Poll: Which potential future Allied Race would you anticipate the most?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Adding blue eye color to Blood Elves would do nothing more than irritate those that want Alliance High Elves. How would that fix anything other than to give those against HEs a reason to point their finger and laugh?

Giving VEs a light skin tone with blue eyes resolves almost every potential issue, particularly if mixed with a storyline. The only thing it really adds is that it does give the skin tone of a Horde race to an Alliance race that exists, but as it doesn't have all of the same options/racials/etc as the Horde race, it really doesn't change much.
    Lorewise my option is better imo. Your comment belongs in the we want high elves thread. Which is explained 1000x times why that will not happen. Purple shadow void elves will not and should not get ligh skin tones, for all those reasons why blood elves are on the horde side. I will not go into pointless debate over high/blood elves.

But the best option which you will ignore is to move on and leave it how ot is. Void elves are already the worst thing ever..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Lorewise my option is better imo. Your comment belongs in the we want high elves thread. Which is explained 1000x times why that will not happen. Purple shadow void elves will not and should not get ligh skin tones, for all those reasons why blood elves are on the horde side. I will not go into pointless debate over high/blood elves.
    Totally disagree. Lorewise, why do they have blue eyes? Sure, the Fel is fading, but that is already covered with the golden eye look that they have. Additionally, why does simply giving them those eyes work better lorewise than furthering the story of the High Elves (mentioned in my post above) as well as the story of Veressa?

I'm not here to go into the HE/BE debate...to your point, there's another thread for that. I'm just curious why your option works better lore-specifically than mine.

But the best option which you will ignore is to move on and leave it how ot is. Void elves are already the worst thing ever..
    Putting aside the "worst thing ever" exaggeration about Void Elves, why do you hate them so much? They are definitely already furthering the story via their role, their presence helps to fill in some gaps about something not fully explained in WoW (the Void), and their role somewhat darkens the Alliance's usual Light-based hero setup.

Aside from that, you assume much about my interest in High Elves. I don't personally care whether they come in or not, and frankly think that adding them by themselves next to something like the Vulpera would be a complete cop out for an Alliance Allied Race. If anything, I'd rather see it as a skin tone or the like if at all. There's just enough people asking for it, and given how Blizz has asked us to let them know what Allied Races are wanted, it seems weird to me to disregard the one that seems to be getting the most noise currently completely out of hand.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Totally disagree. Lorewise, why do they have blue eyes? Sure, the Fel is fading, but that is already covered with the golden eye look that they have. Additionally, why does simply giving them those eyes work better lorewise than furthering the story of the High Elves (mentioned in my post above) as well as the story of Veressa?

I'm not here to go into the HE/BE debate...to your point, there's another thread for that. I'm just curious why your option works better lore-specifically than mine.

Putting aside the "worst thing ever" exaggeration about Void Elves, why do you hate them so much? They are definitely already furthering the story via their role, their presence helps to fill in some gaps about something not fully explained in WoW (the Void), and their role somewhat darkens the Alliance's usual Light-based hero setup.

Aside from that, you assume much about my interest in High Elves. I don't personally care whether they come in or not, and frankly think that adding them by themselves next to something like the Vulpera would be a complete cop out for an Alliance Allied Race. If anything, I'd rather see it as a skin tone or the like if at all. There's just enough people asking for it, and given how Blizz has asked us to let them know what Allied Races are wanted, it seems weird to me to disregard the one that seems to be getting the most noise currently completely out of hand.
    Well, void elves are just the high elf option the alliance got, we know high elves are just not different enough to make it a NEW race or what ever. Void elves never excisted and were purely created because of the outcry. It will not get closer then that, they are purple blood elves with different hsirstyles. They are far from unique in that sense I mean what is there not to hate if you like the actual blood elf lore from warcraft 3 and on.
    Nah its just that when ever some one mentioned the high elves its always going to the same route because they were warcraft 2 alliance race etc its just annoying. So I always refer to the right thread to discuss your high elf wish there. It wasnt realy to make things personal sorry.
    You already stated the eye color on why, but why only gold eyes if other elves not close to the sunwell could have blue eyes. Its lorewise the best option, I mean void elves have completely changed.. so blue eyes wouldnt.make any sense imo.
    I dont think elves are needed to explain the void. Shadow got a revamp in legion which started to finnaly adress some of the void things and now in bfa the void is coming closer.. I mean dont eat all your candy at once right?

As a Horde player I kinda wish Void Elves had just been High Elves for the Alliance who wanted them and the Nightborne had been the ones to become "void" for the Horde side. It feels very messy lore wise stacking the Light Forged and the Void dabbling race in the same faction. I mean it helps disrupt the Horde = Dark Evil : Alliance = Light Good simplicity they seem to want to avoid. Why should the Lightforged and Void Elves be on the same side of the larger conflict (also it's both BC races come to think of it)? It seems obvious the Void vs Light is going to be a major plot but at the moment the Horde lacks representation for either side of it in terms of races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, void elves are just the high elf option the alliance got, we know high elves are just not different enough to make it a NEW race or what ever. Void elves never excisted and were purely created because of the outcry. It will not get closer then that, they are purple blood elves with different hsirstyles. They are far from unique in that sense I mean what is there not to hate if you like the actual blood elf lore from warcraft 3 and on.
    Frankly, I'd think that fans of the Blood Elf lore would be interested to see how the set of elves that stayed with the Alliance went. Did they just wither to nothing? Have they truly interspersed and/or are losing their identity as elves? What does an elf look like without the addiction to the Sunwell? As it stands currently, we get random visions of High Elves as quest givers and that's about it...their story seems to be in stasis. Which is a bit weird when you consider how prevalent the other two Windrunner sisters are in the story right now...you'd think Veressa would be needing some story as well.

My personal suspicion is that Blizz agrees that High Elves aren't different enough to make a new race and was hoping Void Elves would cover the gap, adding enough differences between the races. It would appear that did not happen.

Nah its just that when ever some one mentioned the high elves its always going to the same route because they were warcraft 2 alliance race etc its just annoying. So I always refer to the right thread to discuss your high elf wish there. It wasnt realy to make things personal sorry.
    No worries, all good. It can get a bit tiring sometimes to see the constant requests. I mostly just care about the story, hate seeing solid story threads left dangling that aren't building towards something bigger and better.

You already stated the eye color on why, but why only gold eyes if other elves not close to the sunwell could have blue eyes. Its lorewise the best option, I mean void elves have completely changed.. so blue eyes wouldnt.make any sense imo.
    As for why gold eyes rather than blue, it has to do with the Sunwell itself. As the Fel fades away from the Sunwell, it makes sense that Blood Elves would lose that greenish tint. I think that might have even been covered by a Blizz dev somewhere, but I don't recall where. The problem is that lore-wise, that addiction to magic is still a part of their society, last I recall. With that addiction, they'd still need some source of it and would still likely be working with it as it stands currently...which is currently a light-based Sunwell after the last raid of BC and Velen's help. They could potentially go blue, but given that the addiction is still there, they are more likely to change their eyes to match their current source. Hence the gold.

I suppose I didn't go super far into why the light-skin, blue eyed Void Elves could make sense to me. You are correct that the Void Elves completely changed due to their starting scenario...biologically, they are not at all like their former Blood Elf selves. To really make something like the light-skin, blue eye style work, you'd need a good storyline (similar to the Night Warrior) to add the High Elves into the Void Elf ranks and explain the new look. Perhaps there's a story where you unite Veressa and Alleria around Windrunner Spire and the Silver Covenant joins the Ren'dorei. Perhaps a set of High Elves tries to dabble in void magic and you have to get Umbric to save them from themselves. Either way, the idea would be that you are playing a High Elf, but due to their shrinking numbers they have chosen to join the Void Elves. This continues their story, gives them further purpose, keeps High Elves from taking an Allied Race slot, and works as a small compromise for those who want to play as High Elves.

I dont think elves are needed to explain the void. Shadow got a revamp in legion which started to finnaly adress some of the void things and now in bfa the void is coming closer.. I mean dont eat all your candy at once right?
    True...but same could be said for Paladins, Priests, and the Lightforged Draenei. We've learned some about the Light through Paladin and Priest quests, but that knowledge exploded once we hit Argus and saw Turalyon fighting alongside the Army of the Light. With the extra creepiness from X'era followed by the whole Yrel/Mag'har Allied Race thing, we've already learned a ton more about the Light than we would have otherwise.

Personally, I would have rather just had Ethereals teach us about the Void (especially if they were playable races), but if Void Elves are the vessel Blizz chose for this, it makes me at least more interested to see where their story goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know why they don't just put a blonde hair /light skin option in for the Void elves. Wouldn't that kill most of the HE discussion?

On topic,

Gnoll for Alliance!

I'll be pissed if it's junker gnomes as so few people even want to play normal gnomes. It would be a lot of work for models that nobody wants to play. (but then look at kt female).

Vulpera I'm positive would end up FAR more popular than anyone expects. These cute furry races always are.
    Lol? So you don't want gnomes or KT females because they're unpopular, but you want Gnolls, a significantly less popular race that almost never gets asked for, especially for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde: Mok' Nathal, Ogres, Centaurs.
    Alliance: Furbolg, Jinyu, Wildhammer dwarves.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be the kind of Forsaken Nathanos is lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I think it is sad that blizzard don't make Starting Zones for new races anymore, I hope it only stay that way for Allied Races.

Goddamn, after all these years, I think it is sad we don't have:

1. Ogres (Should and could have been added in BfA, WoD, stright after WoD, BC and Vanilla).
    2. the Naga (Should be added after Aszhara is dead).
    3. Thin Humans (option)(Should have been added in Wotlk as a option, could have had a own starting area in Westfall or Valiance Keep in Northrend)
    4. Arakkoa (should/could have been added in WoD)
    5. Furbolgs for alliance
    6. Vulpera for Horde, No Problem for me as long as I don't have to play them.
    7. I don't like Mechagnomes, but if Blizzard are planning to make a Tinker class, it is 100% ok imo.
    8. High Elves to alliance, some haters gonna hate. low populated race, but so are the void elves? The counterpart is that Horde would have gotten the San'layn. (I have a feeling that after BfA we will be able to play with the other faction though, making Blood Elves able to play with the alliance. Also giving them the blue eyes option. O.o
    9. Wildhammer Dwarf option for normal Dwarves. Add in some tattoos. Don't need a whole new race for Wildhammers, cuz they are just a clan just like Bronzebeard.
    10. Sethrak cuz I think they look cool and unique.
    11. Drakonids?
    12. Vrykuls (Should have been added long ago after the death of the Lich King.)
    13. Tuskarr would been cool to add, remember I played that on a private server once, I liked it. Only thing is that they fit too much to be neutral.
    14. San'layn - just a hope.

What makes sense to not add in:

-Lightbound Undeads to alliance (which is stupid in itself).
    -Tortollan
    -Tuskarr (fits to stay neutral no matter how much i want to play them).
    -San'layn (I think they are too low populated to be able to be a playable race, but so are void elves?).
    -Fel Orcs...
    -Mechagnomes (If there is not gonna be a new Tinker Class in the near future.)
    -No more trolls, except for if they are for alliance - (Shadowtooth clan)
    - I am so out of ideas.

I've been reading every Allied race thread so far because I'm really into the system and can't wait to see more of them.
    And right now, I think the most sensible choices are:

Alliance - Junker Gnomes (gnome skeleton) and Deep Sea Jinyu (night elven skeleton - unused on the alliance side by ARs)
    Horde - Vulpera (goblin skeleton) and ???

However there's also other strong hints towards:

Alliance : Lightborn Forsaken led by Calia Menethil (Using the human skeleton, which is currently unused by any AR, if Derek Proudmoore's new body is anything to go by)

Horde: Night Elven Forsaken (?) or some kind of Forsaken horde race (Delaryn's story did not seem to be finished, with the Darkshore storyline hinting at further development). Maybe they could be led by Nathanos Blightcaller, a dead human leading dead elves mirrors nicely with a dead elf leading dead humans. They could use the forsaken skeleton, I would hope, since that would further distinguish them from the panoply of other elf races.

Now ... there's the already talked about question about the Kultiran skeleton being a new skeleton - something that one would assume Blizzard would like to take advantage on both factions for maximum efficiency. Which brings us to :

Horde: Ogres or Mok'nathal (using the Kultiran skeleton) led by Rexxar.

So these are what I think are most likely going to happen. But I'd also like to elaborate on more speculative, less likely options!

1. Jinyu and ... Hozen?

If we are getting a new twist on the Jinyu as an Alliance allied race, is it really too far off to expect a twist on Hozen for the Horde? It's only natural both of them would be thought of as a pair in my opinion.
    So why not some kind of Sky Hozen, that we got a glimpse at in those two npcs (Ginger-ginger and Flap-flap) flanking the Monkey King in Dazar'alor. It would be a twist on them and there's a perfect zone for them to be featured in ... Tel'Abim! The island is known for its bananas and how mysterious it is ... Hozen would be a perfect fit for its inhabitants.
    But what about animations and skeleton? I agree it's probably a deal breaker. But if you'll indulge me, let's look at the Jalgar skin for guardian druids' artifact. They use the same animation rig as the hozen/sky hozen. The Jalgar are supposed to be ancestors of the Furbolg, a race that is historically allied with the Night elves.
    Let's not forget that Legion had a lot of foreshadowing for BfA (the kultirans and zandalari as slaves in azsuna, the naga eel mount), including in the artifact skins (loads of zandalari skins, feral druids, enhancement and elemental shaman) and even the tier sets (shaman zandalari themed, hunter naga themed, rogue pirate themed and maaaaaybeee ... druid furbolg themed? )
    So what if blizzard eborated on that rig to allow player animations (they already have a lot of animations) and use them for Furbolg (Alliance) and Hozen/Sky Hozen(Horde)?

2. The Worgen Skeleton - Dragons ?
    So if we expect every playable animation rig to be used, we should look at the worgen. The Sethrak seem to be built from it, which could make them an allied race, either for Horde or Alliance.
    But if for some reason they do not become an allied race, let's look at another alternative... The Dragons!
    The dragonmen models from Cataclysm use the worgen skeleton, and they were said by developers to be based on concept art for a playable race that was scrapped! So with the hints of the Dragon Isles and Wrathion looking for it, could it be possible that Wrathion could bring a dragon race (using the worgen skeleton) as a playable allied race? In his scrapped Legion appearance, his goal was to recover black dragon eggs. Now he's looking for the dragon isles...

3. Unused skeletons left for both factions?
    If the Deep Sea Jinyu become playable using the night elf skeleton, we can assume that the blood elf skeleton could be used for a horde allied race. Despite already being used for Nightborne and Void Elves, they weren't used in their own factions. So what allied race using the blood elf skeleton could go Horde? The san'layn maybe? Or some kind of playable naga?

Anyways, I know not everyone enjoys allied races or the speculation around it. But for those who do, I hope you enjoy the read, I apologize for being so long! And let me know if you have other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol? So you don't want gnomes or KT females because they're unpopular, but you want Gnolls, a significantly less popular race that almost never gets asked for, especially for Alliance.
    Pfft that's because they're way out there and different so people don't discuss them as a reality. They're an iconic race in the game, if they were actually added they'd be more popular then gnomes at least.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Pfft that's because they're way out there and different so people don't discuss them as a reality. They're an iconic race in the game, if they were actually added they'd be more popular then gnomes at least.
    They are not iconic. No one hears "World of Warcraft" or "Warcraft" and thinks: Oh man, I love those gnolls. The only thing even keeping gnolls from being a completely irrelevant, completely forgotten thing is hogger being a meme. Gnomes are more popular than Pandaren and Goblins, you are kidding yourself if you think gnolls would be even remotely as popular.

Arakkoa are out there and different. Hozen are out there and different. Centaur and Dryads are out there and different. Gnolls don't get discussed because no one wants to play a gnoll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The vrykul and naga are two races that are infamous for being hostile towards BOTH factions. They'd make zero sense as allied races.
    And how many times did we fight Zandalari?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was almost sure Ogres will became playable race in WoD but sadly nope. I wish forest trolls like Troll Axethrower from W2 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    And how many times did we fight Zandalari?
    We fought Zandalari that were under the banner of Zul after he manipulated the king into thinking it was a completely different mission. Try reading the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak (8.2.5) and Junker Gnomes (9.0) for the Alliance
    Vulpera (8.2.5) and Lightborn Undead (9.0) for Horde

Would finish off BfA with perfect parity between the faction regarding ARs and the coupling of ARs with existing races.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

When are the new Allied Races released?

so many disgusting furries

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    When are the new Allied Races released?
    8.1.5, whenever that finally releases........ then hopefully never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Vulpera would make switch to Alliance.
    0% likelihood.

Sorry.