Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes. I used a blanket statement about the GOP and you are correct. Also remember what is happening in Wisconsin also done in North Carolina to reduce incoming power of other elected party.
    With everything else that has happened in the last year, I had completely forgotten about Wisconsin. And that was just a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Most of the issues you describe can be counteracted by ID laws and having a simple list of people that are eligible to vote. And the rest can be battled with proper voting procedures and having supervisors.
    Actually none of those would be effected by voter ID laws. Absentee ballots are mailed in, so no ID is present or needed. And a "simple list to show that people are eligible to vote"? That is what happens when you register to vote, which is when you show your ID.

The only time an ID would work for voting, is in person voting.

And it is a poll tax to require a valid ID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So concerned that he started a Voter Fraud Commission, which released no findings, and shredded all the data they collected 8 months later.
    Just a reminder: that commission met I think a grand total of twice, and during its short time, one member was arrested and one member died.

It was before 2018's election so they never would have found Dowless anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just a reminder: that commission met I think a grand total of twice, and during its short time, one member was arrested and one member died.

It was before 2018's election so they never would have found Dowless anyhow.
    Harris' culpability lies within previous accounts of how Dowless was interfering in other elections (back to 2010 or 2012) before he hired him. There's a chance they might have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Harris' culpability lies within previous accounts of how Dowless was interfering in other elections (back to 2010 or 2012) before he hired him. There's a chance they might have.
    Ouch, you're right, I completely missed that.

Yes, Dowless was likely hired because he got results -- results that would have been highly suspicious by any of my Stat students after maybe 3-5 minutes of work. The p-values are through the fucking floor. It'd be like looking at a job application where someone admits 35 kills by self-defense. Do you hire him? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, John Harris sent his father an email in 2017 warning him about hiring this fucker. He told him to expect a lawsuit, like this one, if he hired him. Told him all about the ballot shenanigans. Harris is Fucked.
    Well there goes his cover story. You are right, he is truly fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, now I need to remember that Ned Stark = Negan? So many changing names to get away from how wrong they've been or their generally bad forum reputation.
    Negan is TheWalkinDude. So, now you know why people are here to dunk on him daily.

WaPo: Candidate’s son warned father of N.C. political operative’s alleged tactics https://t.co/vK06AXLUBp
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...186788864?s=19

The younger Harris, who is 29, said he offered the advice to his father as he considered whether to hire Dowless to run his absentee-ballot program in the 2018 congressional race. He conveyed similar concerns to the campaign’s chief strategist, Andy Yates, he said. Mark Harris hired Dowless despite his son’s concerns, which he said he expressed starting in the spring of 2017.

At one point during his testimony, John Harris’s voice cracked and his father wept.
    I still say Harris knew, but this solid testimony that Harris campaign intended to do election fraud.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I still say Harris knew, but this solid testimony that Harris campaign intended to do election fraud.
    At this point, between the bullshit that's gone on in NC and the bullshit that GOP candidates and elected officials have engaged in elsewhere, I'd be hard pressed to believe he didn't know. He may not have known all the specifics, he just knew that Dowless would deliver the win no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    He knew. His lawyer son told him all about it.
    Is there an effective legal distinction between "Harris hired Dowless to commit election fraud" and "Harris hired Dowless, with reasonable certainty that Dowless would commit election fraud, and he was okay with that"? I mean, is this the murder/manslaughter of election frauds?

10+ Year Old Account
    He knew. His lawyer son told him all about it. He decided getting elected was worth the risk.
    I guess Harris the Younger is looking out for his own future by exposing his father like this.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Man, it continues to amaze me how relevant, "What did he know, and when did he know it?" continues to be for Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, it continues to amaze me how relevant, "What did he know, and when did he know it?" continues to be for Republicans.
    There are certain legal tests/definitions that are based on what a person "would reasonably believe". In this case, a jury might have to weigh if a normal person "would reasonably believe" someone who had suspiciously high absentee ballots, which they collected themselves, was cheating, and would do it again. And we've already ruled out ignorance, Harris was told directly by someone with knowledge of the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Harris claims over and over that he would not collect absentee ballots once completed.

"And I believed him," Harris sobbed into the microphone. "He did all those horrible things, and I was warned about them specifically and directly, but he said he'd stop for me, and I believed him. I'm not a bad person!"

A reporter asked, "You voted for Trump based on his campaign promises, right?"

"<sniff>Yeah, why?" Harris asked.

"No reason," the reporter answered. "Just starting to sense a trend here."

Mark Harris now wants a New Election. Said he's been having strokes lately.

BREAKING: Mark Harris, the Republican candidate in North Carolina's 9th Congressional District, said Thursday he believes a new election should be called after hearing four days of testimony alleging that fraud took place during Harris' 2018 race https://t.co/Uj1l8KI9bz
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...637877248?s=19

Posted above, but giving a news source with link.

So Harris caught red-handed now wants new election. It still needs to be be approved by the election board.

Now the prior election board was comprised of 3 Democrats and 2 Republicans. Idk if this will be the same that decide if there is a new election.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Fuck no to a new election.

Just remove from the total all the ballots in question and declare the one with the most the winner. And yes I know the winner is then the democrat, which is why the republican who got caught cheating is whining for a do over.

If he really wants an election. Let a jury vote if he goes to jail or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the State Board of Elections is now calling for a new election itself. Odds are that the GOP will try to have their nominee be anyone but Harris after all this considering how badly damaged his fraud has left him. Democrats will probably try to fight to keep him on the ballot for that reason though.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Said he's been having strokes lately.
    Wait, strokes? WHAT?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Just remove from the total all the ballots in question and declare the one with the most the winner.
    I get what you're saying, but, no thank you. I'd much rather have a new election then tell people who tried to vote "sorry, we threw out your vote".

- - - Updated - - -

The NC election board's vote was unanimous. Not that they had a choice -- NC's own investigation said it was a coordinated, intentional attack on the election.

Also just a reminder: in NC (and probably other places) it's illegal to take someone else's mail-in ballot, apparently. So even if they were sealed and untouched, Dowless would probably still go to jail, and Harris's election would still be tainted. That's only where this case started, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, strokes? WHAT?

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you're saying, but, no thank you. I'd much rather have a new election then tell people who tried to vote "sorry, we threw out your vote".

- - - Updated - - -

The NC election board's vote was unanimous. Not that they had a choice -- NC's own investigation said it was a coordinated, intentional attack on the election.

Also just a reminder: in NC (and probably other places) it's illegal to take someone else's mail-in ballot, apparently. So even if they were sealed and untouched, Dowless would probably still go to jail, and Harris's election would still be tainted. That's only where this case started, of course.
    Considering Harris sought out Dowless, Harris shouldn't even be a nominee right now. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...96a_story.html

Sounds like they also need to hold a new primary as well. Considering Dowless helped with the primary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit. Here it is:

During the hearing, the elder Harris said he's been struggling with recall and confusion due to medical illnesses such as strokes. He didn't say whether he'd run in the new election.
    Wouldn't having those medical issues prevent him from serving, even if he won honestly? This is some "I said I don't remember because you can't prove that's a lie" bullshit if I've ever seen it, OR he had a disqualifying medical condition and didn't tell anyone until under oath and facing jail. What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sounds like they also need to hold a new primary as well.
    I'm thinking whoever lost to Harris in the primary should sue the crap out of him. And the RNC should, too, because they're about to lose a seat and it's all Harris' fault.

1) He knew it was wrong.
    2) He did it anyhow.
    3) Fuck that guy.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to go full vengeful and say "no, no new primary, Harris has to re-run against the same Democrat" just to prove a point: if you cheat, and get caught, there needs to be consequences. The Republican Party needs to take a loss on this one, or there's literally no reason not to do this again, since they can just say "oh, well then re-run against our second place guy". I don't think that's enough. I think they have to either just flat-out admit defeat, or better yet, re-run with lying claims-to-have-strokes Harris and see how badly he loses this time around. Yes, this is blatantly unfair to the GOP runner-up, who was himself cheated, but then, there's something more important at stake here.