Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yeah he did, but I highly doubt they'd actually do that.

They've seen the alliance v horde bias shitstorm (even over tiny things) so far, it would be a PR nightmare for them to do it. (Granted they just laid off the entire PR team, so anything goes!)

We saw the outrage over an ilvl 400 piece the first week, imagine an entire -race-.

And it's pretty much looking all but confirmed we'll get junker gnomes as our allied race countepart.

I also don't think it'll be the last bunch of allied races in the game, its practically printing $$ for blizzard.
    You're not wrong about the Reddit and MMOc shitstorm that would follow a new Horde race and no Alliance race. That said how much does that really matter if it makes sense for the game? realistically these communities are the minority of the player base. That said it's the most dedicated part of their player base so upsetting them probably isn't a great idea. I'm not sure. Personally I'd be okay with it. I think a forced "equal" allied race for the opposite faction would be worse in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It isn't Vulpera. They've had literally 0 impact on the story thus far in BFA. Besides, fox people? Come on
    guys.
    I mean, what did the Worgen and Goblins do in Cata? They were there for the opening act and then that was it.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

It isn't Vulpera. They've had literally 0 impact on the story thus far in BFA. Besides, fox people? Come on
    guys.
    lol

We've had cow people and panda people since Warcraft 3, how are fox people any different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I mean, what did the Worgen and Goblins do in Cata? They were there for the opening act and then that was it.
    Worgen - Story precedent that was left unfinished prior to Cata, once Cata claimed, it was explained in
    a sensible, was handled well (first the Worgen curse, then dealing with encroaching Forsaken forces)
    in a storyline that made sense to bring them into the Alliance. They didn't do much later on (bliz's
    fault in terms of story-telling), but there was a lot of work done to make them work into the narrative.

Same for Goblins, plus you have a previous WC3 Horde race that was heavily requested.

None of what happened with either happened with the Vulpera. And as you put it, they were there for the
    questing zone and then that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    lol

We've had cow people and panda people since Warcraft 3, how are fox people any different?
    Warcraft is **HEAVILY** inspired by Gamesworkshop's Warhammer franchise. All Tauren are essentially
    Beastkin minus the savagery and worship of Chaos.

Pandaren at least introduce a different motif, kung fu, and Eastern mythologies/influences into the fantasy
    narrative.

Plus Blizzard themselves have stated that not **every** race we come across is going to be an Allied Race.

Seriously, Vulpera are really friggin small population wise, why else would you think they were heavily
    threatened by the Sethrak and needed Horde intervention to save them? With the exception of some
    individuals, they aren't a race of Warriors, nor is it really in their culture to be, unlike with Goblins
    and Gnomes were there is existing precedent for it, despite their small stature (plus unlike with the
    Vulpera, they have enough of a population to actually have armies and the like). They didn't have that
    kind of force. They're primarily merchants and scavengers. They bring absolutely nothing to the Horde.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-02-20 at 01:49 AM.

Plus Blizzard themselves have stated that not **every** race we come across is going to be an Allied Race.
    Yes. And? It's painfully obvious which races are and aren't going to be allied races. So far every other new race in BFA that has player-level detailed models has become playable.
    Since you have the brain of a troglodyte I'll explain it to you in simple language. Blizzard is a big corporation, big corporations do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and countless man-hours on things like this for shits and giggles, Blizzard's business plan for the Vulpera involves a hell of a lot more than just being set dressing in a single zone.

Seriously, Vulpera are really friggin small population wise, why else would you think they were heavily
    threatened by the Sethrak and needed Horde intervention to save them? With the exception of some
    individuals, they aren't a race of Warriors, nor is it really in their culture to be, unlike with Goblins
    and Gnomes were there is existing precedent for it, despite their small stature (plus unlike with the
    Vulpera, they have enough of a population to actually have armies and the like). They didn't have that
    kind of force. They're primarily merchants and scavengers. They bring absolutely nothing to the Horde.
    Worthless dribble, please wipe your mouth off.

First of all, gnomes are super small population wise, so are most playable races, including most of the allied races, void elves especially. Population size in lore is so painfully irrelevant to whether or not a race becomes playable that just entertaining the idea gives me a brain hemorrhage.

Secondly, all of the allied races (except VE) contribute almost nothing new to their respective factions, tell me what mag'har orcs or DI dwarves add that regular orcs and dwarves don't already do? It's same thing with hm tauren and LF draenei.

Final note, it's painfully obvious you've never done the Vol'dun questline, the Vulpera show themselves to be warriors multiple times, and they're adept at stealth as well. Also their experience with logistics would absolutely contribute something to the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I really do not like the fact of playable Sethrak and Vulpera. If the Alpaca Mounts do become available and become New Mounts.

Might as well make them playable. Probably not going to play the Race. Just to get the Mount that's it.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Yes. And? It's painfully obvious which races are and aren't going to be allied races.
    No, they aren't. You are mistaking wishful thinking for lack of evidence.

So far every other new race in BFA that has player-level detailed models has become playable.
    Really? So Sethrak are playable? Vulpera are? The Turtle People? No?

Since you have the brain of a troglodyte I'll explain it to you in simple language.
    If you are incapable (which you are) of arguing, debating, whatever without acting like an immature
    child, you don't belong in this discussion with the adults. For now, please go back to your corner like the
    said immature child that you are until you can act like an adult. Is that simple enough for you?

Blizzard is a big corporation, blah blah blah
    Nothing relevant whatsoever.

Worthless dribble, please wipe your mouth off.
    No, that was the above.

The only one that needs to wipe his mouth off is you, because you are absolutely frothing at the mouth
    over my disagreeing with the idea of playable Vulpera. Which is honestly, really pathetic. If you get this hostile
    over a difference in opinion over a video game, you must not have any friends outside of WoW huh?

First of all, gnomes are super small population wise so are most playable races
    Incorrect. Before I go on, talk about being insanely ignorant in thinking that Humans have a
    "super small population."

Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Worgen, and Pandaren all have healthy populations. Likewise
    with Goblins, Nightborne, Darkspear, and Zandalari. Orcs don't seem to be dwindling anytime soon,
    and Forsaken have been beefing their numbers to an insane degree that if there ever was a
    threat of low population, it absolutely has been taken care of at this current time. Blood Elves,
    much like High Elves, have a low population. Tauren were low thanks to the Centaur, but they've
    seemingly been able to boost their numbers enough to not be regarded as low.

Population size in lore is so painfully irrelevant to whether or not a race becomes playable that just entertaining the idea gives me a brain hemorrhage.
    Apparently population is enough of a concern that Sylvanas brings it up to Garrosh (so I guess population is important Lore-wise after all),
    as well as Blizzard not giving High Elves to the Alliance fanbase for that very same reason. Try not to let that truth hemorrhage your brain
    too much.

Secondly, all of the allied races (except VE) contribute almost nothing new to their respective factions, tell me what mag'har orcs or DI dwarves add that regular orcs and dwarves don't already do? It's same thing with hm tauren and LF draenei.
    In your own words, its "painfully" obvious what these races contribute.

Tauren are large and powerful, and Highmountain bolster these numbers. Same for Mag'har Orcs. Nightborne, as shown if you
    were paying any attention to the game at all, have introduced teleportation tactics and methods that their more Arcane savvy
    Blood Elf and Forsaken forces couldn't do, giving the Horde much needed magical forces and aptitude.

Lightforged are basically super powered elite, which absolutely contribute to the Alliance's forces, as well as Void Elves introducing
    Void magic, which is a very powerful, albeit volatile force. Ironforge Dwarves are incredibly hardy and strong, further unifying and
    bolstering Dwarven forces.

So what pray tell, do Vulpera add. So far, we know they are merchants and scavengers, per Nisha's description. We already have
    Goblins, who definitely handle the trade and merchant department down quite capably. Sooooo...what else do they have?

Final note, it's painfully obvious you've never done the Vol'dun questline, the Vulpera show themselves to be warriors multiple times, and they're adept at stealth as well. Also their experience with logistics would absolutely contribute something to the horde.
    Seeing as how I've utterly schooled you in this, I'd say you've got that backwards, you clearly don't know half of what you
    are trying to argue (and failing at doing so too).

With the exception of a handful of fighters, the Vulpera aren't a warrior race. Nisha herself states that they are mostly
    passive. And yes, their small stature gives them the ability to be stealthy, but they aren't anymore stealthy then the
    Deathstalkers or Shadowhunters in the Horde. So if stealth is your best argument, it really isn't one. They aren't nearly
    as powerful a group of fighters as the other races in the Horde are, nor do they bring any kind of specialized magic.

They have a knowledge of the area. Useful sure, but since the entire war isn't going to be situated in Voldun, that's not
    enough to merit them joining. They contribute to the Horde by offering services, which for the record, is not the same
    as joining.

No, they aren't. You are mistaking wishful thinking for lack of evidence.
    "Lack of evidence"? No, it's called understanding how Blizzard and WoW works.

Really? So Sethrak are playable? Vulpera are? The Turtle People? No?
    Sethrak and Tortollan don't have player-level models. They can't equip armor and they don't have any player exclusive animations. Vulpera do. The other BFA races on this level like the Kul Tirans eventually became playable even though they weren't announced until later.

If you are incapable (which you are) of arguing, debating, whatever without acting like an immature
    child, you don't belong in this discussion with the adults. For now, please go back to your corner like the
    said immature child that you are until you can act like an adult. Is that simple enough for you?
    Sorry, I have no respect for trogloydytes.

Nothing relevant whatsoever.
    It's absolutely relevant. The fact that you think it isn't shows you know literally nothing about how businesses work.

No, that was the above.

The only one that needs to wipe his mouth off is you, because you are absolutely frothing at the mouth
    over my disagreeing with the idea of playable Vulpera. Which is honestly, really pathetic. If you get this hostile
    over a difference in opinion over a video game, you must not have any friends outside of WoW huh?

Incorrect. Before I go on, talk about being insanely ignorant in thinking that Humans have a
    "super small population."

Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Worgen, and Pandaren all have healthy populations. Likewise
    with Goblins, Nightborne, Darkspear, and Zandalari. Orcs don't seem to be dwindling anytime soon,
    and Forsaken have been beefing their numbers to an insane degree that if there ever was a
    threat of low population, it absolutely has been taken care of at this current time. Blood Elves,
    much like High Elves, have a low population. Tauren were low thanks to the Centaur, but they've
    seemingly been able to boost their numbers enough to not be regarded as low.

Apparently population is enough of a concern that Sylvanas brings it up to Garrosh (so I guess population is important Lore-wise after all),
    as well as Blizzard not giving High Elves to the Alliance fanbase for that very same reason. Try not to let that truth hemorrhage your brain
    too much.
    More irrelevant dribble. It's a fact in lore that most of the playable races are very small in number, bringing up the few high pop races like humans and orcs is irrelevant to the discussion because I said most not all. FYI Void elves likely don't even have a 1000 individuals. Vulpera being low pop has literally zero impact on whether they'll become playable.

In your own words, its "painfully" obvious what these races contribute.

Tauren are large and powerful, and Highmountain bolster these numbers. Same for Mag'har Orcs. Nightborne, as shown if you
    were paying any attention to the game at all, have introduced teleportation tactics and methods that their more Arcane savvy
    Blood Elf and Forsaken forces couldn't do, giving the Horde much needed magical forces and aptitude.

Lightforged are basically super powered elite, which absolutely contribute to the Alliance's forces, as well as Void Elves introducing
    Void magic, which is a very powerful, albeit volatile force. Ironforge Dwarves are incredibly hardy and strong, further unifying and
    bolstering Dwarven forces.

So what pray tell, do Vulpera add. So far, we know they are merchants and scavengers, per Nisha's description. We already have
    Goblins, who definitely handle the trade and merchant department down quite capably. Sooooo...what else do they have?
    Yawn. So the allied races contribute nothing new. Got it. Vulpera are a perfect fit then as they compliment goblins.

Seeing as how I've utterly schooled you in this, I'd say you've got that backwards, you clearly don't know half of what you
    are trying to argue (and failing at doing so too).

With the exception of a handful of fighters, the Vulpera aren't a warrior race. Nisha herself states that they are mostly
    passive. And yes, their small stature gives them the ability to be stealthy, but they aren't anymore stealthy then the
    Deathstalkers or Shadowhunters in the Horde. So if stealth is your best argument, it really isn't one. They aren't nearly
    as powerful a group of fighters as the other races in the Horde are, nor do they bring any kind of specialized magic.

They have a knowledge of the area. Useful sure, but since the entire war isn't going to be situated in Voldun, that's not
    enough to merit them joining. They contribute to the Horde by offering services, which for the record, is not the same
    as joining.
    The only thing I'm failing at is being "schooled" by a troglodye, but nice try. A le epic fedora tip to you.

Yawn. more missing-the-point garbage. You don't need to be god tier fighters or blood thirsty maniacs to join the horde. The goblins aren't exactly warriors either yet they fit in just fine. Vulpera simply bolster the merchant/stealth aspect goblins bring to the horde. They're no different than mag'har orcs or HM tauren.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2019-02-20 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I have no respect for trogloydytes.
    I have even less respect for immature children who
    think they are adults when it couldnt be further from
    the truth, as your posts show. Maybe you should see
    yourself out if you can't like one. You'd be doing us all
    a favor.

More irrelevant dribble. It's a fact in lore that most of the playable races are very small in number, bringing up the few high pop races like humans and orcs is irrelevant to the discussion because I said most not all. FYI Void elves likely don't even have a 1000 individuals. Vulpera being low pop has literally zero impact on whether they'll become playable.
    State some sources then, because aside from Gnomes
    and High/Blood Elves (which I did mention), the other races are mostly in decent numbers, Humans and Orcs notwithstanding. Otherwise, please carry on getting owned.

Yawn. So the allied races contribute nothing new. Got it. Vulpera are a perfect fit then as they compliment goblins.
    That's a pretty pathetic counterpoint dude. You had
    no good rebuttal, so you pretend to ignore it. That's
    another point for me.

The only thing I'm failing at is being "schooled" by a troglodye, but nice try. A le epic fedora tip to you.
    Trying to save face by going for personal insults
    yet again? You make this not only easy to
    deconstruct and knock down the Jenga quality
    "points" you're talking about, but you also for the
    record, make yourself into looking like a neckbeard
    jerkoff while I talk to you as civily as one could
    talk to an angry child.

Yawn. more missing-the-point garbage. You don't need to be god tier fighters or blood thirsty maniacs to join the horde. The goblins aren't exactly warriors either yet they fit in just fine. Vulpera simply bolster the merchant/stealth aspect goblins bring to the horde. They're no different than mag'har orcs or HM tauren.
    Yawn, you're just another angry child throwing a
    tantrum because someone disagrees. How sad.

Considering the fact that Vulpera don't bring in the
    technology that Goblins do, don't have the connections
    (especially underworld connections) that the Goblins
    do, and so far, don't even have the world spanning
    reach as Goblins do...No. You are (unsurprisingly),
    completely and utterly wrong. They add nothing that
    Goblins don't already bring.

Since you can't add a halfway decent rebuttal, I
    think you should stay facing the corner little boy.
    I'll call you over when the adults are done talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    I was complaining about this the other night to a friend; the Horde will get one of the most popular races they've done in years, whereas we get a Robocop version of one of the least popular races. Seems legit.
    I mean they can do this to p*ss of Alliance players even more. It's not like Blizzard has much to lose at this point when it comes to that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again