Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 20, 2019, Windwalker PTR Change, Blue Posts

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - February 20, 2019
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Battle of Dazar’alor
      • Opulence
        • Unleashed Rage (opal gem buff) and Earthen Roots (emerald gem buff) now also increase damage dealt by pets.
      • King Rastakhan
        • Fixed a bug that caused the encounter to unintentionally reset after resurrecting a player who died in the Death Realm.
      • Lady Jaina Proudmoore
        • Chilling Touch duration reduced by 20%.
        • Chilling Touch is no longer affected by Da Voodoo Shuffle.
        • Fixed a bug that caused Freezing Blood to be sometimes applied to players who correctly had allies nearby, on Mythic Difficulty.

Items
    • Fixed a bug that caused Enveloping Protection to be removed early when a target was hit with an attack that would fully absorb the shield.

Player versus Player
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Resolved an issue that caused Thorns to deal damage when the target is struck by unintended spells such as Eye for an Eye, Frost Fever, or Virulent Plague.
      • Restoration
        • Fixed a bug that caused Soul of the Forest to increase the healing of Germination applied by Nourish without being consumed.
        • Fixed a bug that allowed Nourish to apply two copies of Lifebloom to a target.

Quests
    • Flushed out a bug that prevented players from always being properly credited for objectives on "Flush Them Out".

Upcoming Windwalker Monk PTR Change
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In the next PTR build*, we’re looking to test this change:

• Now, If your primary target of Fists of Fury is dead or despawns, a new primary target will be picked for the purposes of dealing bonus damage to the primary target. It will pick the closest thing to you, unless you already have something else targeted that’s going to be hit by the damage spell.

So this is similar to how Eye Beam picks a target. It should also address Open Palm Strikes (Azerite Trait) sometimes stopping proccing because your main Fists of Fury target has died.

*This should be soon, but it may be in the public build following the very next one.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Keeping in Touch With Good Players
    Here’s one thing I like to do–
    As soon as I realize “This is a person I’d like to group up with again”, I ask them if they’re in any Communities they really like, and would be open to having me join. I’ve ended up in a few interesting Communities as a result.

And Communities show up in the Social tab of your Blizzard Battlenet App (the launcher). Really convenient. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Zandalari Racial Still not Nerfed
    I’ve been following this subject quite closely throughout this PTR.

While I don’t think you’re going to see changes in the very next PTR build (coming … you know – “Soon”), I do think you’re going to see some further tuning in a PTR build after that.

I would usually move a thread like this one over to the PTR forum, but I think I’ll leave it here with this: As soon as I know exactly what’s been changed for testing, I’ll post about it in the PTR forum. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Kul Tiran and Zandalari Unlock Requirements and Faction Change
    I’ve completed all the above on my only 120 character. If I was to faction change to alliance now, would I still be able to unlock Zandalari, or do I need to wait till the unlock quest chain is live before faction changing?
    Sorry for the delay, but I got some details related to characters that swap factions and these requirements! If you do a faction change your reputations will switch over but quest completion does not, so if you want to qualify to unlock the kul tiran/zandalari you will need to do the main storyline for that continent and faction.

Note that for the War Campaign aspect, if you got to exalted with 7th Legion/Honorbound then you can just do all the chapters without any delays to gain more reputation. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Can we get toggle RJW back? pretty please?

Can we get class/spec balance?

i legit forgot communities were a thing.

Duplicate news

It's neat that WW FoF is being addressed... but since we're on it... could MM please get the same treatment? You used to be able to switch targets during Rapid Fire channel, after the patch it doesn't switch targets and just drops if your target dies.

«Next PTR build» means no patch next week or the week after i guess ������

I’ve completed all the above on my only 120 character. If I was to faction change to alliance now, would I still be able to unlock Zandalari, or do I need to wait till the unlock quest chain is live before faction changing?

People that do this are too lazy to level a Horde alt.

OK lets be honest, no one actually uses communities. I forgot they actually existed. Just send them a friend request...

File that communities anecdote under "things that never happened." If you liked one player, you'd add them to your friends list, not randomly join some community.
    Also, that's a dumb question about the allied races. Why would you think you'd be able to faction change now and then unlock something for the opposite faction over a month from now?
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2019-02-21 at 02:18 PM.

A new player ,will see this cool zandalari or human kul tiran race, wants to play it, buys the game, comes to the conclusion he can never play it unless spending a LOT of time to unlock it, how the hell can any allied race be of any positve way to pull in new players, be so disgustingly poorly implemented??

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    A new player ,will see this cool zandalari or human kul tiran race, wants to play it, buys the game, comes to the conclusion he can never play it unless spending a LOT of time to unlock it, how the hell can any allied race be of any positve way to pull in new players, be so disgustingly poorly implemented??
    Simple. It's not. It's made to sell boosts and race changes. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Its a MMO and not a survival shooter game with skins.
    Anything instant access in WoWs past was a huge failure, why would you ever want something that never worked out well in any MMO?

This is just on the same silly level as hardware topics about WoW FPS problems vs Shooter FPS problems, yes lets compare static games with MMO architecture, some players should just stick to mobile games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Its a MMO and not a survival shooter game with skins.
    Anything instant access in WoWs past was a huge failure, why would you ever want something that never worked out well in any MMO?
    What the fuck lol?

Where is your source that the races that were available from day 1 never worked out well?

Seriously what an absolutely poor justification as to timegating core features of games like these. But to be fair I've come to expect this of people these days. Hell they could sell you the races on the store and you'd all find some way to defend it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-21 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What the fuck lol?

Where is your source that the races that were available from day 1 never worked out well?

Seriously what an absolutely poor justification as to timegating core features of games like these. But to be fair I've seen worse admittedly.
    5 years 22k posts, please post any signs you still play wow, I do not fuel any trollattempts to ingame topics.

5 years 22k posts, please post any signs you still play wow, I do not fuel any trollattempts to ingame topics.
    What does my post count have to do with this?

I asked you for a source of a claim you yourself made. Since it's clear you don't have one and went after something irrelevant such as post count it's safe to say you have nothing to go on. So this conversation is as over as it quickly began.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-21 at 02:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    OK lets be honest, no one actually uses communities. I forgot they actually existed. Just send them a friend request...
    They have their uses. They work well to summon Anduins knights to your server when the horde have a pvp raid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What the fuck lol?

Seriously what an absolutely poor justification as to timegating core features of games like these. But to be fair I've come to expect this of people these days. Hell they could sell you the races on the store and you'd all find some way to defend it.
    let's be fair, it's not like everyone leveled up the new races in other expansions, as it happens with allied races, the ones who want to level them up, do it, the ones who don't want to, pay. No time-gating will make people or stop them to pay a race change, and this is a fact. Comparing allied races with new races from other expansions and saying something like "this is just so people race change or buys a boost" it's not valid since it did happen before, it's happening now and it will keep happening. The difference would be the heritage armor, one can like it or not ofc, I like the velf heritage armor and didn't boost or race change him not only because of the money, but because I wanted that heritage armor.

I don't want to sound like a full time job whiteknight, but people need to get things right before they talk, are allied races a cash grab? of course they are, but at least it's not mandatory to pay for that race change or boost, the same as older races.

I paid to make my doggie DK a human, I was 2 lazy to level up one, it's the fault of blizzard? no it's mine because it's my money and my time and I chose how to spend it, not them, it's also not the fault of allied races, it's a nice system built on a world who punish people that don't want to invest X hours leveling them up, but being an mmo, it's really punishing you? or just working as intended? this last question is more personal for the player, and not something in blizzard's hands. unless they want to power up and extend the instant gratification to leveling up too, apart from itemization.
    Last edited by eduwneso; 2019-02-21 at 03:34 PM.

Which is about 12 posts a day on average. Which most people can do in under 10 minutes if they are decent at typing. But still irrelevent to the subject at hand in the thread.

Why would they nerf the racial before a couple of thousands of players switched to zandalari? Then they nerf it, then people will revert back, thus some of them paying double for changing races.