Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    Just my opinion thats all just like its just your opinion if you think they are working on the next 2 xpacs already.
    They say they are all the time

I don't feel the same about the game as I used to but I don't feel like I'm drifting away from it. I play just as hard as I always have.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

everyone is. The game is 15 years old. its bound to happen.

I only log on for raids and weekly m+

Quote Originally Posted by Mentauk the Mindtaker View Post
    Just my opinion thats all just like its just your opinion if you think they are working on the next 2 xpacs already.
    Its not really opinion to say that though. That would be just going off of what Bliz has said themselves in recent years that they are working that far ahead. Sure the plug on wow could theoretically get pulled at any time if the prez of Bliz or Act-Bliz said 'that's it, wow is over' but in terms of the wow team itself I am beyond certain they are very far along with the next expansion and are already planning out the one that would come after it and prob already have a small team doing concept art for it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    everyone is. The game is 15 years old. its bound to happen.

I only log on for raids and weekly m+
    Absolutely terrible "excuse" Players who have played for 14+ years are drifting away, but they all started drifting away at the same time? As well as people who have played for 10 years? 5 years? 2 years?

People of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and situations are "drifting" away from the game. Time palyed is NOT an acceptable common denominator. Some of those ppl who have played for 15 years play pvp. some, pve. some just lvl and rp. And yet they are all "drifting away"?

This is a false argument and it holds absolutely no water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'll never understand why allied races (which are basically variations of existing races) are so grindy to unlock, but brand new races we could play right away when an expansion launched.
    $$$$ thats the reason. They have put in numerous reasons to stay subbed this expac, and quality, engaging gameplay is not one of them. Grinding out reps certainly is. When WQ were first introduced, people complained that having to kill "10 boars" was boring (intended), so they changed it to a progress bar. You still had to kill 10 boars, but for some reason, people prefer to see a progress bar that hides the real numbers. WoW has become various little progress bars - Rep, honor, ilvl, WQ's, Achives, Raider io (not blizz obv) etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Totally agree, I look at it this way;

- BC expansion = Blood Elf's, when they came with the game, did you have to go back to old vanilla content and grind rep to unlock them, before being able to create a new Belf ? NOPE.

- Wrath = Death Knight's - Did you have to go back to outdated BC zones and grind before you could create a new DK ? NOPE.

- MoP = Panda's - Did you have to go back to old Cataclysm expansion areas and work on old stuff before you could create a new Panda race ? NOPE.

- Legion = Demon Hunters - Did you have to play WoD again, and do a bunch of stuff there before being allowed to create a brand new DH ? NOPE.

- BfA = Blizzard says, hey this time, we're going to force you to go back to a 2 year old previous expansion, and grind outdated rep, and long old questlines, before you get the opportunity to play one of these new races. Have fun, and stay subbed please.
    You nailed it right at the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause you are the same as my best friend.

They added so many trivial bullshit content over the years (Which your type loves) that you totally forgot what the game is about (Gear chase raiding and then log off) and you turned into a "collector" type that does Single Player oriented stuff.

Now that the same content is in places you dont want to do, like Islands expeditions, you "fade away" as he did, complaining how awesome Legion was and he had so many things to do.

For your type, Legion was perfect cause they added lots of -the same thing but with a different name- with class halls, mage tower, transmog sets, and similar stuff, while in BFA, this isnt the case.

Plus, you had that "OH SHIT" moment in Legion with legendaries and with alts etc, its more fascinating.

You pretty much repeated his words the last 2 months with your post, told him the same.

Legion had more "content" for your type of player, for myself its the exact same game.

I have to log now and then to do my emissaries for 30m-1h every 3 days, passively/casually farm some AP to keep up same as i did with the artifact, one or a couple more M+ since i am a tank and i help my friends/casual guild i am in, and then i wait for the 2 raid nights we have.

Legion and BFA are 100% the same to me because i know what game i am playing and why i am playing, the only non-buggy raid simulator that actually gets updated content.

You are not "fading away" you are bored because there are less things for you to do in your mind, when the reality is, they are behind stuff you dont feel like doing, Warfonts and Island expenditions, aka collecting stuff.
    It doesn't help much that they continue to change things and "improve" on areas that don't need improvement. Loot is a good example. Titanforging and warforging is unnecessary. Bonus rolls are unnecessary. 4 difficulties are unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Its not really opinion to say that though. That would be just going off of what Bliz has said themselves in recent years that they are working that far ahead. Sure the plug on wow could theoretically get pulled at any time if the prez of Bliz or Act-Bliz said 'that's it, wow is over' but in terms of the wow team itself I am beyond certain they are very far along with the next expansion and are already planning out the one that would come after it and prob already have a small team doing concept art for it.
    Blizzard have openly stated that by the time BfA released, they were already well into the dev of the next expansion, and during the coarse of BfA, they will start work on the follow up to that, so yes, you are correct. And, i think it is a big problem. They have become a big, sluggish, unresponsive beast - unable to adapt and change with the times. This is why they seem so out of touch.

This is the main difference between the Simpsons and South Park - personal preference aside, the reason south park is able to stay so relevant all these years later is they have a full production time of like... 4 days or something, compared to the Simpsons 4 months. With the internet and websites like reddit, 9gag etc, the jokes already done and dusted, totally burned out by the time the Simpsons even reference it - its almost a throwback joke. I expect Blizzard to announce the brand new Battle Royale mode in 2024

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It doesn't help much that they continue to change things and "improve" on areas that don't need improvement. Loot is a good example. Titanforging and warforging is unnecessary. Bonus rolls are unnecessary. 4 difficulties are unnecessary.
    The issue is they removed systems that in my opinion DID work, namely the badge system. It was a great way to encourage people to keep playing, and awarded loot for playing the game, without trivializing it. Sure, many argue that giving out sunwell / bt loot to causals was a mistake, and possibly the ilvl could have been nerfed a little, but other than that, the SYSTEM worked.

It was a natural form of bad luck protection - it was a reason to keep playing content you didnt really "need" any loot from. It worked. It could have done with a little work on ilvls and the like, but it WORKED. I would take a badge system any day over bonus rolls and WF/TF.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Absolutely terrible "excuse" Players who have played for 14+ years are drifting away, but they all started drifting away at the same time? As well as people who have played for 10 years? 5 years? 2 years?

People of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and situations are "drifting" away from the game. Time palyed is NOT an acceptable common denominator. Some of those ppl who have played for 15 years play pvp. some, pve. some just lvl and rp. And yet they are all "drifting away"?

This is a false argument and it holds absolutely no water.
    People have been drifting away since vanilla. Where’s your data to show that more people are leaving now than, for instance, during WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    People have been drifting away since vanilla. Where’s your data to show that more people are leaving now than, for instance, during WoD?
    Goal posts successfully shifted. Good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love WoW, been playing since launch, like many players. Some expansions I like more than others, but haven't really "hated" any expansion, except for WoD, due to Garrisons, which made WoW feel like a single player game, and overall WoD just sucked.

But then Legion came out, I loved it, and played it 2 years straight 6 or 7 nights a week, it's entire run. Just so much to do, besides the typical hamster wheel of Raids and M+ weekly runs. Class Halls were fun, the artifact quests were cool, unlocking artifact appearances was exciting.

I was dying for BfA, after Legion, super pumped for something fresh and new. But not sure what it is now, I am just bored. And it's not that I am sick of WoW, I actually have gone back to lower level characters and done a bunch of Legion class hall stuff on them, and Legion based content on them, and having a blast and lots of fun. I just did the full Suaramar questline last week, and had fun.

I don't hate BfA at all, but i also do not love it either. One of my biggest gripes is the class design, my characters feel worse than they did in Legion. The GCD and overall slower rotations is a major turnoff to me. Arms Warrior was bad ass fun at the end of Legion, now Arms sucks balls. As do so many of my DPS melee guys. I liked Ret in Legion better than BfA Ret, etc...

But after that super grind of Suramar, now I feel burned out. I am back in BfA with several level 120's, and just sit there scratching my head, on what I want to do ? Most my characters are i385+, so my only option is M+ and Raids to gear up. And I ran BoD Normal a few times already, and just can't do the 3+ hour Raid scene anymore, i get bored with it, just going from boss to boss, whack, whack, rinse and repeat for several hours, is getting lame.

Not sure why Legion kept me interested and glued to the game, where BfA isn't holding my attention. Why is that ?
    I already quit and have been unsubbed since about 2 months in. Still I feel exactly what you feel. The class design is just atrocious, I still love WoW but can't justify spending $15 a month for a buggy 0 content game. As for what keeps you here, probably addiction like the rest of us lol. We've played this game for years.. it's hard to let go. But there has to be a limit where Blizz feeds us enough shit until we let them know we won't accept it.

Another attachment is our characters. I've had my paladin for like 7 years. My rogue for 9. They ruined both playstyles and in Legion I leveled every single class to 110 so I could continue my favorite game without being bored as shit. In the end I found every class is now equally as boring and uninspired as the last. Blizz is dead unfortunately.

If the next xpac has no inspiriation and love for class design then WoW is dead I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I already quit and have been unsubbed since about 2 months in. Still I feel exactly what you feel. The class design is just atrocious, I still love WoW but can't justify spending $15 a month for a buggy 0 content game. As for what keeps you here, probably addiction like the rest of us lol. We've played this game for years.. it's hard to let go. But there has to be a limit where Blizz feeds us enough shit until we let them know we won't accept it.

Another attachment is our characters. I've had my paladin for like 7 years. My rogue for 9. They ruined both playstyles and in Legion I leveled every single class to 110 so I could continue my favorite game without being bored as shit. In the end I found every class is now equally as boring and uninspired as the last. Blizz is dead unfortunately.

If the next xpac has no inspiriation and love for class design then WoW is dead I guarantee it.
    Spot on buddy. I agree, WoW cannot withstand another WoD or BfA bad expansion two times in a row. Luckily the trend has been a really good expansion after a bad one, but that's not set in stone to happen.

- Cataclysm was the first of the bad expansions, then MoP, came, and it was at least totally new and fresh and very different, that's for sure, and I liked it.

- Warlords of Draenor, another shit expansion, probably the worst to date, but thankfully Legion came, and it was night and day better, with a shit ton of good content too.

- BfA is the third of the bad expansions, so hoping the trend continues of a good, fun, new expansion after this.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't say wow is dying no but I'll also say I don't think it goes another five or six more years. I think we got two more expansions for sure possibly three more after BFA at the most I say they end it at level 150 on the 20th anniversary
    Not so sure about that. EQ will have their 20th next month I believe with 25 expansions and still going. Ultima Online is pushing 23yo and still going. Runescape is pretty old as well and seems to be cranking along as well. The good games just won't die as they did their own thing. It's mainly the ones that claimed to be the next WoW killer that have closed up shop. WoW may go into a maintenance type mode with less and less content updates but i doubt they will shut it down for many years to come.

I love WoW, been playing since launch, like many players. Some expansions I like more than others, but haven't really "hated" any expansion, except for WoD, due to Garrisons, which made WoW feel like a single player game, and overall WoD just sucked.

But then Legion came out, I loved it, and played it 2 years straight 6 or 7 nights a week, it's entire run. Just so much to do, besides the typical hamster wheel of Raids and M+ weekly runs. Class Halls were fun, the artifact quests were cool, unlocking artifact appearances was exciting.

I was dying for BfA, after Legion, super pumped for something fresh and new. But not sure what it is now, I am just bored. And it's not that I am sick of WoW, I actually have gone back to lower level characters and done a bunch of Legion class hall stuff on them, and Legion based content on them, and having a blast and lots of fun. I just did the full Suaramar questline last week, and had fun.

I don't hate BfA at all, but i also do not love it either. One of my biggest gripes is the class design, my characters feel worse than they did in Legion. The GCD and overall slower rotations is a major turnoff to me. Arms Warrior was bad ass fun at the end of Legion, now Arms sucks balls. As do so many of my DPS melee guys. I liked Ret in Legion better than BfA Ret, etc...

But after that super grind of Suramar, now I feel burned out. I am back in BfA with several level 120's, and just sit there scratching my head, on what I want to do ? Most my characters are i385+, so my only option is M+ and Raids to gear up. And I ran BoD Normal a few times already, and just can't do the 3+ hour Raid scene anymore, i get bored with it, just going from boss to boss, whack, whack, rinse and repeat for several hours, is getting lame.

Not sure why Legion kept me interested and glued to the game, where BfA isn't holding my attention. Why is that ?
    Mine mostly is well I am no longer playing an RPG game anymore. I don't have any meaningful control over my character or progression of my gear. My class was stripped of everything this expansion especially, and nothing was given at all while leveling. I don't find any of the trivial content they have added over the years fun in any way. This expansion was easily the worst in regards to side content. I don't like farming AP this expansion, and at least in Legion I felt like farming AP was meaningful in a small way cause I could learn new powers for my weapon. Blizzard tells you how to play their game more or less, so I no longer feel engaged in the story and the sense of exploration is also gone for me. Overall though, I am no longer playing an RPG in the sense.

The game has too may trivial things to do I care nothing about, I miss the good Ol days when you got gear from Raids and dungeons and that was all you had to do. Just like in Legion I could have cared less about the stupid artifact wapons and AP or Azerite the exact same thing I liked having all the gear drop from certain bosses and you knew exactly what those bosses were. I loved to log in 2-3 nights a week and raid then run an off raid or dungeon runs some other off nights. you could log and level an alt very quickly. Now since WOD ended I have only leveled 1-2 characters in the last 2 xpacs, I just don't want to invest the week + it will take me to level an alt that I may or may not like to play. I don't care about anything that does not give gear.

No Tier gear is a kick in the nuts too. And no specific class Raid gear either, it's now the same looking Plate gear for Warrior, Paladin's, Death Knights, etc...that's just wrong, and screams lazy.

- Island Expeditions ? I could give 2 fucks about that time wasting sh!t. Do it for AP farming ? LOL, F the AP grinds.
    - AFK-fronts ( WarFronts) Yeah, uh nope. Pure suckage. It's not even real PvP, it's Faction players vs computer controlled bots.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-02-20 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And those characters in smash bros, the ones that you have to unlock over time......they used on the cover art and advertised as a major feature of the launch game were they?
    Yes. Here's the box art for the game with all of these characters in the game at launch. Only 8 characters of the 70+ roster are available when you buy the game.

They heavily gated behind specific requirements? or literally just sit and play the game, and they unlock.
    You can either fulfill specific requirements (beating certain modes) or you can wait a certain amount of time to unlock them gradually (a bit like how WoW does the same thing where if you wait a content patch or two things always become trivial). The scales are different, it's the same principle

What date did they all unlock? or was it possible to simply play through and unlock them all at your own leisure?
    One of the characters only finally became available earlier this month, after being promised as a pre-order bonus

WHAT IS THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION COST TO PLAY SMASH BROS AGAIN?
    I actually do pay a monthly subscription to play Smash Bros online. What rock are you living under where you think console gaming online is still sub-free?

But you're right, comparing a fighting game and an MMO is NOT a direct comparison at all, and that goes both ways. The only real point I was trying to make with that is that not everything has to be some part of your greater conspiracy about Actiblizzsion killing WoW. People have argued since the 16-bit days about whether being forced to play or do things in a game is a good thing or not. It's not some new modern day scheme. It's not new to WoW, it's not new to gaming and it's pretty common.

You say the "its always been done this way" argument is a bad one, and then try to defend the practice by providing examples of other companies doing the same practice.
    No, lol. You're misrepresenting my point. I said that it's ok to do things differently than they've done before, while you're saying they can't do it this way because that's not the way they did it before. Flipping that statement around doesn't work - because I never said anywhere it's NOT ok to do things the way they've done before (by other companies in this case).

Don't muddy the waters You know very well those aren't equivalent claims.

Blizzard have used requirements before - DK's come to mind. But there was a very clear, logical reason for that - they didnt want someone started a new account, and started at lvl 60 straight away, skipping all of vanilla. That was logical, and done for the good of the game and its playerbase.
    Blizzard and other MMO-creators, and video game devs in general, have been using "unlocks" as a thing to give people a reason to play and consume content since forever. DKs is hardly the earliest example of it.

Do you remember attunements?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets were always great because of:
    - full set looks awesome (now we can transmo)
    - set bonuses were great
    - obtain full set made you proud
    - full set =prestige

Now its like. "Oh another epic loot *yawn* lets look on its ilvl *yawn*. Ahh damn it is lower than i need. Quicksell. *yawn*."
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-02-21 at 09:42 AM.

If you're playing WoW since launch it's only sensible you are going to get bored by the game at some point. I stopped playing in early cata, came back at MoP and left that early as well. Then came back at late Legion and didn't stop playing ever since. I still love the game.

Eventually a game is going to get boring, I think.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    Man you couldnt have said better, i main horde so i might be a bit biased but i decided to join some friends in the alliance for 8.0, AND IT WAS SO FUCKIN BORING. For 8.1 i decided to return to horde again and i am having the time of my life, i am actually enjoying the game despite its flaws, like doing full loremaster of zandalar on every char and i dont mind, i generally i enjoy the game more from the horde side. But like i said i could be biased
    What got me was stormsong, it started off really well with the run up to introduce the dungeon, then the rest of it was all bollocks. I shit you not, I did all of stormsong on release week and ran the dungeon once, once I had the quest. I left Stormsong at 117, It was stupidly large and as stupid as it sounds way to many quests. I followed up wtih Drustvar which was fun, but again not really impact on the game lore wise. It's more like running errands to build relationships with kul tiras where as the horde areas are literally designed around betryal, rebellion, corruption oh and a friken old god awakening. Uldir made 100 more sense because of the lore we saw in those quests. 8.1 makes 100 more sense because of interactions with Bo during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Except for Vol'dun where you see the reason you go there (Jakra'zet) once at the start in a cinematic and then again in the very last quest.
    I can't comment to much on Vol'dun haven't finished it yet. Since it was an alt I qued for dungeons while leveling which I don't usually do for a first time around, so I didn't need the third zone to hit 120. But I have enjoyed that zone thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, bias is maybe too strong a word. But apparently all the devs play exclusively Horde so they have lost the ability or the interest of looking at the game from an Alliance player's view. And that really should not happen.
    Yea that's how it comes across, or more so; we've developed this awesome story line around uldir and the trolls for the horde. Now we need to do the same for Alliance. While I won't say they didn't do a good job designing it (bar stormsong) there's just no connection to anything or any thing making me feel connected to it.

Zul for example with the horde. I knew he was an uldir raid boss and I was curious as to how that came about. When I saw that cutscene I was like holy fuck, now I feel way more satisfied with our first kill on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Yea that's how it comes across, or more so; we've developed this awesome story line around uldir and the trolls for the horde. Now we need to do the same for Alliance. While I won't say they didn't do a good job designing it (bar stormsong) there's just no connection to anything or any thing making me feel connected to it.

Zul for example with the horde. I knew he was an uldir raid boss and I was curious as to how that came about. When I saw that cutscene I was like holy fuck, now I feel way more satisfied with our first kill on him.
    Actually, Danuser has pretty much confirmed it in the last dev live stream with Gregory. When he was talking about the Burning of Teldrassil and Tides of Vengeance, he was like "We wanted to see how they (Malf & Tyrande) are reacting to what happened". NOT the nelf players/fans!!! He confirmed what I was thinking all along. In their mind, nelf fans/players do not exist as human beings behind every nelf toon in the game. So why even waste a thought on how WE would react to the destruction of the nelf capital and the mass murder of the nelf people. Because, well, we don't exist in their minds. Nelves are just an NPC race in their heads.

Meanwhile they are going out of their way to pamper Horde players left and right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fading away is the correct way to express it.
    Just hopping in and out nothing to do exept the m+/raid (island/pvp bored).
    Want some things to grind out that can keep me busy for a month or two.
    Things for a nice title or mount or set or whatever.
    Imo the rewards for doing stuff are dull and there are no cool sets in raids/pvp atm.