Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "originally" but I was playing on a PvP server ~6 months before retail launched.
    It was very clearly stated in details by devs that when the core idea of WoW was being worked on the idea of having PvP in the game was out of the question. It's with further market research and by studying other games that they finally gave in and decided to put pvp in. I'm not talking about the release or any pre-released version available, that was several years before that.

I was just saying that PvP was always an after thought in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

3:50

In arenas you can just exploit their casttimes by hugging pillars.

They might dominate everywhere else, but arenas, i mean i affliction yes, but destros? They must have a good setup for that, on their own they can't get a single cast off.

You guys should speak more about actual arena setups supporting the destro lock not the spec itself, when discussing arenas, its a bit silly just talking about a single spec there, in team pvp?

So, if people ars saying a sub rogue permantly stuns and slow them, so the destro pulls some cats off that kills them, i see your point, on their own, they are trash.

Same stuff can be said about bgs/rbgs, they hit hart because you know - chaos bolts from the 2nd row.

If they get trained there is no dmg.
    Lmaoo, you cannot be serious destro is literally unpunishable in arena rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    It was very clearly stated in details by devs that when the core idea of WoW was being worked on the idea of having PvP in the game was out of the question. It's with further market research and by studying other games that they finally gave in and decided to put pvp in. I'm not talking about the release or any pre-released version available, that was several years before that.

Yeah, I guess that’s why they have tons of PvP stuff, it’s a combination of PvE and PvP why even post at all if you have nothing else to contribute
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2019-02-20 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Yeah, I guess that’s why they have tons of PvP stuff, it’s a combination of PvE and PvP why even post at all if you have nothing else to contribute
    The guy asked me a question, I answered. What's your problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    The guy asked me a question, I answered. What's your problem?
    In the post before that, you tried to belittle his concerns because you dislike the activity he was concerned about. Don’t try to play the victim role when your post was completely uncalled for in the first place. Nobody asked if you feel/think PvP is an after thought or not.

Thread is about Warlocks in PvP.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2019-02-20 at 09:25 PM.

In the post before that, you tried to belittle his concerns because you dislike the activity he was concerned about. Don’t try to play the victim role when your post was completely uncalled for in the first place. Nobody asked if you feel/think PvP is an after thought or not.
    It has nothing to do with my feelings. It objectively is an afterthought regardless of how much you dislike the facts in my posts.

7+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with my feelings. It objectively is an afterthought regardless of how much you dislike the facts in my posts.
    Ok and even if that is true, what is the point of posting that? Does it make you feel better attempting to belittle what others concerns are? As I said, nothing to contribute why post at all.

Thread is about Warlocks in PvP, not about what Freshouttajail thinks about PvP don’t have anything to say about warlocks in PvP don’t say anything.

Ok and even if that is true, what is the point of posting that? Does it make you feel better attempting to belittle what others concerns are? As I said, nothing to contribute why post at all.

Thread is about Warlocks in PvP, not about what Freshouttajail thinks about PvP don’t have anything to say about warlocks in PvP don’t say anything.
    I haven't posted anything about what I think. I stated the fact that warlocks have been stupid in PvP for 15 years because Blizzard never does the right thing with PvP balancing because it's an after thought. Everything I said is important to learn for people who don't know and is perfectly related to the subject of warlocks in PvP.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I'm stating facts, if you think someone's opinion was belittled it's because their opinion goes against the facts. Or am I supposed to not say anything and let people believe the wrong things just for the sake of not hurting opinions?

Sounds like made up nonsense, especially given the fact that when they were building the game they were building it with core PvP systems. Maybe one of the creative minds was against PvP but that certainly was not collectively true. Even so, it's kind of like saying a house wasn't even supposed to have a second floor because the first napkin sketch was a ranch. Obviously the game was built with PvP and was intended to have PvP. I am sure there were hundreds of "original" concepts that were completely abandoned by the time it was actually being built.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    70 wins 2 drops? also would like to see any evidance of that, sounds like a fuck load of BS and yes i do.

hmm i wonder how to get these 70k chaos bolts...

also sounds like you may just be bad at the game. its easy to CC locks, stun, move, knock back. and once their 8 seconds are up ezpz to interrupt them.
    Sounds like you're bad then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHP-zE3W3aA at 2:05

78k, and 92k chaos bolts back to back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Sounds like you're bad then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHP-zE3W3aA at 2:05

78k, and 92k chaos bolts back to back.
    yes those are some of the best geared, with being allowed to get the perfect procs

2 trinkets
    3x azerite proc
    3 min cooldown proc
    wep enchant proc.
    so literally all of his cooldowns, interupt him here, stop this, and he will have to wait 3 or more minutes before he could ever pull this off again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

yes those are some of the best geared, with being allowed to get the perfect procs

2 trinkets
    3x azerite proc
    3 min cooldown proc
    wep enchant proc.
    so literally all of his cooldowns, interupt him here, stop this, and he will have to wait 3 or more minutes before he could ever pull this off again.
    And? That is possible for everyone to do. That is the issue with locks, they can do 150k damage in less than 5 seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    And? That is possible for everyone to do. That is the issue with locks, they can do 150k damage in less than 5 seconds.
    uninterrupted yeah, mages can easily do the same, as can most classes if they get 5 seconds of perfect free casting

uninterrupted yeah, mages can easily do the same, as can most classes if they get 5 seconds of perfect free casting
    Except mages dont have the ability to coil at half health in to a 92k chaosbolt. I mean, you are clearly biased.

Biased 1400 warlock in the thread, game is literally plagued with destro wizzard cleaves it’s so disgusting how they can mess up everything and still win. Playing one of those comps is literally 500 free rating. Destro comps don’t even have to set up : just do pure pve stuff on cooldown and eventually you win because of unavoidable cc / unhealable damage.

Also “please los” lmao you can’t los a destro wizzard cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Warlocks are in overall a pretty good place but are not well situated for arena pvp. Like any caster that does primarily one school of damage are pretty easy to shut down by a couple melee.
    Are you 900 rated or what ? You have multiple schools and ALL OF THEM bring a benefit to your cycle.

“but only chaos bolt deals damage and when I have 2 melees tunneling me I can’t cast a 3 sec spell”

OP should change the title to "Can we talk about destro warlocks?" RIP Demo pvp

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Sounds like made up nonsense, especially given the fact that when they were building the game they were building it with core PvP systems. Maybe one of the creative minds was against PvP but that certainly was not collectively true. Even so, it's kind of like saying a house wasn't even supposed to have a second floor because the first napkin sketch was a ranch. Obviously the game was built with PvP and was intended to have PvP. I am sure there were hundreds of "original" concepts that were completely abandoned by the time it was actually being built.
    Look, you're free to think whatever you want. WoW was not supposed to have PvP, everything else was already decided and in motion then later on they squeezed it in. That's not my opinion, that's not my wish, that's not what I like, that's not made up.

It also doesn't mean it's impossible to make a good feature even if it wasn't originally supposed to exist. But considering how freaking bad pvp has been forever, it's hard to imagine they're really trying. I mean, it's the same fucking stupid ass gameplay that promotes the use of skills that prevent other players from playing the game, now THAT's my opinion, maybe people hate the game so much they enjoy the chain CC so get a break from playing the game, who knows? I, for one, do not enjoy having other players stopping my game and I don't want to fight people who appear to be afk.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Does anyone think they are fine? its legion all over again. They stand there in full tank mode, spaming cc and kill people with 70k chaos bolts. 6 seconds kick, heal for the whole team, mobility for the whole team.

Every noob can pick up warlock at the moment, because playing warlock brings no punishment.

Holinka you failed us again
    So you have an issue with a spec not a class?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So you have an issue with a spec not a class?
    Yes , since the fun factor of playing vs locks is zero. We win most games, but it isn’t fun to play against them. They only good thing is , that the warlock lost rating. Else we have nothing to take from winning against them

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhh.... what...?
    70k chaos bolts is not... that much... a fully built up, all procs, all cooldowns... 70k almost 3 second cast... yeah thats nothing compared to some of the other classes....

6 seconds kick? you do know most classes have a 6 second kick right?
    heal for the whole team, what?
    mobility for the whole team what?

do you mean healthstones? you know potions exist right?

do you mean gateway? which needs to be placed ahead of time, has a long cooldown, cant be used with a flag, and is very obvious where it is and leads...
    Most classes have a 4 second kick. Only Warlock and Mage have a 6 second, and of the two, Warlock's kick is tied to a pet, so they don't have to stop casting.

Potions can't be used in instanced rated PvP.

Gateway is strong. It's a significant gap opener usable by anyone. I personally feel it's fine though.

Personally, I feel that healthstones should be usable only by the warlock in PvP - similar with Mage's food.

Drain Life needs a heftier PvP mana cost.

Chaos Bolt is fine - The answer to it is called pillar humping. It's basically a free 3 seconds of damage on the lock and he can't do a thing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Most classes have a 4 second kick. Only Warlock and Mage have a 6 second, and of the two, Warlock's kick is tied to a pet, so they don't have to stop casting.

Potions can't be used in instanced rated PvP.

Gateway is strong. It's a significant gap opener usable by anyone. I personally feel it's fine though.

Personally, I feel that healthstones should be usable only by the warlock in PvP - similar with Mage's food.

Drain Life needs a heftier PvP mana cost.

Chaos Bolt is fine - The answer to it is called pillar humping. It's basically a free 3 seconds of damage on the lock and he can't do a thing about it.
    most classes have a 4 second kick with a 12 second cooldown
    warlocks and mage have a 6 second kick with a 24 second cooldown...
    why do you treat that as a boon?
    yeah i forgot that part

except healers can drink in pvp...
    drain life has been heavily nerfed for abit now.
    and yeah people seem to forget "hug a pillar, fuck a destro lock"