Poll: Should levelling be redesigned?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just think they should stop increasing the level cap, especially if they're going to give us an item/or something to level up more once we reach said level cap.

Feeling of proper progression issue can be solved somehow.

Feeling of empty world I fear can’t. As I said there are just too many distant (more than different) zones and too few people leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people mentioned, I think the issue with levelling is the lack of rewards between every 15 levels. I would propose a talent system of minor incremental boosts, like +0.% or +1% something, with the bigger ones every 15 levels as normal. Then once you hit max all the incremental boosts go away. They could take these power upgrades out of the boost you get each level. ie instead of your agility scaling up by X amount form 37 to 38, you gain a talent point you can put into agility to increase it by Y amount. This wouldn't upset the power of characters and provides rewards every level like the old talent system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I'm afraid that the leveling experience at this point is completely unsalvageable. The scaling helped giving you more of a choice of where to level, but all the zones, quests and mobs are still braindead easy and the rewards are next to meaningless. The only way they could fix leveling, which they won't do, is doing another huge revamp for all the zones. But they'd have to do so much work and redesigning the game that you might aswell make a WoW 2. All the quests, mobs, graphics, dialogue and sounds needs to be vastly improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limiting scaling is just in true retarded blizzard fasion. They must limit everything no matter what it is to increase their metrics the problem is people are catching on,

Id love to see a system like ffxiv where one character can be all classes just by switching a weapon or a spec, having 15 alts and figuring out which is my main this patch then getting caught up is draining af.

BfA needs a better leveling option for alts.

Invasions in Legion was a great example. Whenever there was an invasion, I'd just log on my alt and complete it then wait for the next one.

BfA forces you to either grind Islands (which I refused to do) or level painfully through shit that you've done 500+ times due to WQs being the same as quests themselves... such a BAD idea on Blizz's behalf. WQs should be entirely unique and not exactly the same as a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm afraid that the leveling experience at this point is completely unsalvageable. The scaling helped giving you more of a choice of where to level, but all the zones, quests and mobs are still braindead easy and the rewards are next to meaningless. The only way they could fix leveling, which they won't do, is doing another huge revamp for all the zones. But they'd have to do so much work and redesigning the game that you might aswell make a WoW 2. All the quests, mobs, graphics, dialogue and sounds needs to be vastly improved.
    I wouldn't mind a difficulty slider that made the scaling more brutal but yielded more XP. No other changes to avoid abuse, just a way to level more quickly with higher challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Agreed. TBH, I would not mind if the leveling was put in EK & Kalimdor. Make portals to all the other xpacs. Anyone who wants can go there and do anything we can do now, but its not needed to go there for the leveling.

Probably controvercial, but a nerf to levels is maybe also needed.

Would be sweet if they could update EK & Kalimdor each time a new xpac came out to fit the new main theme, but that would be to much for a task to ask for.
    For me the biggest thing would be to make the world zones feel full again.
    And create an hostile environment where you needed other people to progress.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-02-20 at 09:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    BfA needs a better leveling option for alts.Invasions in Legion was a great example. Whenever there was an invasion, I'd just log on my alt and complete it then wait for the next one.
    You are aware that BfA has invasions right? And they provide an XP buff for an hour after completing it. It is a great way to level alts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    - The rest of the questing should be like in GW2.
    You arrive at an area. You SEE what's going on.
    You dont need someone to asign you a quest, you're a big boy. You take action. The place is now safe *phasing happens*.
    No back-and-forth pickup-deliver crap.
    And please add the "public grouping" thing that GW2 does. It's so nice to just show up at an active event, contribute and then be rewarded without having to worry about manual grouping. The final bombing quest for the Alliance incursion in Stormsong Valley is so retarded in it's current form. Got in the first hit on a siege tower, but someone else get's the 2nd hit that destroys it? No progress for you! Did 5 people start the quest a few seconds before you? Have fun watching everything die before your bombs hit! I understand that you can group up, but that screws up anything you're currently in a queue for.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are aware that BfA has invasions right? And they provide an XP buff for an hour after completing it. It is a great way to level alts.
    I’ve done them, yes. They don’t give as much xp as the Legion ones did. Too few xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling needs a redesign but limiting it to adding a talent level is really small thinking.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They made it completely pointless after turning it into a microtransaction

10+ Year Old Account
    What can you put in its place that just won't be leveling under a different name?

15+ Year Old Account
    do the new allied races get their own storyline or are u just lvling a darkiron dwarf thru gnomeragen and ewlynn forest like its always been?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should take leveling and turn it into one of those training scenarios to learn how to use your abilities. Like the warlock green fire quest, or the rogue quest for legendary daggers. Or whatever those challenge tower things were (never played them). Then once you pass the quest they let you go play with all the other max levels.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Yes, of course, but...

In order to effectively re-design levelling it will have to effectively re-design entire game in general, starting with world (+servers) organization and ending with classes. They have changed everything so much that it can’t be done on single hand basis due to interdependence between each of gameplay elements. There is nothing even to talk about here. They have neither imagination, nor skills, much less semantic motivation/desire. Most don't care, so why would they do this?
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    This would mean completely redo the 1-60 quests, and redo them differently for every single class if not specs for each class.

Of course everyone would love that but it’s far too much work for a dead content.
    Not "re-do", but add to. Just like SWTOR, you leave all of the original leveling questline intact in WoW, BUT in each starting zone, the class trainers would come with brand new Class specific quests that show up as Orange instead of gold like the Class Hall quests that were specific to the class. They could even put the Class story quests in Purple instead of Orange just to distinguish between Class Story Arc and Class Hall quests.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I would rather suggest a level squish, rather then redesigning leveling itself. Most people complain that "you level for 10 levels without getting any new ability" and I agree to that. Rather than sprinkling abilities over 120 levels, I rather see the problem in that we have too many levels already. It could took days to reach a single level in classic, merely hours now in the 110-120 range. How about reducing the max level and adjust the levels below according to that?

Current Level cap: 50
    Max Level per Expansion
    Classic: 20
    BC: 25
    WotLK: 30
    Cata: 33
    MoP: 36
    WoD: 40
    Legion: 45
    BfA: 50

Exp required for a level up would be increased dramatically. But maybe also reduce the overall level time. The current expansion is endgame for 99% of players after all, and the time you spend leveling is only there to teach you how to use the ability of your class and explain some major story elements.
    What do you think about that?