Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or you know, people had been complaining it was way too fast for years...
    also if you think leveling a char takes a month your... your bad at the game
    Who said month? I didn't say month, I said "Grindy" it's all by design to make them more money, it's been literally proven via various spreadsheets compared to previous years that its all been done for revenue generation.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Have you see how much money people throw away just for purely cosmetic stuff in lots of multiplayer games?

I blame TF2 with their hats!
    Good point. I don't play or follow games like that, but the reward structure for games like Fortnight are all cosmetic, right?

People like and want LOTS of things I don't care about, it's not my place to deny them. I don't get allied races personally, and if I were still playing, I probably would never unlock them, but that doesn't mean other people can't care, or shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Imagine if they waited until people were already clearing black temple to release space goats and belfs :S
    Hahaha exactly. The timegating is a load of shit

The Alliance must gain the trust of the Draenei by cleansing the temple of Illidan and the Fel Orcs, gain exhalted with the Ashtongue Deathsworn, The Exodar and complete all atunements.

The Horde must gain the trust of the Blood Elves by Kill Kael'Thas in Tempest Keep, gain exhalted with Silvermoon, Tranquillien and complete all atunements for Tempest Keep

Akama's shade would be turning in his grave. I remember the new race release as it used to be

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Who said month? I didn't say month, I said "Grindy" it's all by design to make them more money, it's been literally proven via various spreadsheets compared to previous years that its all been done for revenue generation.
    can you show where it has been "literally proven via various spreadsheets"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hard to be hyped for races that are timegated.

Imagine being a new player. You get told at least 5 of the races added to this game you can go play to your hearts content. But if you want the other 6 (soon to be 8) you have to jump through hoops.

There is literally zero reason to make Allied Races timegated, rep gated or any other form of gate. They should be available to play the minute they are ready on the character selection screen just like the races added before them.

All they've done is take a core feature of the game and put it behind a stupid timegate in an effort to hope people will be too lazy to level them and will pay for race changes and boosts. Nothing more or less. There is absolutely no reason they can't just be on the select screen like the other races when they are ready to roll out.

And heh the video has the majority of dislikes out of 5k total. 3.3k
    There’s actually a pretty good reason to make them gated. The wow team wants to add more races but it isn’t worth the cost so by putting in things like time gating they can go to who ever does the books and tell them that it wouldn’t be a complete waste of resources. Just adding new races to the select screen cost money and gets them like nothing and just like pre lfr raids is Proabbly hard to justify.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    LOL - those allied races just stink of "Please purchase race changes!" how sad.
    Hasn’t that been every race ever added?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    This is the biggest time gate blizzard ever done i think.

For zandalari sure but not for the fat humans as they were actually still indevolpment.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. They could have easily had these Allied Races just there on the character select screen. And just kept adding them in patches/expansions.

But of course timegating them and making them start at a lower level = more money from boosts/race changes. Pitiful if I'm honest.
    They couldn’t have had them start on day one as fat humans weren’t done on day one.

Also every single race starts at a low level are you really complaing the new ones start 19 levels higher then every other one now?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    No, because if your Race is available day 1, you can level it from the first day of the expac, be ready to do dungeons/raid directly.

With the Races being released 6 months in, in the middle of one tier, the only choice is race swap / level boost if you don't want to be left behind in terms of progress (especially now we have grindy bullshit like Artifact weapons/neck, every week you miss is an important downgrade).

STEP4: Wait some more lmaoooo, did they fire the voice narrator guy too? =)))

Seems I indeed was wrong, go figure. At least already am finished with those requirements to get them. But still find it weird that both races are still being worked on. Even if they were unfinished at release of BfA, should have been done by now.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Imagine if they waited until people were already clearing black temple to release space goats and belfs :S
    EXACTLY!
    Kids don't even have an idea about how disgusting the video game industry nowadays. Back then you visited the store and bought the game for 40$ or the collector for 60$ and you were done. You had everything on that disc.

It is like the VGA industry... you would expect that the older cards' price go down... no, they never go down! You just have to pay more and more and more...
    Last edited by dhru2; 2019-02-20 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Should have brought popcorn today, there's so much salt around here~
    The amount of salt rivals even the pacific ocean's salt...

10+ Year Old Account
    They better damn well advertise you need something like 10 factions exalted before you can play these characters.

New players to WoW have no clue none of the allied races for example are playable out of the box, which is complete bullshit. It's just a scam to keep people subbed longer.

Blizzard has sunk so so deep.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am alittle sad we didn't get a patch day. I am kinda hoping it's right after the last wing of LFR is released. Since I feel like blizz will make us wait a month for the next raid. Which confuses me.. Why does blizzard insist on making people wait for their raids?

Quote Originally Posted by dhru2 View Post
    EXACTLY!
    Kids don't even have an idea about how disgusting the video game industry nowadays. Back then you visited the store and bought the game for 40$ or the collector for 60$ and you were done. You had everything on that disc.

It is like the VGA industry... you would expect that the older cards' price go down... no, they never go down! You just have to pay more and more and more...
    I don't think what he said is comparable to what we got from allied races... different concepts and there are more of AR, even if they are "recolors" they have different racials, jokes, flitrs and I think (don't know) dances, that makes them different enough.

There are way more important stuff to be salty about BFA that blizzard saying since some months ago that they would come in 8.1.5 and even explained why it happened, lies or not, that's better than nothing.

If I were blizzard, I'll would make cry more these manchildren that cry so much but still are going to play these races, by saying "oh, it seems that you really don't wat them seeing the stupid dislike ratio, ok, no kul'tirans and zandalari, maybe later, bye bitches, cry me a river!" oh man, I could eat so much popcorn out of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah good point. Ion did actually lie out of his teeth about them. I remember reading after a Q and A or sometime around that you only needed the war campaign done.

Nice to know they were being dishonest by leaving out the other method.
    I'm sorry if I'm being harsh here but they have spread quite a lot of information, people who really cared about it know it all, the only thing you are right is that they have changed stuff of what they said, but when they changed it they have said so and even apologised.

- - - Updated - - -

Mate the story has been a disjointed mess since Mists at least. But at least Mists had some coherency.

Allied Races in general are just trash. They should have been available from launch. The Legion 4 anyway. This whole "lore" and "earning their trust" shit is just a crappy way to timegate it. Nothing more or less.

The unlock quests when you get the requirements done are trash too. Just a glorified scenario then they are all like "FOR TEH ALLIANCE/HORDE".
    Since mists? please, since the start..

10+ Year Old Account
    whilst everyone else is mad at this I'm just thinking I need to up my game, stop mucking about, and get the reqs finished. I'm actually happy content like this, and to a lesser degree achievements exist because it makes you get more out of the game. with all the allied races, and other content there's no way I could have dealt with ANOTHER two races to level as well, so, genuinely happy the content is spaced out.

you may think differently to me, but that's fine. There's more pressing things in live to get mad at than a game I choose to pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    If I were blizzard, I'll would make cry more these manchildren that cry so much but still are going to play these races, by saying "oh, it seems that you really don't wat them seeing the stupid dislike ratio, ok, no kul'tirans and zandalari, maybe later, bye bitches, cry me a river!" oh man, I could eat so much popcorn out of that.
    Do you know what is even worse for a company? When people stop complaining, giving a f*ck and just ignore your product.
    So they should thank us for the feedback (negative feedback has more value btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its a game.

You know that right?
    shhh you will make their dream bubbles explode, (they still don't know that reality is out of the game and not the game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So I do need Zandalar Forever and a Nation United? They had said Tides of Vengeance and being exalted with the reps. Fuck this.
    I don't want to be a jerk here but I think the title itself of the achievment should tell you that you need them even if blizzard never said it, I mean, If you don't have those achievments then you would not be friendly with them and that doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There’s actually a pretty good reason to make them gated. The wow team wants to add more races but it isn’t worth the cost so by putting in things like time gating they can go to who ever does the books and tell them that it wouldn’t be a complete waste of resources. Just adding new races to the select screen cost money and gets them like nothing and just like pre lfr raids is Proabbly hard to justify.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

For zandalari sure but not for the fat humans as they were actually still indevolpment.

- - - Updated - - -

They couldn’t have had them start on day one as fat humans weren’t done on day one.

Also every single race starts at a low level are you really complaing the new ones start 19 levels higher then every other one now?
    Not a good reason sorry. You just basically confirmed that allied races intent is profit driven. So again they've taken what used to be a core feature and basically timegated it in this whole obsession with profits/MAU>enjoyable experience.

Also the level thing is a bad argument. You can start the game at 55 since DK had their restriction removed. 19 more levels hurts nothing. You can literally have a 98 character by playing 15 levels of the game.

Also don't split hairs. You know damn well I didn't mean these races on day 1. They could have saved the Legion allied races for day 1 and then added others through patches/expansions.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-20 at 11:27 AM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thematically there's no reason to have withheld the trolls for so long. The Zandalari and the Horde immediately committed acts of war on to the Alliance by nearly burning Stormwind down, killing their soldiers, engaging with Jaina as well as destroying the pursing ships all before stepping foot on Zandalar. Once on Zandalar, they give us their prestigious golden temple and port as a staging area which allows us to make incursions in to Alliance territory while the Alliance are doing the same on to their land. We kill Ghu'un as well as Zul and essentially clean up the mess made by King Rastakhan and they're still undecided.

It's absolutely incredible that it takes a full on invasion followed by the death of Rastakhan for them to realize which side they're on.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    shhh you will make their dream bubbles explode, (they still don't know that reality is out of the game and not the game)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to be a jerk here but I think the title itself of the achievment should tell you that you need them even if blizzard never said it, I mean, If you don't have those achievments then you would not be friendly with them and that doesn't really make sense.
    I thought exalted with Proudmoore Admirality and Zandalar Empire along with the Tides of Vengeance war campaigns would be sufficient. Zandalar Forever/A Nation United sounds more like the requirements for flying which makes me wonder what the requirements for flying will be.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No, because if your Race is available day 1, you can level it from the first day of the expac, be ready to do dungeons/raid directly.

With the Races being released 6 months in, in the middle of one tier, the only choice is race swap / level boost if you don't want to be left behind in terms of progress (especially now we have grindy bullshit like Artifact weapons/neck, every week you miss is an important downgrade).
    You would be behind either way the difference is being behind at launch when there are no catch ups or being behind when there are catch ups.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a good reason sorry. You just basically confirmed that allied races intent is profit driven. So again they've taken what used to be a core feature and basically timegated it in this whole obsession with profits/MAU>enjoyable experience.

Also the level thing is a bad argument. You can start the game at 55 since DK had their restriction removed. 19 more levels hurts nothing. You can literally have a 98 character by playing 15 levels of the game.

Also don't split hairs. You know damn well I didn't mean these races on day 1. They could have saved the Legion allied races for day 1 and then added others through patches/expansions.
    Most things in wow are profit driven it’s the reason we still have raids. Them putting in a bunch of extra work for no gain is a nice ideal but it’s also not realistic.

Classes are also not comparable to races he’ll dk’s and Dh’s cant even be every race. Every other race starts at 1 allied races start at 20 there has been nothing but a gain.