Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 39 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't intend to waste my time and money on an sjw man hater with an agenda

infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-02-22 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    No, this time its more about the actor Bri Larsen literally telling the media press she does not want white men watching the movie that sparked some debate
    She never said that. Like at all.

Stop spreading actual fake news like it is fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ll get to your other point after.

Quaility should be the only thing that matters but in almost every case of anti sjw’s running off with something they won’t wait to see the qauility of the thing they just see an announcement and go nuts like with riri.

You also remember comply and utterly wrong riri wasn’t cut she has her on line still going.

Literally none of the Diverse line was cut you must have been reading nonsense. Female Thor’s story came to an end like it was planned from day one and the only other case that comes even close is cho who was Proabbly the least talked about of all the diverse hero’s.

The attack in riri was soly due to her race and sex and had nothing at all to do with quality.

Edit: guess I won’t go back to the other point due to the mod note I’ll just stay on the topic of marvel.
    Of all the diverse changes they made the best one was All-New Wolverine, that was so good. And the lead in to X-23 becoming Wolverine after Logans death flowed so well. And I am probably one of the few people in the world who loves Honey Badger. Fuck the haters she's awesome.

Also Sam Wilson as Captain America wasnt half bad either. I enjoyed his run up to Secret Empire.

The problem I had with Lady Thor isn't solely on her being Thor it's the fact that I never really like Thor comics to begin with, so she really didn't change my mind. I will need to see a Thor fans opinion on her run.

Amadeus Cho as Hulk seems pretty goofy and misses the mark on what Hulk is supposed to be about. The idea is there, but it's execution was horrible.

I honestly didn't like Ironheart, Riri just came across as annoying and unlikable to me. The stories were okay, from what I read of the earlier issues but it just did nothing for me. It was like nails down a chalk board in written form for me.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-22 at 11:52 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I would probably have seen it but Larson's tirades is what killed any desire to see it.. I would rather watch Alita or Wonder Woman instead and I do plan on seeing Alita at least that looks halfway decent..
    Please explain what tirade? She clearly said she wanted a more diverse press pool. Incels and insecure white males read it as shitting on and getting rid of white men and spewed forth a bunch of incorrect shit attributed to her. She then added that no one was losing seats at the table, that she wanted more seats with more diversity. Nothing worng with anything she said, just a bunch of man-babies.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-02-22 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The problem I had with Lady Thor isn't solely on her being Thor it's the fact that I never really like Thor comics to begin with, so she really didn't change my mind. I will need to see a Thor fans opinion on her run.
    As a HUGE Thor fan, FosThor started off a bit weak, but once it hit its stride it got really good. The Asgard/Shi’ar war arc was excellent, and the War Thor arc was CRAZY good.

Riri is very similar. Her run on Invincible Iron Man was decent, but nothing to write home about. Her current arc, in her own book is actually coming along incredibly well, and she’s great in Champions.

Totally Awesome Hulk can fuck RIGHT off though.

And fuck the haters, Honey Badger FTW.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    TooMuchBS;DW:
    Brie Larson: "When I said I wanted less white men movie reviewers on my press tours, I didn't mean I wanted less white men movie reviewers. You totally took my words out of context. What I actually meant was I wanted more diverse movie reviewers. See I'm not being racist or exclusive. We're not coming for your seats, we want more seats."
    10/10 damage control , someone's clearly had a word with her about trying to alienate a large portion of the film's potential audience but she still can't do a very good job of cleaning up her mess. Especially when I've heard that bolded sentence somewhere before and it was laughably untrue then.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

more 50% of fans hate Lady Thor run.

I said: no more politics/social agendas, social conspiracies, etc. Infractions have been handed out. Cut it out.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of all the diverse changes they made the best one was All-New Wolverine, that was so good. And the lead in to X-23 becoming Wolverine after Logans death flowed so well. And I am probably one of the few people in the world who loves Honey Badger. Fuck the haters she's awesome.

Also Sam Wilson as Captain America wasnt half bad either. I enjoyed his run up to Secret Empire.

Amadeus Cho as Hulk seems pretty goofy and misses the mark on what Hulk is supposed to be about. The idea is there, but it's execution was horrible.

I honestly didn't like Ironheart, Riri just came across as annoying and unlikable to me. The stories were okay, from what I read of the earlier issues but it just did nothing for me. It was like nails down a chalk board in written form for me.
    Lady Thor was Proabbly my favourite as it actually got me into reading Thor where as before Thor comics wernt on my radar at all.

Riri would be at the bottom but that would only be because I lost interest in iron man years ago so other then her showing up in infamous iron man and the champions I haven’t actually read any of her comics or iron man comic in general and I wasn’t impressed with her showings in thoses places.

Cho would dead set in the middle for me just being kinda meh and only getting read because I’m a huge hulk fan and read every thing hulk. Miles x23 moongirl and even iceman would all be on the upper end above cho and captain Sam and spider Gwen being on the lower end as while I’m not interested in them where they have shown up I’ve enjoyed them.

The only real outlier is khan as ms marvel as I like her character a lot but I just can’t bring my self to read her comics due to the art style bugging me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Would honey bager really count? she doesn’t really fall into the same category as the others as she’s comply new. I’m also really not sure how any one could give her hate with how well written every thing (but old lady x23) has been.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    more 50% of fans hate Lady Thor run.
    Yeah, it wasn't that good. It started off terribly boring, and worked it's way all the way up to "decent" when it got to War Thor. When a run's absolute best arc can't surpass decent it's a pretty good sign it's not a great book.

Never read Riri's book, don't care about her, or well, really anything Iron Man related. Cho-Hulk was not for me. Much prefer Cho as Hulk's ally, not the Hulk. X-23 as Wolverine was decent(though I will NEVER agree that her taking that mantle was the right, or, if you had read her previous solo book, BELIEVABLE decision), though yeah, I'm really, really not convinced she needed a kid sidekick either.

This is not a film but an ordinary conveyor. Every half a year, something new from the Marvel series comes out. It would be better if they made films like in the 2000s

Why is there so much attention given to this cat?

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Iirc correctly,in the comics the cat is actually an alien scouting out earth for future conquest or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Honey Badger just suffered from timing. I think people are a little fatigued by a dozen different Wolverine copies. Similar is starting to happen a dozen Spider-Man copies.

Wolverine & Sabretooth were already kind of copies; 2 sides of a coin was kind of the point.

But then we got X-23 and Dakken. Then clones of X-23. Then there's the Wolverine/Hulk monster. There's also Old Man Logan. And Ultimate Wolverine's son. And THEN Honey Badger.

I was all in favor of Laura taking on the mantle after they killed Logan, but ultimately in hindsight, I regret it. She was actually cooler for me with her own costume and simply keeping the X23 moniker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Because it's not a cat, it's a flerken.

Don't know if it'll just be a nod or if they're actually going to make "Goose" (Chewie in the comic) an alien.

I want that cat in Endgame just for a live action version of this more than I care about Captain Marvel herself in Endgame.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-02-22 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualPoint5 View Post
    This is not a film but an ordinary conveyor. Every half a year, something new from the Marvel series comes out. It would be better if they made films like in the 2000s
    Like Ang Lee's Hulk? Not while Disney owns Marvel (which is now and forever.) Disney isn't concerned with making art. Every film and product made by Disney is manufactured from a formulaic money making scheme.

Yeah, I know, every movie studio makes movies to make money, but those who hire directors who actually care about making films that challenge their creativity and unleashes their artistic side produce films based on comic books like The Dark Knight trilogy, where a story takes precedent over need for product. Disney has never and will never be interested in hiring directors like that. The few times they did where the directors didn't turn into corporate yes men, production was notable hell.

Look at the new Star Wars movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Brie Larson: "When I said I wanted less white men movie reviewers on my press tours, I didn't mean I wanted less white men movie reviewers. You totally took my words out of context. What I actually meant was I wanted more diverse movie reviewers. See I'm not being racist or exclusive. We're not coming for your seats, we want more seats."
    ....Wait, aren't those seats limited in number?
    If you pour in a rainbow of "diverse" critics won't you by logic force out a few of the already competent people sitting?
    If not, what is stopping those people from pitching in and providing their reviews?

Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Lady Thor was Proabbly my favourite as it actually got me into reading Thor where as before Thor comics wernt on my radar at all.
    ugh I hated that bitch.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    ugh I hated that bitch.
    She was mostly well written and got great arcs only down side I’d say is that she didn’t die in the end as it would have been more impactful.

I have zero interest in this movie despite loving the genre. I'm just not the target audience as I feel this one is aimed at the female audience, so I see it like a romantic comedy or a musical, it's just not my type of film. And I don't think Disney expects many males to see it either, but it'll still rake in millions so no real issue.

My concern is what this will do to the final Avengers movie. There is a growing concern that Marvel wants CM to take over the Avengers franchise once the main characters bow out. For many people the upcoming Avengers movie will be the last because the characters we know and love (Iron Man, Thor, Capt America) will be gone, and the remaining characters are just not good enough to carry the franchise. The fear is Marvel will have Captain Marvel single handedly take out Thanos, relegating beloved characters to the reserves bench so she can get credit and impetus to take over the franchise.

That would be a travesty and dishonourable way to end what has been one of the greatest series of films ever made.