are the same as the crying people, clueless.

You have no idea what game you are playing and who knows why the fuck are you even playing it.

WoW was, and will always be a Western MMO Genre, also known as Max Level gear chase and reset.

And no, some 390 kid claiming those type of stuff is just a LFR hero, he hasnt done "99% content has to offer".

You have no idea what game you are playing and who knows why the fuck are you even playing it.

WoW was, and will always be a Western MMO Genre, also known as Max Level gear chase and reset.

And no, some 390 kid claiming those type of stuff is just a LFR hero, he hasnt done "99% content has to offer".
    he'd get denied to 8/10 heroic groups, heh.

I never understand the "in a few months gear will be trash" squad because... why play ever if the gear is gonna be replaced? lol

There is difference between gear reset every patch and every expansion on top huge itemlvl inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

he'd get denied to 8/10 heroic groups, heh.

I never understand the "in a few months gear will be trash" squad because... why play ever if the gear is gonna be replaced? lol
    I dont get denied. Last time i have played i have finished LFR Uldir on my mage and quit playing after that. Now i wait for 8.2 and when LFR will be fully opened i will again join in finish entire content in couple of days and unaub again propably till new expansion. Game isny worth it to be played in long sessions befouse all i have to do is wait. Save money, save time and at right time when there is more content pay sub and finish everything what you have been progressing for months in couple of days.

There is difference between gear reset every patch and every expansion on top huge itemlvl inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont get denied. Last time i have played i have finished LFR Uldir on my mage and quit playing after that. Now i wait for 8.2 and when LFR will be fully opened i will again join in finish entire content in couple of days and unaub again propably till new expansion. Game isny worth it to be played in long sessions befouse all i have to do is wait. Save money, save time and at right time when there is more content pay sub and finish everything what you have been progressing for months in couple of days.
    See, this is the funny part about the WoW community, especially the ones crying about stuff.

You literally say "I do not play the game as its intended but i still throw 100-200$ at them now and then but since i throw the money at intervals, i feel superior and smarter and they suck".

So, you think because you unsub for 3-5 months every now and then, and then return to only play a few hours, but you buy the full expansion and who knows what else, i can probably guess Tokens, you somehow, SOMEHOW CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME CHANGED THIS WAY!

And no, there is absolutely 0 difference between expansion reset and patch reset, the game has been this way since WoTLK, it hasnt changed, yet somehow, 10 years after you people are realizing it.

Stop trying to play Skyrim or Baldur's Gate or Vanilla WoW, or FFVII or whatever RPG you think you want WoW to be, in WoW.

WoW was and still is, raid or quit.

People are just reaching that point faster than before because Blizzard chose to do so.

They figured out that your type, wont play the stuff they prepare, but hey! You will pay for a goth blood elf, and a stone troll and a fat human.

Go figure why the game has changed, maybe not you personally, but your type of player definitely will.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-20 at 01:42 AM.

See, this is the funny part about the WoW community, especially the ones crying about stuff.

You literally say "I do not play the game as its intended but i still throw 100-200$ at them now and then but since i throw the money at intervals, i feel superior and smarter and they suck".

So, you think because you unsub for 3-5 months every now and then, and then return to only play a few hours, but you buy the full expansion and who knows what else, i can probably guess Tokens, you somehow, SOMEHOW CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME CHANGED THIS WAY!

And no, there is absolutely 0 difference between expansion reset and patch reset, the game has been this way since WoTLK, it hasnt changed, yet somehow, 10 years after you people are realizing it.

Stop trying to play Skyrim or Baldur's Gate or Vanilla WoW, or FFVII or whatever RPG you think you want WoW to be, in WoW.

WoW was and still is, raid or quit.

People are just reaching that point faster than before because Blizzard chose to do so.

They figured out that your type, wont play the stuff they prepare, but hey! You will pay for a goth blood elf, and a stone troll and a fat human.

Go figure why the game has changed, maybe not you personally, but your type of player definitely will.
    Unsub for 3-5 months? I was subbed for 2 months. total since game came out. I didnt buy single thing from shop. And yes wow is worth the money for 2 months but it isnt worth playing long term.

Yes there is difference in patch and ezpansion reset and no just becouse it was there since wotlk doesnt make it good system. And of you didnt notice wow right now is ghost town. People actualy did quit the game. I used to pla on one of the most populated realm. This realm even with crossrealm is dead.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-02-20 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Designing a system of RPG progression centered on the clothes you wear is monumentally dumb to start with and it's no surprise that we've ended up here. If they're going to revamp any major systems this is the one they should start with. There are plenty of paper RPG progression systems to inspire something that could be turned into code.

Progression is fake and always has been. The only difference now is that progression resets happen more frequently than with new expansions.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-02-20 at 02:16 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Designing a system of RPG progression centered on the clothes you wear is monumentally dumb to start with and it's no surprise that we've ended up here. If they're going to revamp any major systems this is the one they should start with. There are plenty of paper RPG progression systems to inspire something that could be turned into code.

Progression is fake and always has been. The only difference now is that progression resets happen more frequently than with new expansions.
    It would be fine if rewards from absolote content would get removed pernamently. So if you earned those uldir mythic sets when raid was relevant you could be proud of it forever. At this point progression would feel less wasted becouse you got something for your time spent what have value.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fine if rewards from absolote content would get removed pernamently. So if you earned those uldir mythic sets when raid was relevant you could be proud of it forever. At this point progression would feel less wasted becouse you got something for your time spent what have value.
    Shiny objects for boosting ego are not the same thing as game progression.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It makes people care more about content. Look at mage tower. WoW lacks both solo and group content with exclusive worthwhile rewards. This have nothing to so with ego. People raided back in vannila to see content and get gear. Thats why they pushed this content. With difficulty leveles inciative to see content is gone. With catch up and reset every patch, titanforging or welfare gear people stop care about gear. Inciative to own good looking gear is also gone thanks to transmog. So what exactly is there left for players as motivation to push harder content?

being gear based means that people can't fuck it up permanently
    I'm 100% sure that's one of their key design points.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes people care more about content. Look at mage tower. WoW lacks both solo and group content with exclusive worthwhile rewards. This have nothing to so with ego. People raided back in vannila to see content and get gear. Thats why they pushed this content. With difficulty leveles inciative to see content is gone. With catch up and reset every patch, titanforging or welfare gear people stop care about gear. Inciative to own good looking gear is also gone thanks to transmog. So what exactly is there left for players as motivation to push harder content?
    aotc/cutting edge now top 100 rankings

but sure pal whatever

I agree with a lot of your points OP, particulary with the scaling level of mobs that took away the feeling of progress and if anything blizzard should had just buffed the adds or keep the scaling to certain ilvl so the players can feel powerful outside of raid content. Now about difficulties in the game content I find it actually ok because people wants to play certain level of progress, but I think Normal mode is useless pretty much since Heroic isn't really a big leap unless the raid composition is very bad(many melees or few people) which obviously are overlooked by blizzard and damages a lot the fight because it makes it more harder or easy to cheese than it should be
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

being gear based means that people can't fuck it up permanently
    I'm 100% sure that's one of their key design points.

- - - Updated - - -

aotc/cutting edge now top 100 rankings

but sure pal whatever
    Small wake up call for you. Nobady cares about some achievement what gets lost in thousands of achievements what peopme alredy have. You seriouly think that people will gather up to do higher difficulty content to get some achievement popup on your screen? Oh i can alredy see thousands upon thousands of peole getting woke as thei realized they missed couple of achievemets so better start scheduling your life, study bosses and ahow up for raid becouse that achievement is totaly worth of all that time spent in raid. I have several AOTC and cutting edges till end of MoP. I dont give **** about any one of them. They very poor reward for pushing yourself this hard.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-02-20 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I agree with a lot of your points OP, particulary with the scaling level of mobs that took away the feeling of progress and if anything blizzard should had just buffed the adds or keep the scaling to certain ilvl so the players can feel powerful outside of raid content. Now about difficulties in the game content I find it actually ok because people wants to play certain level of progress, but I think Normal mode is useless pretty much since Heroic isn't really a big leap unless the raid composition is very bad(many melees or few people) which obviously are overlooked by blizzard and damages a lot the fight because it makes it more harder or easy to cheese than it should be
    the scaling stops around 340, if you have "gear" you can faceroll all the world content save the elite mobs without issue, and the elite ones *might* require you to press a defensive

heroic daz and normal daz are like night and day tbh, bosses in normal lose complete phases/abilities. Like, no frog in conclave is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Small wake up call for you. Nobady cares about some achievement what gets lost in thousands of achievements what peopme alredy have. You seriouly think that people will gather up to do higher difficulty content to get some achievement popup on your screen? Oh i can alredy see thousands upon thousands of peole getting woke as their realized they missed couple of achievemets so better start scheduling your life, study bosses and ahow up for raid becouse that achievement is totaly worth of all that time spent in raid. I have several AOTC and cutting edges till end of MoP. I dont give **** about any one of them. They very poor reward for pushing yourself this hard.
    You clearly don't want to do anything in game but complain on forums.

newsflash, be it a mount, or an achievment, it's all pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Bottom line is that WoW isn't an RPG anymore.

It also doesn't feel like an MMO either due to sharding.

So what is it? Instanced content queue simulator 2019?
    ah yes, the idiotic "WoW iSnT aN rPg AnYmoRe" spiel.

I swear this place is just incestuous at this point.

the scaling stops around 340, if you have "gear" you can faceroll all the world content save the elite mobs without issue, and the elite ones *might* require you to press a defensive

heroic daz and normal daz are like night and day tbh, bosses in normal lose complete phases/abilities. Like, no frog in conclave is huge.
    I have 380 because of cache loot, wf free gear and some titanforge but I feel everything is still the same and I am playing with both Hunter and Warrior, so hardly anything related to the class in terms of skill.

I haven't done the new raid yet, but I did Uldir and only Mythrax, Zul and G'huun was pretty much the same in both normal and heroic, hard to beat, not just some faceroll bosses like the first 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Yes not the same but "shiny objects" is important part of getting rewarded for X hours spent playing the game, M+ challenged the status quo in Legion and removal of item sets and hard gear reset every major content patch in BfA trivialized sense of progression even more effectively separating PvP, M+ and raiding communities, poor game design choices if you ask me.